Microsoft Store (B&M) - Free $20 Gift Card YMMV?

DCpinoy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
$20 promotion is not confirmed by others yet.

Apparently you can take a short lesson/class on Windows 8 and upon finishing it you receive a $20 gift card.

[quote name='dennisb407']Went to the MS store at 6am this morning to be one of the first 100 people in line to get the $99.99 Xbox Music Pass card and to check out the debut of the Surface tablet.

First time at the MS store because it's at a large mall that's mainly tourists so I try to avoid it all costs. I went early cause Im used to chaotic Apple events but the lines at MS didnt build up til 9am area. After opening they held an approx. 35 minute class on Windows 8, just 3 people and myself sat down to listen to speaker in a store full of people lol, but afterwards I received a $20 giftcard

I think the classes my be going on all week, every hour on the hour.[/QUOTE]

Old Information about Bing vs. Google challenge.
Went to the Microsoft Store today at Valley Fair Mall, San Jose CA. I did the Bing vs. Google challenge and was given a gift card voucher upon completion. It's worth 25 dollars and no minimum purchase required. The vouchers are good in store only and until the 25th of October.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY'] These are some of the better options I think other than pts or live gold cards. Seems like the South Coast Plaza store wont be "getting" any until friday. That is if they sell them in store.

4 Eneloop AA (AAA same price) $11
16gb flash $20
16gb flash $23
8gb flash (fancy or something) $25
Belkin mini surge $20
comfort mouse $25
confort mouse 6000 $30
wireless keyboard $25
wireless keyboard 2000 $30
Samsung 55" LED HDTV $4000
HP large surge $25
Monster portable surge (3 outlets and usb, interesting) $25
weird usb home/car charger thing $30
Telephone headset for smartphone (girlfriend has been wanting one of these) $30
razer mousepad $35
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you can get multiples of these coupons would one of you guys be willing to get another one and use it to get final fantasy 13-2 for me ? The game is 20$ in the online store. Ill be willing to pay for the shipping. I would do it myself but there are no mcrosoft stores in nyc :(

I just did this a few hours ago in Costa Mesa, Ca. I pre-order Halo 4.
Just a warning...
if you plan to pre order a game with this promotion of $25 make sure to do multiple purchases because the pre-orders only cost $10 ($10 deposit) and if you dont use the reminder of the promotion on the same purchase you will lose it.
(microsoft store will not let you apply all $25 to a pre order)

so, I pre ordered halo 4 with $10 deposit and used the $15 on microsoft points card

Just a quick note to my two fellow Las Vegas cheapasses...

While the Microsoft Store Locator says the Fashion show has a store in it, there actually isn't one there. Information desk at the mall said there is a Microsoft kiosk during certain times of year, but there is no store listed on the maps in the mall either. Huge bummer.

I wondered how that would work with the Apple store being in there anyway, like, would the employees get in fights in the parking lot and stuff? Heh.

I might take the bus to the mall just for this! Wait how did you guys get two or more in one sitting? Do they just let you take it again and get another coupon?

This is an awesome deal, you can do it once per day, and use it for anything. Word of warning though if you use it on Halo 4 (25$ coupon + points for preorder), you only get 10$ off. The remainder of the coupon is voided. I did this at first expecting the full 25$ to apply, and was surprised when my preorder slip only showed 10$. I Plan on finding out what happens if you buy a game with the coupon and then return / exchange. I'm hoping they will stack.

[quote name='DANIEL']I just did this a few hours ago in Costa Mesa, Ca. I pre-order Halo 4.
Just a warning...
if you plan to pre order a game with this promotion of $25 make sure to do multiple purchases because the pre-orders only cost $10 ($10 deposit) and if you dont use the reminder of the promotion on the same purchase you will lose it.
(microsoft store will not let you apply all $25 to a pre order)

so, I pre ordered halo 4 with $10 deposit and used the $15 on microsoft points card[/QUOTE]

I just posted the exact same story for the exact same store :)

Closest Microsoft store is much too far for the effort/gas/etc.

Plus I just took the test and preferred Google 5/5 so I don't think they want me in there to make them look bad!

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Closest Microsoft store is much too far for the effort/gas/etc.

Plus I just took the test and preferred Google 5/5 so I don't think they want me in there to make them look bad![/QUOTE]

HAHA, i chose Google 4 out of 5 times and got a Draw on the last one.

Well I'll be going to the Costa Mesa Store tomorrow perhaps with my gf.

I am a bit confused, how do the preorders work? You can only put $10 max on a game and then the $15 for something else.

Hmm, I might just use it on something else then. I'd rather do the online preorder bonus instead since this looks to be in store only.

Do you think they'll have copies of Dance Central 3 tomorrow and can I use the coupon on it?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Well I'll be going to the Costa Mesa Store tomorrow perhaps with my gf.

