Most Memorable CAG Villain 2008

Cheapy and Wombat say that Shipwreck is a Ginger Kid. So I would have to give the nomination to Shipwrecks freckles. Nothing more evil than dormant skin cancer embedding itself into your skin and growing and plotting to kill you for years waiting for the melanoma to surface to give you a painful and agonizing death. But, I do not think that Shipwrecks melanoma's inducing freckles have a user name on CAG, so I would just have to say that Cheapy and Wombat are for missing shows.

Whats a CAG villain? My vote would be Wombat, since I mainly o0nly listen to the podcast and he's always negative but in a funny way.

For the eighth year in a row , George Bush ! ,yes hes not a CAG (thank god !) but as a villain .....WINNER.

[quote name='GaryZero']Whats a CAG villain? My vote would be Wombat, since I mainly o0nly listen to the podcast and he's always negative but in a funny way.[/quote]In the past, the Villian title has gone to CAGs who scammed others in the community, were general nuisances and/or complete idiots.

It is pretty sad that almost all of these "bad guys" aren't even memorable. Also, none of these trading scammers even come close to couldspekk.

I'll nominate 3:
(in no particular order)

1. CheapyD,
for the direction he's taken CAG in over the past 2 years or so. A once great site, gone commercial and now the slave of profit and advertising dollars. I guess I can't really blame him as it all adds up to more coin in his pocket, but this site was once special when not as many people knew about it and we were all getting really great deals. Now all we get is an amazon-laced front page, littered with podcast after podcast that have very little to do with great deals, whoring out something else we have no use for. The days of the $5 game are dead. Then again, it is the man's site, so the direction he takes it in is his choice.

2. Shrike4242,
for coming off as that angry old man on his porch with a shotgun shooting at the squirrels for taking his nuts. They're harmless, and you don't need the nuts anyway, who cares? Well, this guy cares, and abused his moderator abilities in the past, and is doing so again. Not to mention the whole drama-Queen bit about "Oh I don't want to be a moderator anymore, I'm retiring." Before returning 6 months later. This is a video game message board, where the average poster is in his late teens to early 20s, there's no CAG for old men, none of these posters are your children, this is not the 3rd reich. Why so serious?

3. DrunkPollock,
anytime you steal from anyone on the site it's bad, when you steal from multiple members, it's worse. When what you've stolen equates to several grand, it's larceny.

[quote name='crystalklear64']LinkinPrime, what an evil dude.[/QUOTE]

was it this year that he deleted threads that were burning transformers or linkin park, maybe it was both i cant remember, it all blends together. did he delete some bluray shit too, well if that all happened in 2008 and someone has the thread bookmarked, then im all for linkinprime.

My tops in no order

Joe2187 - mainly because he is a jwerk who hates the world

DrunkPollock - no explanation needed

Kunai - for his flipping habit and creating a fraud coupon to get back at the manager

Twenzor - he didn't really do anything to me personally, but many others can't stand him

I guess Shrike can be thrown in there from earlier on in the year, but that was only for a little while and has since been better in my opinion.

CheapyD gets my vote. After being dissatisified with the Childs Play donations he then announces that the trading beta would be limited to only those that donated.
It's probably not villain worthy but definitely a douchebag move. There may have been a little karma involved with Cheapy's latest ATM debacle.

[quote name='undiegnome']CheapyD gets my vote. After being dissatisified with the Childs Play donations he then announces that the trading beta would be limited to only those that donated.
It's probably not villain worthy but definitely a douchebag move. There may have been a little karma involved with Cheapy's latest ATM debacle.[/quote]Though the current trade forum setup is challenging to use, how can you even care when you have no trade rating right now? Trying to illicite more donations is a good thing. If he hadn't have done this the beta should have been limited to active traders. Back on topic I vote
drunkpollock

[quote name='undiegnome']CheapyD gets my vote. After being dissatisified with the Childs Play donations he then announces that the trading beta would be limited to only those that donated.
It's probably not villain worthy but definitely a douchebag move. There may have been a little karma involved with Cheapy's latest ATM debacle.[/quote]

1) I said that the trading beta would be open FIRST (not only) to those who participated in the fund raiser.

2) I announced it AFTER the fund raiser ended. BTW, I was very satisfied with the results.

3) Even if what you say was correct, why would encouraging people to donate to charity be considered a "douchebag move"?

Anbu_Zim - Buys shit he can't pay for from CAGs with lower feedback so he gets it first, then tries to sell the item to pay the original seller. That and stealing WSB avatars to use on other forums that he posts at with his mother and trying to act dumb about not knowing about that.

[quote name='JJSP']BigT for his wonderful insight on gay marriage.[/QUOTE]

Dude, what happens in the vs forum stays in the vs forum. It's a no man's land in there. Though, I think I recall a thread actually getting locked in there this year. Which would be a first, I believe. Speaking of locking threads, what a beautiful segue to the next nominee!

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']was it this year that he deleted threads that were burning transformers or linkin park, maybe it was both i cant remember, it all blends together. did he delete some bluray shit too, well if that all happened in 2008 and someone has the thread bookmarked, then im all for linkinprime.[/QUOTE]

HD-DVD was still around until February or March of last year, so it's plausible that it happened them. Either way, there were, I *think* 2 or more separate movements to have him de-modded in 2008. Can't recall the specifics, as I wasn't part of them, but that speaks to a certain degree of villainy.

Plus, liking Linkin Park is bad enough. But there are people out there who like scheisse, erm..."films." But they don't go around naming themselves "ScheissePrime" to discuss their adoration for the genre. Linkin Park is like that: dude, if you really like it, bully for you. But like scheisse, I don't wanna know about it, and you should know better than to publicly declare your love for it.

;)

[quote name='Xevious']This is a weak year for villians. There is no standout asshole.[/QUOTE]

LinkinPrime and wubb would beg to differ.

bread's done
Back