Micro Center LIVE Point Cards 9.19.2009.

wild homes

CAGiversary!
Micro Center is selling Microsoft's 1600 LIVE points cards for $9.99, and the 4000 LIVE points cards for $39.99... I purchased three of the 4000 point cards today, and the cashier _did_ have to get authorisation from his supervisor (apparently they weren't ringing up correctly and had to be adjusted) but all the items DO have sku-correct price tags on them for the above prices and it was confirmed to me that it was not an error. This was at the Houston location.

If this is a repost, I apologise. I don't have time to search it up properly at the moment, on my way out the door.

EDIT: If you are looking to buy or sell these codes, we now have a thread for just that purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tustin/Orange store had 4 "1600 point" cards as of 2:00pm today. I picked up one and left the rest.

The cards are marked at 24.99 but it did ring up at 12.99.

I didn't find any "4000 point" cards.

Just checked my local one (Fairfax VA), and they did have some of the 4000 point cards in stock, but not as much of a savings as I had hoped. $39.99 instead of $49.99 (well, they were MARKED as $59.99, but that's just wrong). I made the trip, and figured I'd get one, anyway. There were at least 2 more, though, if any other CAGers in the area are interested.

The Micro Center in Santa Clara, CA had a bunch of 3 month cards for 8 bucks (the ones with orange cases and silver cards). They rang up as 10 bucks at first, but when I showed them the sticker price the manager changed the price. I got four of them for around 33 bucks. The cards are already past their "expiration" date, but they still work. They're still cleaned out of microsoft points though...

[quote name='VipFREAK']Were the points cards on sale though? Bet they weren't.[/QUOTE]
I didn't ask. I should've :bomb:

[quote name='Mospeada_21']wonder if they offered rainchecks on these items.[/QUOTE]
I have asked for rain-checks before and on advertised sales- it's YMMV; I am very doubtful they would give one on this.

UPDATE:

As of today, Oct 2nd, the Columbus, OH Bethel Rd Location has 4 boxes of 1600pt cards in.

The manager, who is actually a pretty cool guy, said he would call me as soon as more came in, and i got a call today saying he had 4 boxes shipped in.

I managed to purchase 10 of these cards, if anyone would like to buy them, i would offer them for 16 gifted paypal each. I know some of you cant make it to a Microcenter, so im willing to help out.

(Also note, all the cards in these boxes are labeled as 'expired' , but these cards will work)

EDIT : I have 5 cards left

[quote name='RLeav20717']UPDATE:

As of today, Oct 2nd, the Columbus, OH Bethel Rd Location has 4 boxes of 1600pt cards in.

The manager, who is actually a pretty cool guy, said he would call me as soon as more came in, and i got a call today saying he had 4 boxes shipped in.

I managed to purchase 10 of these cards, if anyone would like to buy them, i would offer them for 16 gifted paypal each. I know some of you cant make it to a Microcenter, so im willing to help out.

(Also note, all the cards in these boxes are labeled as 'expired' , but these cards will work)[/QUOTE]

Did you get them for the $9.99 price or the $12.99?

12.99, i asked him about overriding it to 9.99 but he said he'll pass. haha. I wouldve just passed the savings on to you guys :p

On 9-30 I asked about theses at a store and they said they were all out cause of the "awesome deal" and they said that the sale was over.

I know there was a post on here about these cards a few weeks ago but I cannot find it for the life of me.

At the Boston/Cambridge Mass Microcenter there was at least 100 of the 1600 Xbox Live points cards all marked $12.99.

Lowest price on Amazon is $18~, so these are a great deal for anyone looking to pickup some GH/RB songs or arcade games.

I have only been to this MC so I can't confirm it anywhere else.

[quote name='MrChan']damn they're still 13 bucks?[/QUOTE]

At my store they were. They were marked 12.99 on the package and it rang up 12.99 without the cashier doing anything.

Probably out of stock again. The Santa Clara, CA Microcenter had a rush of buyers last time. They were sold out by noon.

Maybe if they offered rainchecks.....hmmm?

