Media Play's Closing: 70-80% off LAST FEW DAYS

The 70% applies to anime toys and toys, and stuff that is in the toy department, or toy racks, it will be labeled as 70% off.

[quote name='neocisco'].75!? Since guides are 60% off we're these tagged lower than the price that's printed on the guides?[/QUOTE]

i might just have them scan a couple guides to see what the total is.

75!? Since guides are 60% off we're these tagged lower than the price that's printed on the guides?

I just pick and chose..I watched the register as she rang them up. all 0.75 except the Collectors MGSII which was 10-11 bucks. :bouncy:

[quote name='TehTriggerman']I just pick and chose..I watched the register as she rang them up. all 0.75 except the Collectors MGSII which was 10-11 bucks. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

okay i go into media play, grab a few guides that I am interested in, i-ninja, sf anniversary, and rebel strike. I go up to the register and ask how much they will be. Instead of scanning them she flips them over, looks at the back and messes with her calculator. I say thats not what I meant and for her to scan them. She gives me a dirty look and says they wont be any different than what she calculated, she finally scans them and only ininja rang up as 75 cents, I am guessing they must be the real old guides that will be 75 cents, I would have checked more but after the hassle she gave me I just grabbed ininja and left.

At 50% off I should have access to these games & DVD's. I need help on deciding what is or isn't a good deal. What do you think I should pick up??

*50% off already taken off of the listed price

DS
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney $15
Burnout Legends $20
Kirby: Canvas Curse $20
Ultimate Spider-Man $20
Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble $20

X360
Need for Speed: Most Wanted $30

DVD
Arrested Development S1 $20
Arrested Development S2 $20
He-Man & The Masters of the Universe: Season 1 $25
Star Wars Trilogy WS $35

Xbox
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge $20
Greg Hasting's Tournament Paintball Max'd $20
Sniper Elite $20
Spartan Total Warrior $25
The Warriors $25
Ultimate Spider-Man $25
X-Men Legends 2 $25
True Crime: New York City LE $30

Only thing notable is Phoenix Wright, since it's sold out everywhere for $30, let alone $15.

Everything else can be found for the same price, or even cheaper elsewhere (like Ultimate Spider Man and X-Men Legends 2, $20 at BB with a coupon).

$30 is a good price for Need for Speed on the 360, too.

I had passed up Phoenix Wright at 40% off last week(was just gonna sit in my backlog), I didn't know it was hard to find, sure enough gone today.

Did get a copy of Metroid Pinball for $20 today though, and they accepted my rewards coupon still, so $15.

And they also had a sign saying 9 days left before they close their doors officially, so looks like 21st will be the last day.

[quote name='rywateska']At 50% off I should have access to these games & DVD's. I need help on deciding what is or isn't a good deal. What do you think I should pick up??

*50% off already taken off of the listed price

DS
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney $15
Burnout Legends $20
Kirby: Canvas Curse $20
Ultimate Spider-Man $20
Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble $20

X360
Need for Speed: Most Wanted $30

DVD
Arrested Development S1 $20
Arrested Development S2 $20
He-Man & The Masters of the Universe: Season 1 $25
Star Wars Trilogy WS $35

Xbox
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge $20
Greg Hasting's Tournament Paintball Max'd $20
Sniper Elite $20
Spartan Total Warrior $25
The Warriors $25
Ultimate Spider-Man $25
X-Men Legends 2 $25
True Crime: New York City LE $30[/QUOTE]

I think you should get all of the Phoenix Wrights and spread the love...to me. Kirby is also a good choice.

I think you should buy all the phoenix wright's as well.

I bought Baten Kaitos today for 15$, good price, since i wasnt able to snag any of the ultra cheap copies at the other deals, and kmart still had it marked to only 25$ after the 50% off sale.

I hope this stuff gets another drop before the final days, i really want to clean out all those anime cd's since i wont really get the chance to buy them anywhere else (not that they aren't already cheap enough at 4-5.50 each!). There is no way they will clean out all the stuff at the niagara falls store cause there is too much left and its still too expensive.

she finally scans them and only ininja rang up as 75 cents, I am guessing they must be the real old guides that will be 75 cents, I would have checked more but after the hassle she gave me I just grabbed ininja and left.

