Mass Effect - Bring Down the Sky DLC 80MSP($1!); DLC for some games as low as 80msp

Donnums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I didn't see this posted yet so here you guys go:

Bring Down the Sky, 80MSP

Original price was 400 points

I'm not sure if this is some sort of error but download it while you can! It is possible that this is a permanent drop but I have no way of telling so far; DLC for other games seem to be discounted or possibly dropped too.

I also found that these games have discounted DLC. Most were originally 400 points.

PGR3 DLC - Style Pack and various cars

PGR4 Premium Challenge Pack - 80msp

Lost Odyssey Dungeon Pack - 80MSP

Thanks to CAG members for finding these:

Perfect Dark Zero Map Pack One - 160 points

Forza 2 - Map Packs at 80 points

Kameo Power Pack - 80msp down from 400(other DLC is also down to 80 from prices 200-400)

Blue Dragon Shuffle Dungeon(originally 400), 6 Treasures(originally 200) - 80msp each

Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus expansion pack - FREE(was 800pts)

Beautiful Katamari DLC Levels - 80pts each(originally 200 each)

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/g...fe-1000-9115-d802494707db/?of=3&bt=0&sb=1&p=1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doodofdoods']so that blue dragon dlc was more than 80 points before?[/QUOTE]

Yep. I think it started out at 800(the shuffle dungeon at least) then dropped to 400.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']LOL @ people jumping at the chance to pay money for something that should have been in the original game just because it is "discounted."[/QUOTE]
LOL @ you having a trading violation.

80 points = $1, a god damn chicken sandwhich at a value menu. And maybe it should have been in the game, but it isn't is it? So there's no other way to get it, so might as well get it for a chicken sandwhich.

Awesome. Snagged the Lost Odyssey Dungeon Pack, PGR 4 Premium Challenge Pack, Blue Dragon Shuffle Dungeon, and the Kameo Power Pack. All 80pts apiece. Thanks OP and all others!

Good find. I got the Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect, even though I don't own ME yet, I'll play it one day. :p Looked through DLC for my other games and didn't notice anything else at 80.

Good deal OP. I still play PGR3 so picked up the car packs for variety, plus Shuffle Dungeon Blue Dragon. Have had the ME dlc for a long time, but I did get caught out on the Lost Odyseey dlc which I only picked up a couple months ago. Win most, lose some is alright with me.

[quote name='doodofdoods']so that blue dragon dlc was more than 80 points before?[/QUOTE]
Someone already said that Shuffle Dungeon was 400 points, but the 6 items download was 200. It comes with the Nothing Glasses - very helpful if you want to 1000 this annoying game.

I don't own all these games, so I'm not sure, but the ME1 and PDZ ones make me wonder if perhaps the theme here is "things which are available on the Platinum Hits editions"?

[quote name='iammeiam']It looks like the Beautiful Katamari DLC levels have dropped to 80 MSP-- http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/g...fe-1000-9115-d8024e4d07dc/?of=0&bt=0&sb=1&p=2 --is this new, or an old drop? Ton of picture packs have dropped in price, too.[/QUOTE]

Those levels were always 80pts. It received a lot of controversy because they are almost required to complete the game(and fairly sure they were necessary to get one of the achievements).

Even at 80 pts I'm debating getting the ME1, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey downloads. I haven't even beat ME and won't for a while, BD the same and it seems it's a higher level dungeon...I don't know if I'd ever play them even at $1.

[quote name='Young Deezy']thanks. got the PSU Expansion pack. bit my teeth in it. i have cricket teeth[/QUOTE]

FYI the PSU expansion is going to be updated sometime next week with all new content and will require being re-downloaded.

Also, so is there any official announcements regarding this sale?

