Monster Hunter Tri

Will add you Empyreal. What type of weapon user is everyone, btw?

I'm a Great Sword user for now, hoping to use Switch Axe later on.

Sweet! :D Glad to see another Great Sword user, but what I found to be odd in this game, is that they start you off with only 2 weapon choices, compared to the PSP games where you get access to all of the weapon choices. :p

No matter, though, people can get curious and try other weapons out, seems like a lot of people choice the Long Sword, but I have stuck with the Great Sword for the longest time.

Haven't played Online yet to be honest, still playing Single-Player for awhile.

Just about to do the last quest for the first Star quests. :D Going to go Ludroth for my first Bone Greatsword, that Water attribute might come in handy for certain monsters.

Also, about to try out the Arena mode with my brother soon, see how that is. Could be fun, who knows though.

I'm going to be playing offline single player for awhile as well.

I feel kind of weird going online to play in my starter underwear, and I would like to get another weapon other than that puny starter sword and shield.

To be honest, I'm glad there's a tutorial (even if its not very exciting). The demo didn't have one, and I'm pretty sure alot of people that got the demo hadn't the faintest idea of what they were supposed to be doing in game. And if you don't want to do the tutorial, you could just hop straight into online mode.

I'll post my hunter name and ID when I get ready to do online.

If the demo was just the tutorial part and maybe one extra mission, I think a lot more people would be getting it. The demo was very bad, and it told you nothing about the game, and didn't even let you play with another person. It was basically 'here are 2 Missions, go mash on X for a while' which isn't what the game is.

After playing it for nearly 4 hours I've finally discovered what this series is all about. It's an MMO without the monthly fee. Sure, it's a very restrictive MMO in terms of the amount of places you go and things you can do, but it's an MMO. It also won't suck your life away like all Western MMO's try to accomplish either.

Did you add me Broly to the list, btw? And Spacepest, you can also choose the Great Sword you have by going to the box in your inventory at your house.

Trust me Broly this game can get very addictive, lol. I put in over 280+ hours into MHFU within 2 months, that's all I played... I even stayed up all night to play it, when I had school the next day.

Hope to play with you guys a bit tomorrow or something, going to bed now though. Have some successful hunts you guys!

I feel dumb, but where in the game do you create an ID or go to the city (Online)? I just now completed the resource tutoral, and working on my first 1 star request (Mushrooms)

My copy should arrive today, so I'll probably hop on the single player tonight if my wife doesn't leave my Wii at her office again. :bomb:

I might try out the online with some friends this weekend, but that'll depend on how much time I have to dig into it on my own.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I think Monster Hunter is a bit more polished looking, compared to Demon's Souls.

I never could get into Demon's Souls, but got really into Monster Hunter, plus I believe there is 100s of more hours of gameplay in Monster Hunter compared to Demon's Souls.[/QUOTE]

Well if the demo for MH is anything to base it off of (I have not picked up my game yet) then Demons Souls is much better, hands down, no question. I hope this is a joke.

[quote name='Snake2715']Well if the demo for MH is anything to base it off of (I have not picked up my game yet) then Demons Souls is much better, hands down, no question. I hope this is a joke.[/QUOTE]

Demo was pure garbage, but the retail game is great

I'm going to get my Classic Controller Pro tomorrow - it was shipped UPS. The game+points card was shipped USPS, so I have no idea when it's going to arrive. If it's before the weekend I'll be happy enough. Technically this is No TV Week and in years past I've tried to go along with it with my kids, but I've already blown it this year. :)

[quote name='Snake2715']well thats good. I mean the demo is really really bad.[/QUOTE]

I played the Monster Hunters on PSP, but could not get into them at all but I relize why now, I diden't know WHY or WHAT I was suppose to do, and what it means to be a Hunter, and the controls on PSP where no good (1 analog stick!?!) I also think the Classic Controller Pro is awesome and is used in this game very well, without it I would believe the game would be much less enjoyable.

