Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

[quote name='OGHowie']Does the LE game have Not for Resale on the back?[/quote]​
yeah i read somewhere it says not for resale on the gamebox

[quote name='cheaphuck']Congrats but maybe its just the way the pictures came out but I think the regular black looks much better.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's the flash, because it looks brighter than all the other pics I've seen.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I really like what they did to occupy your time between the first and second acts.
The interactive cutscene where you can see what Sunny's doing upstairs and what Snake and Otacon are doing below and being able to take the Mk. II around and collect some items that are around. Plus, Sunny's playing a PSP game, some 2D F-Zero-style racer that I couldn't really recognize.
[/quote]

[quote name='62t']how would that be prefect? You have to wait longer for the game to start.[/quote]

Yeah that cutscene was pretty neat. I really liked how they did that.

It would be perfect because PS3 has its' biggest game ever and we finally get some of Sony's promises at the same time. To me it would have seemed like a good idea to launch both at the same time.

[quote name='OGHowie']Maybe it's the flash, because it looks brighter than all the other pics I've seen.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a bright room and the flash is definite making it look a bit brighter. It's really a bit darker and greener in actuality.

Weapons are sold to Drebin automatically from what I understand.

EDIT: In Act 2...
if you move your camera into the grass you can hear it rustling up against it. Awesome detail.

[quote name='seanr1221']How do I sell weapons to Drebin

and

Can I pause cutscenes?[/quote]

If you pick up a weapon you already have it gets sold automatically.

Yes you can pause a cutscene. When you press start, it will ask you to continue or skip it.

Alright time to get ready to play.

Oh and what the fuck is with the smell of the Dualshock 3. I opened the package and it was one of the most foul things I've smelled.

[quote name='Razzuel']Alright time to get ready to play.

Oh and what the fuck is with the smell of the Dualshock 3. I opened the package and it was one of the most foul things I've smelled.[/quote]

i say u return urs, mine smells like... plastic and i even ordered it over seas back in dec.

[quote name='Furashu']i say u return urs, mine smells like... plastic and i even ordered it over seas back in dec.[/quote]

Haha, I don't know. It's just this really weird plastic smell.

[quote name='ivanctorres']What's the consensus? LE worth the extra money?[/quote]

Can't say. I'm a huge Metal Gear nut (bought the Essentials, even though I already owned the games), so the extra $25 didn't seem like a big deal to me. For a casual fan, though, I could see it being a letdown. I mean, at the very least, it should have been a Steelbook case or something.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Can't say. I'm a huge Metal Gear nut (bought the Essentials, even though I already owned the games), so the extra $25 didn't seem like a big deal to me. For a casual fan, though, I could see it being a letdown. I mean, at the very least, it should have been a Steelbook case or something.[/quote]

Yeah I'm a huge fan so I can't say it wasn't worth it. I actually like the box b/c I was thinking it was some cheap cardboard box I'd have to store someplace else, but it actually comes apart nicely so I can store the game case in it no problem and leave it with my game collection. woop woop!

Does anyone know how to search for items on the enemies you hold up? The manual says "press triangle" but every time I've done it I enter first person mode instead.

So is the MGS4 PS3 bundle hard too find for most?

I just bought the game at my local best buy and they had at least 10 in a stack.

I plan to just play my way through the first time, and second playthrough get the easter eggs or collectibles or whatever. i don't read manuals, is there a similar something to collect as in dog tags in MGS2 or animal charting in 3?

[quote name='seanr1221']Thanks Psy, I didnt wanna hit start and have it skip on me :)[/quote]

Heh no prob. I made sure and checked on the 1st chance I got when I played it last night/morning.

[quote name='ivanctorres']Is the MGS4 LE gamestop exclusive really limited?
I'm thinking of cancelling and just getting a regular copy.[/quote]

or you could get it, sell it on ebay and get yourself a couple MGS4 regulars lol

Crazy to finally have this game in my hands. I actually like the LE box as compared to the LE box for Subsistence.

