Mavs to the Finals: Congrats to the Heat

Gilbert Arenas had as good a shot as you can possibly of hoped for in the end of the game tonight and he bricked it. 6 To's and a shame. He would be an MVP consideration player if he could cut his to's down.

if he made one less TO and helped his team generate one more shot, it could be a totally different series now.

On a side note- Steve Nash wasn't the MVP, Kobe was. Take Kobe off the lakers and they would be/could be worse then nash without the suns.. But in my mind the fact that Kobe can play some D gives him the edge. Nash will not get you a stop at the end of the game to get the ball back.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']On a side note- Steve Nash wasn't the MVP, Kobe was. Take Kobe off the lakers and they would be/could be worse then nash without the suns.. But in my mind the fact that Kobe can play some D gives him the edge. Nash will not get you a stop at the end of the game to get the ball back.[/QUOTE]
No one on a 7th seed team deserves to be MVP. Period. Nash won't get you a stop but he'll score or make a wide open opportunity for a teammate to score. LeBron and Dirk can't get a stop either and they were both MVP candidates. Nash is the epitome of making your teammates better and leading a team to success even when the odds are against you.

Kobe's getting the scoring title for his "accomplishments" which is exactly what he deserves for scoring amazing amounts of points. But hes not the MVP, he's probably the best individual player in the league, but not the MVP.

that laker game was the best game ive seen in a very very long time.
what a great series.
i cant believe how well kwame especially is playing, the guy is housing people up, lamar is great, last coupel weeks is the first time i see him as a legit #2.
if the lakers continue to play like this i see them in the conf. finals.

yaaay for sunday. bbq beer and hopefully another great game.

I honestly don't think the Kings will win another game...but I would love to see the Kings push the Spurs to 6 or 7, to make it easier on the Mavs.

they almost won game two if the last shot would have went in. I just hope they at least take the spurs to a game 7. Then the mavs can take them out, then the lakers can take out the mavs :pray:

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Gilbert Arenas had as good a shot as you can possibly of hoped for in the end of the game tonight and he bricked it. 6 To's and a shame. He would be an MVP consideration player if he could cut his to's down.

if he made one less TO and helped his team generate one more shot, it could be a totally different series now.[/quote]

Unfortunately for the Wizards, that's going to be the story of Gilbert's career until he finally starts to improve his basketball IQ. In his defense, however, the guy is still a young ball player who is not even in his prime yet...and look at the steps he's already been making. He's proven himself to be among the best scorers the league has seen in the decade, leading his team to another playoff visit. Perhaps one day he'll finally start to cut down on some of the boneheaded decisions and bring it all together.

[quote name='whiteboy']No one on a 7th seed team deserves to be MVP. Period. Nash won't get you a stop but he'll score or make a wide open opportunity for a teammate to score. LeBron and Dirk can't get a stop either and they were both MVP candidates. Nash is the epitome of making your teammates better and leading a team to success even when the odds are against you.

Kobe's getting the scoring title for his "accomplishments" which is exactly what he deserves for scoring amazing amounts of points. But hes not the MVP, he's probably the best individual player in the league, but not the MVP.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand the logic in saying someone is the best individual player in the league but not the MVP. Aren't they essentially the same thing? It happened up here this year, Shaun Alexander won the MVP Award but i don't think he was even close to the best indivual player in football.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I don't understand the logic in saying someone is the best individual player in the league but not the MVP. Aren't they essentially the same thing? It happened up here this year, Shaun Alexander won the MVP Award but i don't think he was even close to the best indivual player in football.[/QUOTE]
Because they're two completely different sports? Shaun won the MFL MVP because he broke the single season rushing TD record and helped lead his team to the Super Bowl. MVP's play for the team, not themselves. They make the players around them better. Nash, LeBron, and Nowitski get the rest of the team involved in the game, but Kobe scores by himself without getting the rest of the team involved at all. Not until now has he actually done that, thus he isn't a candidate for an MVP award.

First of all Kwame is "housing" people because WHO CAN GUARD HIM ON THE SUNS. Thomas, Stodamire and Grant are all injured. They could be the smalleset team ever. They basically have 3 to 4 guards playing at all times not to mention a forward playing center. I do think the Lakers have been playing good team basketball but eventually Kobe is going to have to step it up and score. And the MVP thing....like I said before Nash def deserves it. MVP stands for most VALUABLE player not the best player in the league. Nash could not win one on one vs some of the guys in the league but hes extremly important to the Suns and makes everybody around him better. I agree the Lakers would be terrible without Kobe but he was basically a one man show all year and they are only a 7th seed. MVP usually goes to a player on a team who had a great season. Like Shaun Alexander who deserved that award also. On a side note...LET'S GO NETS!!! And hopefully al the games today will be as good as the ones last night.

kmart2gamewinner.gif

Tim DunCANT.