Monster Hunter Tri is awesome, and also my favorite Wii game easily

I got my Monster hunter and classic controller pro so far I'm enjoying it much more than the psp ones I liked them, but I'm liking the controls for the wii one.

I'm not too far in just yet, but so far I really like how things are going and the the movie was nice to watch. :drool:

Got my game yesterday but just now I'm finally getting to play it. Good so far and looks pretty good for a Wii game. My name is Nirran and id is AM3WZR

I was up playing offline until real late. I'm up to two star offline quests now.

I've noticed my gameplay has improved exponentially with the new Classic Controller. I played the demo with the Wiimote only, and was horrible at it.

And oh yeah, the demo was shit, and I'm pretty sure it permanently turned off new players. What the demo should have had instead was access offline first star guild quests.

Oh yeah, I killed some Ludroth, sneaked past some thieving kitties, and ran like a little girl from a Lagicrus that showed in one of my quests.

Yeah dude that Lagiacrus scared me so badly, but man... When you fight that Great Jaggi, it completely sucks... You have to worry about the little Jaggi and you have to worry about Cat's that steal your stuff... it was a painful battle.

But, I must say I'm completely enjoying myself in just the offline mode, online mode will be a lot more funner. :D

[quote name='Spacepest']
And oh yeah, the demo was shit, and I'm pretty sure it permanently turned off new players. What the demo should have had instead was access offline first star guild quests.[/QUOTE]

The demo was utter trash. I nearly cancelled my preorder because of it and I've played MH before.

If the game is anything like earlier MH games, it has hundreds of hours of content. The demo should have been the first six hours of the game. It should've let you rebuild the camp and do several quests from the camp. Then allowed you to save your data and continue on in the full game.

I thought the demo was just alright, I mean it was fun, but it just didn't offer much point of playing it, other then getting practice fighting the Qurupeco and Great Jaggi.

Alright, anyone want to play soon? I guess you can only add people when they are online, so I need to know when people are online to add them. :/

We should schedule a hunting event sometime this weekend.

im a noob, i wont play till i get my classic pro controller though... probably on monday or tuesday

online name: mush

I tried using a Great Sword, and I honestly thought it sucked. It's soooo slow. With the default weapon upgraded, I can do as much damage as a Great Sword and I have more mobility. I have two more 1 Star Missions to do.

I'm still not getting the point of Resource Points. I should probably just go out and farm some Iron Ore and kill some smaller monsters.

There are 6 people on the list currently. If someone can help me setup a Google Doc Spreadsheet so you can just add your own info, that'd be a big help. Please remember to check the OP if your info is correct and/or need to add WiiSpeak/Keyboard information. If people want me to add XBL info, I could do that as well.

With the Great Sword, you can do a triple charge which is around 150% of the damage your weapon deals. But yeah the Great Sword is extremely slow, but you need to roll after every attack or so, to increase your mobility.

However, when I unlock Switch Axe I am going to try that out, I remember from the demo it had one form that's like a Great Sword and the other form which is completely new to me and made no sense whatsoever.

I'll try to see if I can get a public google docs created.

Here's the link, hope it works: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AcrIhQ_EbQY9ZGNqZHg5NXhfMzBzMzRtcHRkOA&hl=en

Oh okay, here's how I did mine:

Share>See who has access>People with access: At the bottom it will say either "Sign-in is required to view this item", "People can view this item without signing in.", or "People can edit this item without signing in.". You will want the last one, beside that will say Change.

After that, hit Share again, and Get the link to share... and you should be set.

I also finally got Cha-Cha, your little partner that will help you on quests. :D

Yeah, some armors can be strong against fire, but weak against ice.

There are also skills that are with armor, they can be either positive or negative, usually armors have both positive and negative attributes to their skills.

Looking at a wiki can definitely help to figure out skills. Right now I have no clue what armor to upgrade to. What armor are you guys wearing?

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Yeah, some armors can be strong against fire, but weak against ice.

There are also skills that are with armor, they can be either positive or negative, usually armors have both positive and negative attributes to their skills.

