Mountain Dew & Doritos [XboxONE promotion]

I checked in on the Slickdeals thread, and someone had already called and asked about gifting. Unfortunately there is no cap =(.

I guess that means I may be forced into buying gifted points at a lower price or something. I do have lots of digital goods to trade, though. So that's also an option. Don't want to spend anymore than $100 on this contest.

how are u guys at 10K + jeez/ I'm going to break 5K only I've been scourging free cap around campus like carzy
Heh, you are lucky. My campus is sponsored by Coke. So you don't see many Mountain Dews around...In the past few days I managed to find like 300 points worth.

I figured out a way to get almost unlimited points without spending anything but im worried if i did utilize this method it may invalidate my bid if they have an authentication system in place so im not going to do it but im betting others are so... i do wonder.

I figured out a way to get almost unlimited points without spending anything but im worried if i did utilize this method it may invalidate my bid if they have an authentication system in place so im not going to do it but im betting others are so... i do wonder.
Well i guess I better stop collecting codes then. People always try to cheat at everything anymore! Where is the honor?

Hmm.. at least tell me it's not a way to generate codes? I'd hate to buy codes when they might not be legit, thereby getting my account invalidated.

No kidding, that would definitely sour up this entire deal.. It's a shame people have to go screwing things like this up...

My 7-11 down the street finally re-stocked and now they have mountain dew gamer fuel, at least now i don't have to get the green flavor all the time.

I finally discovered a hot spot on my college campus. There were 2 bins with quite a few bottles in them. One I grabbed a few out of. The other had at least 10 bottles in it but it was in front of a bunch of people and and I didn't have the balls to just grab them out in front of everybody. :wall:

I finally discovered a hot spot on my college campus. There were 2 bins with quite a few bottles in them. One I grabbed a few out of. The other had at least 10 bottles in it but it was in front of a bunch of people and and I didn't have the balls to just grab them out in front of everybody. :wall:
It is great how we feel so self-conscious about this stuff haha. I am on a large campus as well, and I feel nervous if I even glance at a garbage can. But it's like...You don't know any of those people, and they probably won't remember what you looked like the next day. I wish there was a way to pick the cans without looking awkward. Haven't figured it out yet haha.

It is great how we feel so self-conscious about this stuff haha. I am on a large campus as well, and I feel nervous if I even glance at a garbage can. But it's like...You don't know any of those people, and they probably won't remember what you looked like the next day. I wish there was a way to pick the cans without looking awkward. Haven't figured it out yet haha.
Dress like a janitor and act like you are emptying the can.

Hmm.. at least tell me it's not a way to generate codes? I'd hate to buy codes when they might not be legit, thereby getting my account invalidated.
All i will say is it has to do with how you get "bonus" points at a certain physical store, Im hoping the authentication system that the contest sponsors have would catch and disqualify the abusers but im not sure about it so it is possible that many are using this "cheat"

All i will say is it has to do with how you get "bonus" points at a certain physical store, Im hoping the authentication system that the contest sponsors have would catch and disqualify the abusers but im not sure about it so it is possible that many are using this "cheat"
Ah. I know about that. That promotion ended on 10/23. So any damage done would be past now. And it would be very difficult to "cheat" that system anyways. If anyone did, I am sure it was not that many people.

Ah. I know about that. That promotion ended on 10/23. So any damage done would be past now. And it would be very difficult to "cheat" that system anyways. If anyone did, I am sure it was not that many people.

what was it

Krogers stores printed off a coupon for bonus points after your rung up two Xbox One drink products. So you could essentially ring up products, get the code, cancel the order, and repeat. Not sure what cashier would let you do that, though.

Yeah at the self checkout you can manually request a void on the machine and the cashier has to come by and restart it. I think all the slick dealers are gonna jump the shark as soon as it opens. Whether it be marketplace items or the advanced aauctions. My advice don't freak out the first two days, keep your eye on the ending bids and see if they are decreasing. I'm at 32,000 points right now and not buying anymore till I see what these things are going for.

Yeah at the self checkout you can manually request a void on the machine and the cashier has to come by and restart it. I think all the slick dealers are gonna jump the shark as soon as it opens. Whether it be marketplace items or the advanced aauctions. My advice don't freak out the first two days, keep your eye on the ending bids and see if they are decreasing. I'm at 32,000 points right now and not buying anymore till I see what these things are going for.
I have no coins. ;_;

32,000 and you will be good to go. Maybe not the first day or two. But I am betting you will get an Xbox easy first week with that amount of points.

