Mass Effect - Bring Down the Sky DLC 80MSP($1!); DLC for some games as low as 80msp

Donnums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I didn't see this posted yet so here you guys go:

Bring Down the Sky, 80MSP

Original price was 400 points

I'm not sure if this is some sort of error but download it while you can! It is possible that this is a permanent drop but I have no way of telling so far; DLC for other games seem to be discounted or possibly dropped too.

I also found that these games have discounted DLC. Most were originally 400 points.

PGR3 DLC - Style Pack and various cars

PGR4 Premium Challenge Pack - 80msp

Lost Odyssey Dungeon Pack - 80MSP

Thanks to CAG members for finding these:

Perfect Dark Zero Map Pack One - 160 points

Forza 2 - Map Packs at 80 points

Kameo Power Pack - 80msp down from 400(other DLC is also down to 80 from prices 200-400)

Blue Dragon Shuffle Dungeon(originally 400), 6 Treasures(originally 200) - 80msp each

Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus expansion pack - FREE(was 800pts)

Beautiful Katamari DLC Levels - 80pts each(originally 200 each)

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/g...fe-1000-9115-d802494707db/?of=3&bt=0&sb=1&p=1

Last edited by a moderator:
To clear up the PSU + Ambition of the Illuminus confusion:

Phantasy Star Universe has a single-player, story-driven mode; however, it does not have an offline "multiplayer" mode, like the PSO iterations. If you want to play a custom-made character, you need to play online, and pay the subscription fee associated with doing so.

Ambition of the Illuminus just adds to the confusion a bit, as there's two versions of the game: one for PS2, and the other for 360. On PS2, it received a full disc-based, retail release, which contained both an extension of the single-player story mode, as well as the additional online content. On 360, however, it's download-only, and only has the additional online content, with absolutely nothing added to the single-player side of things.

Hope that helps clear things up.[quote name='doodofdoods']I need PSU to play Ambition of the Illuminus, right?[/QUOTE]Correct.

[quote name='Wolfpup']The ONLY one it seems to use is your autosave file. What that means is if you go back and play Bring Down the Sky, it'll overwrite the autosave and you'll have to replay stuff to get a ME2 compatible save. I found that out the hard way.

I didn't even KNOW there was a New Game + by the way :lol:[/QUOTE]
Wrong, once you beat the game it creates an entirely different save file. That's the one that transfers over. I transferred a few different Shepards into ME 2.

[quote name='Zerok']Wrong, once you beat the game it creates an entirely different save file. That's the one that transfers over. I transferred a few different Shepards into ME 2.[/QUOTE]

Well all I know is I didn't delete any save files, but had to replay the ending because the only one Mass Effect 2 could 'see' was my Autosave file.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Any achievemnts for Katamari or Blue Dragon DLC?[/QUOTE]
Can't speak for Katamari, but Blue Dragon's don't.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Any achievemnts for Katamari or Blue Dragon DLC?[/QUOTE]

Yes to Katamari. According to trueachievements, looks like you have to download all the stages to get the few extra achievements.

Definitely in for Lost Odyssey. I had fun with that game, and wouldn't mind a little bit more of it, for that cheap. I hope this is a permanent drop, and the start of a trend to make old DLC bargain-basement type stuff.

I jumped in for both Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. I didn't get the items for Blue Dragon as paying for items kinda feels cheap to me. Thankfully I had 260 ms points lying around...now what to do with the last 100.

[quote name='Scott']To clear up the PSU + Ambition of the Illuminus confusion:

Phantasy Star Universe has a single-player, story-driven mode; however, it does not have an offline "multiplayer" mode, like the PSO iterations. If you want to play a custom-made character, you need to play online, and pay the subscription fee associated with doing so.

Ambition of the Illuminus just adds to the confusion a bit, as there's two versions of the game: one for PS2, and the other for 360. On PS2, it received a full disc-based, retail release, which contained both an extension of the single-player story mode, as well as the additional online content. On 360, however, it's download-only, and only has the additional online content, with absolutely nothing added to the single-player side of things.

Hope that helps clear things up.Correct.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification.. I downloaded it before I read your post and noticed you couldnt do anything but get online.. which of course requires the hunters license. No way im paying for that at this moment.

[quote name='utopianmachine']If you download DLC for a game you don't own yet, it'll still go into effect when you get the gamer later?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Just be sure to start the game connected to Live in order to get any patches necessary for the DLC to function.