[quote name='Mospeada_21']Probably out of stock again. The Santa Clara, CA Microcenter had a rush of buyers last time. They were sold out by noon.

Maybe if they offered rainchecks.....hmmm?[/QUOTE]

damn it. I was planning to go there and sweep like 10 of them. :bomb:

Merged the new thread into the original.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Don't bother. I posted in the ATL thread, but forgot to post here. It seems that the employees at the Duluth store put all the cards in customer service so a friend could come in and buy them. And then share with said employees I presume. That store ALWAYS gets hoarded on any deal they run. They really need to do a limit per customer on sales.[/QUOTE]
This is why I reeeeeeally have a lot less love for the local Microcenters around here than I did when I first moved to the area.

[quote name='guinaevere']This is why I reeeeeeally have a lot less love for the local Microcenters around here than I did when I first moved to the area.[/QUOTE]SONOFA! This is still active???? Well, here's even more of a reason to not like our local MCs. At the Duluth store, last time I stopped by to see if they restocked they were out, but more were to be coming in a few days and said it was because of the "great sale they had on them." So I asked if the sale was still going on and they emphatically answered that it had ended and they were back up to regular price. I'm sure that was to keep me from coming back and getting them. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of checking back every day at the end of the week. Most likely they were all put behind a counter "for a friend" anyway.

Also, your Fry's trade post isn't working.

[quote name='spacegundam0079']The MC in Westbury ? Did they have any more ?[/QUOTE]

I just came from there, they are priced at $12.99 and scan for that same price. I bought two for 25.98. I would say they had atleast 6-9 of them left, maybe more didn't look long enough. I saw two racks of them behind that counter where the guy sits.

i just called the microcenter in st. louis park MN. They guy told me they have around 40 of the 4000 pt cards for 39.99 and 93 of the 1600 pt cards for 12.99.

i'm about to head out and grab a bunch

[quote name='DeathBringer']They was 12.99 in my microcenter for 1600, I bought a few since they never go on sale.

Limit 3 per person.[/QUOTE]

What store location would that be?

there was a whole bunch of them in Wayne, PA. Probably 50 left, I got 5 for myself. 1600 points for $12.99 that is, didn't see any of the 4000 pts

[quote name='spacegundam0079']The MC in Westbury ? Did they have any more ?[/QUOTE]
i was there at 1:00pm, and they had 4 pegs full of them. i got a few, they were priced and rung up at $12.99...

[quote name='morethantoast']i just called the microcenter in st. louis park MN. They guy told me they have around 40 of the 4000 pt cards for 39.99 and 93 of the 1600 pt cards for 12.99.

i'm about to head out and grab a bunch[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I may have to head over there today...

[quote name='gryphter']there was a whole bunch of them in Wayne, PA. Probably 50 left, I got 5 for myself. 1600 points for $12.99 that is, didn't see any of the 4000 pts[/QUOTE]

Considering the only Microcenter in the entire state of PA is in St. Davids, I'm going to assume you meant that one. I've been calling and stopping by there constantly and had finally just given up cuz they were always OOS. Thanks for the head's up, gonna call and be sure some are left then head over.

I wouldn't mind helping out people without a MC around but unfortunately my Paypal is having issues. Just stopped by Cambridge, MA store earlier today and they have a bunch (50+ easily) still available.

[quote name='jdawgg76']SONOFA! This is still active???? Well, here's even more of a reason to not like our local MCs. At the Duluth store, last time I stopped by to see if they restocked they were out, but more were to be coming in a few days and said it was because of the "great sale they had on them." So I asked if the sale was still going on and they emphatically answered that it had ended and they were back up to regular price. I'm sure that was to keep me from coming back and getting them. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of checking back every day at the end of the week. Most likely they were all put behind a counter "for a friend" anyway.[/QUOTE]Grrrr...

Also, your Fry's trade post isn't working.
Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

edit: Duh. I deleted the old and replaced with a new, but forgot to update the sig link. Thanks, jdawgg.

bread's done
Back