My slumlord sued me: A cautionary tale; UPDATE: Life in prison. The end.

been wondering about this thread for a long time and finally decided to give a read-through.. epic, and i don't use that word often.

i thought this site was just for saving money on games. turns out that it also lets me waste an hour at work..

i agree with dmaul though, do be careful. who knows what kind of shit he might pull (and i'm not talking about another legal threat) to "get even"?

[quote name='dannyox718']i agree with dmaul though, do be careful. who knows what kind of shit he might pull (and i'm not talking about another legal threat) to "get even"?[/QUOTE]

Or, if he acted alone.

[quote name='speedracer']At this point, I don't see any reason to protect his identity. I just don't want this thread linking on a name search. It's pretty obvious how to find him.[/QUOTE]

Figured as much. The less his name shows up from you, the better.

Congrats on the moral victory for now. Hopefully the reimbursement is on it's way, but for now watching this real life movie run its course is worth something.

[quote name='mitch079']It ain't rocket science. Fingers, thumbs, and toes are also known as digits. Figure it out.[/QUOTE]

Admittedly I didn't get it at first either, I thought they meant he'd done it over the internet or something :oops:

You know, "digitally".

[quote name='tiredfornow']Good shit. Dude looks so sad in that last photograph. :][/QUOTE]

nice sig :) Death Proof was very interesting

[quote name='mitch079']It ain't rocket science. Fingers, thumbs, and toes are also known as digits. Figure it out.[/QUOTE]
Actually, while it wasn't rocket science, it sure for hell wasn't anything common

Because I've never in my life heard someone refer to their fingers as "digits"

Thanks a lot Professor Smugass

[quote name='strongpimphand']Because I've never in my life heard someone refer to their fingers as "digits" [/QUOTE]

I bet some of the high school students you thought you were mentoring in your thread full of advice knew it though.

[quote name='Strell']I bet some of the high school students you thought you were mentoring in your thread full of advice knew it though.[/QUOTE]
You may remove yourself from my nuts at any time, because I promise this is the second time you've mentioned that thread in such a lame humor....

Don't hate me because I'm now what they call "successful"

Such an epic tale, come to a satisfying conclusion.

It's a shame you won't get your money back (from him, at least), but just pretend you paid to be in on some super crazy events. Not everyone gets to tell stories like this!

[quote name='The Crotch']Holy cocks. Thread of two years.[/QUOTE]
Seems like whenever I'd recall that it was around OT somewhere, there'd be a new update waiting. It's the thread that keeps on giving. Cheers, speedracer.

Wow, amazing!
It looks to me like by you keeping him so preoccupied with your court case he had was too distracted to protect himself from being caught for the sex charges. And he had no plan and no time to escape when the shit hit the fan, nor did he have the money that he tried to get you for to help him run.
speedracer, I'd say whether or not you get a penny, that you have done humanity a great service by, in the part that you played, helping to get this guy behind bars. And I say Kudos to that!!

[quote name='Gentlegamer']Not trying to steal any of speedy's thunder, but here's an update from chron.com: Arrest in child sex case follows years of warnings[/QUOTE]

I hate alleged pedos. I hope one of his jail guards tells his fellow inmates about his past deeds. It's from my limited knowledge about jail that child abusers, molesters, and rapist become the prison house bitch. I hope that guy gets HIV and dies for what he allegedly did to children.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Crotch']What is wrong with this sentence?[/QUOTE]

Nothing....

I hate alleged pedos....
Pedos=slang for pedophile
alleged= accused but not proven or convicted

I'm not going to outright call someone a pedo unless it's proven true. That label alone can ruin someone's life. But in all honesty if you're typically alleged to be a pedophile you only have yourself to blame for putting yourself in that position.

[quote name='Sk']Nothing....

I hate alleged pedos....

I'm not going to outright call someone a pedo unless it's proven true. That label alone can ruin someone's life. But in all honesty if you're typically alleged to be a pedophile you only have yourself to blame for putting yourself in that position.[/QUOTE]
If you're accused of a crime, it must be your fault? fuck that motherfucking bullshit.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2003/09/09/abuse_suit030909.html
http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/083100/wor_083100129.shtml
Etc.

Wow, the story just got crazier and crazier. Hope you get your money speedracer, though with the guy in jail, and probably gonna have shittons of legal fees, I have no idea how that would work.

[quote name='Sk']Nothing....

I hate alleged pedos....

I'm not going to outright call someone a pedo unless it's proven true. That label alone can ruin someone's life. But in all honesty if you're typically alleged to be a pedophile you only have yourself to blame for putting yourself in that position.[/QUOTE]

Y'know, there's a guy who posts a blog on CAG who likes to dump a wall of text and angst about how he's going crazy, and he was in a situation where his roommate used the threat of accusing him as a child molester in order to get out of paying rent or utilities.