[quote name='Bigandtasty']Yes. Just be sure to start the game connected to Live in order to get any patches necessary for the DLC to function.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

Kameo Power Pack.... I wanted this when I played the game... but I may get it anyway, even if I don't play Kameo again. I figure it is good to have a lot of the DLC stored once the next system rolls around... incase they get delisted.

I really wish they would discount the crackdown DLC even just as a DoTW, it's never been less than 800 MSP so I just can't justify it at that price!

[quote name='jez360']I really wish they would discount the crackdown DLC even just as a DoTW, it's never been less than 800 MSP so I just can't justify it at that price![/QUOTE]

It's been 400 MSP for a while now... am I missing something?

I think some could view this as "trying to make a buck off of old DLC." But I am happy they're even dropping. 1.00 for some of this content is a fantastic deal. Gives me hope for the future of pricing not sucking.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Kameo Power Pack.... I wanted this when I played the game... but I may get it anyway, even if I don't play Kameo again. I figure it is good to have a lot of the DLC stored once the next system rolls around... incase they get delisted.[/QUOTE]

Since i never finished the game, i figured i might as well pick it up especially since it ahs new achievements tied to it.

Picked up:
-Lost Odyssey Dungeon Pack: Seeker of the Deep!
-Blue Dragon Shuffle Dungeon (even though i have all 1000 i figured it would be fun to run through with my level 99's)
-PGR 4 Premium Challenge Pack
- Kameo Power Pack

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP I got PSU DLC and lost Odyssey Dungeon, is the other DLC worth the money?

I was also wondering about Blue dragon DLC is shuffle dungeon better than the 6 treasures? Since it is near the end of the game and requires min level 50 to enter I was not leaning towards it. Also, I am not a big fan of paying to get items that should have been included in the game and attainable otherwise however if they are good I may bite. If it is something that has a 0.01% chance of drop from a rare monster $1 is definitely worth it :D

Same goes for Lost Odyssey and Magna carta, are the DLC items any good?

Gonna have to get some points for the Blue Dragon and Katamari DLCs.

Probably not gonna get back into PSU though, even though the expansion is now free. The initial PSU launch with next to nothing, super slow drip of content w/bugs that weren't fixed between the JP and NA/EU versions (even though they had months to prepare), and the early shutdown of the PC servers left too bad a taste in my mouth to want to start completely over from scratch on the 360.

I'm just gonna wait and see what the next online console/PC PSO/U game that they are currently working on is.

[quote name='shrike4242']This was originally 400 points, you're incorrect.

Agreed on it being good, I think it's the best ME1 or ME2 DLC that's been released. The right length at about 2 hours, great story, great action at the end, well worth the money. Anyone that doesn't get it at $1 is a fool.

You run into a character that was in BDTS, and they bring up some references to what happened afterward, depending on what you did in BDTS.[/QUOTE]

You also get an email from them.

I also have to disagree and say the Overlord DLC for ME2 tops this one.

these were some great deals....i got the phantasy star dlc.....there is hope for me for a discount on the 1st overlord dlc....800 pts is still too damn high

[quote name='Master Troll']Did you guys know that they featured this post on Joystiq?[/QUOTE]

HA, I feel famous now!

Also, Crackdown's DLC went down to 400 a long while ago. I bought it at 800 when it came out and I felt it was definitely worth it. There's an absurd amount of fun to be had with the harpoon gun.

This deal was mentioned on Joystiq and xbox360achievment. Only Joystiq mentioned their source. I was like "what they didn't mention CAG!" when I read it on xbox360achievements.

Anybody notice any others? The crackdown drop to 400 a while ago was a good sign, but there's been precious little other DLC price droppage, even for older stuff. I definitely like the idea of things like this, severe price drops on old stuff. I picked up the Lost Odyssey DLC, and will probably play it once I finish Dead Space (after I get back from Spain).

I hear the Lost Odyssey DLC is crap! Long dungeon that you have to play from level 1 each time you get killed... so you can only do about half the ACH easy... I'm not sure it's worth the trouble... (especially since so many people didn't even have the patience to do the "find-all-items" ACH!)

From another post, the new Star Wars TFU II Endor DLC is 80 points. I definitely recommend it.

Apparently that's the permanent price, they will not give DLC with achievements for free.

[quote name='aheineken']Thanks, op. Picked up the lost odyssey dlc even though the game has been in my backlog for a year. Can't beat $1.[/QUOTE] Same here, although I suppose I should thank the thread necromancer.

