Never feed GGT #34 after midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am 54 and lets have a ggt meet up at my place

just picked up bioshock 2 on a whim at blockbuster. would be nice to get ignored tonight so i can play some goddamn motherfucking vidyagaems

[quote name='Chacrana']I seriously doubt it's downhill from 30... probably 40, realistically.

But what do I know? I'm 15.[/QUOTE]

They do say that 40 is the new 30.

I hope I can be like Michael Douglas and hook up with a chick 25 years younger than me. She'd be 5 or close to it now.

Just gotta wait 13 more years.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Funny, because I'm pretty sure you mentioned before that you were going to try out for this season of the tester too.

Anyways, I haven't done anything to whore myself out for votes, I was simply hoping for the support of the GGT. If you guys don't want to vote for me, then don't. It's not like it matters all that much right now anyways, half the people on the front page are going to be DQ'd because they have been boosting themselves up to the top.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I thought he was taking a shot at me for some reason for my typo, but this cleared it up. We've all been voting for you, as long as you keep it in your sig, I'll click once to go to the page and another to vote. At least you're keeping your dignity and not whoring yourself out. Which is what I friggin' meant in the first place but the typo fucked it all up! LOL!

Speaking of that sorta thing, I have a problem. See, sometimes I'll see a girl that's probably like 8, and I'm like "damn, she's gonna be hot as fuck when she's older," but then I realize that maybe I actually just think she's hot now.

28v6fwx.jpg

Gremlins have bad grammar

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Funny, because I'm pretty sure you mentioned before that you were going to try out for this season of the tester too.

Anyways, I haven't done anything to whore myself out for votes, I was simply hoping for the support of the GGT. If you guys don't want to vote for me, then don't. It's not like it matters all that much right now anyways, half the people on the front page are going to be DQ'd because they have been boosting themselves up to the top.[/QUOTE]

lol nothing wrong with the way you're approaching it, don't take it as an insult. I'm just saying, there are ways to get GAF kids to vote for you that don't involve any selling out, just simply posing yourself as a Sony fan and a girl will get them on your side. It doesn't take much.

just beat dragon age for the first time... wow! im actuly sad it's over. i'll hopefully be picking up awakening very soon. on that note how long is awakening?

I just started playing Tales of Destiny 2 JP import on PSP. I'm definitely enjoying it and greatly wish we got it stateside. I'm close to importing more Tales games, such as:
Tales of Hearts (DS)
Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X (PSP)
Tales of Rebirth (PSP)
Tales of VS (PSP)
Tales of the World: RM2 (PSP)

Beat the Starcraft 1 single-player story. Starting on Brood War now.

Haven't done much other gaming the last week or so.

I would like to get EoJ Legends. I have the points thanks to Kmart, but I kind of want to get Scott Pilgrim and maybe Lara Croft Guardian of Light too...

[quote name='Chacrana']See, sometimes I'll see a girl that's probably like 8, and I'm like "damn, she's gonna be hot as fuck when she's older," but then I realize that maybe I actually just think she's hot now.[/QUOTE]

dissapoint-fail-celebrity-sports-mma-cats-videogames-tv-rand-demotivational-poster-1249654449.jpg

[quote name='Chacrana']Man, I wish there was a good JRPG out. I feel starved for entertainment :([/QUOTE]

Dude, what are you talking about, bro? There are plenty if you know where to look.

Apparently you didn't see this post.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I just started playing Tales of Destiny 2 JP import on PSP. I'm definitely enjoying it and greatly wish we got it stateside. I'm close to importing more Tales games, such as:
Tales of Hearts (DS)
Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X (PSP)
Tales of Rebirth (PSP)
Tales of VS (PSP)
Tales of the World: RM2 (PSP)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gunm']I would like to get EoJ Legends. I have the points thanks to Kmart, but I kind of want to get Scott Pilgrim and maybe Lara Croft Guardian of Light too...[/QUOTE]

If it's either EoJ or Scott Pilgrim, get Scott. The soundtrack is worth it alone.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
Apparently you didn't see this post.[/QUOTE]
You mean that post with all imported RPGs? Not sure how much fun an RPG is if you can't read text.

speaking of which I got Lunar off of PSN since it was only 15$ I haven't tried it out yet but I did enjoy the Demo.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']You mean that post with all imported RPGs?

speaking of which I got Lunar off of PSN since it was only 15$ I haven't tried it out yet but I did enjoy the Demo.[/QUOTE]

That's why I said "If you know where to look." ^__^

Most Tales games are awful, and most PSP RPGs are awful. Combine the two and it's RPG poison. Vesperia = the best Tales game easily.

And the only decent version of Lunar is the original. All of the remakes suck.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']TMK, how do you possibly enjoy import RPGs?

