Mass Effect - Bring Down the Sky DLC 80MSP($1!); DLC for some games as low as 80msp

Donnums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I didn't see this posted yet so here you guys go:

Bring Down the Sky, 80MSP

Original price was 400 points

I'm not sure if this is some sort of error but download it while you can! It is possible that this is a permanent drop but I have no way of telling so far; DLC for other games seem to be discounted or possibly dropped too.

I also found that these games have discounted DLC. Most were originally 400 points.

PGR3 DLC - Style Pack and various cars

PGR4 Premium Challenge Pack - 80msp

Lost Odyssey Dungeon Pack - 80MSP

Thanks to CAG members for finding these:

Perfect Dark Zero Map Pack One - 160 points

Forza 2 - Map Packs at 80 points

Kameo Power Pack - 80msp down from 400(other DLC is also down to 80 from prices 200-400)

Blue Dragon Shuffle Dungeon(originally 400), 6 Treasures(originally 200) - 80msp each

Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus expansion pack - FREE(was 800pts)

Beautiful Katamari DLC Levels - 80pts each(originally 200 each)

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/g...fe-1000-9115-d802494707db/?of=3&bt=0&sb=1&p=1

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wish the original Puzzle Quest expansion would drop--700 points is insane considering how long it has been out... I'd pick it up in a heartbeat for 240 or less...

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I really wish the original Puzzle Quest expansion would drop--700 points is insane considering how long it has been out... I'd pick it up in a heartbeat for 240 or less...[/QUOTE]

Definitely. It was one of the first games I checked when I read this thread. Disappointed to see it still at 700, especially since I picked up the game for only 400.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Definitely. It was one of the first games I checked when I read this thread. Disappointed to see it still at 700, especially since I picked up the game for only 400.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I did the exact thing. My heart dropped a little when I saw it still priced at 700.

Don't know if this was mentioned yet in this thread, but DLC for Gears of War 2 also received a drop. The All Fronts Collection (19 maps, assuming you never bought any DLC, and a bonus level) for 800 points ($10).

[quote name='apathylad']Don't know if this was mentioned yet in this thread, but DLC for Gears of War 2 also received a drop. The All Fronts Collection (19 maps, assuming you never bought any DLC, and a bonus level) for 800 points ($10).[/QUOTE]

This is oldish news. Dropped around April I believe but don't quote me on that. Great deal if you can find a copy of the game for $7 at BBV like I did thanks to this site.

Edit: Actual date of the drop was May 27th.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7...n-price-drop-triple-xp-weekend-announced.html

Picked up the PDZ maps(been holding out for a price drop since 2006). Also got the Lost Odyssey DLC as well as the PGR4 one.

I've done much worse with 400 points in the past.

Hopefully they will lower the price on more ancient DLC.

Bought the Katamari DLCs (Mmm, they've been at 80 each since January) and Lost Odyssey. I downloaded the Phantasy Star addon (I believe I enjoyed playing that game, can't remember though)........And........I may grab the Blue Dragon DLCs, I'll have to grab the game for $3 - $5 though.

[quote name='mitch079']Bullet Witch DLC has also dropped.[/QUOTE]

Because that game's such a joy -.-

Thanks for the information though. I'll start carving my eyeballs out now.

[quote name='thehoweller']Bought the Katamari DLCs (Mmm, they've been at 80 each since January) and Lost Odyssey. I downloaded the Phantasy Star addon (I believe I enjoyed playing that game, can't remember though)........And........I may grab the Blue Dragon DLCs, I'll have to grab the game for $3 - $5 though.

Thanks for the information though. I'll start carving my eyeballs out now.[/QUOTE]

Ha, yeah, but it's at the point where you don't feel like you're wasting your points...or not as much. 20 points for most stuff, maybe it already dropped but I never looked before.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']This is oldish news. Dropped around April I believe but don't quote me on that. Great deal if you can find a copy of the game for $7 at BBV like I did thanks to this site.

Edit: Actual date of the drop was May 27th.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7...n-price-drop-triple-xp-weekend-announced.html[/QUOTE]

Might pick this up, never bought any of the maps and would like to play the game some before Gears 3, the game was really fun when I played it.

[quote name='eliter1']Might pick this up, never bought any of the maps and would like to play the game some before Gears 3, the game was really fun when I played it.[/QUOTE]

I just bought it when it dropped. Well worth it, only complaints I have are that the deleted scene was not great but still worth a play through and in the competitive play the shot gun is way over powered.

[quote name='thehoweller']Bought the Katamari DLCs (Mmm, they've been at 80 each since January) and Lost Odyssey. I downloaded the Phantasy Star addon (I believe I enjoyed playing that game, can't remember though)........And........I may grab the Blue Dragon DLCs, I'll have to grab the game for $3 - $5 though.