I am a bit confused, how do the preorders work? You can only put $10 max on a game and then the $15 for something else.

Hmm, I might just use it on something else then. I'd rather do the online preorder bonus instead since this looks to be in store only.

Do you think they'll have copies of Dance Central 3 tomorrow and can I use the coupon on it?[/QUOTE]

They had a huge selection of games, so I'm guessing yes. The Halo deal is just to sweet to pass up, if you figure the 10$ preorder + 25$ coupon + 1600 ms points, the game is basically costing 10$, so now I have to figure out what to do with my BestBuy preorder :)

[quote name='stoned99']They had a huge selection of games, so I'm guessing yes. The Halo deal is just to sweet to pass up, if you figure the 10$ preorder + 25$ coupon + 1600 ms points, the game is basically costing 10$, so now I have to figure out what to do with my BestBuy preorder :)[/QUOTE]

Wait I thought those bonuses were only for online orders? You get them for in store ones too?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Wait I thought those bonuses were only for online orders? You get them for in store ones too?[/QUOTE]
Yep. I just got back from the store nearest me and they were definitely talking about getting those deals in store. There was even a little sign about it.

question about the halo 4 preorder: where are you guys getting the 1600 MS points from? I only see a $25 dollar voucher for preordering. At least thats what it says online...

[quote name='Bioterror']Does anyone know if the stores sell wired controllers?[/QUOTE]

Yes but my two stores haven't had the official ones as of late.

Afterglow
MLG pro controller
Razer Onza

just got back, they let me use the $25 off twice...one for Doom 3 and one for Dance Central 3...i still have 2 more for next week's Forza Horizon and MoH: WF

Dont forget Assassin Creed, forza Horizons, Need for Speed Most Wanted and Medal of Honor gets 10$ back as well as the obvious Halo deal.

Did this today, truly awesome deal. Some other sub $25 stuff to consider besides 1600 MSP cards...

3 Months of Hulu Plus $24
3 Months Xbox Live $25
Universal Media Remote (the newer black model) $20
Skylanders figures Whatever they were priced, I know they run around $9 normally but didn't check store price.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']question about the halo 4 preorder: where are you guys getting the 1600 MS points from? I only see a $25 dollar voucher for preordering. At least thats what it says online...[/QUOTE]

yes?!?! how are you getting the 1600 points with the pre order of halo 4? I just got the $25 gift card

BS a holiday store is opening up by me on Oct. 26th the day after this deal dies. I'm bumming I really wanted halo anniversary or something.

I went to the Valley fair store today and got the voucher. The employee was telling me you can do it once a day until the 25th. I ended up getting Doom 3 BFG for $15. I'll definitely be this week for more.

The employee also said you can use it on pre orders but I didn't try to confirm it.

I did this once last night, and went back today with my wife and got two more vouchers (I was explicitly told yesterday, without asking, that I can do it every day if I wanted to).

As for the pre-orders, all the same deals that are available in-stores as they are online: Halo 4 preorder gets you $25gc at time of pickup. The others (AC3, blops2, etc.) gets you $10gc + 1600pts at the time of pick up. HOWEVER, as others already pointed out, the pre-order deposit is $10 so you CANNOT apply the $25 from this voucher towards perorder of one game.

Hope that helps.

Did the Halo 4 preorder with 1600 pts. Gf got Dance Central 3 for half off, wish I would have known the preorder bonus was in store too, could have gotten the $10 and 1600 map as well as the $25 the cashier said. The transaction is not $10 for the preorder and then $15 towards the MSP. Its $30 for the MSP and $10 deposit and then they take $25 off the total. Not sure if it matters, but the cashier was very clear about this to me for some reason.

Anyone know if I preorder Forza Horizon tomorrow with the $25 and 1600 pts would I be able to use another $25 when I pick it up.

So thinking $5 for Forza Horizon preorder and 1600 pts after the $25 coupon.
Get another $25 coupon the next day.
Come back on release and use the $25 on Forza Horizon when I have to pay the $55 left.
Forza Horizon for $30 total + $10 GC and 1600 pts (plus the initial free 1600 its)

So to the people who were wondering about the $25 gift card with Halo 4, and the MS online store pre-orders for in-store in general, I can shed some light:

Went to the MS store last night, did five searches and got my $25 voucher (consider it a coupon, not a gift card, because it's essentially a business card with redemption info on it). I spoke to an associate about pre-orders. He explained to me that all the same offers you'd find online are indeed eligible for in-store purchase. The promo boxes have an orange stripe that details what bonuses you received, for those of you venturing in soon. The ones I remember are below:

Assassin's Creed III ($10 gift card + 1600pt card)
COD: Black Ops 2 ($10 gift card + 1600pt card)
Forza Horizon ($10 gift card + 1600pt card)
Halo 4 ($25 gift card, no MSP)
Medal of Honor Warfighter ($10 gift card + 1600pt card)

There were many more as well, just none that interested me and stuck in my mind. One of them may have only been $10 and no MS points cards, but I'm not 100%.