Damn. I knew Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon was going to be discounted at some time. I should've waited. However, free DLC via Phantasy Star Universe is awesome. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Donnums']Those levels were always 80pts. It received a lot of controversy because they are almost required to complete the game(and fairly sure they were necessary to get one of the achievements).[/QUOTE]

Not true - those levels used to be 200 points.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Not true - those levels used to be 200 points.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected, I just looked and they were indeed originally 200. I'll add to the OP

Edit: er, beaten while I was writing this, nevermind.

[quote name='Donnums']Those levels were always 80pts. It received a lot of controversy because they are almost required to complete the game(and fairly sure they were necessary to get one of the achievements).[/QUOTE]

I remember the controversy, but the levels actually started at 200 MSP each, so the DLC amounted to something approaching $20 at launch. I'm just not entirely sure when they went from 200 points to 80 so I'm not sure if that drop just happened or if they dropped at some point in the past year or two.

[quote name='Cheapskate']I don't own all these games, so I'm not sure, but the ME1 and PDZ ones make me wonder if perhaps the theme here is "things which are available on the Platinum Hits editions"?[/QUOTE]

I echo this thought. Does anyone know if any of this dlc (in particular PDZ and Kameo) is available on the Platinum Hits versions?

some of the games don't have platinum hits versions, and some games that do haven't had their dlc dropped to 80 points... yet. I don't think this is the end. I think with PS+ giving out DLC for free, and the fact that most of this old dlc probably doesn't sell very well anyway, it makes sense to drop it to the lowest possible point value to see if it'll sell any better.

I loved Lost Odyssey, so I think I'll pick this up to get some more enjoyment from the game. How is it Bigandtasty?

Thanks OP.

[quote name='Sinksand']I loved Lost Odyssey, so I think I'll pick this up to get some more enjoyment from the game. How is it Bigandtasty?[/QUOTE]

Just started downloading it so can't give impressions yet, heh. Plus I'm only on disc two so not sure if I can play it right away.

[quote name='phogoodness']I think only this one is included in the PH version. The Pinnacle Station DLC would still have to be purchased separately.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='vicks']Just Bring Down the Sky. But it also includes bonus content (not DLC) on the 2nd disc - videos, concept art, etc.[/QUOTE]

Excellent. Thanks.

Time to trade in my PH version for a real version and get this DLC.

[quote name='Sinksand']I loved Lost Odyssey, so I think I'll pick this up to get some more enjoyment from the game. How is it Bigandtasty?

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

From what I hear, its a five floor complex dungeon with similar layouts on each level. The enemies are extremely tough and there is no save point except at the very beginning. This means that upon dying (most likely will against the final boss of the dungeon), you'll have to start over.

Picked up the Kameo Pack, the Lost Odeyssey Dungeon, and PGR 4 bundle. Hope to see more prices slashed in the future.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The Phantasy Star expansion still requires a paid PSU account to play, is that right?[/QUOTE]

I read this in the item description "Please make sure your Gamer Tag is associated with a current GUARDIANS License subscription", so while I can't definitively answer your question, this might. That's a huge download, too.

Here's hoping for this trend to continue. There's a whole bunch of DLC that I would never pick up at full price (in some cases costing up to $20 for games that have been out since 06-07 and can be picked up for 7.99 for the game itself...) but I would definitely drop $1-3 on.

I already had the ME1 DLC, so didn't look twice at the thread initially. I'm glad I did cuz now I'll pick up the Lost Odyssey DLC.

Great find, OP!

I loved Lost Odyssey I bought the DLC at regular price and got my moneys worth. Great deal if you like the game.
I'm going to pick up Blue dragon DLC. I got toward the end and moved onto another game and think Im going to play through it again with a guide.
Kameo also. i bought it during a b2 g1 sale and its just sat.
Wish they would drop SAMURAI WARRIORS 2 Xtreme Legends 2400 points blows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody have any opinions on the forza 2 dlc? I bought the game for $4 used, but it's stuck in my backlog. If i get all the dlc it would be about $6 and I still have to buy the dlc cars with in-game credits. Is it worth it?

bread's done
Back