A handful of my friends from work had no idea the game came out today. It was nice seeing them excited and they all went out during their lunches and picked the game up.

Also did people trying to price match the $100 gift card (MGS4 Bundle) hold up anyone else's lines at various retail stores. So many people were trying to do this at my local BB, all of us almost left.

Price match, not deal match.

I checked the last few pages so forgive me if I missed this but was there not supposed to be an art book included when you pick up the LE version of the game? My clerk had no idea what I was talking about and it wasn't because she was trying to keep promos for herself, she genuinely had no clue and offered to give me a Saga 2.0 DVD.

[quote name='asianxcore']Crazy to finally have this game in my hands. I actually like the LE box as compared to the LE box for Subsistence.

A handful of my friends from work had no idea the game came out today. It was nice seeing them excited and they all went out during their lunches and picked the game up.

Also did people trying to price match the $100 gift card (MGS4 Bundle) hold up anyone else's lines at various retail stores. So many people were trying to do this at my local BB, all of us almost left.

Price match, not deal match.[/quote]

Actually, there's a thread in the deals forum about BB matching the $100 gift card. It was confirmed with corporate, from what I read.

[quote name='Kendro']I checked the last few pages so forgive me if I missed this but was there not supposed to be an art book included when you pick up the LE version of the game? My clerk had no idea what I was talking about and it wasn't because she was trying to keep promos for herself, she genuinely had no clue and offered to give me a Saga 2.0 DVD.[/quote]

They had a whole stack of artbooks at my GS. I'm surprised yours had Saga DVDs left, though. I never got one :(

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']well, I'm on the last chapter... been hell of a ride.[/quote]

Are you serious? To anyone that has played it. Does it live up to the hype, and how well does it play? Does it lag here, and there?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']well, I'm on the last chapter... been hell of a ride.[/QUOTE]

How many gameplay hours have you racked up?
Also, you're one crazy $$$$a :lol:

Has anybody played the online. I keep getting disconnected. And looks like nobody has made a clan, any clan at all, which I find suspect. Also is it me or are there more maps than five, cause that would be really lame to only have five maps.

I'm new to Metal Gear Solid. I've never played any of the games, but have always been interested in trying them. I really want to pick this up, but I have a question before hand. How important is it to play the other 3 before this one? Does the story continue from game to game (I assume it does)?

Thongsy: You must be way behind in your MGO info. Clans can only be made by people of level 2 or higher and the MGO Starter Pack's five maps have been public info for a while now. I'll be playing MGO a bit and making the CAG Clan, though I'll create a separate thread for that.

farley: It does rely heavily on at lest being familiar with the other games' stories, though if you don't want to play them first, you can find retrospectives at GameTrailers and other places that'll get you up to speed quickly.

[quote name='farley91']I'm new to Metal Gear Solid. I've never played any of the games, but have always been interested in trying them. I really want to pick this up, but I have a question before hand. How important is it to play the other 3 before this one? Does the story continue from game to game (I assume it does)?[/quote]

Yes, the story continues, and you'll be missing out on a lot by jumping right into it, unfortunately. Not only will the story be hard to follow, but you won't get certain inside jokes or callbacks, which to me have always enhanced the experience.

Fortunately, you could always pick up the MGS: Essentials for $30, if you have a BC PS3 or a PS2. It has Metal Gear Solid, MGS2: Sons of Liberty, and MGS3: Snake Eater in one boxset. The only main story games you would be missing then are Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. Fortunately, the first two MG games are old and not the epics the MGS games are, so it would suffice to read the summaries that are included in the first Metal Gear Solid. As for Portable Ops, you could always read a summary online.

Finished Act 2. Holy shit at the
Vamp/Raiden fight. Using his capoera to swing two of the metal gear cows like they were weightless.

I liked the
return to the Snake Eater-esque style of gameplay for Act 2.

bread's done
Back