Sorry man. The peeps at my Media Play in Utica Michigan are a nice group of girls. Nice even though they're losing Their Jobs. :bomb:

I work at the Toys R Us across from the Buffalo Media play. They had some good stuff left. PSP game Frantix rang up at 4.50. Bought a few of em just of the heck of it. Then odly one of em rang up at 12.50.

They had a ton of PSP movies left, almost everything, might grab some of those as well.

Lots of Fear for PC left too, definately worth 20 bux.

Gah.... My satsh(es) must've been raided when they took apart the layout of the store. I only found one CD and Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble in other places. Oh well, win some, lose some.

I tried to see if I could pull some 0.75¢ guides... None of these worked:

mpnons7cn.jpg

GAMES are now 60% off at my store. THere are only SIX days left. I did not get anything. They had a few UMD movies left, but the price was $27.99. Even $11 seemed like too much for them. A few were $17.99, which would be around $7 after discount....but I passed on House of the Dead :)

[quote name='doubledown']GAMES are now 60% off at my store. THere are only SIX days left. I did not get anything. They had a few UMD movies left, but the price was $27.99. Even $11 seemed like too much for them. A few were $17.99, which would be around $7 after discount....but I passed on House of the Dead :)[/QUOTE]

I was lucky... there were still some worthwhile games when I stopped.
Legend of Kay sounds like a decent enough game for the reviews, and I've not see it dip below 20 yet... so it seemed worthwhile at $12.

I updated the first post

What i thought was strange at my media play even though books are not supposed to be for sale they had a rack of hardcover books for 3$ each or something close to that price, it was one price for all the books on the rack. Maybe these were the bargain books or something similar.

Stopped by the Charlotee, NC Media Play today. They had absolutely nothing left in terms of good games. Some games that were $8.99 a month ago, where now listed at $29.99. So with the 60% off they were now more expensive than before. Shady bastards.

[quote name='screwkick']Stopped by the Charlotee, NC Media Play today. They had absolutely nothing left in terms of good games. Some games that were $8.99 a month ago, where now listed at $29.99. So with the 60% off they were now more expensive than before. Shady bastards.[/QUOTE]

Blame the liquidation company. They bought all of the in-store product w/the intention of literally squeezing every penny out of every piece of merchandise that they possibly could. This is standard for any company going out of business.

Yeah, the liquidation companies are the problem, they want to squeeze every penny out of every store that is closing, that is a standard for all stores, not just media play.

If its not gonna sell at 8.99 then you pretty much gotta assume its not gonna sell at all (unless its like 2$) which was the case with some of the games at our media play store, they were sitting on the shelf for a week or 2 for 8.99.

The point is the stuff is still gonna have to get cheaper to clean out the stores, all those 50$ games that are left are not gonna sell even at 60% off.

My nearest Media Play is completely cleaned out. All that was really left were all the poor condition used games, a pile of random second-rate titles, and thirty copies of that 50 Cent game.

My local MP sealed all of the used games and marked them as if they were brand new. It inspired me never to go back ever again. RIP Media Play.

CDs are now 70%
DVDs are 60%
Toys are still 70%
Games are 60%

Stores close on Saturday. No word on whether there will be another drop. (Maybe Friday)

There wasn't much left at the Cincinnati Mills location, but I was able to pick up the soundtracks for Perfect Dark Zero, Conker, and Kameo for $13 total. Not too bad.

I went by today and grabbed a Chun-Li Stret Fighter Anniversary controller for $5.62, PS2 Killer 7 for $12 and a guide for Viewtiful Joe for $0.44

I have a picture from my cell phone of some 44¢ guides. I'll post it up tommorow so everyone can check it out. While there was nothing too special, I'm sure if there is an older game that you still want to play, the guides would help.

I went there (for the first time ever) and it seems as though their games never had price reductions in the first place. Bloodyrane 2 (Xbox) was $39.99. Spider-man 2 for DS was $29.99. They might of had good deals at one point but the place I visited was raped. If someone wants a copy of Batman: Dark Tomorrow for $50, PM and I will drive back down there.

