Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

Depending on the stage, you can still see snake's shadow a little or his breath (if it's cold). If you try really hard then you can kinda see snake also if he's decently camouflaged, but it's really hard.

Edit: There's dust when he crawls.

Edit2: Smoke from tranquilizer guns.

Yeah, I haven't been on MGO in a few days, though Rock should still be able to do invites, shouldn't he? I'll get on a little later on tonight after the maintenance is done and fix that.

[quote name='suko_32']Depending on the stage, you can still see snake's shadow a little or his breath (if it's cold). If you try really hard then you can kinda see snake also if he's decently camouflaged, but it's really hard.

Edit: There's dust when he crawls.

Edit2: Smoke from tranquilizer guns.[/quote]

I wasn't crawling and I hadn't fired the gun yet. It was the new map with the tall buildings, I forget the name.

I don't tend to have a hard time spotting Snake because most people aren't that careful, I think I have 32 Snake kills.

[quote name='espy605']I wasn't crawling and I hadn't fired the gun yet. It was the new map with the tall buildings, I forget the name.

I don't tend to have a hard time spotting Snake because most people aren't that careful, I think I have 32 Snake kills.[/QUOTE]

Then I have no clue how they found you :whistle2:(

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, I haven't been on MGO in a few days, though Rock should still be able to do invites, shouldn't he? I'll get on a little later on tonight after the maintenance is done and fix that.[/quote]

Sorry Frisky, once I gave you the leader role I quit the clan.

Snake Bake Cake!! lol!!

http://kotaku.com/5019066/see-snake-bake-a-cake

sum guy on ebay jus sold a signed LE... $558!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280237490726&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

that price is way more than what it cost me for the game, gas, food, and hotel when I got mine signed!!

2581039833_96560ab2c7.jpg

o yeay! get jealous!!

So i was just wondering if there was a way that i could go back and watch a cutscene. I accidentally skipped a phone conversation with Jack (right after the boss fight) and wanna know what i missed. honestly this story is so good im thinking of cutting it off and playing the boss fight all over again just to make sure i didn't miss anything

[quote name='Bavgate']That room was awesome (except for that one guy that wanted to kick me for no reason. Maybe he got pissed because I was Snake twice in a row?).[/quote]

Yea, no idea what was up with that guy. The other day some ass kept trying to boot me, than another guy tried to boot me, it was a normal TDM and I wasn't even doing all that good either. There is no option for making the same player Snake if he wins, I'll check again just in case. I thought if you won you get to be Snake again, guess not. They need to bring back the old Sneaking, I like that much more.

[quote name='Thongsy']Yea, no idea what was up with that guy. The other day some ass kept trying to boot me, than another guy tried to boot me, it was a normal TDM and I wasn't even doing all that good either. There is no option for making the same player Snake if he wins, I'll check again just in case. I thought if you won you get to be Snake again, guess not. They need to bring back the old Sneaking, I like that much more.[/QUOTE]

Snake has the Microfilm! :)

[quote name='Thongsy']Yea, no idea what was up with that guy. The other day some ass kept trying to boot me, than another guy tried to boot me, it was a normal TDM and I wasn't even doing all that good either. There is no option for making the same player Snake if he wins, I'll check again just in case. I thought if you won you get to be Snake again, guess not. They need to bring back the old Sneaking, I like that much more.[/quote]

Is that where you have everyone versus Snake? We can do that by having it be mandatory everyone join the same team for sneaking games.

I played a few sneaking games where we put everyone on one team and they were a lot of fun. Of course, we only had a couple people, but I think the mode really does improve with everyone working together, especially with SOP.

[quote name='metaly']I played a few sneaking games where we put everyone on one team and they were a lot of fun. Of course, we only had a couple people, but I think the mode really does improve with everyone working together, especially with SOP.[/quote]

Yea, I want to try that, cause all the current Sneaking mode is, a TDM with Snake as an unknown and with 14 people against him in a full game, he rarely ever has a chance to win or do anything since there is always someone nearby. I want to try that all vs Snake, but it needs at cap at like five people or so, like four vs Snake.

[quote name='Thongsy']Yea, I want to try that, cause all the current Sneaking mode is, a TDM with Snake as an unknown and with 14 people against him in a full game, he rarely ever has a chance to win or do anything since there is always someone nearby. I want to try that all vs Snake, but it needs at cap at like five people or so, like four vs Snake.[/quote]

How exactly did Snake hide in the old MGO? Did he use MGS3' camou system? I can't see that being practical if you can't pause.

