Mountain Dew & Doritos [XboxONE promotion]

I just got 2 12 packs of Mtn Dew and 2 large Doritos bags. Have 800 points. Might be looking to trade if my guy doesn't pull though lol.

Some people out there with scary numbers, but seems they mostly going for those premium trips so I guess the standard xbox ones are some what on even ground.

I'll have around 5000 once I enter the codes from the Mountain Dew and Doritos I bought today. Just as a heads up, Walgreens has Pepsi product 12 packs 4 for $10 and Doritos for $1.99 this week. 

I'll have around 5000 once I enter the codes from the Mountain Dew and Doritos I bought today. Just as a heads up, Walgreens has Pepsi product 12 packs 4 for $10 and Doritos for $1.99 this week.
Good tip on walgreens, man. I've been looking for a good doritios deal. 2 liters of mountain dew can be found from $1.00 to $1.25 at a lot of places. When it comes to dollars to points, the best conversion seems to be 100 points per dollar, though I wouldn't advise anybody to try and drop several hundred dollars on this stuff for points.

Considering thousands of base consoles are being given away, I think we all have a fair chance here. The people who spend 500 bucks on dew and doritos to get 50,000 points are the people who are probably going to either fight over the premium systems, or are going to blow through their points in the first couple days of auctions.

Good luck to everybody on here.

Looks like one of the exclusive DLC codes in the advanced - premium bundles is gonna be for a car in Forza 5 Link

Last edited by a moderator:
kroger had 2 liters $1 buck each buy 4 get 2 free , i now have a lifetime supply of Doritos and mtn dew , and learned i dont like doritos as much as i thought i did lol. spent like $24

I've finally crossed 2k points.  Luckily I've found a lot of Diet Mt Dew, so hopefully by the end of the contest I'll end up with only one surprise (xbox one) as opposed to two (xbox one, diabetes).

I think it would be cheaper just to go out and get an X1.

Probably need to spend 500 dollars in Mtn Dew and Chips to get an X1. 

I think it would be cheaper just to go out and get an X1.

Probably need to spend 500 dollars in Mtn Dew and Chips to get an X1.
I would place bets that the cost-of-entry to get one of those systems will be at least twice the cost of just buying one. Mountain Dew addicts are plentiful, and they can go through a whole lot of Dew. I know, I'm a recovering Dew addict restricting myself to no more than one a day. A decade ago, I would have had 25,000 points by the end of this contest without even trying (going on my 12-pack a day habit back then).

I've spent about 40-50 bucks and have 13k points. They are giving out 100+ standard bundles daily so I'm confident I'll be able to get one.

Well, to speak to some of the concerns here... first off, you'dd probably need to have around 50-60k points to equal the $600 the system and game will cost you... so even the confessed recovering Dew Addict would need to double that production... and that number was way high. One 12-pack a day for 45 days would net you only 9k points, nowhere near the 25k JMusic approximated. At about a penny a point (the most accurate measure for this contest) you'll need to spend $1,500 on Dew and Doritos to max out the points - that's 750 2-liters and 375 bags of Doritos, or 375 bags of Doritos and 375 12 packs. In six weeks (of auctions).

Scaling back to $500 - a reasonable price for an Xbox One - that's 125 bags of Doritos and 125 12-packs (or 250 2-liters). In six weeks. Very few shoppers will come close to those numbers - and there aren't likely 5k collectors out there to run the price up to 50k points ($500) for a system. What's more - why would they? If the prices start rising, they lose. 

As one of the (hopefully few) collectors aiming for the "Once in a Lifetime" auctions, I'm over 110k points and will max out the 150k cap. If you're aiming for those big auctions, I'm the competition. If you're aiming for the smaller auctions, you're 100% safe from my bidding, because I won't bid on any systems the first week, and I can only win ONE auction during the entire contest, so I'll hold out for the big ones. What's more, there may be collectors aiming for the middle ground - the advanced system auctions. (Because everyone wants a horribly ugly Dew-litho'd system, I guess?)

