Mountain Dew & Doritos [XboxONE promotion]

I got a late start on this, but I'm up to 1100 points so far (20oz Mountain Dew and a few 100-point Doritos bags). I hope I win an Xbox One. 149 consoles a day seems like a good bit for people who can hit at least 5K.

If you haven't thrown that bag in the trash out of frustration, try "3."
Yeah so far it's all speculation as to what's a safe minimum for a console, but on black friday they giving out 700 xbox ones so that should be hectic

Yeah, we will find out on the first day of auctions what a good point stock is. I am hoping around 5000. I should be able to build that up before auctions are over. Even though I just started. I feel bad that I keep getting to these late. Even the Taco Bell one - so winning an Xbox would be great!

I'm wondering if the determining factor for average minimum bids will be affected by people in the high numbers (a few players in the 100K range "gifting" 5K-10K to multiple people). If the contest limits gifting to a few thousand points per account, odds may still be good. But if there is no point limit, that MAY be an issue. One person with 100K gifting 5K apiece to other accounts knocks out 20 auctions if they, indeed, do average at 5K for a win; time will tell.

I've been casually checking this thread for a few weeks now with a mix of excitement and a little anxiousness. I've heard stories for years now about the Xbox 360s that people won back in 2005. I somehow missed the whole thing back then, so I hope this makes up for it. I bought an 11oz bag of Doritos for $2.50 "just because" a couple weeks back at Walmart and only noticed specially-marked Doritos and 2-liter Diet Dew there. Fast-forward a few weeks and a local Dollar Tree I stopped by to pick up some snacks at had four Xbox One 20oz Mountain Dews for $1 apiece (bought all four and haven't seen any others since at ANY of the four stores I checked). I stopped by that same local Walmart yesterday and they now have all the Dews (2-liter, 12-pack, 24-pack and some 20oz) along with those 11oz Doritos and even some 3.75oz bags for $1.28. The 20oz Dews are $1.58 (not the $1 price I WANT to spend, but I may cave next week), while the 2-liters are $1.38. I think I missed out on some of the sales that were going on earlier this month.

Hopefully that same Dollar Tree can get some more Dew in stock. A couple stores still had Iconic Summer 20oz bottles that expired this week  :shock:, so I hope I can get a few there if they restock their Pepsi products. I'm thinking that many people who may want to enter this contest still might not have specially-marked products at the stores they frequent by November 5th. So early bids of around 5K may work without a hitch.  :pray: The catch 22 of Black Friday will be: auctions all day, but three weeks into the contest when stores will almost certainly have stock by then. People will have had time to build up points and the gifting may be out of control (20K auctions vs maybe 5K on week one). On the other hand, most people may blow their points by then, others might give up out of frustration with the way Doritos codes are printed and numbers might be doable (maybe an average of 8K-10K). I assume the BF sales will probably begin on Thanksgiving like last year, so "people are out at the stores" may not affect things as much as some may hope. Again, time will tell...

It's hard to say how the gifting is going to work out. Considering 150k is the max points, I am willing to bet anyone with 100k+ points are going to be bidding everything in those premium auctions. Like you said, as long as the gifting isn't out of control, us small-fry may have a good chance.

So reality though how many people will have 100K points?  20?  And they're giving them away wevery 2 minutes?  How many days? That's like 5000 xbox ones!  All the 20K+ points people will be gone in the first week right?

So I'm sick but in the next few days I'm gonna look around see if they finally stocked up on dew codes at frys.

If they did than I'm stocking up points. They sometimes have those 3/10 or 3/11 on dew and 1.99 for Doritos.

Home this weekend and spreading this promotion to friends/family to help me out. Should make out with 1000+ points this weekend from left-over bottles in recycling.

If anyone wants rid of some codes I'm your man, don't worry, i don't expect them to be free.

I'll trade 48 hour codes or paypal, I also have a 12 month live code (but that'd take quite a bit to get).

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone wants rid of some codes I'm your man, don't worry, i don't expect them to be free.

I'll trade 48 hour codes or paypal, I also have a 12 month live code (but that'd take quite a bit to get).

