Beatmania IIDX 12 Happy Sky
Beatmania IIDX 13 Distorted
Beatmania IIDX 14 Gold
Beatmania IIDX 15 DJ Troopers
Beatmania IIDX 16 Empress + Premium Best
Espgaluda
Final Fantasy X International
Hokuto no Ken
King of Fighters XI (because the 480p mode was removed in the US)
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug 6
Psyvariar 2: Ultimate Final
Sega Ages Vol. 25: Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box

Xbox 360:

Espgaluda II
Ketsui Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra

Dreamcast:

Border Down
Capcom Vs. SNK 2
Shenmue II (EU)
Under Defeat

Saturn:

Battle Garegga
Elevator Action Returns
Silhouette Mirage
Soukyugurentai Otokuyo
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Thunder Force V
Vampire Savior
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter

PC:

Melty Blood: Act Cadenza Ver. B
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

Super Pretendo:

Rockman & Forte

hrm... :(

Can't say that I've ever imported anything.

ToA was terrible. Hated Luke, hated the mascot rabbit-thing, hated the whole damn thing. Battle system was good though, and I liked that they fixed the camera so that it didn't just zoom in on P1 like in ToS. Good for multiplayer.

Speaking of ToS, I liked that a lot, but fuck I couldn't stand Colette. At first, when I didn't know anything about the game, she was alright because of Judgment. Then when I started getting good at it, I never used her unless she was forced into my party.

Got quite a few imports, started during PSX days to get Tobal 2. :drool:

Played a lot of Super Famicom imports, but they weren't mine.
I remember playing a Dragonball game and only years later figuring out that it was Dragonball.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Why bother with the ones in bold? Weren't they released stateside? Unless there's strange differences?[/QUOTE]

To make a very long winded post short, A lot of the American release imports I own I got because either a) I acquired them before the game was announced for/released in America, or b) I didn't own the American version and was offered the import at a low price that couldn't be had on their American counterpart. With most Saturn and DC games, imports are always cheaper and usually the option I opt for. For Pokemon, it's the case of having the game that much earlier. With Platinum, it hadn't had an American anouncement at the time of release in Japan, and with Soul Silver, there are a few minor differences, the main being in the Japanese version of the game, there is still the game corner (having slot machines) and in the PAL and US versions of the games, Nintendo replaced the slot machines with a card flipping game, and having access to Japan-only wifi events is also another huge plus.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']For the Pokemans it'd probably to get them early.

Why the fuck you want to spend any more money than necessary on Lost Magic boggles my dick, though.[/QUOTE]

Lost Magic I bought at a gamestop for a few dollars, mainly because it was the PAL version of the game (meaning it had full English) and because I had wanted to give the game a try.

I have imports...too many to list. Mostly DC and Saturn stuff, though I have a few 360 and PS2/3 too.

I got UT from GS today. :D

And also Lego Batman/Pure since I was there, and my son enjoys the Lego Batman demo.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Tales of Abyss was garbage.[/QUOTE]
You're garbage.

I figured out why my laptop was overheating when playing SC2. It was too low to the table and all the hot air getting blown out was just getting sucked back in. I'm such an idiot for missing something that simple...

Tales of Abyss is unplayable (up to a point) on a BC PS3, but what little I played of it had me wishing I was playing Symphonia instead.

I've never owned any imports.

Can anyone recommend to me some modern PC point-and-click adventure games? And please don't say Sam & Max or the Monkey Island remakes or something like that. Nothing cartoony, I'd rather play something closer to Heavy Rain in terms of graphics and story content. I've just been jonesing for a good point-and-click mystery.

Quite a bit of importers here. I myself have never imported anything. The only thing I considered was Demon's Souls before it was announce for the states.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']hhaayyyyyyy

I haven't played a game in about 2 months now. Yay summer...[/QUOTE]
BEAR! Sit down and play a game!

---------
Darksiders is finally picking up! Man, the first like, hour of that game was really fucking boring to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='corrosivefrost']For less than $5, UT3 was totally worth it.[/QUOTE]
I agree. I have only spent about an hour with it, but the mods make it really feel like money well spent. I can't wait till we get to do a GGT game on it!

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I agree. I have only spent about an hour with it, but the mods make it really feel like money well spent. I can't wait till we get to do a GGT game on it![/QUOTE]

I played one instant match against the CPU last night and ended up going 20-1. God the default AI sucks. :D
However, I love the idea of fraggin' bitches as Sonic. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Krymner']Can anyone recommend to me some modern PC point-and-click adventure games? And please don't say Sam & Max or the Monkey Island remakes or something like that. Nothing cartoony, I'd rather play something closer to Heavy Rain in terms of graphics and story content. I've just been jonesing for a good point-and-click mystery.[/QUOTE]

Your making it really hard removing Telltales Games from suggestions since they are like the only company outside of Capcom and the Ace Attorney series that are making point-and-click games. Although there are also some short indie games in the genre as well.

But as far as older games that are similar to what you're looking for you might consider:
Indigo Prophecy - If you haven't already played it, since it is from the same company as Heavy Rain.
The Longest Journey - Kind of a mix of serious and a little cartoony, but a lot of people really love the game. Though I thought some of the puzzles didn't make a whole lot of sense.
The Dig - An old game, but if you like Sci-Fi you'd probably enjoy it.