The only way you regular chums have to worry about us mass collectors is that we drain the supply of specially marked packages and have a ton of sweepstakes entries. Other than that, bid with impunity early and hope for the best.

In the end, I can tell you from experience that the sheer effort involved in hauling around hundreds of Dew bottles/12-packs and cutting the hard-to-read codes off the Doritos bags is immense. Very few people will be interested in keeping with it. My wife and I are doing it because we want to win something specific for our son, and because we're committed now... to a month of Doritos casseroles, Mountain Dew everywhere we go... lol. And weirdly, neither of us has gained weight. And we've probably saved money on not going out to dinner. (Not on the entire purchase, of course, just $50 here and there that would have gone to a decent restaurant.)

Well, to speak to some of the concerns here... first off, you'dd probably need to have around 50-60k points to equal the $600 the system and game will cost you... so even the confessed recovering Dew Addict would need to double that production... and that number was way high. One 12-pack a day for 45 days would net you only 9k points, nowhere near the 25k JMusic approximated. At about a penny a point (the most accurate measure for this contest) you'll need to spend $1,500 on Dew and Doritos to max out the points - that's 750 2-liters and 375 bags of Doritos, or 375 bags of Doritos and 375 12 packs. In six weeks (of auctions).

Scaling back to $500 - a reasonable price for an Xbox One - that's 125 bags of Doritos and 125 12-packs (or 250 2-liters). In six weeks. Very few shoppers will come close to those numbers - and there aren't likely 5k collectors out there to run the price up to 50k points ($500) for a system. What's more - why would they? If the prices start rising, they lose.

As one of the (hopefully few) collectors aiming for the "Once in a Lifetime" auctions, I'm over 110k points and will max out the 150k cap. If you're aiming for those big auctions, I'm the competition. If you're aiming for the smaller auctions, you're 100% safe from my bidding, because I won't bid on any systems the first week, and I can only win ONE auction during the entire contest, so I'll hold out for the big ones. What's more, there may be collectors aiming for the middle ground - the advanced system auctions. (Because everyone wants a horribly ugly Dew-litho'd system, I guess?)

The only way you regular chums have to worry about us mass collectors is that we drain the supply of specially marked packages and have a ton of sweepstakes entries. Other than that, bid with impunity early and hope for the best.

In the end, I can tell you from experience that the sheer effort involved in hauling around hundreds of Dew bottles/12-packs and cutting the hard-to-read codes off the Doritos bags is immense. Very few people will be interested in keeping with it. My wife and I are doing it because we want to win something specific for our son, and because we're committed now... to a month of Doritos casseroles, Mountain Dew everywhere we go... lol. And weirdly, neither of us has gained weight. And we've probably saved money on not going out to dinner. (Not on the entire purchase, of course, just $50 here and there that would have gone to a decent restaurant.)

Impressive. And now that I've read what the premium auctions come with, I'd say they are probably worth the $1,500 spent.

doritos.png

Is there a way to get points for those of us who don't eat Doritos and drink Mt. Dew?

Haven't read through this thread but have we already discussed the point gifting? I mean because with that I think what'll happen is people here and other sites will just end up "gifting" (selling...) points from their account and nobody with say 10-15,000 points is going to have any chance to win. You'll basically have to see what the auctions are ending at and ask someone else to gift you the necessary points that you need. So if multiple people can "gift" you points, you may need to buy points from a few people in order to get a shit ton of points and then bid. Everyone who plays legitimately is basically going to have zero chance.

I don't know seems kind of messed up that you can gift I guess.

PS if someone wants to gift me some points I'll be buying, or possibly selling since I wont have nearly enough to win anything =)

Wish I ate doritos and drank mountain dew often, but sadly I do not. I doubt I would win anything anyways, never have luck with contests like this and I just feel it's a waste of time to even bother. 

I think when they get this auction going, you will not be able to see what everyone else is bidding, and will not let you know if you won til weeks later.

I think when they get this auction going, you will not be able to see what everyone else is bidding, and will not let you know if you won til weeks later.
Don't think so since that would prevent people from entering other auctions the next day/ same day. Highly doubt that will happen.

