Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

Operation: FIRESTORM (Feb 1st-3rd)

Event Description: The Reapers have changed their tactics in an effort to prevent us from whittling them down. As they conquer rural areas, their fighting groups are fewer but larger, making them more difficult to assail. Accordingly, we are hitting them in the cities to deliver as much damage as possible before evacuation.

Squad Goal: Earn the “Killstreak 3” squad medal. (As a squad, kill 5 enemies together 3 separate times.)

Reward: Commendation Pack

I'll be nuking spawns tonight if anyone wants to play

[quote name='theredworm']I'll be nuking spawns tonight if anyone wants to play[/QUOTE]
Me, Simosaurus and Solomsr were gonna get online tonight for the operation. So we're in. In fact, we were talking about regularly scheduled nights for everyone to get together for some ME3 MP. Friday night is a given fir the operation and we were also thinking Tuesday nights. We play a lot with some people from 2O2P. Good folks to chat with and most are darn good players as well.

I'll try to get back on with you guys. Most fun I've had in the game has been playing with the dudes in this thread. Might have to wait until I clear out Ni No Kuni and Dead Space 3 though.

In other news, my Tali and Femshep play arts figs have shipped. Garrus will finally have some company!

[quote name='Arikado']Wow, this has the potential to be really cool if it's done well.[/QUOTE]
I've been reading some more analysis and there are people who think the co-op claim is overblown or misinterpreted. But apparently the guy doing the datamining has been accurate with previous predictions. So I guess we'll see.

It's a great deal! The evolution series is essential reading and the Homeworlds series ( - minus the horrid Vega issue) is great if you want insight into what was happening with major characters just before we meet up with them on screen. Great stuff. + Blasto. Nuff said.

Lol well since $0.99 picked em all up and it's like you know you can save getting the bundle Evolution #1-4 for $5.99. Um do you math? $15 out the wallet. Nah I didn't get Blasto, the main funny part that worked with that was the audio imo.

Robin Sachs, voice actor of Zaeed, has passed away. :cry: From his official site:

This is a post we never thought we would have to write…

It is with great sadness that we have to announce the sudden and unexpected passing of Robin Sachs.

Please join us in raising a glass to Robin – goodbye, dear friend. Thank you for all the laughter and the cookies. We will miss you so very much.

Di, Sharon and everyone at robinsachs.com

[quote name='Arikado']Robin Sachs, voice actor of Zaeed, has passed away. :cry: From his official site:[/QUOTE]
What a shame. I had no idea he was Ethan Rayne from Buffy and the villain in Galaxy Quest. What an outstanding performance as Zaeed.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']What a shame. I had no idea he was Ethan Rayne from Buffy and the villain in Galaxy Quest. What an outstanding performance as Zaeed.[/QUOTE]

He was also apparently everyone in DA:O.

If it was today, it appears he died on his birthday too :( 62 is too young.

Sad news. Looking at his IMDB page, I noticed he played Dr. Shepard in the movie "Ravager". Ravagers are, of course, a Reaper enemy. Meaning Zaeed was a figment of Shepard's imagination and tool of the Reapers! This explains everything!

Yeah, sad news. Zaeed is my go-to guy in ME2 right now, so he'll live on in the Milky Way galaxy in our playthroughs. Sad news, but I'm glad a larger community gets to pay respect and remember his work. R.I.P.

I always liked Zaeed, but he vaulted up to one of my favorite characters in the trilogy when I brought him along with my Adept for every mission in ME2. Even though you don't get the dialogue wheel with him on the ship, you get a great feel for the character out in the field. Hell, I liked the DLC humans (Zaeed and Kasumi) more than any other human squadmate in the trilogy.

Also, this:
58704E7117CCC84BEDE751F0ACC734CEFFFA72E5

"Death is just another path... One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass... And then you see it."

"White shores... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

RIP Robin Sachs

[quote name='simosaurus']There's an article on Kotaku with some fan designs of new ME characters. Some of these are just awesome and I hope BW takes notice.

http://kotaku.com/mass-effect/[/QUOTE]
Some interesting ideas. One of them looked like a Star Ocean/ME crossover. And several Jack redesigns for some reason.

