New XBOX Experience - General Discussion

I got an email!
Hello Dear,

How are you today? I hope you are doing fine.If so thanks be to God Almighty. I know that it will be a surprise to receive this mail from me, but never the less, My name is Lisa Duke.

I am a young lonely and single girl, looking for honest and nice person. Someone who cares and have regards for real relationship and God fearing spirit, whom i will start a relationship with .No matter your colour, race, religion, language or ethnicity, since there will exist understanding, open mind, truth, honesty and above all real love to share in all situation, because one is not and can never be an island, so am sending you this few lines of mine with the hope that you will accept my friendship offer and reply me for us to get started and know more about each other, to create a good and lasting relationship that will bring joy and happiness in our lives.

I am looking forward to hear from you, again. you can write me on (
[email protected]).

Bye and remain blessed.

Love from,
Lisa Duke

Don't appear to have gotten in here, either. Eesh. No love for the CAGs! (Well, CheapyD seems to be getting SOME kinda email love, at least!)

(-_-;; )

Nope, I didn't get in either. Nothing else we could have done, guys. Guess we'll just have to wait, and I'll have to continue taxing my ailing optical drive playing Fable 2 since I can't install.

I got an email urging me to write my congressman about something or another. It may have been from Pokerstars but I think it was just code. Tricky Microsoft.

Its fun reading the people bitch on Major Nelson's site

No one is happy on Twitter
search.twitter.com/search
Great plan, invite everyone to sign up, then make a big deal about coming home from Paris to give access to thousands of people (you have a good chance!). Brag about your first class seats on the airplane, then tell everyone they didn't get in.
This was not a very good preview program. I will like NXE, but I no longer like this blog or you as a MS evangelist. It isn't nice to give people false hopes.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Sounds like I'm not getting in either. It sounded like your "odds" were pretty good from listening to Major Nelson's podcast, but then again he is the is the Ronald McDonald of video games.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I still have my launch premium (well, it's the third refurb but whatever), could I just take my HD off and do this?[/quote]
Lol, no.

I think you have to submit your console ID or console serial number. With that, they can check whether or not your console is an Arcade/Core model.

[quote name='RudyPants']Sounds like I'm not getting in either. It sounded like your "odds" were pretty good from listening to Major Nelson's podcast, but then again he is the is the Ronald McDonald of video games.[/quote]

:rofl:

I also didn't get into the preview. But I have seen Joystiq's coverage, and it looks... good. :hot:

I did not get in, but the new update is less then a month away so I can wait.s Plus I will have my hands full playing all these new games (Fable 2, Gears of War 2, Fallout 3 etc).

I got my email to get in. Sorry everybody who did not. It will be available on Nov 1 if I remember correctly.

[quote name='gobrink']I got my email to get in. Sorry everybody who did not. It will be available on Nov 1 if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

fuck you you fucking fuck I fucking hate you for getting in Major Nelson can suck my fucking cock and go shove a play and charge kit in his fuck hole. It is not fucking tolerable to wait a whole two and a fucking half weeks after every other fucking fuck on fuckland aka XBox Live has already gotten in. I hate you Major Nelson and your blog fucking sucks ass. fuck.

Microsoft had a chance to pull me away from LittleBigPlanet now that their servers are back up. They failed. But honestly, I don't really care. The only 360 game I am definitely going to buy right now is Banjo Kazooie. No Gears, no Call of Duty, no Prince of Persia (although I am heavily considering it). Until RE5, there's not much coming to my 360.

[quote name='KingBroly']Microsoft had a chance to pull me away from LittleBigPlanet now that their servers are back up. They failed. But honestly, I don't really care. The only 360 game I am definitely going to buy right now is Banjo Kazooie. No Gears, no Call of Duty, no Prince of Persia (although I am heavily considering it). Until RE5, there's not much coming to my 360.[/QUOTE]

A new dashboard is cool but seriously? Playing with a new interface is more fun than any of the games you listed?

Wow.

[quote name='thrustbucket']A new dashboard is cool but seriously? Playing with a new interface is more fun than any of the games you listed?

Wow.[/quote]

No, not really. I'm just saying that I'm finding it harder and harder to turn on my 360 lately, and this is going to be one of those times. Which is kinda sad I guess.

I'm pretty interested in this, now that I know there will be some HD content with Netflix.
I didn't sign up for the beta. Too lazy I guess.

I am amazed at the people on some forums who don't want the dashboard to change.

No dice for me either. Oh well, I'm out of town a ton the next 3 weeks anyway, and after next Friday Gears 2 will take up the little time I have between job interviews and conferences.

Still very much looking forward to the netflix functionality though!

[quote name='sunnysky']I am amazed at the people on some forums who don't want the dashboard to change.[/QUOTE]

Same. The current one is pretty slow and clunky.

I think a lot of of the whining is just from suckers who paid for themes and don't like the reduced role existing themes will have in the new dashboard.

[quote name='thrustbucket']It does appear from this thread, and others, that less than 10% of applicants got in.[/QUOTE]

The more I read, I think it's closer to 1%. Way to hype something up Major! Oh well, we all get it in a few weeks anyway.

Yeah. I think people are getting a little carried away with the complaining, but at the very least, it's understandable that we're a little annoyed that it sounded like more people than this would get in.

I honestly think the current dashboard is fine the way it is but I definitely like the new features being offered with NXE. I don't really use my 360 for anything other than checking my friends list or scrolling down to my current game and clicking on it.

The Netflix stuff and the game installing features are what I really wanted to get in the preview for. Oh well, I'll just try PlayOn and see how that works.

30+ pages of peole saying no is not a good chance. I think we are just annoyed that Major Nelson went out of his way to be a douche about it

[quote name='slickkill77']30+ pages of peole saying no is not a good chance.[/quote]

That's only 'cause the people who got in are too busy basking in the amazing glory of the NXE.

[quote name='rapsodist']That's only 'cause the people who got in are too busy basking in the amazing glory of the NXE.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Not yet.

[quote name='zewone']Nope. Not yet.[/quote]

Sorry, I mean they're too busy basking in the amazing glory of getting in to the NXE. That's how glorious it is.

The Xbox 360 Fall Flash update will be available to you by 8pm PST on October 30th (11pm EST on October 30th, 3am GMT on October 31st).

bread's done
Back