Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

Yeah don't even bother with the last couple of seasons. I think one of my favorite episodes is from the first season, can't remember the name of it, the episode reminds me of "The Thing". Mulder and Scully go to some remote outpost in (I think) Alaska and some sort of parasite is infecting people and making them crazy.

[quote name='HydroX']Been watching a lot of Prison Break. While I hate Brett Ratner, the show is very addicting. Lots of "yeah, whatever" moments because it's definitely got Ratner's stamp on it, but still a very enjoyable show.[/QUOTE]

I liked the first season, but couldn't bear to watch anything after that.

I've been watching a lot of 3rd rock from the sun and scrubs, and my wife has been watching tons of the cosby show, who's comedy, surprisingly, still holds up.

I just got Netflix via free trial and I got it streaming through my X360, but I was wondering, can you stream it via 2 X360's at the same time, or can you only be signed in one at a time?

Should work on 2 devices at the same time--could get buffering issues depending on how much bandwidth you have etc.

Only issue I could see with 360 is it requires a gold account--not sure if you can be signed in on 2 360s at the same time. If you can, it will work (or if you have 2 gold accounts in your house).

Otherwise you could stream on 360 and another device like a laptop or Roku box etc. at the same time in different rooms as long as nothing has changed since the last time I've done that.

Guess that's a change from the past. Before I had the one disc plan and my roommate and I would watch at the same time in different rooms.

So I stand corrected.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Should work on 2 devices at the same time--could get buffering issues depending on how much bandwidth you have etc.

Only issue I could see with 360 is it requires a gold account--not sure if you can be signed in on 2 360s at the same time. If you can, it will work (or if you have 2 gold accounts in your house).

Otherwise you could stream on 360 and another device like a laptop or Roku box etc. at the same time in different rooms as long as nothing has changed since the last time I've done that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jobbercho']Keep this in mind:[/QUOTE]

Excellent! Thanks to the both of you :bow:

It depends I think, because I have the 1 disk out at a time plan, and we can watch streaming on my 360 and ps3 at the same time any given time, but when I try to stream via PC I can only do it on the PC, no 360 or ps3 at the same time.

Also anyone remember "My so called Life" on MTV years ago? Might be to chick flickey but they're bringing it to streaming in March... It's been a really long time since I've seen that... the chick with the red hair, is about all I can remember lol

SVU watchers, have you noticed how many stars are in the first few seasons? Just guests though, not the lead characters... I'm in season 3, and I've already noticed 4 people from CSI and the chick from Bones, was in one last night... crazy

SVU has quite a few gust stars. One of my favorites was the one with Jerry Lewis as Munch's uncle.

[quote name='Jobbercho']Keep this in mind:[/QUOTE]

That's interesting, but I'm pretty sure its not true. I was using a PC to watch scrubs last night, while my wife was in the living room watching the cosby show on the PS3. It may be policy, but I don't think they enforce it.

We have trouble with hulu plus on more than one device, though.

6 devices is definitely the max. We get a Netflix subscription (3 out at a time + blu-ray) for my parents every year and this year my mom got an iPad and tried linking Netflix to it and we got an error message saying there were already 6 devices connected so I had to disconnect my PS3 so they could use it. Right now we've got (1) their iPad, (2) their PS3, (3) my 360, (4) my iPhone, (5) my iPad and (6) my laptop.

[quote name='schuerm26']anyone have a good starting point for the x-files? Not really wanting to watch 9 seasons of it but defnitely want to watch some of them. Should I just start at the beginning or is there a good place to start later on down the line?[/QUOTE]

start from the beginning. if you dont want to watch the whole thing google a list of the "x-files mythology". x-files mythology is a 4 dvd set that was put out with episodes only central to the main x-files storyline. no monster of the week episodes and such. just the central plot.

I started watching 'Louie', pretty funny IMO. So far I've watched most of the episodes and only one has been a clunker (ep 11). Ricky Gervais is a guest on episode 3.

If you like dark humor you should check it out.

[quote name='porieux']I started watching 'Louie', pretty funny IMO. So far I've watched most of the episodes and only one has been a clunker (ep 11). Ricky Gervais is a guest on episode 3.

If you like dark humor you should check it out.[/QUOTE]

I loved that show. The episode when he takes his date to the pizzeria was hilarious. Definitely not a show for everyone though.

[quote name='ITDEFX']It would be nice to have a Netflix app for the Zune HD :([/QUOTE]

Even nicer if the Netflix app makes it to Android.

I like Louie as well, but I really loved his last series Lucky Louie even more, that show was hilarious once it got going... a shame HBO pulled it too quickly because the ratings for it grew over the course of the season it was on

Louie has been on the Opie & Anthony show a number of times and on one occasion he did go into details about why the show was pulled. From what he said that HBO did love the show but the new CEO if Time Warner did not like Louie CK or his brand of humor so it got axed.