I would be interested in the live code, though more for a year of PS+

Send me a PM if interested

I have 3500 points so far. I have my Xbox One paid off, but I'd love to be able to win one for a friend so I have someone to play with. I was lucky enough to win a Wii U from the Burger King contest.

I have 3500 points so far. I have my Xbox One paid off, but I'd love to be able to win one for a friend so I have someone to play with. I was lucky enough to win a Wii U from the Burger King contest.
I havent ever won a console from any contest. Im hoping I can win one for my brother although I have 1200 points lol. I doubt Ill get to much more points. Im hoping to hit at least 2k but, I really doubt that will secure a win for me. Maybe Ill have luck with the sweepstakes?

I havent ever won a console from any contest. Im hoping I can win one for my brother although I have 1200 points lol. I doubt Ill get to much more points. Im hoping to hit at least 2k but, I really doubt that will secure a win for me. Maybe Ill have luck with the sweepstakes?
Good luck. Hopefully we're both lucky enough to win.

managed to get my hands on about 400 points my first day back at work today, since I've started collecting codes, since I was sick all last week. I'm up to around 1150 right now, I believe, gonna pick up a couple of 12 packs tomorrow, and I've already made a note in the office at work, and asked, that everyone save me their caps...hopefully I'll be able to get up around 5-7k before it's all said and done.

Just started reading this thread; how does it work? What is this bidding business? I have a whole 200 points and I thought it would be a "luck of the draw" type of winning system.. If it's based on how many points one is willing to bid I'm screwed... 

Just started reading this thread; how does it work? What is this bidding business? I have a whole 200 points and I thought it would be a "luck of the draw" type of winning system.. If it's based on how many points one is willing to bid I'm screwed...
Seems like whoever is the highest bidder is the winner from what is being said, so the more points the better.

I think the sweepstakes entry itself is the luck of the draw portion of this.

Damn. There goes any chance of me winning an xbox one
Look at the bright side: Whatever the amount that wins, they lose ALL those points and everyone else gets their points back. Eventually, the lower number holders just might have a chance.

Been trying to get into my Mountain Dew/Doritos account since this thread started to no avail so created a new one. Will start feeding my sons Doritos for the next few weeks.

Cheers

Sounds like the majority of people here are settling at around 5000 points or less. That's my goal as well. Came out of this weekend pretty well and took advantage of some Mountain Dew/Doritos sales today. Hopefully this new Game Fuel flavor tastes good...After all is said and done, I should be at over 2000 points now. And that only took a little over a week!

Oh, and also won a free Xbox One game from another contest today. So all the more reason to win that Xbox One to go along with it.

Xbox One Daily. You just have to sign up for the forum and make ten posts. First week just finished - it was a drawing out of ~80 entries. Very surprised I won so soon. They will select 2 winners every week now per the new guidelines for the week. After 4 weeks, they do one more drawing for the Xbox One. Considering there will only be 8 possible winners at that point (including myself), the chances are pretty good.

You won't be able to tell how much you need just by looking at an an auction. It's gonna t lower and lower as the event comes to and end since most people will try hard at first and use most of their points.

It's gonna be all about 2-3 weeks after the event started and late nights you will have a chance. When I won the xbox 360 it was around midnight when I seen I won. I remember seeing that Statesville, NC and going wild lolol. A guy on my bus won too. It was so easy last time though.

With only spending around $50 and having all those points my guesses are family/friends that are Mountain Dew addicts or dumpster diving.
I would dumpster dive but I barely see any bottles in the stores. Let alone 12 packs.

Does anyone else feel that this was poorly planned? I'm still seeing Iconic Summer bottles in place of the Every2Minutes bottles.

Yeah, hopefully late nights give a chance. After seeing that SlickDeals thread...Dang. Too many people with way too many points. Hope the promotion puts some kind of cap on gifting.

I live in North Carolina, Salisbury to be exact and see them everywhere. Every store i go to like Dollar General. Foodlion, Walmart and some gas stations all have the small drinks and most bags. Just normal mtd dew though, no other kinds, really wish those small bottle of live wire had them here i love live wire so much.