[quote name='simosaurus']There's an article on Kotaku with some fan designs of new ME characters. Some of these are just awesome and I hope BW takes notice.

http://kotaku.com/mass-effect/[/QUOTE]

Wow super anime, eeeeee do not want. They don't really fit the universe and just adding N7 to something... ah well a few are cool ideas though.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Wow super anime, eeeeee do not want. They don't really fit the universe and just adding N7 to something... ah well a few are cool ideas though.[/QUOTE]

Okay, the Jack redesigns and anime ones are meh, but I thought some of the soldiers and drell were great. And I loved that goofy looking volus.

Yea, pretty cool designs in there. Some of the goofier ones I thought were kind of neat (undiscovered races).

I have to agree that too many slapped "N7" on their designs simply because they thought it "looked cool". Too many Jack redesigns too. Jack was not a well-liked character in ME2 (WAY too stereotypical and stupid angst) and only got better in ME3.

On the other hand, the Varro Krios one was especially neat for it's backstory:

"the grandson of Thane and the first non-human to join the N7 program."

That's pretty cool. As for the anime drell design? I have no doubt it was meant to be a Yeoman.

[quote name='theredworm']
MEMstrF.png

femshop best of the best banner coming soon!!

I'll have to use this one for a bit to change things up.[/QUOTE]

How do you get this?! Man I need to play the MP of this again.

[quote name='MSUHitman']How do you get this?! Man I need to play the MP of this again.[/QUOTE]

Best of the best banner for completing all challenges. It's a crazy grind but I get a lot of reactions in lobby for it.

[quote name='shrike4242']So, what shall we start taking bets on for the new DLC?

More backstory like From Ashes or Leviathan?
More side story like Omega?
Some of both?[/QUOTE]

About all we know is that it's called "Citadel" or at least seems focused on the Citadel. My guess is it will uncover some mysteries of the Citadel's original construction and purpose-- but of course not enough that the events at the end of the game would no longer be a surprise for Shepard. I don't know, Omega was an obvious tangent for a DLC, but no "unfinished business" relating to the Citadel springs to mind. Maybe something that will touch on the Armistan Banes mystery from the first game?

There's also the possibility that this will be the last piece of campaign DLC for Mass Effect 3. If that's true, and I don't know if there's much evidence one way or the other, then it's much more likely to be a "grand farewell" that has a lot of relevance for the main story and characters than a standalone side story like Omega.

Hoping it's more side story since I decided to sell my copy off after Omega--as after that I didn't figued I'd want to shell out for anymore DLC.

I'd lean toward it being that. Hard to do much more with the main story. At most it will flesh out some more backstory of the Citadel, but as Ryu notes it can be anything major that spoils the ending for people who play for the first time and do the DLC before beating the game.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']About all we know is that it's called "Citadel" or at least seems focused on the Citadel. My guess is it will uncover some mysteries of the Citadel's original construction and purpose-- but of course not enough that the events at the end of the game would no longer be a surprise for Shepard. I don't know, Omega was an obvious tangent for a DLC, but no "unfinished business" relating to the Citadel springs to mind. Maybe something that will touch on the Armistan Banes mystery from the first game?

There's also the possibility that this will be the last piece of campaign DLC for Mass Effect 3. If that's true, and I don't know if there's much evidence one way or the other, then it's much more likely to be a "grand farewell" that has a lot of relevance for the main story and characters than a standalone side story like Omega.[/QUOTE]Would be nice if did cover Armistan Banes, as it does appear that it might be an interesting lead-in for some side story:

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Armistan_Banes

If it is the last piece of campaign DLC, they do need to do some big send off to wrap up some loose ends and tie things up neatly.

That is assuming we don't have Mass Effect 4: The Retcon.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Hoping it's more side story since I decided to sell my copy off after Omega--as after that I didn't figued I'd want to shell out for anymore DLC.