Only games I've ever imported are fighters and shooters... for obvious reasons.[/QUOTE]

Only title I've ever imported was Elektroplankton since the JP version was a million times nicer than the US one.

I imported a Gundam game and a Ikkitousen game.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
Most Tales games are awful, and most PSP RPGs are awful. Combine the two and it's RPG poison. Vesperia = the best Tales game easily.
.[/QUOTE]

ToS and ToA were both good games. Tales of the World would have been good if it wasn't so grind heavy.

And the only decent version of Lunar is the original. All of the remakes suck
Thats nice.

That's pretty much true... I feel like Symphonia 1 and Vesperia were the only really good games in that series anyway.

Alzo, I import fighters, shmups, and Beatmania. Because I am an absolute weeaboo.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']
ToS and ToA were both good games. Tales of the World would have been good if it wasn't so grind heavy.

Thats nice.[/QUOTE]

ToS and ToA are 2nd and 3rd respectively. ^_^

And I say the remakes suck as somebody who has played them all minus the PSP version. I just assume it sucks.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Only title I've ever imported was Elektroplankton since the JP version was a million times nicer than the US one.[/QUOTE]

The only game I've ever imported was Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 for the GCN.

Only thing I've ever imported was Jump! Ultimate Stars. It's fun and playable but needing to have a translation guide at my side prevents me from taking the initiative to play it anymore.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Tales of Abyss was garbage.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that. The combat system was good, but everything else about it was completely generic and boring. I never understood why people gave a damn about that game.

And ReRo, you stole those pics from an ebay auction a few years ago. Still legit, though.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']TMK, how do you possibly enjoy import RPGs?

Only games I've ever imported are fighters and shooters... for obvious reasons.[/QUOTE]I like Tales for the characters, battle system, and story. While I can't read the story directly (I can still look at translation guides), I can still play the awesome battles. I already own two import Tales games, ToV PS3 and ToD2 PSP (I also have Tales of Eternia on PSP, but its in Europe English).

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']You mean that post with all imported RPGs? Not sure how much fun an RPG is if you can't read text.

speaking of which I got Lunar off of PSN since it was only 15$ I haven't tried it out yet but I did enjoy the Demo.[/QUOTE]Lunar is awesome. One of my favorite RPGs of all time. Have not played a lot of the PSP one, but I only the Limited Edition.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']That's why I said "If you know where to look." ^__^

And the only decent version of Lunar is the original. All of the remakes suck.[/QUOTE]I fully disagree. Tales of Symphonia was by far my favorite, since I found the characters quite lovable, love the graphics/artwork, storyline was great and emotional, and I felt its battles were the smoothest.

Despite how many love ToV, it's probably my least favorite Team Symphonia game. Battles don't feel as smooth, but my main issue is Yuri. He just doesn't appeal to me the way Lloyd/Genis, Luke, Kyle, Reid, and Stahn appealed to me. I even prefer Emil over him, since at least Emil had quite a lot of emotions (Emil is like me in ways).

[quote name='Chacrana']I agree with that. The combat system was good, but everything else about it was completely generic and boring. I never understood why people gave a damn about that game.

And ReRo, you stole those pics from an ebay auction a few years ago. Still legit, though.[/QUOTE]I highly disagree. I felt Tales of the Abyss was the best Tales game after Symphonia which I played. I found Luke to be an awesome character and the storyline was great. Only thing I hated was the world map load times and slowdown.

I'm looking to import Espgaluda II Black Label and Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5 on Xbox 360, but I'll admit I feel a bit weird paying $150 for 2 games (especially short shooters). However, since Espgaluda II was a lot of fun (played at Otakon), now I want the game. Buying both at once would save on shipping.

I own like 9-10 imports right now. Looking to double or triple that this year.

Oh God, Tales of Eternia...

that game wasn't bad or anything. I finished it and did a lot of the extra stuff, but man... it did not need to exist. It was an exceptionally 6/10 kind of game.

[quote name='Chacrana']Oh God, Tales of Eternia...

that game wasn't bad or anything. I finished it and did a lot of the extra stuff, but man... it did not need to exist. It was an exceptionally 6/10 kind of game.[/QUOTE]
Many of my friends felt it was one of the best RPGs ever. It wasn't my absolute favorite Tales, but still wonderful (while I prefer its battle system compared to ToD, I still preferred ToD). But then again, I'm just a big Tales fan. I'd buy a copy of every single Tales game if they all came stateside, even ports.

