Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']It's looking like we actually have option to not wear the helmets on some of the armors this time? some of them (like inferno and such) were too bulky/stupid looking in ME2 and I wanted to have option to use cool armors without the helmets, so that's cool to see.[/quote]

Pretty sure nothing carries over... Sort of hope so too now. I've yet to even try the MP side out as I got caught up in other things.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Pretty sure nothing carries over... Sort of hope so too now. I've yet to even try the MP side out as I got caught up in other things.[/QUOTE]

I thought I read something carries over if you reach level 20, maybe I read wrong though.

Just finished a Silver run with a group of disorganized coworkers. Sigh. If not for me being Asari Adept w/ Stasis Bubble, we would have been so screwed in several occasions.

[quote name='Anexanhume']From the comments: "Sorry to dissapoint you, but it's a Preview. That's what the Word "Vorschau" stands for. And that's the reason why there is no review-score."[/QUOTE]
Interesting then that it mentions things like the game's length, how many cutscenes there are, and the presence of an additional scene after the end credits? Call it a review or preview, unless the translation is just completely made up, it's clearly describing a full-game playthrough.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Interesting then that it mentions things like the game's length, how many cutscenes there are, and the presence of an additional scene after the end credits? Call it a review or preview, unless the translation is just completely made up, it's clearly describing a full-game playthrough.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I think it's a cursory overview probably to get all of the initial traffic. They're still working on the actual review but wanted to bring up the salient points for discussion as soon as they could.

I'm interested in trying a Gold run with some CAGs either tonight or tomorrow. Anyone game? I'd likely be running Asari Adept w/ Stasis Bubble & Throw.

I probably need to get some HP upgrade since I'm heavily invested in my powers at the moment, but I'm willing to try since my unorganized coworkers and I aced a Silver run late last night without any real issues.

[quote name='HydroX']I'm interested in trying a Gold run with some CAGs either tonight or tomorrow. Anyone game? I'd likely be running Asari Adept w/ Stasis Bubble & Throw.

I probably need to get some HP upgrade since I'm heavily invested in my powers at the moment, but I'm willing to try since my unorganized coworkers and I aced a Silver run late last night without any real issues.[/QUOTE]

I would for sure but I don't have access to my 360 until next week. Good luck though, remember Phantoms start coming at wave 4!

[quote name='gotdott']I would for sure but I don't have access to my 360 until next week. Good luck though, remember Phantoms start coming at wave 4![/QUOTE]

stasis bubble, headshot. reload.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Interesting then that it mentions things like the game's length, how many cutscenes there are, and the presence of an additional scene after the end credits? Call it a review or preview, unless the translation is just completely made up, it's clearly describing a full-game playthrough.[/QUOTE]I'd look for the original article, toss it into Google Translate and see what comes up.

Should be amusing in either case.

[quote name='Anexanhume']That works fine for 1 phantom ;)[/QUOTE]

i've trapped more than 1 phantom in a stasis bubble before...and if they come out from multiple locations.

...that's what my 3 other teammates are for. ;)

[quote name='100xp']i've trapped more than 1 phantom in a stasis bubble before...and if they come out from multiple locations.

...that's what my 3 other teammates are for. ;)[/QUOTE]

inferno grenade, carnage, bitch slap works great with my Krogan. any cags that wanna friend me i am down for trying whatever, i been playing bronze only as i dont have enough on for silvers or better and they always turn into pooch screws and drop outs with randoms. Hell, most of the time on bronze I end up carrying a team with almost double the score.

One was great they were making fun of my (had my mic unplugged with baby awake) pistol only approach. After they all 3 went down from a single turret on wave ten, one dropped out, the other two watched as i took apart the rest of the wave myself and the atlas. The only thing said after that was.. Holy Shit.

Some of my impressions:

Drell Vanguard has a really pathetic barrier (300ish). It's fun to play on bronze where you can just charge everyone and spam cluster grenades everywhere and be #1 on score easily but you get raped on silver and gold.

Stasis makes Phantoms a joke, they can't even get close to you.

For the purposes of the demo, the best classes right now seem to be Human Vanguards, Infiltrators, and Asari Adepts.

A fully upgraded Claymore will probably be able to one shot everything except an Atlas or Phantom on Gold. And you don't even need to get up close, it's even good at mid range.

Carnifex will headshot kill normal humans on bronze :)

I've been able to solo bronze with some classes, do silver without much trouble with a competent group, and got to wave 6 on gold with an ok random group.