I'd lean toward it being that. Hard to do much more with the main story. At most it will flesh out some more backstory of the Citadel, but as Ryu notes it can be anything major that spoils the ending for people who play for the first time and do the DLC before beating the game.[/QUOTE]I'm sure you could rent/borrow it somewhere along the way if you did want to go through that DLC at some point in the future.

Honestly my theory on Armistan Banes is that the writers were leaving possibilities open for the identity of the Shadow Broker. Obviously in ME2 they decided to go a different direction with it. But the thread is still hanging if they want to do something else with it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Honestly my theory on Armistan Banes is that the writers were leaving possibilities open for the identity of the Shadow Broker. Obviously in ME2 they decided to go a different direction with it. But the thread is still hanging if they want to do something else with it.[/QUOTE]Hopefully they'll tie up that loose end and not make a few more in the process.

Huh, I totally forgot about that Banes stuff, but yeah, that would be interesting and wouldn't really tinker with any major story elements yet still provide something intriguing to explore.

Then again, I would prefer that it turns out to be something very story-relevant and important. Maybe something with the Keepers? I'm honestly stumped what they could do with the Citadel at this point. This DLC is a major blind spot for me.

But, I'll be there day one with MS points in hand! ;)

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Maybe something with the Keepers?[/QUOTE]

The citadel gets hit throughout the series, and Keepers always just Keep on Keepin' on. I found it absolutely hilarious when you get on the
citadel at the end of ME3, you're surrounded by piles of dead bodies but once again, there's the Keepers, just plugging away as normal.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']I found it absolutely hilarious when you get on the
citadel at the end of ME3, you're surrounded by piles of dead bodies but once again, there's the Keepers, just plugging away as normal.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I found that moment pretty creepy but also oddly funny in a way. I wonder if that was the intent.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']The citadel gets hit throughout the series, and Keepers always just Keep on Keepin' on. I found it absolutely hilarious when you get on the
[/QUOTE]

FouI0b6.jpg

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']The citadel gets hit throughout the series, and Keepers always just Keep on Keepin' on. I found it absolutely hilarious when you get on the
[/QUOTE]

I remember being frustrated because all I wanted to do was put a cap in that keepers head. That part really creeped me out. It was very macabre for a ME game, I thought.

That being said, I'd love it if this DLC is a keeper hunting simulator mini game, kinda like a mix of Pinnacle Station and Big Game Hunter.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I remember being frustrated because all I wanted to do was put a cap in that keepers head.[/QUOTE]

I feel you friend, I feel you.

If Dark Horse made that PoS, I'd advise you to stay as FAR away from it as humanly possible. None of their pieces for Mass Effect have been worth the price tag and at this point, they only care about collecting as much money from suckers as possible. Unless you're blinded by your love of all things Mass Effect (looking at you, Chubbs :p), don't even consider it for a second.

And, since those images are promotional and should present the piece in the best light possible, they don't do a very good job of hiding the semi-shoddy paint application. Major pass.

[quote name='dualedge2']If Dark Horse made that PoS, I'd advise you to stay as FAR away from it as humanly possible. None of their pieces for Mass Effect have been worth the price tag and at this point, they only care about collecting as much money from suckers as possible. Unless you're blinded by your love of all things Mass Effect (looking at you, Chubbs :p), don't even consider it for a second.[/QUOTE]

Heh, you got a genuine LOL from me, Edge. Yeah, I am a certifiable ME Merch whore, 'tis true. I will defend my mini SR2, though. Even though most went out broken or with shoddy paint jobs, mine looks pretty darn good. It was worth the $28 I spent on it via amazon. $300 is too much for me. I'd rather spend $100 and get the Mordin + Garrus busts. But I'm even too cheap to do that right now.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Heh, you got a genuine LOL from me, Edge. Yeah, I am a certifiable ME Merch whore, 'tis true. I will defend my mini SR2, though. Even though most went out broken or with shoddy paint jobs, mine looks pretty darn good. It was worth the $28 I spent on it via amazon. $300 is too much for me. I'd rather spend $100 and get the Mordin + Garrus busts. But I'm even too cheap to do that right now.[/QUOTE]So, your residence doesn't look like the ME section of the Bioware store? :lol:

bread's done
Back