Lets see as far as imports that I own:

Doraemon: Nobita to Mittsu no Seirei Ishi (N64) - (At one point in this game you fight Evil Santa. This was also the first game I ever imported)
Doraemon Kart 2 (GBC)
Final Fantasy V (SNES)
Pokemon Green (GB)
Mother 1 + 2 (GBA)
Mother 3 (GBA)
Minna De Puyo Puyo (GBA)
Tales of Rebirth (PSP)
Super Robot Wars MX Portable (PSP)
Soma Bringer (DS)
7th Dragon (DS)

My import collection goes:

PS3
Battle Fantasia (Asia)
Tales of Vesperia (Japan)

PSP
Breath of Fire III (Europe)
Parodius Portable (Japan)
Ridge Racer 2 (Asia)
Salamander Portable (Asia)
Taiko no Tatsujin Portable (Japan)
Tales of Destiny 2 (Japan)
Tales of Eternia (Europe)
Twinbee Portable (Asia)

I use to have Ape Escape Racer on PSP from Asia.

Looking to buy some Tales imports, at least one Bleach: Heat the Soul game, two region free Cave shooters on 360, Gundam Senki for PS3 (once the best version comes out), Kenzan, Neo Geo Shooting Collection, and various others on PSP.

Traded in two cheap games to get $40 off of Madden 11, though I'm wondering if I pre-ordered at the right store since I wonder if the store that's closer to the Pro Football Hall of Fame still gets 100+ people waiting in line for the midnight launch.

The clerks there mentioned that they're officially launching their rewards program at the Madden launch, but I hope they've tweaked the reward prices that the rumored test program has ($4k spent to get a 360 controller). At least it's a free upgrade with the same perks as before.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']The only game I've ever imported was Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 for the GCN.[/QUOTE]
Yep, I got GNT 3 and 4 along with some other Gamecube stuff to make use of the freeloader disc I had, though that became a waste with the death of my Gamecube and Nintendo continually blocking Wii-specific iterations.

The only other imports I've purchased that I can still play are Bit Generation games like Dialhex and Dotstream.

Just Cause 2 - the perfect podcast game. Blow things up, ignore the stupid story.

Tales games are garbage. I've tried vesperia and symphonia and they sucked.

They put those things out so often it's like the JRPG call of duty. How can you possibly care anymore?

My import collection is rather sporadic

PSP
DJ Max Portable Clazziqaui
DJ Max Portable Black Square

DS
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Soul Silver
Lost Magic

PS1
Fire Pro Wrestling G

GCN
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle
Wave Race Blue Storm
REmake

DC
Giant Gram Pro Wrestling
New Japan Pro Wrestling 4
Fire Pro Wrestling D
Guilty Gear X
Capcom vs SNK Millenium Fight 2000 Pro
Marvel vs Capcom 2

N64
Virtual Pro Wrestling
Virtual Pro Wrestling 2
Super Mario 64

SAT
Fighters Megamix
Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter

SNES
Sonic Wings
Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars

[quote name='SL4IN']My import collection is rather sporadic

PSP

DS
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Soul Silver
Lost Magic

PS1
Fire Pro Wrestling G

GCN
Wave Race Blue Storm
REmake

DC
Giant Gram Pro Wrestling
Fire Pro Wrestling D
Guilty Gear X
Marvel vs Capcom 2

N64
Virtual Pro Wrestling
Virtual Pro Wrestling 2
Super Mario 64

SAT
Fighters Megamix

SNES
Sonic Wings
Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars[/QUOTE]

Why bother with the ones in bold? Weren't they released stateside? Unless there's strange differences?

For the Pokemans it'd probably to get them early.

Why the fuck you want to spend any more money than necessary on Lost Magic boggles my dick, though.

I have a few imports too, though.

Soul Calibur 2 GCN - Because it came out like 9 months earlier there.
Mother 3
Bit Generations Dotstream and Digidrive
Ouendan

I bought Xmen vs SF and MSH vs SF on Saturn but I have since sold them.

[quote name='SL4IN']My import collection is rather sporadic

PSP

DS
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Soul Silver
Lost Magic

PS1
Fire Pro Wrestling G

GCN
Wave Race Blue Storm
REmake

DC
Giant Gram Pro Wrestling
Fire Pro Wrestling D
Guilty Gear X
Marvel vs Capcom 2

N64
Virtual Pro Wrestling
Virtual Pro Wrestling 2
Super Mario 64

SAT
Fighters Megamix

SNES
Sonic Wings
Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars[/QUOTE]

That's a lot of imports.

My import list is:

Sonic The Hedgehog PS3

Yeah...

GTA Chinatown Wars finally started picking up with the drug trading stuff, which I may just stop doing missions until I buy out all of the properties that I can find. Not a fan of the slowdown when a ton of stuff is happening on screen.

Any tips? Should I just stock up on stuff and sell it when I get emails about people that are paying extra for that stuff? Also, is there any way to avoid a drug bust from a buyer, as I've had a few that didn't have cameras around to tell if it was just random or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back