If anyone wants to do regular silver runs or give gold a serious try, add me gamertag Tony20811

Got in an open room and a guy glitched out of the map causing everyone's shields to recharge crazy fast. Was weird we were all pretty much unkillable.

my favorite glitch so far was a Guardian that REGENERATED shields when we shot him after he got knocked down and stuck in the floor without his shield., not allowing us to finish.

I am wanting to fight some reapers now.

[quote name='Tony208']Some of my impressions:

Drell Vanguard has a really pathetic barrier (300ish). It's fun to play on bronze where you can just charge everyone and spam cluster grenades everywhere and be #1 on score easily but you get raped on silver and gold.[/quote]

Spam? You get max 3 after the upgrade.

For the purposes of the demo, the best classes right now seem to be Human Vanguards, Infiltrators, and Asari Adepts.

A krogan soldier isn't half bad either. High melee with quick carnage recharge does fairly well.

[quote name='matto1233']Looks like they may have finally gotten mining to be as un-annoying as possible. Thank god.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm quite encouraged by the video I saw. Looks like it encourages exploration without making it monotonous and forcing you to pay attention or suffer the consequences.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Apparently the penalty for touching one of those map-roaming Reapers is instant game over.[/QUOTE]

wow. It should be like, lose a squad mate, or something.

[quote name='100xp']stasis bubble, headshot. reload.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='100xp']i've trapped more than 1 phantom in a stasis bubble before...and if they come out from multiple locations.

...that's what my 3 other teammates are for. ;)[/QUOTE]

it's not all about the phantoms because when there are nemesis sniping at you and atlases coming around the corridor your concentration wavers sometimes. and there's always that engineer that sneaks into the middle of the group and puts down a turret. not all the phantoms will charge at you on gold, they will split up, snipe at you while others flank you. they don't all go down with one shot to the head either, if you have anything lower than a widow II. SO MUCH trust is required and i doubt that i will ever try it with a group of randoms. after you go gold, everything else just seems so much less epic haha

[quote name='Anexanhume']Spam? You get max 3 after the upgrade.

A krogan soldier isn't half bad either. High melee with quick carnage recharge does fairly well.[/QUOTE]

you go pick up more :roll: there's a lot of ammo drops in the levels

krogan soldier is good for bronze/silver but I don't know about gold :cold:

[quote name='Tony208']you go pick up more :roll: there's a lot of ammo drops in the levels

krogan soldier is good for bronze/silver but I don't know about gold :cold:[/QUOTE]

Krogan soldiers hold up fairly well in gold as long as you resist the urge to headbutt everything in sight ;)

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Must finish Assassins....this MP is so addictive. I'm ready to play silver, random groups just aren't working out.[/QUOTE]

I'm game for some silver or gold tonight. I already added you on XBL, so just let me know!

[quote name='gotdott']it's not all about the phantoms because when there are nemesis sniping at you and atlases coming around the corridor your concentration wavers sometimes. and there's always that engineer that sneaks into the middle of the group and puts down a turret. not all the phantoms will charge at you on gold, they will split up, snipe at you while others flank you. they don't all go down with one shot to the head either, if you have anything lower than a widow II. SO MUCH trust is required and i doubt that i will ever try it with a group of randoms. after you go gold, everything else just seems so much less epic haha[/QUOTE]

basically we agree that our tactics and strategic observations will always be or never be prepared enough for gold level challenge. at least we both want to slap cerberus hard. cheers mate :)

yeah i have found that being the charge in Krogan gets you dead fast with teh horrible hit detection of melee... wqhich i hope changes in release... nothing more annoying or unrealistic than a full on charge that swipes through them or fails to hit them as they fall because it seems to not be possible to aim down.

all in all i can see several classes excelling in MP, i really think the pistol/powers combo is going to be the most efficient, but i still wanna try a wide variety and see how well they bounce off others for support. Finally unlocked another race in the Quarian engineer and am now in the market for a Claymore which i have only seen once.

ill be loggin in for a few rounds of whatever if anyone wants to add me up.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Apparently the penalty for touching one of those map-roaming Reapers is instant game over.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't really make sense. So you go back to the auto save the game did right after you went into exploration mode?

I don't know about you guys, but I've been trying to stay in the dark about this game as much as possible, so I don't get anything ruined for me. Can't decide if I should preorder with Amazon or just run to Best Buy Tuesday morning.

anyone want to do some me3 demo multiplayer today send me a friend inv, got asari adept yesterday finally and loving it, only other char I've unlocked is drell vangaurd

[quote name='shrike4242']As is this thread as people run around trying to find them right before release date:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315175[/QUOTE]

Not trying to call anyone out, but it always kind of amazes me that people are scrambling around right before/on/after the release date trying to get CEs, when it's been available for preorder for months.