Anyone notice that when Snake collects a dogtag, a dogtag icon appears in the radar on the upper right letting you know where he is?

in the original MGO, Snake had:
-A lot more health
-More power in terms of damage
-Stealth (I think it ran on batteries so not infinite)
-A lot of equipment, and I mean a lot

[quote name='espy605']How exactly did Snake hide in the old MGO? Did he use MGS3' camou system? I can't see that being practical if you can't pause.[/quote]

If I remember correctly, he was just plainly visible the entire time, with no camo-induced transparency or anything. He could equip stealth camo but it had a short battery life, plus if you looked carefully you could still see the visual distortion and occasional electricity. I'm much more impressed with how they translate the camo effects in this version.

[quote name='metaly']If I remember correctly, he was just plainly visible the entire time, with no camo-induced transparency or anything. He could equip stealth camo but it had a short battery life, plus if you looked carefully you could still see the visual distortion and occasional electricity. I'm much more impressed with how they translate the camo effects in this version.[/quote]

The camo is better in this one, but I loved the old Sneaking. I got pretty good at it, maybe that's why I love the old one. Sneaking pass the idiot who would pick up the flamethrower and just spin around in circle, sneaking pass the two or three guys who would try to get me at my spawn point and getting pass the rest who would guard the microfilm and the goal.

Also in the new Sneak, not even when he collects a dogtag, even if he knows a guy out on your own team, there will be like a mark that shows up and so you'll know the general location of where he's at. Sneaking is fun if there isn't too many people, but a full game just turns into TDM since people are obsessed with getting the kill instead of stopping Snake.

[quote name='metaly']If I remember correctly, he was just plainly visible the entire time, with no camo-induced transparency or anything. He could equip stealth camo but it had a short battery life, plus if you looked carefully you could still see the visual distortion and occasional electricity. I'm much more impressed with how they translate the camo effects in this version.[/quote]

I was reading through the guide, and it says there's supposed to be a "team sneak" multiplayer mode where one team has stealth camou and the other team doesn't. I don't know the objective of the mode (TDM? Rescue?) but I guess it isn't available in our version (yet).

The old sneak sounds cool though. So how did Snake sneak around in that one if he was so easy to spot? Just try to hide when he sees people approach? Other than equipment what were his main advantages?

I believe there were to Microfilm locations and two goals, maybe there was only one goal. He had to learn how to manage the camo and when to use the chaff. But once he got the microfilm it became an all out run to the goal before everybody could get you. It was also short, took only a 2-3 minutes per round and gave most people a chance to play as Snake and a break from deathmatches all the time.

Yeah, two goals and if Snake wins then the Snake player goes again. Whoever kills Snake would be the next Snake.

Hey, bigdaddybruce44. I'm now 99% sure I've played with you in the first MGO. Anyway, just wondering if you went on gamefaq's MGO thread during that time.

Hey, bigdaddybruce44. I'm now 99% sure I've played with you in the first MGO. Anyway, just wondering if you went on gamefaq's MGO thread during that time.

[quote name='Thongsy']I believe there were to Microfilm locations and two goals, maybe there was only one goal. He had to learn how to manage the camo and when to use the chaff. But once he got the microfilm it became an all out run to the goal before everybody could get you. It was also short, took only a 2-3 minutes per round and gave most people a chance to play as Snake and a break from deathmatches all the time.[/quote]

That's pretty much how I remember it. I would throw some chaffs at the beginning and then switch to stealth when I had to move in the open. Then it degenerated into a mad dash because you could see one of the microfilms moving on the minimap once Snake picked it up.

Some of the maps in the original were really ill-suited for this, Svatogornyj (?) in particular since a large part of that was just an open area with no cover. Somehow Snake still won quite often, I think because everyone I played with was really uncoordinated. (If you think not enough PS3 users own headsets, think about how it was on the PS2.)

yeah it was the codec. and i thought that if i pressed start like in a cutscene it would pause it, but instead it just ended it. which sucks. oh well guess i'll just keep playing

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']to be honest, I don't think you missed anything too much if it's a codec conversation during act 2 other than revealing Jack is in the same area as snake.[/quote]

yeah thats what i was thinking, its the one after the laughing octopus battle, i already know hes in the area. so i just said screw it and kept on going.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']to be honest, I don't think you missed anything too much if it's a codec conversation during act 2 other than revealing
Jack is in the same area as snake.
[/quote]

Fixed.

[quote name='suko_32']Hey, bigdaddybruce44. I'm now 99% sure I've played with you in the first MGO. Anyway, just wondering if you went on gamefaq's MGO thread during that time.[/quote]

Yes, I'm a regular visitor to GF, though, I usually only check out the PC Hardware board. I use to check in on the Subsistence board, too. I'm CodeNamePlasmaSnake over there.