If your going to the niagara falls location for guides dont even bother

They are running a special on guides 2 for 5$ however if they scan up in the register cheaper they WILL remark the guides for 2.50 each, so dont bother trying to get any guides off this location.

I tried to get the viewtiful joe and i-ninja guides mentioned for other people here in case they wanted them, but i was told they HAVE to mark them back up to 2.50 in the register since the price in the register was an "incorrect" price.

However if your going to the niagara falls location for anime/cd's or games there are still some left, especially for ps2 and xbox.

The other specials were:

No dvd over 11.99

No game over 19.99

No CD over 5.99

Boxed sets excluded from all these deals.

Also a sign for last 2 days was posted on the door so i am wondering if the last day is tomorrow or saturday, i will probably stop by both days to see if there are any further discounts as there are still a few anime cd's i am after.

[quote name='Drahken']They take the price off at the register they didn't bother remarking them all.[/QUOTE]

Well, I realize they are taking another 60% off at the register but that still isn't a deal since their $50 games go for $20 most places. There might have been deals at the one near me at one point in time, but not when I was there.

^And they are auctioning the Master Chief statue near me too. However, his legs are broken and he is about to topple over.

I was thinking about buying a few of the store fixtures at the store near me and I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me:

Do they individual stores have any wiggle room on the price? I was hoping I could go in there on the last day and try to talk them down from the $125 they want for some of thier games displays.

What are they going to do with all of the shelving once the store closes? Are they just going to throw them away, or will the liquidation company keep them and try to sell them somewhere else.

It probably varies from store to store, but I figured I would ask anyway.

I bought one of the glass cases they kept dvd box sets in for 25$. I'd like to get more, and they were 100$ a piece at another media play. I'm pretty sure they'll be willing to deal Saturday night.

Otherwise they'll probably have to pack them up and auction them elsewhere. I'd go in on Saturday, ready to pick it up, and offer them what you'd pay. Tell them you'll take it right there and then.

The signs outside my media play said no reasonable offer refused on fixtures and furniture, i dont know how much wiggle room there would be though. The furniture seemed quite overpriced here as it was 75$ for a small shelf.

I want to know what they are going to do with all the unsold items, there will definitly be some unsold items in this store, as the prices are just too high and nothing is selling right now, if they cant sell it now they probably wont sell it at all. Unless they drop everything to 90% off on the last day, which would be really nice.

Any word on further percentage increase in these last few day? I would be willing to drive the hour for 80% off...

[quote name='rywateska']Quick question... Media Play is open on Saturday, right?[/QUOTE]
Yes, that is supposed to be the last day they will be open.

At this point even if they increase the % off more, what's worth getting is long gone, unless you're looking for guides, which I picked up Viewtiful Joe and PN 03 at 2 for 5. Magazines are 2 for $1, so I picked up an issue of Shonen Jump.

I may stop tomorrow after work....hopefully they bump it a bit more. I might actually buy a UMB if they are cheap enough....I figure $5 might be worth it. They probably will have nothing left as of DVD's...it was pretty picked over.

The Gratiot store had TWO Halo statues...but one was beat to hell. I think it was up to $350 or so thoughh.

In areas where there are multiple stores everything that is left over after Saturday will be consolidated to one store for one final week to try to burn the rest of it off. I would definitely expect another % increase next week if there isn't one tomorrow or Saturday.

Thanks Drensch and SaraAB! I am going by Media Play today to make my offers. I went there last night and all fixtures are now 50% off, so I might end up with two large structures that I wont have room for until I move some stuff around.

[quote name='SaraAB']Can someone try to find out if there is a price drop either today or tomorrow, thanks![/QUOTE]

there was one today in my store, everything a minimum of 70% off, of course everything good was gone. If i knew there was a drop I would have gone earlier in the day. Games were 80% off if you bought 3 or more, movies 80% off if u bought 5 or more, strat guides were a buck, mags were 3 for $1, cds 80% off (only good thing i found was thoughts of a predicate felon). And get this, someone bought the XBox display stand (that used to house an xbox and television for $400, despite the fact that there was no xbox or tv anymore, the gamecube one also went for $400).

bread's done
Back