NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

That quote says it is for registering the console. Maybe those coins are a bonus in addition to the regular Wii U coins? Wishful thinking maybe.

I would hope the Deluxe one is more since it has Nintendo Land in it, which doesn't come with a Club Nintendo code in the Deluxe version.

[quote name='KingBroly']I would hope the Deluxe one is more since it has Nintendo Land in it, which doesn't come with a Club Nintendo code in the Deluxe version.[/QUOTE]

It's still 160 coins whether you register the basic or deluxe versions.

Question for those in the know.

I just got a 3DS XL today. I don't want to register it at club Nintendo until next year. When I connect it online, will it try to register it to my account? I do want to access the store however...

[quote name='mtxbass1']Question for those in the know.

I just got a 3DS XL today. I don't want to register it at club Nintendo until next year. When I connect it online, will it try to register it to my account? I do want to access the store however...[/QUOTE]

If you're waiting so that you get to enter it at the beginning of 2013, I think the Club Nintendo redemption year runs from July - June, not Jan - Dec.

That being said, I'm also a new 3DS XL owner and just signed up for CN. I've got 250 points already and have an eye on the Reversible Pouch. How often do they switch up the mid-level items (around 250 points)? Just don't want to blow my entire point budget and have some way cool thing debut soon.

Thanks!
-Sean

Um, I went to enter my Wii U code on my Club Nintendo account and it told me my account was deactivated. WTF!?!?

OK, I sent off an email. It appears maybe (from looking at some other forums) that it is because of more than one account per address. My wife has her own account and that one is still OK. But the one they deactivated was the main one I've put all my codes in since the Gamecube days. We've had the 2 accounts in tandem for 2-3 years now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='grifta67']If you're waiting so that you get to enter it at the beginning of 2013, I think the Club Nintendo redemption year runs from July - June, not Jan - Dec.

That being said, I'm also a new 3DS XL owner and just signed up for CN. I've got 250 points already and have an eye on the Reversible Pouch. How often do they switch up the mid-level items (around 250 points)? Just don't want to blow my entire point budget and have some way cool thing debut soon.

Thanks!
-Sean[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm aware that I'd have to wait until July. I'm already at Platinum this year and really don't want to waste these points during this current calendar year.

vM4iR.jpg

100 Coins
until December 2, 2012,

[quote name='Fatality']
100 Coins
until December 2, 2012,[/QUOTE]

It's also regularly available for $1.99 on the Nintendo eShop.

10 coin bonus for registering New Super Mario Bros. U, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Nintendo Land (no code in the Wii U Deluxe bundle as indicated by King Broly), and Sing Party expires 12/18.

List of CN eligible Wii U games are here. It appears that some full downloadable games, such as ZombiU, Scribblenauts Unlimited, and Assassin's Creed 3 are CN eligible while their retail counterparts are not.

You will get Club Nintendo Coins for the pack in version of Nintendo Land if register the Deluxe Edition. Which doesn't come with a Code. Registration is done through linking the system to your account.

[quote name='KingBroly']You will get Club Nintendo Coins for the pack in version of Nintendo Land if register the Deluxe Edition. Which doesn't come with a Code. Registration is done through linking the system to your account.[/QUOTE]

Any idea when those coins are supposed to be added? I registered my system at launch, but I still don't have the coins for Nintendo Land. My system is linked and I already did the survey for the system and got the 160 coins.

Edit: Nevermind. I just saw the destructoid link you posted in the discussion thread.

Future FAQ question, does save data stay in the main system memory for a game on an external drive or is it on the external drive too?

[quote name='KingBroly']You will get Club Nintendo Coins for the pack in version of Nintendo Land if register the Deluxe Edition. Which doesn't come with a Code. Registration is done through linking the system to your account.[/QUOTE]

Was about to ask about this - couldn't find a code and was wondering if my box was missing one!

[quote name='Theswweet']So glad I bought ZombiU digitally.

Great game, by the way.[/QUOTE]
I just now noticed that non-Nintendo Wii U games have been offering Club Nintendo coins for the digital versions, that's a nice bonus.

[quote name='Octopod']They upped the amount of coins it cost. Oh well. I have 735 coins and I doubt I will get anything between then and now.[/QUOTE]

It was always 900?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Question for those in the know.

