MS Live.com Search Cashback program - 25% Cashback @ eBay

fwacce

CAGiversary!
Already on every other board. Should be here as well.

just noticed this while doing a search on live.com for the wii... basically eBay is giving 35% off pretty much anything on their site (only Buy It Now w/ PayPal items) through a Microsoft CashBack program. this is huge... you can get up to $250 back. i just bought a roomba and got $100 off.

here's where i found the 35% off: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE ... not sure if they have higher % off in other places?

here are the terms and conditions on eBay's site: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
looks like you can do this up to 3 times.
Would be a great use on a PS3 with some games. You can get up to $750 or so to get the maximum $250 back.

Great deal, but what are the chances it will actually work?

On the TOS of Microsoft it says that you aren't entitled the cashback if for some reason Microsoft backs out.

Seems too good to be true, 191 replies here and 2000+ replies of Slickdeals. That right there could be millions of dollars lost to Microsoft.

[quote name='Quintox']Did same for me but it still works

To test it out, find anything w/ a BIN but MAKE SURE IT ISN'T IMMEDIATE PAYMENT REQUIRED

So just push Buy It Now, and on that page it should show the 35% off banner. Don't click commit to buy (unless you want the item, of course)[/QUOTE]
It works with Immediate Payment auctions as well. I ordered Viper 5900 that was immediate payment. It tells you how much cash back you'll get before confirming order. Even so, you dont complete the transaction until you pay for it by logging into PayPal. So this is the best option if you want to know. For regular Buy It Now, once you click it, you buy it.

[quote name='Rocko']...I got a cashback message in my eBay account, but when I click the link and sing in I have all zeros. Shouldn't I have that cashback money in the pending section?[/QUOTE]
Again, it takes 1-2 days for it to show. Maybe longer depending on the information sent to MS
[quote name='Switchblade232']Great deal, but what are the chances it will actually work?

On the TOS of Microsoft it says that you aren't entitled the cashback if for some reason Microsoft backs out.

Seems too good to be true, 191 replies here and 2000+ replies of Slickdeals. That right there could be millions of dollars lost to Microsoft.[/QUOTE]
Not if MS is making money. This is their way of bringing in traffic and people to use their search. This is to compete with Google.

[quote name='iazybandit']Again, it takes 1-2 days for it to show. Maybe longer depending on the information sent to MS[/quote]

Oh, okay, as long as that's not abnormal. Thanks!

[quote name='Eeghead']Dor anyone who bought a Wii with 35% off, how much did you save? What was your final price after savings?[/QUOTE]
Why dont you find out the price on eBay and times it by 0.35?

Prices are different from each seller. For example, if a Wii is $320 x 0.35, total saving is $112.

[quote name='lovemetal626']im still seeing 10% off only can someone help me?

thanks guys.[/QUOTE]
Sure...read other posts.

If you read, it says try different words until the 35% comes up. People even give you the words to type to try and get the 35%.

[quote name='iazybandit']Sure...read other posts.

If you read, it says try different words until the 35% comes up. People even give you the words to type to try and get the 35%.[/quote]

do i try different searches in ebay, or live?

i tried cheap ps3 and xbox on live, but its still 10%

[quote name='lovemetal626']do i try different searches in ebay, or live?

i tried cheap ps3 and xbox on live, but its still 10%[/QUOTE]
www.live.com

Keep trying. Try different words. try words that doesnt even relate to what you're looking for such as cameras, brands, etc.

i tried cheap ps3 and xbox on live, but its still 10%[/quote]Live. Search "cheap PS2" and click the link on the top that links you to eBay. It should say 35% off next to it.

i tried cheap ps3 and xbox on live, but its still 10%[/quote]

type CHEAP PS2

[quote name='Rocko']...I got a cashback message in my eBay account, but when I click the link and sing in I have all zeros. Shouldn't I have that cashback money in the pending section?[/quote]

Same for me, I Pm'd a guy who got his, and he said it showed up the next day. so just wait.

