Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

MP is a lot of fun, but I really see it getting stale. Definitely not a sole reason to buy ME3, at least. I would be surprised if it was anything but some sort of Horde mode (in the full release), but I'd like to be proved wrong.

Oh, and some devs made it sound like "new features" would be unlocked over time, in the demo, but I have no idea what. Just some things I had come across while hunting an early access demo code. I believe it was on their official twitter.

Potentially takes a LOT (1,000,000+) of credits to unlock everything. I've gotten two 'gold', and two 'white' weapons so far, and several customization options for various classes. I also saw a Turian Sentinel, and a Drell Vanguard though. Badass. Drell get some fancy melee and dodge moves.

Perfect timing.
My 7 months of free LIVE ran out this morning and now the ME3 free LIVE kicked in.

Someone playing as a Drell Vanguard this morning was zipping all over the place with Charge and killing soldiers.
Looked like they even one hit killed a YMIR Mech (unsure).

Will definitely be checking out the MP portion of the demo, seems like a good addition to the series. No SP for me though, gonna keep that experience fresh for March 6th.

[quote name='KrizB']Perfect timing.
My 7 months of free LIVE ran out this morning and now the ME3 free LIVE kicked in.

Someone playing as a Drell Vanguard this morning was zipping all over the place with Charge and killing soldiers.
Looked like they even one hit killed a YMIR Mech (unsure).[/QUOTE]

One of the mid-mission abilities you can use is a missile launcher that will do significant damage to an Atlas, if not outright kill it (gained via the Recruit/Veteran packages). Possibly related...

Yeah, Vanguards are awesome.

[quote name='SuperMario64']Ok I downloaded the demo and says I can't access multiplayer..

what am I doing wrong?[/QUOTE]

Only open to people with BF3 online pass until the 17th.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Only open to people with BF3 online pass until the 17th.[/QUOTE]
Or you can get early access by recruiting someone or being recruited in the Facebook app.

[quote name='IanKazimer']I got the artbook today. It's taking every ounce of my self-control to not flip through the ME3 section.[/QUOTE]
In case anyone just wants to know what the artbook spoils, without knowing the spoilers themselves, I will tell you:
* Two squadmates that have not been revealed so far
* A strong hint (but not strict confirmation) of the identity of the final boss

I actually got home way earlier than originally planned, so it looks like I'll be playing ME3 for about the next 10 hours or so on/off. I'll look for some of you guys to be playing tonight.

Does the free gold only activate after the game release 3/6, or is it on the 17th? If it is the 17th, I may try and play with some guys on here.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Does the free gold only activate after the game release 3/6, or is it on the 17th? If it is the 17th, I may try and play with some guys on here.[/QUOTE]

The free Gold probably only activates when you're able to play ME3 online. If you don't have a BF3 VIP pass, or if you haven't been "recruited" via Facebook, then you can't play Multiplayer (until Friday). I think the 'Free Gold' is more like 'This demo doesn't require Gold to play online.'

The MP portion of the demo will end on March 6th, when the game comes out.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I actually got home way earlier than originally planned, so it looks like I'll be playing ME3 for about the next 10 hours or so on/off. I'll look for some of you guys to be playing tonight.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try to be on in a couple hours. I'll see if you're still on when I get there, X.

I'm home now and the Facebook app worked like a charm. I'm doing the single player demo right now since it attaches to the Facebook game and eating dinner. Once my focus comes back completely I'll be on MP. X, Shrike, ChubbyNinja....give me a holler.

[quote name='100xp']geeze...im basically playing solo games every time, as soon as ppl see low lvl ppl they drop out.[/QUOTE]

Let's start some groups if we can. I'm on XBL and character name Stabby Pete. Where's X at? Power Leveling?

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Let's start some groups if we can. I'm on XBL and character name Stabby Pete. Where's X at? Power Leveling?[/QUOTE]

I'm also up for playing with people. I'm ending up two-manning several of these games. Kind of stupid you have to start your own game, just to play with friends (or hope you get into games with open slots). Often people sit there after I join, and eventually leave, inside the lobby. Kinda odd.