I mean, it doesn't surprise me that some people who don't follow games super closely would just be unaware of the release until after the fact, and would need to hit eBay for a CE. But this is CAG! You'd think everyone who's into games enough to be a member at a site like this would be well aware that they could preorder in advance.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Not trying to call anyone out, but it always kind of amazes me that people are scrambling around right before/on/after the release date trying to get CEs, when it's been available for preorder for months.

I mean, it doesn't surprise me that some people who don't follow games super closely would just be unaware of the release until after the fact, and would need to hit eBay for a CE. But this is CAG! You'd think everyone who's into games enough to be a member at a site like this would be well aware that they could preorder in advance.[/QUOTE]You can nail down a pre-order at Amazon and never have to worry about it until right before release, when you'd have to pay for it. You'd be covered just in case you don't find a better deal beforehand.

Anyone who frequents this site even just a little should know the drill by now.

As I commented about in said thread:
[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Vinny']I'd say zero to none pre-release. Post-release, however, there's a very slim chance. Whenever a CE sells out, Amazon almost always puts it back up for a very short period because of returns.[/QUOTE]There's also usually some that comes back into the order availability because people forget to update their credit card information or some other stupid move that prevents the order from being processed.

I doubt you will see any more from now until release date save the occasional pre-order cancellation, though they're likely to be non-existent at this point.

Maybe in the first 30 days after release, with returns, though beyond that, it should depend if EA allows any more stock to hit the channel besides pre-orders. After 30 days post-release, I'd say that it's likely to be gone.

Everyone that was running around the last few weeks trying to secure a pre-order, good luck with that, though it's been months of time before now that could have a pre-order secured.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shrike4242']Anyone who frequents this site even just a little should know the drill by now.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I think I found a buyer for my extra copy of the CE. :) My brother finally tried ME2, and he's become an instant obsessed superfan. And it only took two years of me hammering on him! :lol:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Exactly.

I think I found a buyer for my extra copy of the CE. :) My brother finally tried ME2, and he's become an instant obsessed superfan. And it only took two years of me hammering on him! :lol:[/QUOTE]Good job on that one. ;)

If you have a GS that is run by a manager that follows the letter of the law, any unsold CE that was reserved is available for free sell starting on Friday morning, unless someone called and asked if it was held a little later for financial reasons.

[quote name='shrike4242']You can nail down a pre-order at Amazon and never have to worry about it until right before release, when you'd have to pay for it. You'd be covered just in case you don't find a better deal beforehand.

Anyone who frequents this site even just a little should know the drill by now.

As I commented about in said thread:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that. I forgot my amazon.com card expired at the first of the year. I just changed it to another card. Funny thing is I don't remember getting a new amazon card.

[quote name='shrike4242']A very bad-ass article (IMO) about why Mass Effect is the most important scifi universe of our generation (it's on io9.com, so if you dislike io9/Kotaku/Gawker/etc., this link isn't for you):

http://io9.com/5886178/why-mass-eff...nt-science-fiction-universe-of-our-generation

I thought it was a fascinating read, though it's spoilerific if you've gone through ME1 + ME2, and since it's in here, you obviously have. :D[/QUOTE]

So much butthurt in the comments :D

On a sidenote, anyone know about the review embargo for this game? Monday? Tuesday?

[quote name='Anexanhume']So much butthurt in the comments :D

On a sidenote, anyone know about the review embargo for this game? Monday? Tuesday?[/QUOTE]There's always some butthurt people making comments with broad-sweeping statements like in this article.

I think the review embargo is likely to be Tuesday, though we'll probably see some inking out later Monday evening. Since Europe gets it on the 9th, we won't see any advance reviews from there.

And in the, this is so mindblowing, it deserves a double post department, looks like finally come full circle with ME3 in the romance department:

http://kotaku.com/5888909/why-a-video-game-blockbuster-will-finally-allow-you-to-be-a-gay-man

[quote name='shrike4242']And in the, this is so mindblowing, it deserves a double post department, looks like finally come full circle with ME3 in the romance department:

http://kotaku.com/5888909/why-a-video-game-blockbuster-will-finally-allow-you-to-be-a-gay-man
[/QUOTE]

Wrex.
Shepard.
Wrex.
Shepard.
Wrex.
Wrex.
Wrex.
Shepard.

bread's done
Back