Thanks for the information though. I'll start carving my eyeballs out now.[/QUOTE]

I bought BulletWitch when it came out....the definition of a game that could've been good if it had another year or two of good development time. I finished it but the last few levels were a struggle since everything was so barren and glitchy; didn't help the last boss took nearly half an hour to beat.

cool, in for Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey & Kameo DLCs. Glad those are still backlog games! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wampa8jedi']Finally grabbed the Lost Odyssey Dungeon! Anything else available?[/QUOTE]

What's your impression of this? I ask because I just ordered Lost Odyssey (a game I've been looking forward to playing even before recently buying my Xbox 360 Slim), and wonder whether it adds much to the experience of the game.

For 80 points, it's tough to pass on it though. How much was it recently offered for (240?).

[quote name='Strider2K99']Good find. Bought Blue Dragon Shuffle Dungeon and Lost Odyssey Dungeon Pack.[/QUOTE]

I'll likely be doing the same. Have both games on the way, and can't wait to play both!

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']What's your impression of this? I ask because I just ordered Lost Odyssey (a game I've been looking forward to playing even before recently buying my Xbox 360 Slim), and wonder whether it adds much to the experience of the game.

For 80 points, it's tough to pass on it though. How much was it recently offered for (240?).[/QUOTE]
It's always been 400 points before. It's a no-brainer at a buck.

If any of you are PSO players that didn't like PSU much, Ambitions of the Illuminus might change your view on that a little. It adds a bunch of weapons from PSO, all the PSO levels (except Ruins, I think), and it adds Boomas as a rare monster in some of the other levels. Definitely worth a download for free. Hell, I still feel pretty satisfied with the 1600 points I paid for it.

Nice to see some permanent price drops on DLC; something they should be doing for older titles across the board as well as older Arcade games. I picked up a lot of these DLC items already, but how are the Katamari levels? Also, for PSU is online play free w\ XBL Gold or do you need to pay an additional fee like FF11?

Also picked up the Kameo power pack and the free PSU Ambition scenario. Got quite far into PSU but set it aside for well over a year now...nice little incentive to get back to it soon.

[quote name='raarar']$1 DLC. Sold. Thanks op :)

I just beat the game a few months ago, and I was reading that the dlc shows up as a place on your galaxy map. does anyone know if I just have to reload an old save to use the dlc, or what would be the best idea.[/QUOTE]

i had the same question too.
I beat Mass Effect and my save is on the last boss.

How would i go about accessing the Bring Down the Sky DLC?

All of the game content DLC for BulletWitch was originally 20pts (with the costumes being free).

None of it is marked any different than it was when it was put on the marketplace.

"Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus expansion pack - FREE(was 800pts)"

I picked this game up for 4 bucks about a year ago in a bargain bin. Looks like a perfect time to check it out and subscribe.

[quote name='sabin23']i had the same question too.
I beat Mass Effect and my save is on the last boss.

How would i go about accessing the Bring Down the Sky DLC?[/QUOTE]

Start a New Game+

You'll have to complete Noveria and the Citadel again, but BDtS is worth it. It's a rather decent DLC for $5, $1 is an amazing price. (This time around, shoot Fist in the mouth, and tell the Consulate that her gift's a piece of trash).

Pinnacle Station wasn't worth my time reading its title, let alone $5 and 2-3 hair-pulling hours of my life. fucking Bioware -.-

[quote name='luminaria']Nice to see some permanent price drops on DLC; something they should be doing for older titles across the board as well as older Arcade games. I picked up a lot of these DLC items already, but how are the Katamari levels? Also, for PSU is online play free w\ XBL Gold or do you need to pay an additional fee like FF11?[/QUOTE]

It's fee based. If I remember right, it's something like $10 month and you only need Live silver.

I swear BW was 80pts per DLC, but I'll remove it.

[quote name='Donnums']It's fee based. If I remember right, it's something like $10 month and you only need Live silver.

I swear BW was 80pts per DLC, but I'll remove it.[/QUOTE]

So you have to pay an online fee to play the game or is it optional? In other words, does it offer an offline single player game without having to pay for online multiplayer? And if so, how is the single player game?
Thanks!

[quote name='Jayrcee']So you have to pay an online fee to play the game or is it optional? In other words, does it offer an offline single player game without having to pay for online multiplayer? And if so, how is the single player game?
Thanks![/QUOTE]

From what I've read, and it's on the box, you have to have an internet connection to play it, and I've seen some threads through google say that you have to buy the "license" in order to play. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything definite saying you have to pay the $10 a month to be able to play offline/

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Damn, I wish Mirror's Edge dlc would drop. I've been waiting forever to grab that at a decent price.[/QUOTE]

Same here. You can find the game cheaper than the DLC now.

