Monster Hunter Tri

I'm done with all of my level 1 quests offline and I just opened up the second area. I'm going to try and get some better armor/weapons now.

I also just reached Rank 3 online. I don't know what the highest rank online is, but I was just offered a Mission where it was too high for me to enter. I need some stronger armor.

I think the highest rank is 99, not sure though. I might upgrade to the Jaggi Armor, but then again it only offers around 20 more defense points, compared to the Hunter's armor.

Wish, I could join the CAG night.

Live in the UK so region server is europe I think -__- I would of been more than be happy to help people get their armours and weapons since I have been a fan of MH for a looong time!

Where do you see your rank? Is it online maybe? I am still doing the tutorial I think, which is rather long although I am not burning through it. I want to learn a good deal before I hit the online crowd.

I believe the rank is online only, since that's the only place you can achieve a higher rank. I don't know how the system works, since I haven't hunted online yet, but I don't plan to either, until I probably beat most of the offline, since the game continues online with harder monsters to fight.

I am going to tackle the Royal Ludroth in a little while, after I get warmed up in MH3 again. I need to go online sooner or later just to get a feel for some of the community and how the online is.

So... I eventually get other weapons right? Mr. Blacksmith has had the same 10ish weapons to build since the beginning of the game and none of them are any better than my starting great sword.

I gotta start playing this online. Are any specializations heavily sought? Gunners perhaps?

[quote name='Strell']I'll take anyone's extra Endless Ocean 2.[/QUOTE]

I might pick it up. I have no interest in the game so I'll let you know.

You have to upgrade your current weapons for the most part, he may eventually let you build newer weapons though.

There may be easier ways to defeat a monster with a different weapon type, but online there really isn't specialzations that are sought after. Gunners are the least played side, and can be fun to play. Just play what you want to play, no one would hate having 4 of the same weapon users.

Wow this thread is kind of dead for a game that just came out tuesday.. must mean everyone is playing the game then heh. Would love to do a CAG weekend on here. I just repelled Lagiacrus which was a pain. Just building my weapons up for the Rathian fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
My copy from GS arrived today. I've tried MH a few times before on psp and wasn't any good at it, but I never put much time into it. I think I'll have better luck on a console version. Now I just have to get my wii hooked up again...

Well wouldn't say yesterday, lol. But, yeah anyone feel like playing tonight or something? I need to hop online eventually, and would want to play with some Cags.

This thread seems to be pretty inactive, but I think most people have to go to school and work. Seems like a lot of people are busy this weekend too, must be some emergency errands that need to be done.

I got my Classic controller Pro yesterday and my copy of the game is "out for delivery or delivered". Alas, I may not get to play until next week as this is no TV week, and while I don't really apply that to myself, only my kids, I prefer to avoid the issue of them saying, "but it's no fair!". :) If they fall asleep quick, though, I'll probably play some tonight. I was under the impression that you could do the training stuff online. No? If you can, I'm going to try it all online from the start.

They have I believe this thing called Arena mode for the online mode, haven't heard much about it, but I don't know really.

Glad you are going to get the game soon. :D It may be a bit annoying to get into, but you'll get used to it.

So I got the game today. I'm about 10 minutes in while I'm writing this post.

I'd really like to play online. It's my first MH game, so I'd need to be with n00b friendly people. I also have one quick n00b question; How do I get my Capcom ID info?

So I was going to ask how to get online, thinking the 'City' was a different part of the story mode, not even clicking over it, haha.

Here's my info:

Name: Shinobi
Capcom ID: T7NJE

I'll be entering everyone's names/ID's on KingBroly's google doc as well as adding my own to it. I should be online here within the next hour, hopefully. I've got Wii Speak, so hopefully I'll talk to a fellow CAG on shortly.

Ok, I figured it out, thanks to wjhard63's post ;)

My info:

Name: Richard
Capcom ID: FA605A

I will be adding this to KingBroly's spreadsheet and I will also be registering everyone who is already on the sheet. I'm going on-line as soon as I'm done that.

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I'll be using on-screen keyboard (for now), and I hope to get either a USB Keyboard or Wii Speak soon.

Sadly, you can only add people who are online. If you guys give me a time we can go on and start to do this.

How about in around an hour and 30 minutes?

@Droenixjpn - Yeah, I figured that out after I posted, lol.

I'll try to be on in an hour and a half. The Wii's in a very inconvenient place in my house, so I have to see what my other family members are doing. If not, then I'll try to play with everyone another night.

Alright :D. If anyone is willing to play around 10 PM (Eastern Time), then post in here so we can add eachother around that time.

Sorry, can't go online tonight. Maybe tomorrow we can try again, and hopefully with a bigger group :).