I'll be playing a bit tonight, probably at least for the next hour. Have a level 13 Sentinel and 14ish Infiltrator.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Let's start some groups if we can. I'm on XBL and character name Stabby Pete. Where's X at? Power Leveling?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rhett']I'm also up for playing with people. I'm ending up two-manning several of these games. Kind of stupid you have to start your own game, just to play with friends (or hope you get into games with open slots). Often people sit there after I join, and eventually leave, inside the lobby. Kinda odd.

I'll be playing a bit tonight, probably at least for the next hour. Have a level 13 Sentinel and 14ish Infiltrator.[/QUOTE]
Sending you two guys and Ryuu party invites now. Let's play!

Well that was pretty fun. Thanks to all the guys who came out tonight, and sorry that we didn't have enough open spots for everyone! We'll definitely be more coordinated next time.

Bad time to find that one's headset is dead and needs to be charged. :wall:

Also, fired out a number of FRs to people. Hopefully, we'll loop up another day.

sweet deal, was such a better experience playing with 3 other coordinated ppl.

ironically after everyone bailed I played 2 more matches and bought some recruit packs. finally got a scope for the assault rifle...now it's like an M-16 and a lot more accurate. Got a butt for it as well, a lot less recoil. I'm almost tempted to invest in melee damage, you can build a soldier like the Hvy from TF2 w/those special boxing gloves that auto crit after you kill something.

for those that didn't know. (because I sure as hell didn't until we all played) Recruit packs from FB are ingame purchases, that give you comsumable ammo, buffs, medi gel etc. Consumables lasting 1 wave...the upgrades like scopes and extended clips you outfit your guns w/and those seem to be permanant until you find a better verison of it. i.e. Mark I, Mark II, Mark III etc. Recruit packs and veteran packs are like Magic Booster packs, you get a bunch of stuff and a chance % to get something uncommon or better. (Veteran being guarenteed to get at least an uncommon item)

I'm wondering if the preoder bonuses aren't really exclusive but just early unlocks that could eventually be unlocked after buying recruit or vet packs.

I'm sure when I go back to Gears, I'll be like...wha?

Really glad to see all the positive user reviews for the MP... I thought it could be done, the universe just begs for it, but I didn't think it could be done in the series proper. (I thought we would see a spin off. Still do.)

Anyhow, eagerly waiting the 17th... It really cannot come fast enough. :)

did EA say we get to keep any progress for playing/advancing in the demo or get some tech?

I'd even settle for a few veteran packs at the start.

Man, I've bought 6 veteran packs as well as a few recruit packs on top of that and haven't unlocked any new characters at all. How annoying.

That said, I'd love to play with you guys if anyone ends up putting another group together this weekend.

[quote name='100xp']I'm sure when I go back to Gears, I'll be like...wha?[/QUOTE]
Yeah... I kept trying to spot enemies and bring up the Tac-Com...

Anyone figured out a way to remap powers in multiplayer? I really wanted Incinerate on RB but the game mapped it to LB.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah... I kept trying to spot enemies and bring up the Tac-Com...

Anyone figured out a way to remap powers in multiplayer? I really wanted Incinerate on RB but the game mapped it to LB.[/QUOTE]

didn't see a way to remap buttons in mutliplayer, it might be available in the full version though.

played with a mid lvl vanguard, he systamically stole virtually every frag and wiped out wave after wave with the charge/shotty combo. it was almost annoying except for the fact he carried the team for 2 sessions before he went idle in the lobby.