With my $25 voucher, I bought 1600 MS points and placed a $10 pre-order on Assassin's Creed IIII for a total of $4.99 out-of-pocket. The pre-order incentives are given at the point of purchase, so on release day, I'm looking at $50 for AC3, $10 GC and a 1600 MS points card, so ~$25 dollars for the game if you're in the marketing for points and other things like I am (Eneloop chargable batteries are $10.99, for example).

[quote name='Donnums']I went to the Valley fair store today and got the voucher. The employee was telling me you can do it once a day until the 25th. I ended up getting Doom 3 BFG for $15. I'll definitely be this week for more.

The employee also said you can use it on pre orders but I didn't try to confirm it.[/QUOTE]

I went to the Mall of America store with my Wife and friend. He got two 1600 points cards. She got Dance Central 3. However, I got Doom 3 BFG edition for Pc which activates on Steam for $30-25=$5. Good deal overall.

[quote name='themixmaster']So to the people who were wondering about the $25 gift card with Halo 4, and the MS online store pre-orders for in-store in general, I can shed some light:

Went to the MS store last night, did five searches and got my $25 voucher (consider it a coupon, not a gift card, because it's essentially a business card with redemption info on it). I spoke to an associate about pre-orders. He explained to me that all the same offers you'd find online are indeed eligible for in-store purchase. The promo boxes have an orange stripe that details what bonuses you received, for those of you venturing in soon. The ones I remember are below:

Assassin's Creed III ($10 gift card + 1600pt card)
COD: Black Ops 2 ($10 gift card + 1600pt card)
Forza Horizon ($10 gift card + 1600pt card)
Halo 4 ($25 gift card, no MSP)
Medal of Honor Warfighter ($10 gift card + 1600pt card)

There were many more as well, just none that interested me and stuck in my mind. One of them may have only been $10 and no MS points cards, but I'm not 100%.

With my $25 voucher, I bought 1600 MS points and placed a $10 pre-order on Assassin's Creed IIII for a total of $4.99 out-of-pocket. The pre-order incentives are given at the point of purchase, so on release day, I'm looking at $50 for AC3, $10 GC and a 1600 MS points card, so ~$25 dollars for the game if you're in the marketing for points and other things like I am (Eneloop chargable batteries are $10.99, for example).[/QUOTE]

So in this situation, you'll be getting two 1600 cards, the game, and $10 credit for $55?

Can you go back to get another $25 and use it on release day (assuming you were doing it on Forza since the $25 coupon would be eligible)?

[quote name='Wario64']So in this situation, you'll be getting two 1600 cards, the game, and $10 credit for $55?

Can you go back to get another $25 and use it on release day (assuming you were doing it on Forza since the $25 coupon would be eligible)?[/QUOTE]

Yes to the first question and maybe to the second one. They might give you issues with it since that is technically another promotion for the gc and points. I was able to do it with Dance Central 3 at the Stanford store.

I found out that there is a sku they have to add to your preorder for the gc and points deal. I don't know if its the same sku though as only Dance Central 3 had the extra sku. My forza preorder didn't have the extra sku, but I think thats cause the grey shirt didn't know about the preorder deal, hope that doesn't exclude me from getting in on the gc and points.

Its not like they have any damn advertisements in the store about the deals expect for a flyer the day before a game comes out. And all the seasonal help "grey shirts" are very inexperienced about a lot of this stuff.

[quote name='bzchanboy']Yes to the first question and maybe to the second one. They might give you issues with it since that is technically another promotion for the gc and points. I was able to do it with Dance Central 3 at the Stanford store.

I found out that there is a sku they have to add to your preorder for the gc and points deal. I don't know if its the same sku though as only Dance Central 3 had the extra sku. My forza preorder didn't have the extra sku, but I think thats cause the grey shirt didn't know about the preorder deal, hope that doesn't exclude me from getting in on the gc and points.

Its not like they have any damn advertisements in the store about the deals expect for a flyer the day before a game comes out. And all the seasonal help "grey shirts" are very inexperienced about a lot of this stuff.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. If it definitely works on Forza, I'd totally do it. Also forgot they sell PC games, a $5 doom 3 BFG sounds awesome too

Gonna go check this out. Thanks OP!

Does the M$ store still sell Kindle cards (aka Amazon gift cards?). I'll probably buy that if that's the case. I've already got my pre-orders locked in at BB.

Yeah I'm gonna head back for BFG today myself cause thats a damn good deal. Didn't know the pc version was $30.