I have like 4K right now from people leaving caps around at school. I've probably bought abuot 10 bucks worth of bags/dew.  I still don't think it'll be enugh though.  When i see people talk of 20K+ ?  Seriously?

And they didn't reallys ay HOW people are going to bid.  Do i have to use all my points in 1 auction and hope i win?  If I'm out bid will ig et those points back?  Is it 100 per auction and random winner?

What about people that find the " YOU WON" page?

So many unanswered questions

I have like 4K right now from people leaving caps around at school. I've probably bought abuot 10 bucks worth of bags/dew. I still don't think it'll be enugh though. When i see people talk of 20K+ ? Seriously?

And they didn't reallys ay HOW people are going to bid. Do i have to use all my points in 1 auction and hope i win? If I'm out bid will ig et those points back? Is it 100 per auction and random winner?

What about people that find the " YOU WON" page?

So many unanswered questions
Here are some of the things they say about auctions directly from the official rules:

"Daily auctions will open at 2:01 a.m. ET and will close every two minutes starting at 9:02 p.m. ET and ending at 2:00 a.m. ET nightly (except as noted below) beginning on November 5, 2013 and ending 2:00 a.m. ET on December 9, 2013 ("Auction Period").

On November 29, 2013 aka "Black Friday", there will be 720 Auctions closing every two minutes beginning at 2:00 a.m. ET and ending 2:00 a.m. ET, November 30, 2013."

"Except on November 29, 2013 as specified in Rule 1, Standard Auctions will close every two (2) minutes beginning at 9:02 p.m. ET and ending at 2:00 a.m. ET each night during the Auction Period except when a Standard Auction is replaced by an Advanced or Premium Auction. Advanced Auctions will close once per night, Saturday - Thursday and Premium Auctions will close once per week on Friday evenings, except Friday November 8, 2013. A full list of Auctions will be displayed on the Auction section of the website beginning November 5, 2013.
Participants can participate in the Auction through a bidding module that will allow them to enter and place their bids."

"Every time the Participant places a bid, they will be notified that their bid was accepted onscreen. Participants will then receive a notification when they have been outbid. Bidding activity continues until the Auction time expires. The highest bidder at the time expiration wins the Auction and will be notified via email that they were the highest bidder.
Points used in a bid cannot be retracted. Points also cannot be refunded while the Auction is live. Once an Auction ends, all Points not associated with the highest bid will be returned to the non-winning Participant."

Account limits (also from official rules):

"Limit one (1) Prize awarded through Sweepstakes and one (1) "winning" Auction per person/Account.

Limit one (1) Item per Tier for Tier One and Tier Two per person/Account in the Marketplace. Tier Three does not have a limit for the number of Items that can be procured in the Marketplace."

Hopefully the limits will help some of us lower points people out some since some of the people with extreme high amount of points might leave the Standard Auctions alone for a bit to focus on the Advanced & Premium auctions.

Plus the "720 Auctions closing every two minutes" on Black Friday will probably be kinda crazy/chaotic. Maybe some will get lucky on that day & spill an unnoticed bet in. lol :p

The marketplace items on the other hand though (depending on what they are & for how much) will most likely be a completely different story but we wouldn't know until it & the other parts mentioned are revealed.

Sittin at 4100 was procrastinating to get my codes in.I dont know if should keep trying? Prob avg 600 a day from now til nov 5. Im still buying one if I dont win one! Ps4 killer lol jk

Can't believe I only found out about this two days ago...Sitting strong with 200 points now heh.

Guess I can do some extra grocery shopping this weekend and stock up. Considering 5000+ consoles are going out, I feel like ~5000 points should be good enough if you get in at a lucky time.

I got a late start on this, but I'm up to 1100 points so far (20oz Mountain Dew and a few 100-point Doritos bags). I hope I win an Xbox One. 149 consoles a day seems like a good bit for people who can hit at least 5K.

Does anyone know the character before the "P"
hu9a3ejy.jpg

If you haven't thrown that bag in the trash out of frustration, try "3."

bread's done
Back