...you thought grenades were op?

fun stuff. it's nice to see the pov from another class/player. give me an idea on what the class is capable of.

i got all but the lighting unlock for Soldier (Appearance), now my armor looks so much more stylish.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Speaking of Vanguards, here's a little bit of gameplay from yesterday afternoon featuring me with a group of three other guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ntddsTAsVA[/QUOTE]
Nice boxing match with that Nemesis. :) My main single-player character is a Vanguard but I'm trying to decide whether to change him up to an Engineer for ME3. If I leave him as Vanguard I'll probably do my first playthrough on Normal instead of Hardcore because I'm kind of crap with that class.

Nice vids X. I might have to give the Vanguard class a try. I am really enjoying the MP so far and I like the card aspect(random unlocks) of the game also. It's very addicting!

It's weird so many people are having an issue getting new races when my free pack at the start came with a Turian Sentinel and an xp boost to lvl 3 for that class.

I've never played an ME game before this demo, and I am loving the multiplayer (exactly what EA wants to hear!) -- if anyone wants to play sometime, I'm usually on at night (10 PM Central or later) -- shoot me a FR, let's play!

Gamertag: III HydroX III

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's weird so many people are having an issue getting new races when my free pack at the start came with a Turian Sentinel and an xp boost to lvl 3 for that class.[/QUOTE]

it's all chance.

my free pack had the turian as well + starting at lvl 3...but I think if you get the same unlock it just gives you bonus XP instead. I got Tali last night, but no desire to play an engineer atm since I did so in ME2. I want the turian soldier.

I'm finding the most success as an Engineer. The Drone has saved my ass so many times, I was thinking about starting a buddy cop movie with it.

dont get me wrong, i love the engineer. the drone rocks but the Tali enginner unlock has a stationary sentry...effective as that is, I'm enjoying the heck out of being a soldier.

I missed out on the MP that was going on last night, though did get the SP playthrough as a Vanguard on normal difficulty. Some comments:

* The music, as Arikado posted about earlier, is stunningly good. Best music so far from any of the ME games, and gives me hope that we'll getting lots of it throughout the game.
* The facial animations seemed less refined than what I remember in ME2, so I'm hoping that it's just for the demo and trying to get that all into a 1.7GB download. Running animations also seemed a little odd, though not badly.
* I like the new upgrade paths for abilities and biotics that we have with ME3, as it's nice to have six levels of it with the top three levels being two options per level. Should give you lots of replay possibilities with the different leveling-up options. It'll be even better if we can re-spec them like we could in ME2 on the Normandy with the addition of eezo.
* Vanguard with Charge and Nova will be a bad-ass combination, especially at higher levels.
* It was nice to see the return of some of the old weapon favorites of the Eviscerator and the Mattock.
* The intro mission was a nice hand-hold into ME3 for those that never played it before, like we had on ME2.
* Second mission was a nice one to give some chance to run through more tactics, squadmate use (nice to see old friends) and biotics use.
* Long-haired Ashley will take some getting used to from her old short-haired self in ME1.

Pretty good demo and certainly whet my appetite for March 6th.

[quote name='100xp']dont get me wrong, i love the engineer. the drone rocks but the Tali enginner unlock has a stationary sentry...effective as that is, I'm enjoying the heck out of being a soldier.[/QUOTE]

Whaaaaaaaa! I hope I unlock that soon. Sounds like a boss.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Is it just me, or are the controls a little sloppy?[/QUOTE]

it takes some getting used to but after a bit of playing it seemed fine, if you compare it to gears it's a bit sloppy or unrefined. it's also possible the demo might not be as tight as the final version...one can hope at least.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Is it just me, or are the controls a little sloppy?[/QUOTE]I wasn't paying attention to the controls first time through, though I will on future playthroughs.

I know my aim was a little off, though it may just be me being rusty.

[quote name='HydroX']Whaaaaaaaa! I hope I unlock that soon. Sounds like a boss.[/QUOTE]

haha...you basically look exactly like Tali by default, unless of course you change up her colors.

I was hoping the stationary sentry would look more like the cerberus one from campaign or their combat engineer but I looks more like a proximity mine floating in the air. maybe it gets more hooped out when you upgrade it into the upper tiers?

bread's done
Back