[quote name='iazybandit']It works with Immediate Payment auctions as well. I ordered Viper 5900 that was immediate payment. It tells you how much cash back you'll get before confirming order. Even so, you dont complete the transaction until you pay for it by logging into PayPal. So this is the best option if you want to know. For regular Buy It Now, once you click it, you buy it.[/quote]

I know it does, just for testing purposes you don't want to do that, or else you'll be stuck buying the item you were testing to see if the 35% showed.

[quote name='Quintox']I know it does, just for testing purposes you don't want to do that, or else you'll be stuck buying the item you were testing to see if the 35% showed.[/QUOTE]
Again, you're better off with immediate payment Buy It Now auctions. Why? Even if you click on Buy It Now, its not finalized until you send payment. Even when you get to PayPal page to send payment, it shows the 35% cashback.

With normal Buy It Now auctions, once you click on Buy It Now and click confirm, you bought the item from them without sending payment.

So with the Immediate Payment, its shown at least 3-4 times before you send payment on PayPal page. With normal BIN, you see it at most twice without even sending payment and you could of won item. One wrong press of the button and you bought the item. With Immediate Payment, you cant win unless you get all the way to PayPal payment page and actually click on the button that says "SUBMIT PAYMENT"

I just purchased a brand new 16GB Ipod Touch with 1 Year Apple Warranty and a AV Cable and Docking Station! Was 339.99 + 12.99 Shipping! It said I am getting 118 back! Great deal since a normal 16GB Touch is 399.99 in store and the prices never change on those! About 240 for all that stuff NEW is my greatest deal of the month I give it! Thanks Guys!

[quote name='confoosious']What the hell is the difference between Immediate Payment auctions and Buy It Now?

I don't think I've ever seen the former.[/QUOTE]
Buy It Now - Takes two/three clicks and you won item. Once you CONFIRM that you want to Buy It Now (BIN), you bought it. Next step is to send payment.

Buy It Now with Immediate Payment - The ONLY way you win this auction is when you send payment. Once payment is sent, auction is over. So you can click submit and confirm all you want but if payment is NOT sent, you havent won anything.

I had this on my Wii + Wii Fit auctions. Immediate Payments also helps sellers protect themselves for a-holes who like to click on Buy It Now and never pay. With the Immediate Payment, only way its sold is if buyer completes all steps and sends money.

Just search for Xbox 360 and refresh the search a couple of times, the 35% link doesn't take that long to show up. I jut bought Super Mario Galaxy at 41.50 with ~14.30 cashback.

The best way to take advantge of the offer is look for items with free shipping that are equal to others (Item Price + Shipping), that way you´ll get the most cashback possible, just a suggestion

after i buy it, am i suppose to get a message in my ebay account? or my paypal account? or anything?

im worried i just dropped 600 bucks .

Hey, so.....

What's to stop me selling an xbox 360 to my friend for say $740...

and then him selling it back to me in another auction for say $740...

and we both make $250 minus ebay/paypal fees?

[quote name='gkrykewy']Hey, so.....

and we both make $250 minus ebay/paypal fees?[/QUOTE]

nothing is stopping you from doing it. People on SD were talking about.

and we both make $250 minus ebay/paypal fees?[/quote]

By definition and stated rules, Nothing.

Although all it is now is 10%.

It would have to be $710 in order to get it under the $250 limit.

[quote name='iazybandit']Buy It Now - Takes two/three clicks and you won item. Once you CONFIRM that you want to Buy It Now (BIN), you bought it. Next step is to send payment.

Buy It Now with Immediate Payment - The ONLY way you win this auction is when you send payment. Once payment is sent, auction is over. So you can click submit and confirm all you want but if payment is NOT sent, you havent won anything.

I had this on my Wii + Wii Fit auctions. Immediate Payments also helps sellers protect themselves for a-holes who like to click on Buy It Now and never pay. With the Immediate Payment, only way its sold is if buyer completes all steps and sends money.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I never knew this was an option. I sell stuff on ebay and worry peopel won't pay me. Does it cost more to set it up as a Immediate Payment?

dude, i cant even connect to my live cash back account from ebay, when they give you that message. i think there server is F-ed. omg it better work soon, i need my money back.