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']So who made a female toon?[/QUOTE]

I did. Then again, that isn't so surprising considering I am female ;)

I should be getting my copy in the mail tomorrow (Saturday).

Is it like Phantasy Star Online in that it has different servers to join to find people? If so, we should choose one for CAGs to increase the chances of meeting each other even randomly.

I just got through the tutorial part of the single player, beat my first 1-star quest. I think I'll wait until I've gotten a successful run or two against the first big monster (Jaggi, I assume) under my belt before going online. Need some fancier equipment and all that.

[quote name='botticus']I just got through the tutorial part of the single player, beat my first 1-star quest. I think I'll wait until I've gotten a successful run or two against the first big monster (Jaggi, I assume) under my belt before going online. Need some fancier equipment and all that.[/QUOTE]

I won't give you any spoilers, but I think there is a bit more to the tutorial for you to get through... although not exactly a ton left on the actual fighting part.

[quote name='Samurai_X-51']
Is it like Phantasy Star Online in that it has different servers to join to find people? If so, we should choose one for CAGs to increase the chances of meeting each other even randomly.[/QUOTE]
Didn't play that game but yes, it does have multiple servers. With multiple rooms with multiple games within that.

I went online for the first time today but I'll always go with this:

Rookie (under 20 hour server)
>Fresh 1
>City Gate 12
>Then will be in one of the games

Online was really different. Bigger town (it's a city) area, different people to talk to and a few different quest. I'll will probably post when ever I play online, I hope others do so as well.

I want to do the special weekly event quest but it's impossible to gather everything by myself in 15 minutes.

I need to figure out how to stun a Great Jaggi and its' head separately apparently, or else I can't move onto 3-star quests in Single Player :\

[quote name='KingBroly']I need to figure out how to stun a Great Jaggi and its' head separately apparently, or else I can't move onto 3-star quests in Single Player :\[/QUOTE]

Actually, don't worry about stunning his head. To capture the Great Jaggi all you have to do is make it to the point where it's limping (or it's body is a lot slower). Actually, I believe the Great Jaggi goes to sleep when it's weak, so go to it's nest and place the Shock Trap you get in the supply box at the beginning of the mission and hit him with the tranq. bombs you get at the supply box as well. It should take only 2 to capture him, and after that you are done with the main part of the quest.

It's an awesome tactic to use when you want to fight monsters to a certain point, making battles a bit shorter and also to get a higher percentage for getting rarer parts. I think some parts are only obtainable by capturing a monster, but this depends on the monster as well.

Played online last night as well, played with some cool guys, we didn't talk much, but this game creates bonds by the hunts. I did 4 quests with these guys, and I found my love for the Switch Axe a bit more. HR 2 finally! Lol.

[quote name='KingBroly']I need to figure out how to stun a Great Jaggi and its' head separately apparently, or else I can't move onto 3-star quests in Single Player :\[/QUOTE]

How I stunned it was by throwing a flash bomb about mid fight, then used the Y attack with the SnS over and over. I think I got lucky.

Breaking the head is a bit easier, just jump slash (X+Y), then X->X and run away. Do it over and over until the head breaks. Edit: Also with a SnS.

I'll probably stay online on MH3 for awhile today, since the online has pretty much most of the stuff that the town has.

So, if anyone wants to request me at that time, feel free too. Maybe we can hunt together.

Dro, if I don't go out tonight I'll play some. I want to do the special event quest before (I think) they change it for the week. I probably won't type much too since it's a little hard without a keyboard.

The even quest is pretty hard since you only get 15 minutes to get:

3 golden fish (from fishing using the golden fish bait)
10 monster guts (from the water herbivore monster)
12 red coral (from the bones on the lake floor)

You get these all in the lake area 10/11. You have to do the sub quest to complete it, I wasted about 45 minutes trying to do it before finding that out. It would be better if we had 3 or 4 people probably, since the time limit is so small and it pools together all the items collects. The rewards look pretty good too http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3:_Event_Quests

So I decided to start this up today finally (after finding out our move date got delayed again) and am on the character select screen. No matter what game I play, I tend to always stick around forever here messing around. But I'm deciding between two hairstyles, and was wondering on head bands. I'm not seeing an option here, but is there a way to change the headband color (or face paint color) or no?

You can change your clothes, hair and style (not the face) later on in single player if that is what you are worried about

It wasn't a big deal, no. Just an out of curiosity thing.

As for changing looks, I knew you could change your clothes and hair in the game if you wanted too though.

I'm going online at around 6PM EST tonight (roughly an hour and 15 minutes after the time of this post). If anyone wants to play online, just send me a request :D

My info is:

Name: Richard
Capcom ID: FA605A

bread's done
Back