The PSU expansion is online only. It adds nothing to the single player campaign, and still cost 9.99 a month to play. It does however make the online play more enjoyable by offering better weapons, more meseta, and better exp.

[quote name='vze4kg9g']The PSU expansion is online only. It adds nothing to the single player campaign, and still cost 9.99 a month to play. It does however make the online play more enjoyable by offering better weapons, more meseta, and better exp.[/QUOTE]

From IGN:

"The sequel to SEGA's dual offline/online RPG game in the Phantasy Star saga. Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus continues the exciting single player action-RPG storyline as a new Human Fundamentalist group, known as the Illuminus, disrupts the peaceful Gurhal System throwing the Gurhal Government into chaos. Using their custom-made Guardian, players investigate a series of single-player missions where they will meet familiar characters like Ethan Waber from Episode 1, and other new characters including GUARDIAN instructor, Laia Martinez. Gamers can now experience the wonders of the Gurhal System through the eyes of a personalized avatar – whether tackling quests online with a party of up to six adventurers, or fighting through the next chapters of the exciting story missions that started its single player experience in the original Phantasy Star Universe. Players will explore exciting new levels, such as the Ruins of Old Rozenom City and the subterranean Granigs Mines, where they will encounter new and more powerful enemy types and bosses, and master additional versatile class types."

Sounds like there's a new offline single player campaign to me...

PSU has an offline mode. Take on missions and whatnot. But, you CANNOT play multiplayer on the same console like the GC or DC versions. Single player only. My biggest problem is that the CPU sucks, they don't heal or attack nearly enough, so you will need to learn to do everything. I'm not sure if they still have the demo, which lets you play online for free, but they reset your character at the end of a certain time period (week or month, can't remember), but otherwise you will need the Hunter's License.

Edit: Looks like this was answered while I took forever to type this out at work. Oh, and in order to use your custom character offline throughout the game, you need to beat the single player mode entirely. In other words, your custom character can only go as far into the game as the Ethan Weber solo game has gone, if I recall correctly. Fairly, easy 1000/1000 achievements, though they will take a while to grind up to especially since all the rares are online only.

Final Edit (I swear): Here's the official PSU page, which makes it seem like it's online only, so I don't know what to make of it at this point.

Bring Down the Sky is worth $1, although it's annoying to try to play after you've finished the game. Really better ahead of time. I wonder if that Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey stuff is worth anything (especially since I finished both games year ago).

I just finished through the Mass Effect 1 download. Worth the dollar download, but not much more for an hour or less worth of gameplay. Thanks OP for the info. on all the downloads.

[quote name='Doomstink']If any of you are PSO players that didn't like PSU much, Ambitions of the Illuminus might change your view on that a little. It adds a bunch of weapons from PSO, all the PSO levels (except Ruins, I think), and it adds Boomas as a rare monster in some of the other levels. Definitely worth a download for free. Hell, I still feel pretty satisfied with the 1600 points I paid for it.[/QUOTE]

holy shit.. just noticed its free. I am a huge PSO fan.. but PSU lost alot of the magic..Will give it a shot again. I still need to beat the single player but i never did play PSU online

They brought back PSO weapons and levels? wtf how didnt i hear about this earlier

The price is definitely right on Ambition, but PSU ended up largely being a single-player title for me, and everything Google has turned up suggests that Ambition requires a subscription to play. Meh.

[quote name='guyver2077']never did beat ME1.. hopefully i can jump right into this DLC.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's basically just another mission, so it fits in pretty well and is pretty good, though trying to go back AFTER you've finished the game is kind of a pain (and wipes out your final save file...)

[quote name='thehoweller']Start a New Game+

You'll have to complete Noveria and the Citadel again, but BDtS is worth it. It's a rather decent DLC for $5, $1 is an amazing price. (This time around, shoot Fist in the mouth, and tell the Consulate that her gift's a piece of trash).

Pinnacle Station wasn't worth my time reading its title, let alone $5 and 2-3 hair-pulling hours of my life. fucking Bioware -.-[/QUOTE]

A follow-up question.

Which game save do I import when I start Mass Effect 2???

- The New Game +?
- Previous save?

If I start a New Game + (completing the BDtS DLC), will I have to beat the game all the way to its' entirety again? Or will my original game save suffice?

[quote name='sabin23']A follow-up question.

Which game save do I import when I start Mass Effect 2???

- The New Game +?
- Previous save?

If I start a New Game + (completing the BDtS DLC), will I have to beat the game all the way to its' entirety again? Or will my original game save suffice?[/QUOTE]

The ONLY one it seems to use is your autosave file. What that means is if you go back and play Bring Down the Sky, it'll overwrite the autosave and you'll have to replay stuff to get a ME2 compatible save. I found that out the hard way.

I didn't even KNOW there was a New Game + by the way :lol:

bread's done
Back