$210 back on a $630 PS3 MGS4 bundle - SWEET! (No fighting idiot managers at Best Buy, no going to the slimy icky Wal Mart, no camping out, and still get an even better deal once taxes are applied to that original card deal... THX CAG !!!!!)

[quote name='confoosious']Thanks. I never knew this was an option. I sell stuff on ebay and worry peopel won't pay me. Does it cost more to set it up as a Immediate Payment?[/QUOTE]
No, it does not cost extra. However, this ONLY works for fixed auctions. Immediate Payment is not available for regular auctions with BIN. To choose this in fixed auctions, look under Payment section and choose the ACCEPT IMMEDIATE PAYMENT. This will be grayed out if you are listing a normal auction where people bid on your auction.

i cant create a cash back account, there systems is F-ed!!! man this sucks

anyone else having this trouble, my live accoutn also is acting up.

Did I mess something up? I clicked it, banner showed up on top. I closed out Firefox, tried to go back to live and do it again but when I clicked the offer, the banner didnt show up on top of ebay this time.

So let me make sure I got this.

Step one. Go to live.com or whatever

Step two. Search for something, click on the 35% off ebay linky thingy.

Step three. Once at ebay, search for what I want.

Step four. Make sure it's a BIN.

Step five. Pay for it and wait for the cashback to show up?

It will look suspicious if you and your friend buy and sell from each other. You may need a third account just for selling but pay only the fees.
[quote name='Trenchalicious']So let me make sure I got this.

Step five. Pay for it and wait for the cashback to show up?[/QUOTE]
Pretty much.
[quote name='jling84']So is this a one time only thing? If it is, I'm going to make sure I make it a big purchase.[/QUOTE]
You can do this up to 3 purchases. How long will this offer last? No one knows. It can end anytime.

Seriously though, people need to LEARN TO READ. Just because it says 10% doesnt mean its dead. Try a different search word. If it doesnt work, try again. People have posted what words to use for search. This is the last I will mention this. If people think the offer is dead, than too bad for you because its been mentioned on EVERY PAGE to use different search word. If you cant read pages, than I dont think you deserve the 35%. its been mentioned over and over on both CAG and SlickDeals.

Step five. Pay for it and wait for the cashback to show up?[/quote]

That should work. Make sure the Cashback with Paypal image appears before you complete the order.

And, as said above, to make sure it is working, you should do a Buy It Now with Immediate Payment because then you will see the cashback icon before committing to buy the item. But that is optional, it should work nontheless.

Step five. Pay for it and wait for the cashback to show up?[/quote]

step 5 would include making a cash back account with your live account. but there servers are F-ed and it wont work, theres too many ppl trying it.

this is reall pissing me off, it better work soon, if i just dropped 600 bucks and no cash back im hella pissed off

So there is a clause in the terms and conditions saying M$ can back out of paying out right? I don't want to order a $400 phone and then get boned by M$

[quote name='poolshark181']So there is a clause in the terms and conditions saying M$ can back out of paying out right? I don't want to order a $400 phone and then get boned by M$[/quote]

there damned server is messed up, you cant even create a cashback account after you make the purchase,

im starting to think MS did just Bone us all.

[quote name='lovemetal626']there damned server is messed up, you cant even create a cashback account after you make the purchase,

im starting to think MS did just Bone us all.[/QUOTE]
This is just getting annoying now.

This is an amazing deal. I could get a MGS4 80GB bundle for about $360 after cash back! Too bad I still have to pay the full price up front. That's the only thing holding me back right now... :(

I doubt they will bone us because not only are they boning the customers, they are also boning EBAY and Paypal. Think of all the transactions that they will need to cancel if these cashbacks dont go through and the people demand their money back.

Now for the good stuff... my haul is a New 80GB Sony PS3 with GTA4 for $410 :D

bread's done
Back