Sorry if this is a repost, didn't see it in the last few pages:

Pulled from Netflix Facebook page:
"New Content Alert! Starting in April, Medium, Twin Peaks, Cheers, Frasier, Family Ties and The Andy Griffith Show will be available instantly from Netflix. We'll also have Star Trek, Hawaii Five-O and The Twilight Zone."

Edit: Didn't like the URL in the original quoted text.....
http://blog.netflix.com/2011/02/netflix-brings-members-cbs-shows-to.html

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Pulled from Netflix Facebook page:
"New Content Alert! Starting in April, Medium, Twin Peaks, Cheers, Frasier, Family Ties and The Andy Griffith Show will be available instantly from Netflix. We'll also have Star Trek, Hawaii Five-O and The Twilight Zone."
[/QUOTE]

Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9.

I'd love for it to be all the Trek shows, but i have a feeling they mean TOS. Happy to see Twin Peaks, Cheers, and Frasier up there though.

[quote name='Clak']I'd love for it to be all the Trek shows, but i have a feeling they mean TOS. Happy to see Twin Peaks, Cheers, and Frasier up there though.[/QUOTE]

TOS used to be on streaming. I am hoping for all the trek shows as well as I've had the urge to watch Next Gen lately and I really don't feel like shelling out all the money for the complete series box set.

Why have TOS come back to Netflix? Would not be surprised if it was Enterprise in HD considering it's been nearly 10 years since the show first aired.... I wouldn't mind voyager, even though I hated the series.

They take stuff off and bring it back later all the time.

Reason being the studio gives limited periods of streaming and sometimes renews them later after a period of time.

I'm sure Netflix would prefer to have everything up permanently, but ultimately that's up to the studios who hold the copyright.

TNG and/or DS9 would be my picks. TNG airs on BBCA right now too.

edit-Speaking of stuff that has been up forever, does Netflix completely own the rights to Sliders or something? as much as I like the show, it's been on there forever.

I'd guess somethings the studios just give pretty much permanent rights to because they aren't selling dvds anymore anyway.

Before you know it things will be like they are on Star Trek anyway... you walk into a room and say "Computer. Star Trek: Deep Space 9. Season 3. Episode 13. Play." and the shit just starts playing on the nearest video device.

[quote name='javeryh']Before you know it things will be like they are on Star Trek anyway... you walk into a room and say "Computer. Star Trek: Deep Space 9. Season 3. Episode 13. Play." and the shit just starts playing on the nearest video device.[/QUOTE]

Someone loves their Kinect way too much huh? ;)

I am truly wondering how much storage space Netflix uses to house these movies? I am also wondering why recent movies (like PoP) aren't in HD streaming...perhaps they are getting low on space? :|

Is that how Kinect works? I've never even tried it! Maybe I need to though... I also wonder how their servers can handle potentially thousands of people accessing the same movie at the same time.

[quote name='javeryh']Is that how Kinect works? I've never even tried it! Maybe I need to though... I also wonder how their servers can handle potentially thousands of people accessing the same movie at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Well DVD players are cheap these days :D I am sure there is some sort of trained monkey who is super fast and gets that disc when you order it to play on instant.

Yeah I always figured that every time I play something that some dude has to run like hell, find the disc, and throw it in a drive to stream to me.:lol:

Netflix had TOS streaming in 2009 but only the first season, sounds like they will be getting the whole run this time.

I honestly wouldn't mind paying up to 20 bucks a month to stream some recent movies in full HD instead of this SD crap :(

Meh, I'll keep prices the same and use disc rentals for recent stuff and things I care about having in HD.

Streaming I just use when in between movies and to watch things like comedies, indie films (character dramas etc.), documentaries etc. where I don't care at all about having HD.

I'm more than willing to pay more also and have a selection of almost everything available via streaming. Though I wouldn't care about it being in HD, I'd be satisfied with how things are now. I just want to choose anything at anytime and not have a collection at home collecting dust on shelves.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I watched the movie "Dogtooth" on instant watch the other night. What the fuck was that.[/QUOTE]

My friend kept bugging me about watching "Big Man Japan" with him a few years back.............now that was a "What the fuck was that?!?" Movie!

This may have been discussed somewhere so, sorry for the repost (if any) but is there any talk of any of the star trek tv shows eventually being streamed? or is there some legality issue there...

Scrubs Season 9 is streaming in HD .. it was broadcast in HD, but never released in HD.. as a Blu-Ray collector, this kind of makes me mad, since Scrubs is one of my top 3 favorite shows..

Yay ds9!!! Although it will mostly look like shit on my 58 inch plasma :( I played TNG from my collection and I was like holy shit that is really bad :(

Check out " The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia" it's a documentary produced by Johnny Knoxville about a white trash redneck drug dealing and using hillbilly clan. LOL also been streaming the old Beavis and Butthead ultimate collections.

Like I said earlier, Frakonomics was a good one. Each segment was done by different documentarians.

bread's done
Back