Mass Effect 2 (new) @ Wal-Mart = $10.96

Roethlisberger

CAGiversary!
This is my first deal post, so please be forgiving if this price has already been posted.

Wal-Mart.com has Mass Effect 2 @ $10.96 with free 'ship-to-store'
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mass-Effect-2-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/10979133

It is free shipping if you select ship-to-store.
Standard Shipping to your home address is also pretty reasonable...comes in at just less than $2 for me...which should be close to the same for anyone else if you are just ordering one game.

OK...my first post. I know this game has steadily been decreasing in price for the last 6 months, but this is the cheapest I have sceen it yet brand new.
Hope this info helps!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Well the Mass Effect 2 DLC is playable anywhere in the story for the most part-- including after the end credits. It's generally better to tackle it sooner though, since the characters/weapons/upgrades that you earn from the DLC missions benefit you for the rest of the game.

Even if you wait until you've already beaten the game and all of the side missions before deciding whether to purchase the DLC though, it's still worth it. The Shadow Broker mission in particular easily rivals anything else in the game.[/QUOTE]

Shadow broker is the only one I'm getting unless there is a great sale.

I was being lazy last night. I added it to my cart on my phone and didn't check out right away. Woke up this morning to find it sold out. Anyone here have experience with walmart.com on these types of deals? Should I keep checking back to see if it comes in stock or is this deal gonna be dead?

I was being lazy last night. I added it to my cart on my phone and didn't check out right away. Woke up this morning to find it sold out. Anyone here have experience with walmart.com on these types of deals? Should I keep checking back to see if it comes in stock or is this deal gonna be dead?

Gah! I HATE Wal-Mart! When I saw this thread earlier today, the site was OOS. So I went to the store where they had ONE THOUSAND fucking copies, but they're $19.96 and for some crazy reason they don't PM their own site! Of course now it's back in stock on the site, so I ordered it with Site-to-Store delivery.

What did you accomplish Wal-Mart? I still got the game at the sale price, the only difference is now you have to ship it to the store and I have to drive my happy ass back over to the store in a week to get it. Ya could've just PMed it in store, saved us both extra time and petrol, and had a happy customer. Boo :shame:

[quote name='DoubleJG']I wasn't aware that it came with DLC inside. Is the DLC used via disc or code?[/QUOTE]

DLC for ME1 Plat Hits is on a second disc, you could share it. Comes with a bunch of Art, documentaries, and Soundtrack.

[quote name='P a t r i c k']In stock at Amazon for $10.96 with FSSS/Prime right now.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Looks like submitting the lower price thing worked! :D
Have 8 bucks left in credit on Amazon, so got the game for $3!

[quote name='Player2']Gah! I HATE Wal-Mart! When I saw this thread earlier today, the site was OOS. So I went to the store where they had ONE THOUSAND fucking copies, but they're $19.96 and for some crazy reason they don't PM their own site! Of course now it's back in stock on the site, so I ordered it with Site-to-Store delivery.

What did you accomplish Wal-Mart? I still got the game at the sale price, the only difference is now you have to ship it to the store and I have to drive my happy ass back over to the store in a week to get it. Ya could've just PMed it in store, saved us both extra time and petrol, and had a happy customer. Boo :shame:[/QUOTE]

I would argue that's why Site-to-Store is still listed as a "Beta," though 'broken' would have been more accurate...

Even on Amazon I still can't pull the damn trigger. I Look and see Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition and it having all the DLC on a separate disc and I rather have that or at least hope that's how they do it.

[quote name='bardockkun']Even on Amazon I still can't pull the damn trigger. I Look and see Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition and it having all the DLC on a separate disc and I rather have that or at least hope that's how they do it.[/QUOTE]

Same. I really only want the cerberus network code though since this is the cheapest way to get it.

[quote name='Disneyboy']Back in stock![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. I've been waiting for them to restock. :)

Any word of a ME2 "Platinum Hits" 360 release with all the DLC attached with it like they did for the first? $30worth of DLC easily bumps this purchase up out of "deal" territory.

[quote name='rywateska']Any word of a ME2 "Platinum Hits" 360 release with all the DLC attached with it like they did for the first? $30worth of DLC easily bumps this purchase up out of "deal" territory.[/QUOTE]

You missed the Holyday sale where the 3 big DLC went for 200 points each, making it cheaper than any PH version that may or not happen if you got ME2 at this price, plus you would have it now instead of waiting and on a standard box [bonus for OCD case collectors].

[quote name='Disneyboy']Back in stock![/QUOTE]
Thanks! Decided to pick it up after getting the DLC on Live during the sale.
[quote name='rywateska']Any word of a ME2 "Platinum Hits" 360 release with all the DLC attached with it like they did for the first? $30worth of DLC easily bumps this purchase up out of "deal" territory.[/QUOTE]
Doubtful. The Platinum Hits version of ME1 only included one Bring Down the Sky. Plus Platinum Hits with all the DLC for $30 is more of a title reserved for first party Microsoft games, which the second one isn't. Best you'll get is a GOTY edition for $60.

Any chance Amazon will price match this again? I've got some gift cards from there burning a hole in my pocket.....

It wouldn't be too surprising if a GOTY version came out eventually, given how common that is these days. But you're going to be waiting for it to come out until probably the middle of next year, and then if it retails for $60 right off the bat, you're going to be waiting even longer for sales or price drops. Bottom line IMO is, if you're interested in Mass Effect 2 and you have a chance to play it right now for a paltry $10, versus waiting who knows how many months for a hypothetical GOTY version... just get it!

Yeah if you are waiting for a GOTY, then youd have to atleast wait for the last DLC to come out. Id rather wait for the PS3 version to come down in price and try it out cause Id like to see how the ME3 engine is.