To some degree, it's his own fault for not being more careful about screening roommates, but does he deserve to be digitally penetrated? (Well, I DO hate those walls of text....)

LOL you guys read way too much into my post....Once again I said he was allegedly a pedo. I never said he was but this guy put himself in a compromising situation with children (working around them and having blankets time with them) and had a psychological evaluation stating he was prone to sexual assault of children too...I'm, just saying this guy only has himself to blame for the situation he's in. I never once presumed his guilt, he like all Americans is innocent until proven guilty by a jury of his peers.
Once again....
alleged= accused but not proven or convicted. You can be accused of a crime and never have commited it...I already conceded to that fact.

[quote name='Sk']I'm not going to outright call someone a pedo unless it's proven true. That label alone can ruin someone's life. But in all honesty if you're typically alleged to be a pedophile you only have yourself to blame for putting yourself in that position.[/QUOTE]

What I meant by the later part of you only having yourself to blame when you're allegedly called a pedo still holds true for the most part. 90% of people that are labeled as such have put themselves in a compromising position with children (i.e. being too close to them, working around them, or generally being foolish about those you socialize with). In these situations you really have only yourself to blame for any accusations true or false you may have against you.

[quote name='Sk']
What I meant by the later part of you only having yourself to blame when you're allegedly called a pedo still holds true for the most part. 90% of people that are labeled as such have put themselves in a compromising position with children (i.e. being too close to them, working around them, or generally being foolish about those you socialize with). In these situations you really have only yourself to blame for any accusations true or false you may have against you.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. I know firsthand that there are unscrupulous parents out there that will use the threat of reporting someone for child molestation to get what they want. It's a problem that is growing, unfortunately.

My ex used to be a 2nd grade teacher. 6 years ago a parent wanted special treatment for her daughter, and demanded various things of my ex that were not only unfair to other students but also against district policy. When she refused, the parent threatened to tell the principal that she had been molesting her daughter. My ex stood her ground and warned her boss that the parent was threatening to claim she molested her daughter.

Since she wasn't budging on treating the girl differently from the other students, the parent DID end up going to the principal, and made the same threat there. Basically the threat was 'Do you want your school, your district, and your teachers on the 10 o'clock news tonight or do you want to give me what I want?'.

The school gave the women what she wanted. The girl was moved to another class, the teacher there was instructed to give the girl easy work, never criticize her, and give her a nap time, even though nap times were not allowed in 2nd grade classes.

My ex was given 6 weeks sabbatical, and the during summer break was dismissed from the the school. Word had gotten around that she caused some kind of incident at the school and she was not able to get work at any other elementary school in town. She now does adult training for a corporate call center.

One THREAT of a false accusation ruined her career as a grade school teacher, something she wanted since she was in High School. She loves children and cared deeply about every kid in her class. It broke her heart to be forced out, and the only chance she has to pick up her career again is to move to another city.

Don't blame her for being put into a position like that by parent with no morals. It was not her fault "for getting into that position". She did nothing wrong and her life was ruined.

Think about where you work now. Would you like it if someone threatened to call you a rapist to get you to do what they want? Would that be in any way your fault for working there??

And that's the problem these days. As unfortunate as it is for the victims, there are people who are willing to scream "child molester" or "rape," (bratty children, jilted girlfriends) in order to get back at people or have their way, and even if it's proven later on that the charges are false, the accused will have that hang over their heads for a very long time.

Now if a person has a history of being accused, that's a different story.

[quote name='Rasen'] As unfortunate as it is for the victims, there are people who are willing to scream "rape," (jilted girlfriends) in order to get back at people or have their way, and even if it's proven later on that the charges are false, the accused will have that hang over their heads for a very long time.

Now if a person has a history of being accused, that's a different story.[/QUOTE]

One reason why I don't trust people in general and have avoided relationships with women most of my life.

[quote name='Digital Idiot']Think about where you work now. Would you like it if someone threatened to call you a rapist to get you to do what they want?[/QUOTE]

They make tape recorders for this sort of thing.

[quote name='2DMention']One reason why I don't trust people in general and have avoided relationships with women most of my life.[/QUOTE]

Which doesn't make much sense considering the very low probability that any of those things will happen.

[quote name='HotShotX']Did this win "thread of the year" last year? If so, I think it needs to go 2 for 2.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

No it didn't, thanks to the asstards at the ECA.

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. SHIT. Oh yeah, Kinko's speedracer's thread. No problem.

bread's done
Back