Like my town isn't a very big town either.

Yeah, hopefully late nights give a chance. After seeing that SlickDeals thread...Dang. Too many people with way too many points. Hope the promotion puts some kind of cap on gifting.
Speaking of SlickDeals, just saw this o_O

"50,275 with 471 codes entered, and around 25,000 yet to be entered, just waiting to pair them with some doritos, spent around $382 so far, none scavenged, not looking for the xbox, hoping there is something awesome in the marketplace, if not ill get an xbox for a friend, i know there will be a nice expensive (according to amazon around $150) xbox one headset in the marketplace, which I'm redeeming for that day one."

Ehhh don't get discouraged by the big hitters, I'm betting 20k or so will get you one of the standard auctions, but what do I know.

I actually just won the PS4 promotion, so now I'm thinking I may just go for marketplace items from this one if I can get enough points saved up.

20k is still a longways from my expected goal of 5000 XD.

Yeah, I saw your lucky grab as soon as the free code came out! Congrats! I will be furiously trying to win as well for the next week and a half.

Thanks, can't believe the free code actually worked, that never happens.

Also, I'm still looking for dew/dorito codes if anyone wants to trade some off (or I'll do $1 a code).

Everyone deserves a little point boost. Kangaroo Express (that little place everyone loves because of their My Coke Rewards point bonuses) currently has a promo:

Text ROOPOINTS to 876765 for a code worth 10 points and 1 sweepstakes entry. Valid to residents in VA, NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, LA, TN or KY. Limit one code per account per day.

Codes are one-time use, so text the number once each day for a new code. The promo runs until December 30th, so that's a possible 630 points for marketplace items (remember, auctions end on December 9th) or 420 points for auctions and a remaining 210 points for Marketplace. The Marketplace closes on January 17th. Every point counts, so get to collecting. :cool:

LINK

There's a promo tab on their main page, but it redirects to the contest website. The link above is all of the "small print" on that tab on its own page.

Ehhh don't get discouraged by the big hitters, I'm betting 20k or so will get you one of the standard auctions, but what do I know.

I actually just won the PS4 promotion, so now I'm thinking I may just go for marketplace items from this one if I can get enough points saved up.
I also saw that in the other thread. Congrats, Mr. "I didn't even WANT a PS4." :lol: Maybe I can trade you an Xbox One for it, if I win one of the sweepstakes.

So, I'm now just under 2K points. That Dollar Tree I went to last week didn't restock any specially-marked bottles of Mountain Dew, so I've been "getting by" on Diet Dew 20oz bottles from Walmart :whistle2:x The taste is so disgusting. I don't know how anyone can prefer it over the regular Dew. Whatever sugar "substitute" they put in It somehow tastes worse than the regular sugar additive. It's a "tolerable" taste at room temperature though.

Most stores I've checked (like Winn-Dixie, Family Dollar and Dollar Tree), don't have any Dew, but have the 11oz Doritos. The Dollar Generals seem to only have the 2 liter Dew and Walmart has everything but the Doritos snack packs and 20oz regular Dew. I'm wondering if product availability will affect the first week of auctions nationwide. Quite a few stores I stopped by have still not replaced old Iconic Summer stock (bottles that either expired last week or this week :roll: ). And I figure by the time these stores actually GET the contest stock in, the auctions will be almost over (and Marketplace items may be slim pickings).

I think 20K might be out of reach for me, but I'd like to hold strong at 3K by next week. Maybe things won't be AS chaotic as we are expecting. I'm crossing my fingers that there will be a cap on gifting. That should at least provide a few hoops for people to jump through if they want to rack up points/auctions by gifting though multiple accounts.

I've only submitted one code so far. 100 points total. woo yeah, so close now. haha! I might have to just drink a ton of MD and eat a ton of doritos by the time this contest starts. 

I think I'm going to have to just go out and buy a shit ton of Mountain Dew in the next couple days. I'm at about 4,000 points and I think it's just not going to be nearly enough with people "gifting". If anyone is selling or gifting I'm buying. 

bread's done
Back