Looking at a wiki can definitely help to figure out skills. Right now I have no clue what armor to upgrade to. What armor are you guys wearing?[/QUOTE]

I've played about oh 6-7 hours now, and find it pretty worthwhile. It's my first MH and the classic controller is SOO much better than the wii mote scheme. If only I didn't have to use it to grab monster data, oh wells.

I was under the impression that this game is setup where you are fairly frequently changing armor sets right... depending on what you intend to face?

[quote name='Nesrie']I've played about oh 6-7 hours now, and find it pretty worthwhile. It's my first MH and the classic controller is SOO much better than the wii mote scheme. If only I didn't have to use it to grab monster data, oh wells.

I was under the impression that this game is setup where you are fairly frequently changing armor sets right... depending on what you intend to face?[/QUOTE]

I love the Classic Controller Pro right now, but yeah the Wiimote thing is kind of odd feeling, and can be quite challenging, especially if you're in a high intensity battle.

People usually change their weapons to match the monster's weakness, but from what I remember about playing online on MHFU was people would usually have one main armor for awhile. The people with the top armor usually would upgrade it to the max for max defense.

I'll get online as soon as I get a controller, someone should make a group for online lobbies and stuff. A CAG MH group. That would be fun.

A link has been posted in the OP so CAG's can easily input their information there. It might be a little detailed, but it should help. The best part is if any information is wrong, it can easily be corrected.

Also remember for your File Name, Punctuation DOES matter.

Updated the forum thing.
I JUST took WiiSpeak back today. I never used in in the three weeks I had it, and I thought it'd be useful for this game, but no ones has it, waste of 25 bucks. I'll wait til they have headset support. I do have a wireless keyboard, so I definitely use that.
I am available any day, though I work random hours and days since I am part time, but it's usually night time. I am eastern time zone, and the only notes I have, are to PM me on here to let me know you want to add me.

So, anyone up for hosting a MH3 Cag Night this weekend? It'll give us all time to gear up and get used to the game, and we'll have some fun times hunting. :3

I've been on and off with the game today, as I was yesterday, so no hardcore playing for me today.

Does anyone know if using the wii component cable will make any difference on an hdtv? Granted i have a 32" 720p, making the switch from an xbox 360 to nintendo wii with its low res is not easy on the eyes.

[quote name='twanky']Does anyone know if using the wii component cable will make any difference on an hdtv? Granted i have a 32" 720p, making the switch from an xbox 360 to nintendo wii with its low res is not easy on the eyes.[/QUOTE]

yes.

I need to pick up a 32" at least, since I don't have an HDTV in my house yet (except my monitor that can do 1080p).

Actually, the Switch Axe seems to be a pretty cool weapon, still trying to figure out combos for it, but I think it's an awesome new worthy weapon for Monster Hunter.

Anyone know if the pacing is faster than the previous games? I've only played the PS2 one but I remember it took forever to complete armors. I think I had some sort of hornet looking armor back then. I will say it seems like dead enemies disappear faster than I remember. I seem to be missing carves more often.

Everyone used Great Swords back then. It was funny to see everyone swinging them around. I was a gunner back then so it helped keep enemies at bay during the swinging animations. It was only really fun being a gunner online though.

And is anyone else having trouble reading some of the text? I'm playing on a 40 inch with component cables and some of the text is just too pixelated. I even double checked my options to make sure I'm on 480p.

The text can be annoying to read, but I'm just playing on an SDTV, and kind of playing closer to the screen since it's a smaller screen. Hopefully Capcom will do something about that somehow... if at all possible.

I think the pacing may be a bit faster, but I'm telling you right now, I think the monsters are definitely harder... the Royal Ludroth is a pain... guh...

Haven't tried to play online yet, don't really feel like playing with randoms, but I should.

Also: Here's a MH comic by Ctrl+Alt+Delete http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2010/04/22/monster_hunter_guide_by_ctrlaltdel_comics

bread's done
Back