Talk to brent if you come across issues with Forza. They weren't able to preorder the LE for me at Valley Fair but if its available I'm gonna get that and still get the gc and points. At least thats what he said.

Also for those that have kids or just like Skylanders the stores will be doing a special party on sunday for the release of Sklyanders Giants. Lots of giveaways and someone from each store will go home with every available Skylander.

[quote name='DaBoltz']Gonna go check this out. Thanks OP!

Does the M$ store still sell Kindle cards (aka Amazon gift cards?). I'll probably buy that if that's the case. I've already got my pre-orders locked in at BB.[/QUOTE]
No they no longer carry the kindle cards, and haven't for some time now.

I discovered they sell ink yesterday for my printer, hell yeah. I'm taking the entire family Sat & Sun

These points are gold for paying for XBLA season passes (amongst every thing else)

[quote name='Wario64']So in this situation, you'll be getting two 1600 cards, the game, and $10 credit for $55?

Can you go back to get another $25 and use it on release day (assuming you were doing it on Forza since the $25 coupon would be eligible)?[/QUOTE]

Yes. As to whether you can use one for the $10 pre-order and something else, and a second, assuming your store is cool with your binging it on multiple times (the guy I spoke with said, technically you're only allowed to do it once, but that different people run it all the time, so there's no way anyone would know), is up for debate.

I may end up canceling my Medal of Honor: Warfighter pre-order with Amazon (~$51) to try it out, but i am a sucker for a steelcase and am on the fence.

I asked yesterday in store and I was told that you can use the bing it on coupon when you pick up the game and you will get the preorder bonuses (which people have done on Dance Central 3 already) but you cant use the coupon on the preorder and then again on the pick up since its one per transaction. The preorder receipt clearly shows the coupon on it.

I bet you can if the cahier doesn't catch it, unless their system wont let it happen. To be sure I preordered Forza Horizon with no coupon so I could definitely get it for $35 + $10 GC and 1600 pts.

Hoping to chain these deals together a bit.

$60 - $25 bing it on + $10 GC + 1600 msp for Forza Horizon
$60 - $10 bing it on - $10 GC + $10 GC + 1600 msp for ACIII
$60 - $10 bing it on - $10 GC + $25 GC for Halo 4

So end result will be.
$115 for Forza, ACIII, Halo 4
2 x free 1600 msp
2 x $5 1600 msp (from preordering Halo 4 and ACIII)
$25 GC

$125 total for 3 games on release day, $25 GC and $80 in MSP. Not bad! Plus tax of course.

I have two coupons saved, just to be sure I can get Forza for $25 off in case that cashier was right and you cant use it on a preorder and pick up. I have a ton of msp now and would rather get $25 off forza than another free 1600 card. The other was my gf's she got, saving in case a friend wants forza as well.

One of the people doing the bing it on thing said it ends soon so if I want to come back and get another coupon to hurry. Couldn't tell if he meant oct 25 or whatever the exp date is, or meant they'll stop giving the coupon away before that. I could see them stopping before it exp, but why?

I just came back from the bellevue store and an employee told me when windows 8 comes out they're doing some kind of class to show off tr operating system and you get $20 for attending.

[quote name='bzchanboy']
No they no longer carry the kindle cards, and haven't for some time now.[/QUOTE]

Thx. I obviously haven't been in an M$ store in quite some time:)

Pardon me if I'm stupid, but if the voucher expires on the 25th, how is it possible to apply the 25 when you pick up the game?

Also, I can't believe I haven't gone down there a billion times if it's true you can do it whenever the hell you want.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Pardon me if I'm stupid, but if the voucher expires on the 25th, how is it possible to apply the 25 when you pick up the game?

Also, I can't believe I haven't gone down there a billion times if it's true you can do it whenever the hell you want.[/QUOTE]

You can only do it once a day, and after going two days in a row the grey shirts doing it recognized me and my gf. Might be able to get away with it, but honestly its not very crowded at the store and only a few people even seem to know about this for some reason so probably easy for them to recognize you.

Forza Horizon comes out October 23rd so you can use it on that. The others you cant.

But you can do this for a preorder on ACIII or other games. There is a thread on here listing all the ones that get the preorder.

$20 1600 pts + $10 preorder - $25 bing it on = $5.

Pick up game and get $10 GC and 1600 pts

so for $55 you can get 3200 pts and a $10 GC.
For Halo 4 it would be $55 for 1600 pts and $25 GC

I wish I didn't have to work at my lab so late this week. I would have gone with my gf and just gotten a two free 3 month XBL cards each day. I dont know when I can go back so I had to save one of my bing it on coupons so I can make sure to have one on Oct 23rd to use on my Forza Horizon preorder. Just in case they stop giving them out before then.

I have a question, can I go to the store and do this to get two of these cards and get $50 off of a xbox console or is that not how this works

bread's done
Back