I just got a 3DS XL today. I don't want to register it at club Nintendo until next year. When I connect it online, will it try to register it to my account? I do want to access the store however...[/QUOTE]

I'm not totally sure if it's the same deal with 3DS XL as with Wii U, but I recently connected my Wii U. Now a product registration survey appears in my "to do" list. I was also thinking of saving my Wii U for the next Nintendo year so I could reach platinum easily. However, under the "product registration survey" it says "expires Nov 27th". That would be one week after connecting my Wii U to my Club Nintendo account. Does this mean that I only have one week to finish the survey and collect the points? Anyone know?

[quote name='Mixer236']I though all games for Nintendo systems now include Club Nintendo points?[/QUOTE]

All games published by Nintendo, all Wii Shop/eShop titles, and some 3rd party games.

[quote name='foltzie']All games published by Nintendo, all Wii Shop/eShop titles, and some 3rd party games.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I had just assumed it was the new standard.

[quote name='mafu']I'm not totally sure if it's the same deal with 3DS XL as with Wii U, but I recently connected my Wii U. Now a product registration survey appears in my "to do" list. I was also thinking of saving my Wii U for the next Nintendo year so I could reach platinum easily. However, under the "product registration survey" it says "expires Nov 27th". That would be one week after connecting my Wii U to my Club Nintendo account. Does this mean that I only have one week to finish the survey and collect the points? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Same here, only mine expires tomorrow! :shock: I wanted to save it but I guess I should do it to be safe?

Anyone have problems linking the WiiU to register & get coins? I followed the directions but I'm clearly missing something.

This sucks I only have 590 cause I thought it wouldnt come back in stock. Its not fair to have the price so high cause some people like to get VC games and didnt want the Coins to vanish.

So is there any word on when my Kirby 20th medallion will ship? I put my order in Sept. 5 and it is still listed as backordered...who should I contact about this?

Also, if you registered your Wii U on launch day and played Nintendo Land you can take the 50 coin post play survey right now.

[quote name='KanYozakura']So is there any word on when my Kirby 20th medallion will ship? I put my order in Sept. 5 and it is still listed as backordered...who should I contact about this?

Also, if you registered your Wii U on launch day and played Nintendo Land you can take the 50 coin post play survey right now.[/QUOTE]

Who knows, mine still says the same. I do remember them saying it would ship out in November, though there's only a week left. I'd say it's probably just taking longer than they expected, unless someone else has gotten a shipping notification?

Well I am sitting at 855 coins now. Too bad the copy of Zombie U I just bought doesn't come with a code. Guess I'll just have to miss out on this because I'm sure it will be gone quick.

[quote name='Octopod']Anyone have any idea when the Gold nunchuck should be available to get?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mtutick']It's up now. Just ordered mine :)[/QUOTE]

Dammit, I knew I forgot to do something last night.

Just ordered my Nunchuck, luckily I found a mint copy of Wii Fit at a local GS for $0.99 this weekend for the 100 coins I needed to get this, happy I was able to scrounge up the coins otherwise.

Ordered mine. I ended up being able to trade a double code for the coins I needed.

I think I ordered it anyhow. How long does it take for them to remove your coins? *sigh*

Ordered a Gold Nunchuck... Once it arrives I'll have it, the Goldeneye Gold CCPro, and the Zelda Wiimote+.

I think I'm tempted to flip those on eBay just because others may want a complete set more than I.

[quote name='Octopod']Ordered mine. I ended up being able to trade a double code for the coins I needed.

I think I ordered it anyhow. How long does it take for them to remove your coins? *sigh*[/QUOTE]
The coins should of been removed almost immediately. If you aren't sure, check your Accounts and Coins link (next to your coin total in the upper right hand corner of the Club Nintendo page), then click on either the Order Inquiries Tab or the Coins & Status Tab >>> Show Full History. It should show the -900 coins taken off for the reward.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Just ordered my Nunchuck, luckily I found a mint copy of Wii Fit at a local GS for $0.99 this weekend for the 100 coins I needed to get this, happy I was able to scrounge up the coins otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I already redeemed a wii fit code and link's crossbow training code...Are there any other .99 cent games with codes in them?

[quote name='slowdive21']I already redeemed a wii fit code and link's crossbow training code...Are there any other .99 cent games with codes in them?[/QUOTE]

There are 2 version of the wii fit that have point inserts. With and without board sold new. They both are sold .99 cents used (w/o board obviously). Find one or the other.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']The coins should of been removed almost immediately. If you aren't sure, check your Accounts and Coins link (next to your coin total in the upper right hand corner of the Club Nintendo page), then click on either the Order Inquiries Tab or the Coins & Status Tab >>> Show Full History. It should show the -900 coins taken off for the reward.[/QUOTE]

They came out just not immediately for some reason.

bread's done
Back