[quote name='DT778']they almost won game two if the last shot would have went in. I just hope they at least take the spurs to a game 7. Then the mavs can take them out, then the lakers can take out the mavs :pray:[/quote]

In your Dreams, the Lakers won't beat the Mavericks. The Suns play worse defense then the Mavs of old, and without Amare and Thomas in the lineup they're even worse. Not a chance in hell.

Wow, can't believe Nowitzki drained that 3 and then Atkins missed that layup. Hopefully the Mavs can get their first sweep on Monday.

Who saw Detroit get their ass's handed to them by the Bucks earlier? I hope the Bucks can at least make it a good series and send it to 7 games. Today the Pistons looked a lot like my old high school basketball team, shitty.

the chants are in "FIX FIX FIX, FIX FIX FIX, FIX FIX FIX"

nice try NBA, how could it be any more obvious you gave this game to the lakers?

They were gang raping steve nash on the double team and you expect me to believe a ball handler as good as him would let it come to a jump balll? F YOU SCUMBAGS.

Great shot Kobe, screw you david stern and the fix.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']the chants are in "FIX FIX FIX, FIX FIX FIX, FIX FIX FIX"

nice try NBA, how could it be any more obvious you gave this game to the lakers?

They were gang raping steve nash on the double team and you expect me to believe a ball handler as good as him would let it come to a jump balll? F YOU SCUMBAGS.

Great shot Kobe, screw you david stern and the fix.[/QUOTE]

dude, nash hasnt exactly been great this series. He lost the ball late in the 4th, and now he lost it in OT, im not surprised by this

[quote name='Murcielago77']OHH MAN!!! KOBE IS SOOO CLUTCH! MVP! MVP! MVP! MVP!

what a game[/QUOTE]

Dont thank kobe, write a letter into the NBA thanking them for not granting steve nash that timeout he was calling for or the gang rape fouling he was enduring.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Dont thank kobe, write a letter into the NBA thanking them for not granting steve nash that timeout he was calling for or the gang rape fouling he was enduring.[/quote]

o well he didn't say it loud enough, he coulda called it earlier, there were a millions things that coulda been barely different for the suns and the lakers still woulda won. The fact is, that Phil Jackson is the greatest coach in NBA history. PERIOD.

I think Nash was fouled at the end of the OT, but the Suns have no one to blame but themselves for that loss and blowing that late 4th qtr lead. That was an exciting game.

the only reason nash didnt get the foul call or the timeout in ot was the fact that the refs didnt call the push off foul on nash at the start of the play.

fuck ABC. Right after odem shot the free throw they went to a "The best of dean martin" informertail. I had to "watch" the rest of the game on nba.com scoreboard.

Kobe = Clutch

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']o well he didn't say it loud enough, he coulda called it earlier, there were a millions things that coulda been barely different for the suns and the lakers still woulda won. The fact is, that Phil Jackson is the greatest coach in NBA history. PERIOD.[/QUOTE]

Im supposed to believe horse crap like he didnt say it loud enough? In an alternate setting do you think the refs wouldnt of called the suns for fouling kobe with the ball, or not grant a timeout too Kobe if he was calling it, even if it was "quietly."

The NBA is a bunch of horse crap and they are good at manipulating their fans. it's great entertainment, just like WWE, ECW, and TNA.

[quote name='DT778']fuck ABC. Right after odem shot the free throw they went to a "The best of dean martin" informertail. I had to "watch" the rest of the game on nba.com scoreboard.

Kobe = Clutch[/QUOTE]

mine was switching back and forth right between the game and some show before OT started

Nash was screwed in OT, but like someone else has already said, the Suns shouldn't have let it go to OT. The inbounds steal shouldn't not have happen, as the dude inbounding it (name escapes me) should have called a timeout to go over another inbound play.