As far as a couple of indie games I can recommend, if you like horror you might check out these couple Free browser games:
Exmortis
Exmortis 2

[quote name='Krymner']Tales of Abyss is unplayable (up to a point) on a BC PS3, but what little I played of it had me wishing I was playing Symphonia instead. [/QUOTE]

I'll agree with that.

I hear that that "secret files Tunguska" is a good PC adventure game.

Also the Syberia games and The Longest Journey games. And Broken Sword games.

Longest Journey is pretty great from what I've played. Never got around to beating it though. I should probably get on that.

I finally beat God of War 1, probably going to wait a bit to play the second one though since I was kind of getting burned out on the game towards the end. Now I'll probably focus on beating Mass Effect 2 (not that far into it yet) and Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All (which I'm on the final case of) since both of those are a bit over-due for being beaten.

Speaking of point-and-click adventure games, Machinarium is fantastic and is on sale for only $5 right now (regular $20). I paid $15 for it and and was completely satisfied.

[quote name='Krymner']Tales of Abyss is unplayable (up to a point) on a BC PS3, but what little I played of it had me wishing I was playing Symphonia instead.

I've never owned any imports.

Can anyone recommend to me some modern PC point-and-click adventure games? And please don't say Sam & Max or the Monkey Island remakes or something like that. Nothing cartoony, I'd rather play something closer to Heavy Rain in terms of graphics and story content. I've just been jonesing for a good point-and-click mystery.[/QUOTE]
ToTA worked fine in a 20GB/60GB PS3. The 80GB (with partial software BC, which you have) might have issues with the game.

I still mostly played it on PS2, but played a few times on my PS3 a while ago.
[quote name='Mr. Beef']Can't say that I've ever imported anything.

ToA was terrible. Hated Luke, hated the mascot rabbit-thing, hated the whole damn thing. Battle system was good though, and I liked that they fixed the camera so that it didn't just zoom in on P1 like in ToS. Good for multiplayer.

Speaking of ToS, I liked that a lot, but fuck I couldn't stand Colette. At first, when I didn't know anything about the game, she was alright because of Judgment. Then when I started getting good at it, I never used her unless she was forced into my party.[/QUOTE]I really liked that mascot rabbit-thing, one reason I loved the game.

I thought Colette was good, but my favorite character is still Genis. I just really like Genis, want to cosplay as him at a future anime convention I go to. He's a lot like me (short, genius in school, etc.).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
I thought Colette was good, but my favorite character is still Genis. I just really like Genis, want to cosplay as him at a future anime convention I go to. He's a lot like me (short, genius in school, etc.).[/QUOTE]

You're short, but I dunno if you're a genius...

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Shocking TMK likes the 2 worst characters in ToS.[/QUOTE]

As a character, I wasn't a fan of Genis. As a party member though, he never left my side.

I might go to Gamestop sometime today and grab UT3 since I need to pick up a $20 PSN card anyways for Scott Pilgrim this week. I'd be interested in playing, especially since I'm so bad at FPS in general. :p

I don't use Genis because he's fucking dumb. I hate stupid JRPG characters with stupid voices and stupid-ass weapons. Genis is the Hope of ToS.

He also has yet to say anything other than "LLYOD YOUR SO DUMB IM A GENIUS DID YOU KNOW" and get hard-ons for Presea.

[quote name='Chacrana']You're short, but I dunno if you're a genius...[/QUOTE]Look at my college GPA and performance in classes. I was always at the top of my class.
[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Shocking TMK likes the 2 worst characters in ToS.[/QUOTE]Most could probably guess who I hated in ToS....

Hope was one of the characters I bought figurines to at Otakon:
OtakonZoom2.jpg

[quote name='Mr. Beef']As a character, I wasn't a fan of Genis. As a party member though, he never left my side.[/QUOTE]
I will avoid using characters I hate at any cost.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Most could probably guess who I hated in ToS....[/QUOTE]
Obviously the old lady you end up killing early on in the game. After all no one really likes the elderly.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Look at my college GPA and performance in classes. I was always at the top of my class.
[/QUOTE]

Yawn. If that were the standard for being a genius, then I'd be a genius, too. But realistically, I'm a fucking idiot.

And I'm guessing your least favorite character was probably that dude who fought with his bare hands, because he was cool. So tough to relate to.

[quote name='icebeast']This indie game is fairly awesome, and the music is amazing:
Tower of Heaven[/QUOTE]

Also as a follow up that game reminded me of one I played a little while ago:
60 Seconds to Save the Queen

... and who would buy a Hope figure? Although I guess to each their own, I got a Gundam Exia Trans-Am Mode model at Otakon because it is one of very few models which are pink. But I just like making the models (made 6 so far) I don't really watch any of the Gundam shows, though I am watching Gundam 00 since I'm slightly interested.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Hope's least favorite was Sheena because breasts scare him.[/QUOTE]
Or he hates Jennifer Hale... either way he would be wrong.

[quote name='Chacrana']And I'm guessing your least favorite character was probably that dude who fought with his bare hands, because he was cool. So tough to relate to.[/QUOTE]

I tried playing as Regal one day because he looked like a bad-ass. He's hard as fuck to actually combo with! It's just a lot better to see the CPU beat shit up with him and make him look flashy. I tried Sheena too, but she's easy mode with her combos, plus she doesn't do all that much damage without eating most of her MP. Kratos/Zelos were alright for Lloyd replacements. I never got around to try manually controlling Presea, because most characters with axes in vidya games tend to stink.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Look at my college GPA and performance in classes. I was always at the top of my class.
[/QUOTE]

Being able to score well in classes doesn't make you a genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back