I grabbed the two DLCs for 200 pts each, and got my copy at BBV for about 7-8 bucks. Ill take that over a GOTY version .

[quote name='handsomepete']I wasn't a big fan of the conversation simulator that is Mass Effect - is there any hope I'll enjoy the sequel? This thing is getting so cheap that it's begging to be played.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. The first Mass Effect had some nice ideas, and an interesting conversation system, but the whole thing was oddly paced and too menu-laden.

HOWEVER, the sequel has streamlined the gameplay without dumbing it down. The pacing is perfect, the storylines are compelling, and the outcomes really do seem to hinge upon critical decisions.

Simply stated, Mass Effect 2 is one of the closest to a perfect game that I have played in the last 10 years. A steal at $60, can't miss at $20, and an absolute no-brainer at $11.

[quote name='dealmonkey']Any chance Amazon will price match this again? I've got some gift cards from there burning a hole in my pocket.....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']FFFFFFFFFFUUUUU OOS. Hope it comes back soon.[/QUOTE]
In this case, nope. Unless Wal Mart can hold down a steady amount for (I dare say) a few days, then Amazon would.

[quote name='Thrinn']Thanks for the update. I've been waiting for them to restock. :)[/QUOTE]

Ballz. Oh well, will keep tabs on this thread I guess.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It wouldn't be too surprising if a GOTY version came out eventually[/QUOTE]

One way of lookin at it would be, Platinum hits version of ME1 wasnt released till feb 09 ...
If you need more incentive to pick this up:
They just announced the other day that theres going to be two more DLC's to be released to hold us over befroe 3 comes out .

MSRP on the 3 DLC mission pay packs for Mass Effect 2 is $25. There are other weapon/costume packs but only 1 of them is really any good, and it's $2. Like others said, each mission pack was on sale for $2.50 each one day after Christmas last week.

Even if EA did a GotY edition for ME 2 they will charge $60 for it so if you don't care about the weapon/armor DLC you're looking at $25 (you could even buy the codes at Gamestop if you don't want to deal with MS Points) for the 3 mission packs and $11 for Walmart.com to ship this game to your local Walmart store.

[quote name='MSUHitman'] Like others said, each mission pack was on sale for $2.50 each one day after Christmas last week.

[/QUOTE]

Boooo wish I had known ._.a I like the game, but I paid $11 for it. Can't justify paying $7 for a DLC XD

Had the hardest time trying to find the 1st one for a decent price too wth....

Never been a fan of Bioware's games. They're just not my cup of tea.

That said, I've heard way too much good stuff about Mass Effect not to *eventually* give these games a spin.

I'll be waiting however until EA releases the inevitable trilogy pack 1-2 years later. Something akin to the ultimate Mass Effect package -- or even the three PH versions in one sell.

That's how I got my GTA on my original Xbox. I like to play through games when a said trilogy is done rather than waiting for the next one to come out, especially when the first 1-2 games are GOTY level like this one is.

So this is a good deal but I'm perfectly fine waiting another 1-2 years.

[quote name='Disneyboy']It's in stock right now.[/QUOTE]

Yep, just picked one up. Free shipping site to store. In no rush since I just got ME1 a couple days ago. Thanks!

[quote name='Meehkaw']Had the hardest time trying to find the 1st one for a decent price too wth....[/QUOTE]

$20 new for the PH with the better of the 2 DLC's on the bonus disc along with all the digital extras from the insanely hard to find CE isn't a good enough deal?! Heck you might even find a Gamestop with the PH version used for $17.

Someone else earlier in the thread when it was made last month had a similar sentiment and I just can't understand it.

Awesome, I've been checking everyday for a week for this to come back in stock. Glad I waited instead of burning gift card money at BB.

Thanks just bought this. I need to play all the dlc I bought recently. Wished I could have picked it up, but there are no Walmarts around me.

Bought my copy earlier. Already bought the DLC for cheap over the holidays, so I think this will be the next title I play, backlog be damned!

[quote name='lllGurulll']If this game is so great, why does it drop in price so quickly. I have never understood this.[/QUOTE]

Two letters...

E. A.

Can anyone name an EA game that has stayed full price for less than a year?

[quote name='blk00civicsi']

Can anyone name an EA game that has stayed full price for less than a year?[/QUOTE]
Unless I'm reading it wrong, shouldn't it be "More than a year?"

And didn't Rock Band 2 stay at $60 for awhile?

[quote name='bardockkun']Doubtful. The Platinum Hits version of ME1 only included one Bring Down the Sky. Plus Platinum Hits with all the DLC for $30 is more of a title reserved for first party Microsoft games, which the second one isn't. Best you'll get is a GOTY edition for $60.[/QUOTE]

You do know the reason Pinnacle Station wasn't included was because it didn't exist, right?

Platinum Hits release: February 20th, 2009 (source)
Pinnacle Station release: August 25th, 2009 (source)

If there's another Platinum Hits release, I don't think it's fair to assume they'll leave DLC off unless we're talking about the "bridging the gap" between ME2 and ME3 content that comes out later this year, which may be another case of "didn't exist when disc was pressed."

It's also worth noting that the Platinum Hits version of the first title was a really nice package - the second disc had documentaries, production art, the soundtrack, and a very pretty exclusive Normandy premium dashboard theme.

For ~$10, I'd absolutely pick up the game - it's one of the best RPGs I've played - but I wouldn't fault you for waiting either.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Even if EA did a GotY edition for ME 2 they will charge $60 for it[/QUOTE]

Again, based on what? The IGN link I had for the Platinum Hits source has the price listed at $40. EA isn't in the habit of rereleasing their older titles at full price, especially when most places have had ME2 for $40 or less for months. A rerelease won't be $20 initially, but it's not going to be full price either.

bread's done
Back