I'm way behind. I'm at 3500 right now. Going to have to start snagging more at my work. Make a few trips to the grocery store or something to see if there are some lying around the garbage. Ha.

just a question can i just do the sweepstakes insted of the auction or do i have do both? if not ill give away all my points that wants it becuase (if i do win) i don't want got somewere to play someone just get it (and not really at the age to go to it as im 17) but just asking but im really confused on this and i only care about the sweepstake points more then the auction points. =)

thx, and im also new here as will

just a question can i just do the sweepstakes insted of the auction or do i have do both? if not ill give away all my points that wants it becuase (if i do win) i don't want got somewere to play someone just get it (and not really at the age to go to it as im 17) but just asking but im really confused on this and i only care about the sweepstake points more then the auction points. =)

Yes, you can play with just the sweepstakes if you want. When the auctions go live there is a marketplace that opens up as well. Within the marketplace there will be a place for the sweepstakes. You can just put any amount of sweepstakes entries across whatever drawings you want. No need to use any points.

And I would love to receive your gifted points in the future, if you don't use them =).

Let me know if you get anymore codes you want rid of, I still have some stuff to trade (XBL 12 month, 1600 points, or just plain ole paypal).

PSA: if you are going to sporting events, keep an eye out for dew bottles. Grabbed a couple caps at a football game so far tonight

So what's the going rate on these codes? Couldn't give a rats about the One, but if people are trading and buying codes, I'll help anyone out with what I can find.

So what's the going rate on these codes? Couldn't give a rats about the One, but if people are trading and buying codes, I'll help anyone out with what I can find.
I've been paying about a buck a code(little more if it's high point values) from what I've gotten on slickdeals. I've also offered up some trades (Live 12 month and a few other things) but those would take a decent chunk of codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me know if you get anymore codes you want rid of, I still have some stuff to trade (XBL 12 month, 1600 points, or just plain ole paypal).
ill have mountain dew tomorrow,

thx for telling me about that nax5, i will come here abit early on tuesday, to give someone on here points

btw can you also switch sweeptakes points if so ill trade 50 points for 1 sweepstakes point :)

edit: if not i can just give yall 50 points if needed

ill have mountain dew tomorrow,

thx for telling me about that nax5, i will come here abit early on tuesday, to give someone on here points

btw can you also switch sweeptakes points if so ill trade 50 points for 1 sweepstakes point :)

edit: if not i can just give yall 50 points if needed
It doesn't look like you can gift sweepstakes entries, unfortunately. But yeah, let me know if you have any points - that would be awesome!

For anyone else, I would be interested in trading/purchasing some points. I have dozens of UV Blu-ray codes for trade and Gears of War 2: All Front Collection as well.

Went and got a TON of gamerpacks from walmart today, now just to get the dew codes to match up to them all, should put me above 20k though.

Where do they have 2 liters for a dollar. My store charges $1.69 for a 20 oz. Dew.

The way I look at it, 20k-25k will be the sweet spot to win a Standard Auction; So if I can spend 175-200 bucks to hit that point total, I'm golden. I'm a Xbox fanboy but even I'm having a hard time justifying shelling out 500 bucks for a X1 with all the pessimistic articles, even though I know it will sell well enough.

I knew I would have to go out and do at least one big buy for this promotion. Definitely going to Walmart to check for the Gamer Cases. And then going to Dollar General for cheap Soda plus I have coupons there. Hopefully between all that and then day-to-day codes and help from family, I should be good to go.

out of curiousity, how much are the gamerpacks? and are they on some special display, or on the chip aisle, with the other doritos?

out of curiousity, how much are the gamerpacks? and are they on some special display, or on the chip aisle, with the other doritos?
They are $2.48. So really the best points/$ available. But you will need to pair them up with Dew for optimal points. I have heard a few things about their location. A lot of people still can't even find them at their Walmart. But if they are there, people have found them in grocery or Electronics by the games on a special display.

Honestly I'd rather pay a buck a code than have that much Dew and Doritos on hand. But most of the people bulking codes are getting them from sports events and the like it seems.

Had to go pick up a few groceries, didn't search high and low across the store, but no luck in either the electronics or grocery section

Just got home from work. When everybody was out of the lunch room I grabbed 29 caps from the bottle bin! Oh Yea! LOL. Sitting at 4k now with what I purchased myself..really excited to see what the auctions go for. There can't be that many people every 2 minutes....hopefully.

Yep, went to Walmart today and nothing to be found. Will try again next weekend. I did stop at Holiday though and pick up around 30 bags of Doritos, since they were only a buck a piece. I knew I would have to do a few big buys at some point.

bread's done
Back