Micro Center LIVE Point Cards 9.19.2009.

wild homes

CAGiversary!
Micro Center is selling Microsoft's 1600 LIVE points cards for $9.99, and the 4000 LIVE points cards for $39.99... I purchased three of the 4000 point cards today, and the cashier _did_ have to get authorisation from his supervisor (apparently they weren't ringing up correctly and had to be adjusted) but all the items DO have sku-correct price tags on them for the above prices and it was confirmed to me that it was not an error. This was at the Houston location.

If this is a repost, I apologise. I don't have time to search it up properly at the moment, on my way out the door.

EDIT: If you are looking to buy or sell these codes, we now have a thread for just that purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bzchanboy']Are the cards physically marked on the cards? or is signage where the cards are being sold? just wondering. thanks[/QUOTE]
The cards were physically marked with $9.99 and $19.99 stickers on them in my store (Marietta, GA).

[quote name='RBH']The cards were physically marked with $9.99 and $19.99 stickers on them in my store (Marietta, GA).[/QUOTE]

Manage to snag any extra 4000s?

Well add me to the list of beggars. I went to the Tustin, CA store. All cleaned out by someone from here. The guy asked me where I heard of the deal, I just said my friend told me. He said the guy who bought them all was from here. So if you got any extra perhaps throw just one my way, at a mark-up of course.

[quote name='polishpride212']If anyone is interested, I picked up two extra 1600. Will sell for $5, paypal only[/QUOTE]

And the scalping begins...

i wish this waS advertised on their website like the beatles rockband, id PM the sh out of it at BB then help some of the CAG'S on here. i have a xbox live 1 month i trade for a point 1600 card if possible, if not il be giving it away to one of the veteran CAG'S here because they look out for us.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Well add me to the list of beggars. I went to the Tustin, CA store. All cleaned out by someone from here. The guy asked me where I heard of the deal, I just said my friend told me. He said the guy who bought them all was from here. So if you got any extra perhaps throw just one my way, at a mark-up of course.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up, saved me a trip.

[quote name='Xerxes']That blows about the Houston store. Could have used a 4000 card.[/QUOTE]

Yep .. went out this morning around noon time .. cleaned out .. no rainchecks either .. BAH!! :D

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Well add me to the list of beggars. I went to the Tustin, CA store. All cleaned out by someone from here. The guy asked me where I heard of the deal, I just said my friend told me. He said the guy who bought them all was from here. So if you got any extra perhaps throw just one my way, at a mark-up of course.[/QUOTE]

I got 3 1600pts cards there, left all the 4000pts cards since they were marked at $50...I regret not asking, I bet they were $20 if they were all gone.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I got 3 1600pts cards there, left all the 4000pts cards since they were marked at $50...I regret not asking, I bet they were $20 if they were all gone.[/QUOTE]

too bad, they were all gone and were $20 he said. So it wasn't you because the guy cleaned those out he said.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I got 3 1600pts cards there, left all the 4000pts cards since they were marked at $50...I regret not asking, I bet they were $20 if they were all gone.[/QUOTE]

We regret you not asking also... heh

man, after I left I thought to myself ehh, saved me from spending money on points I would never use. But now I want them more than ever, and the only thing I can see myself buying would be shadow complex. Ahh, we always want what we cant have.

MicroCenter in St. Louis Park (Minneapolis), MN were sold out, but if they had them they would have been...
4000 - $39.99
1600 - $12.99

EDIT: The guy helping me said someone came in earlier asking about em too, but they were sold out then too.

can anyone get two extra 1600 pt cards? i'll gladly paypal asap. i'd love to stock up to get my dad future beatles albums DLC.

I just tried the Columbus, OH store. No 1600 point cards in stock & about 4 4000 point cards priced @ $40.00. Not enough of a discount for me to bite on them. Sales clerk knew nothing about a cheaper price, but did say the computer showed they had 5 1600 point cards recently & now they were all gone. Maybe someone got lucky ealier at this store?

[quote name='resonantcowboy']Store in Paterson, NJ had 1600 point cards for 12.99. I picked up four, and there were still a bunch left.[/QUOTE]

I was there right after they opened up (11:30), and picked up 4. The guy had no clue of the deal. He entered the UPC and it came up for $13.

I called my store in Westmont Illinois and talked to the guy on the phone. He told me that they were on sale all weekend but they weren't on sale today anymore. I didnt want to ask the guy to scan the point cards but i wasnt sure if anyone else encountered this problem. I might stop in there tomorrow but do you guys think this sale could of only been 2 days?