I haven't noticed anything new pop up except that they put up the Heroes and Villains pack for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 again. I swear I checked a few weeks ago and it wasn't there; I knew the DLC for MUA2 is up until the 31st. This is good for anyone(including myself) who doesn't want to buy the Gold edition of the game which still is around $30.

The DLC is $10 plus $5 or less for MUA1....I'd say that's a great deal but count on it disappearing at the end of the month.

[quote name='gastrophetes']So glad to see Mass Effect DLC drop. Now about that Mass Effect 2 DLC...[/QUOTE]

These price drops are all for MS published games. It's very unlikely the EA-published ME2 DLC will see such generous price-cuts in the (near) future.

[quote name='Donnums']I haven't noticed anything new pop up except that they put up the Heroes and Villains pack for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 again. I swear I checked a few weeks ago and it wasn't there; I knew the DLC for MUA2 is up until the 31st. This is good for anyone(including myself) who doesn't want to buy the Gold edition of the game which still is around $30.

The DLC is $10 plus $5 or less for MUA1....I'd say that's a great deal but count on it disappearing at the end of the month.[/QUOTE]$10 seems like a lot for a few more characters in MUA1 and then it seems to much for a few characters and some training missions in MUA2. Expect both to disappear 12/31. Although I am tempted.

Also expect DLC for the EA Lord of the Rings games (conquest, which the DLC is kinda useless already unless you play a lot of local MP and Battle for Middle Earth 2, also just mp maps I believe) to disappear either 12/31 or 1/11 as EA's LOTR license ends 12/31. LOTR BFE2's servers end 1/11 so maybe the content will still be available that long as well.

[quote name='Thrinn']These price drops are all for MS published games. It's very unlikely the EA-published ME2 DLC will see such generous price-cuts in the (near) future.[/QUOTE]Besides ME2's GOTY version hasn't even come out or gotten old yet.

I never knew these were going to expire. Is there a way we can get a list what most likely will expire at the end of this month? I love to grab what i want before there gone forever.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance DLC
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 DLC
LOTR Conquest DLC
LOTR Battle for Middle Earth 2 DLC
Outrun Online Arcade Game: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410968?cid=search

I'm pretty sure that's it. Sega loses the Ferrari license 12/31 as well. Most of it isn't worth it. I think the LOTR stuff is for mp which will only be good for local mp since one is disconnected (conquest) and the other will be soon (bfme2) and the conquest stuff was too much anyway at $10. The MUA stuff is a little too pricey although some will pay for MUA's extra achievements. Outrun may be worth it if you're a fan although I have the ogxbox versions and I'll have to check on the differences.

It would be nice if there was some sort of announcement that items are going away. They should also put them on sale to get the last gasp of buyers. Outrun for 10, maybe, actually doubtful with the sales coming up, but for 5, yes please!

Outrun actually expires in December of 2011 for 360 and they've already pulled it off PSN. That's another game I'm waiting to go on sale.

Maybe hell will freeze over and one of the unannounced lists for the XBox Live holiday sale will have the MUA1 and 2 content!

Outrun will never drop. Its one of those games that never went on sale and never will. I ended up snagging Outrun and Trigger Heart Excelica (another non-dropper) when Microsoft was running their sale of spend 2000 points (or somewhere there abouts) and get 800 back. Only way I could get a sale on those.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Outrun will never drop. Its one of those games that never went on sale and never will. I ended up snagging Outrun and Trigger Heart Excelica (another non-dropper) when Microsoft was running their sale of spend 2000 points (or somewhere there abouts) and get 800 back. Only way I could get a sale on those.[/QUOTE]

I picked up outrun a while back for 400 MS points. I think it might have been the Deal of the week or something.

not that it helps anyone now...

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Dang, downloaded this forever ago and still haven't played it. Shame on me :( wish it was Pinnacle for 80 instead[/QUOTE]
Same here. But I went ahead and picked up the LO dlc. That game's been sitting on my shelf for several months but I figure I'll play it eventually and $1 is cheap enough for me.

[quote name='XF Gator']From another post, the new Star Wars TFU II Endor DLC is 80 points. I definitely recommend it.

Apparently that's the permanent price, they will not give DLC with achievements for free.[/QUOTE]
KInects Sports just got a free DLC with achievements, but I think its the exception to the rule, cause it says sponsored by Samsung, so they probably greased the skids.

Kinect Sports: Party Pack at xbox.com

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...8783&tid=4098&DownloadType=GameAddon#LiveZone

contains:
3 new mascots (including a zombie)
6 mini-games
15+ party events
10 achievements

bread's done
Back