[quote name='metaly']Somehow Snake still won quite often, I think because everyone I played with was really uncoordinated. (If you think not enough PS3 users own headsets, think about how it was on the PS2.)[/quote]

Yeah, almost no one had headsets back on the PS2. I picked one up, though, and boy, did it ever help. Me and this other guy I met on there would destroy people, simply because we could talk to each other.

Personally, I think that MGS4 Purposely highlights a new save slot each time just for this reason. everytime I saved it was on a new slot. Now I can go back in time and play each level or cutscene basically. I've got like 50 game saves. the beauty of 60 gigs of HD.

[quote name='JEKKI']Snake Bake Cake!! lol!!

http://kotaku.com/5019066/see-snake-bake-a-cake

sum guy on ebay jus sold a signed LE... $558!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280237490726&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

that price is way more than what it cost me for the game, gas, food, and hotel when I got mine signed!!

2581039833_96560ab2c7.jpg

o yeay! get jealous!![/QUOTE]

fuckKKK!!!!! Now I'm really kicking myself for missing the Uniqlo NyC signing! It was just 3 blocks from my house! I just got the LE at gamestop that morning. The Uniqlo event wasn't chaotic. I was free! UGHHH!

[quote name='Bavgate']Finally! Runner Lvl. 3! :D

Now I can finally stay toe-to-toe with espy in Capture. :lol:[/quote]

Ha. Getting the other team's flag is more fun anyway.

I really hope they come out with a fix for recovery of the Mark II in the Sneaking Mission. Seriously, 4 minutes and I can't recover? That's ridiculous. And I'm like near breaking my DS3's left analog stick trying to revive it. I got like 30 points as it too before I got KO'd.

how does Snake with the camo on look like from an outside player in this mgo? Does he actually kind of look blended into the environment?

and Jekki I tried to get my regular copy signed, but hideo and folks left the building almost right on the dot at the Metreon :( I was inside the Metreon looking through the PS store window, and I saw people cleaning things up lol. 2 hours of waitin for nothin! It's weird in the first hour and a half or so, the line barely budged for like 10-15 minutes at a time, then in the last half hour, the line started moving constantly.... -_-
They were still signing right as I passed the window that was right behind them too. oh well...at least the game is fun...

Too bad Yumi didn't sign with silver or something brighter. Kinda hard to tell against the dark part of the case lol

Jack's conversation after the octopussy battle
basically starts out as asking Snake if he's lost Naomi. He asks Snake to go track her down. Snake says "Well shit, I'm not Big boss man, I don't do tracking it's not my strong suit." Jack says some spiritual stuff like listen to your surroundings/nature, and just freakin do it. And so you do.

That's basically the gist of what happened.

They really gotta get an update out to add a theater though. This game is absolutely screaming for one. So much information to process at one time, and it's tedious to save at every point and play through up to the cutscenes everytime, exit, load up the next save, and do the same for all of the many cutscenes.

[quote name='imascrub']how does Snake with the camo on look like from an outside player in this mgo? Does he actually kind of look blended into the environment?[/quote]

Snake can be clearly seen at times, and damn near invisible at other times. You can see his breathing in a dark area if you look close enough. With this sneaking, Snake usually has to camp to win, so he's almost a non-factor in most Sneaking games as both teams are too busy trying to kill each other than look to stop him.

how would you say the single player's camo rating translates over to online?

around 85-90% is near invisible? Is 60-70% like half invis, half clearly visible?

[quote name='Bavgate']Finally! Runner Lvl. 3! :D

Now I can finally stay toe-to-toe with espy in Capture. :lol:[/quote]

Played a match with you last night. Thank you for being the only person on the team playing the game like a capture game and not team death match.

Sadly I'm still adjusting to the fact that there's an automatic sniper gun. So I wasn't much help. :cry:

[quote name='Kanik']Played a match with you last night. Thank you for being the only person on the team playing the game like a capture game and not team death match.

Sadly I'm still adjusting to the fact that there's an automatic sniper gun. So I wasn't much help. :cry:[/QUOTE]

on, non-drebin pts games, is the autosnipe a gun you can pick? And is there anyway to prevent people from using that thing if you host? I is just pissing me off so much, I try to use an m4 with the scope attached just so I can get those people that use the autosnipe, but it just doesn't work as good.

I am thoroughly surprised there was no boss mode, no theater mode, no way to check on your emblems without loading a save file..none of that. There has to be some of that coming sometime.

Having to load up a mission briefing to check miscellaneous stats is pretty annoying too, since sometimes they'll cut in and out of non-interactive scenes

bread's done
Back