All in all, the refs seem to be handing it to the Lakers. I hope the Suns can come back in the series, luckily it shifts back to Phoenix for the next 3.

nash admits that he did not a call timeout (watch press conference). he said he was trying to hold the ball or get fouled. at first, Nash thought Daiw call timeout, but diaw did not call timeout, he just stood there, while nash was corner. you have to remember this is the playoffs, not the regular season. you don't get sissy foul for pushing. And cmon, the nba is fix, is so fucken dumb. if the nba wants the lakers to win, how come, kobe sat out in the 2nd quarter due to foul trouble, also remember game 1 when kobe got hit across the face, and no foul. thomas did admit he foul kobe. All I have to say is that kobe was clutch! that clutch shot remind of jordanesque and nash, damn he missed a lot of open j's. if nash made at least 1-2 3's, the game would be over.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Man, some of you guys are whining like some bitches.[/quote]

Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it? :rofl:

I can understand the no calls, as they shouldn't have allowed the Lakers to come back and tie it up at the end of regulation. Add to it some peoples hatred for the Lakers, (similar to many's hatred for the Yankees (mine included)) and its a sticky situation.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it? :rofl:

I can understand the no calls, as they shouldn't have allowed the Lakers to come back and tie it up at the end of regulation. Add to it some peoples hatred for the Lakers, (similar to many's hatred for the Yankees (mine included)) and its a sticky situation.[/quote]

Hah hah, touche, my friend, touche.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Hah hah, touche, my friend, touche.[/quote]

:rofl:

If only more people were easy going, the intraweb would be a better place.

And getting rid of slidecage

It's not like the series is over just yet, Nash is the MVP for a reason.

But, i'm astonished at how the Suns got this far, their starting line-up minus Nash and Marion looks like some shitty NBDL team.

[quote name='ph33r m3']It's not like the series is over just yet, Nash is the MVP for a reason.

But, i'm astonished at how the Suns got this far, their starting line-up minus Nash and Marion looks like some shitty NBDL team.[/quote]

Because Nash and Marion were enough throughout the year. Apparently they overworked themselves throughout the year.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Because Nash and Marion were enough throughout the year. Apparently they overworked themselves throughout the year.[/quote]

A mix of that and it seems the role players like House, Jones who played well during the year aren't playing very well. It sucks because really with Amare, this team no doubt for me, would go straight to the finals.

[quote name='ph33r m3']It's not like the series is over just yet, Nash is the MVP for a reason.

But, i'm astonished at how the Suns got this far, their starting line-up minus Nash and Marion looks like some shitty NBDL team.[/quote]

I've been a firm believer ever since Nash was in Dallas that he can never make it through an entire NBA season. He has a bad back and with his crazy-ass style of play, he can't play very many minutes in the regular season and have enough left in the tank to really play at a high level in the playoffs.

I love Nash and think he is a tremendous player. The guy helped the Mavericks be an elite team, and for that, I thank him. But I honestly don't think he's going to be able to hold up and fulfill the length of his contract before he is forced into retirement.

[quote name='ph33r m3']A mix of that and it seems the role players like House, Jones who played well during the year aren't playing very well. It sucks because really with Amare, this team no doubt for me, would go straight to the finals.[/quote]

Wow, bro, I think that's giving them too much credit. They lost a lot of talent in the offseason and didn't do enough to recover from that. They are a worse team this year than last.

While I think with Amare, they could beat the Lakers, I don't see them beating San Antonio or Dallas.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Wow, bro, I think that's giving them too much credit. They lost a lot of talent in the offseason and didn't do enough to recover from that. They are a worse team this year than last.

While I think with Amare, they could beat the Lakers, I don't see them beating San Antonio or Dallas.[/quote]

Oh I know they lost a lot, and with Johnson, Q-Rich, healthy Amare, I think they'd beat Detroit. But this is why Nash won MVP, the ability to take free-agent waiver guys and make them gel.

The Kings are playing incredible ball right now, and the Spurs look like they don't know what they're doing! Just what I hoped for, thought I didn't see it coming.

I can't decide how I feel. I'm thrilled that the bulls tied the series with the heat. The heat look like they're falling apart, which is really the only chance the bulls have of winning. It's almost as if the heat expected to coast through the series and can't understand why that's not happening. But without chandler they bulls are screwed.

Am I the only Bulls fan on these boards? Dam, the game today was another great game, and for once the Heat didn't play as dirty today! :roll:

I was at the Laker game today...damn

I can't believe the Suns blew it with a 5 point lead and 12 secs remaining. Then they blew it again in OT. I doubt they will recover from this mentally.

[quote name='Prepster']Am I the only Bulls fan on these boards? Dam, the game today was another great game, and for once the Heat didn't play as dirty today! :roll:[/quote]

Well sort of, but I've got 3 teams ahead of them and they're playing my #3 team right now. My favorite team, who knows for how much longer if they keep dicking Garnett around, the Twolves are on the slide and if Garnett goes, they're dead to me. The Suns are my 2nd favorite, and look like they're on their way to an early exit.

So as for the Bulls/Heat series, its a win-win for me. The Heat win, I'd be marginally happier, but either way I'll sort of like the outcome.

bread's done
Back