[quote name='KaneRobot']I'm in line at the Michogan store right now. No 4000s left but I got two of the 1600s for 9.99. As soon as I waslked away the asshole took them ALL off the shelf and walked to the back. Don't know why but that's probably not a good sign. They did have to manually override the price to 9.99.[/QUOTE]

lucky that I went early then lol
i cleaned their 4000pt card selection (only 3 tho)
but crappy to hear that they took them down

oh, and thank you OP very much for putting this deal out

As of 2PM, the Cincinnati/Sharonville location had:
1600 pt = $9.99
4000 pt = $19.99

I picked up two 4000 pointers using the $50 gift card from my 360 purchase a few weeks ago. As stated by others, they rang up differently than the price stickers. A manager had to override the price; $39.99 -> $19.99.

I saw at least one (1) 4000 point card left, and too many 1600 point cards to count.

No, I didn't buy extras. I want local CAGers to have a crack at them.

I went to the same store, they told me that the sale ended as of last night.... I asked him to scan them; he told me that they were changing the pricing, and that he couldnt scan them....what a bunch of BS...

Just got back from the Dallas location. They had six 1600 point cards; I bought five. Still one if anyone is in the neighborhood. It's behind the counter on one of the bottom left pegs.

They rang up at $12.99, but I had the girl sell them to me for $9.99 since that's the price they're marked at.

[quote name='resonantcowboy']Store in Paterson, NJ had 1600 point cards for 12.99. I picked up four, and there were still a bunch left.[/QUOTE]

did they have any 4000 point cards?

il do 30 dollars for a 4000 ms pts. i dont know how much a reasonable price for a 1600 ms pts. let me know, il pay asap on paypal, i used to sell my college books on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
yep the cincy location is sold out...was able to pick up 2 4kpts this morning, called in. Not a bad deal..wonder if theyll have more in at that price

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I managed the last 3 1600's but the 4000 cards were already sold out at the Marietta location.[/QUOTE]

How much were they going for at Marietta? I figure Duluth may have the same thing going on.

My fiance and I picked up the last of them in the Cincinnati location. (One) 4000 point card and (two) 1600 point cards. They rang up at a higher price, but the stickers said $20 and $10. The manager lowered it to the stickered price. He said that they have been ringing up at that price all day.

Awesome deal. Thanks OP!!!

BTW for those who don't know about Micro Center, here is a location list:
Santa Clara, CA
Tustin/Irvine, CA
Denver, CO
Duluth/Gwinnett, GA
Marietta, GA
Chicago, IL
Westmont, IL
Overland Park, KS
Rockville, MD
Cambridge, MA
Madison Heights, MI
St. Louis Park, MN
North Jersey, NJ
Long Island, NY
Cleveland, OH
Cincinnati, OH
Columbus, OH
St. Davids, PA
Dallas, TX
Houston, TX
Fairfax, VA

Had an incredibly frustrating experience at the Overland Park, KS store. I am almost at the point of writing corporate a letter. I called before I left and they said they had 37 cards left (1600 pt) so I headed over there only to find that they were off the shelf. I asked if they had any more and they said they had 9 left in inventory. They told me if I wanted to wait around then they would bring them out to me at the customer service counter. After I waited there for literally an hour, he said that they would call me when they found them. He also mentioned subtly that the manager had something more important to attend to so he would have to get back to me (Again, I had been standing there for an hour). Now, I live a good 45 minutes from Micro Center so I asked if they would be willing to price adjust ONE 4000 point card to offer the same discount as buying 3 of the 1600 point cards (4000 point cards were $40, 1600 point cards were $13). Instead, they printed out a sheet with the inventory count and the price of the cards and told me to go over to Best Buy. I decided since I had already invested so much time into it that I would try, and of course I got denied when I showed them the sheet and told them they could call. Pretty much, the Best Buy rep said she couldn't care less what Micro Center said.

In summary, I lost two hours and was pretty much tossed around.

jon i would just file a complaint, you get free sh stuff and also the satisfaction of making a wrong "right". show those dam idiots at micro center, sorry to hear. i been there with best buy. but best buy was nice to make it right.

Went to the Cambridge store earlier today. Cleaned out.

When I first walked in there was someone asking about them but all gone. I decided to walk around a but since I hadn't been in there in a few years - last time was when my buddy bought a 360 with the 100 dollar mail in rebate.

So when I'm walking around another guy asks so of course I listen up just to see if maybe the first guy was wrong. Nope still gone - and right after that two more guys walk up and ask.

Hot commodity I guess.

[quote name='Ionotropic']How much were they going for at Marietta? I figure Duluth may have the same thing going on.[/QUOTE]
They rang up as $12, but were adjusted to $9.

bread's done
Back