New XBOX Experience - General Discussion

[quote name='cerial442']Are the avatars forced for the user? If you don't make one will it just show your gamer pic instead?[/quote]

Yes, they are required. You'll play around with your avatard a bit, then by the end of the day, you'll be best buds. It happened to me.

[quote name='gordojones88']Yes, they are required. You'll get over it, then you'll keep playing around. Then by the end of the day, you'll be like best buds with your avatard. It happened to me.[/quote]

Sad but true :whistle2:|

[quote name='xcoax']How long does it take to rip a game to the hard drive? I know they're various sizes, but are we talking minutes or hours?[/quote]
Minutes...about 5 for a full game give or take a minute.

I did Halo 3, Gears 2 & Rock band and they all took at least 10 minutes each. It's been posted before but worth noting again, you cannot do anything while installing. Zippo.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Are you talking about the friends section that shows all the avatars? Pressing the guide button then going to friends should show the same thing.[/QUOTE]

If a friend is playing Gears of War 2, for example, I'm only able to see that he's "online". Before, I could see exactly what he was doing; where he was at in campaign, what type of multiplayer match, etc.

just went home for lunch and noticed i got the nxe update. looks great overall. can't seem to find where to change your online status though. any help?

[quote name='thrustbucket']If a friend is playing Gears of War 2, for example, I'm only able to see that he's "online". Before, I could see exactly what he was doing; where he was at in campaign, what type of multiplayer match, etc.[/quote]

I'll have to check that out.

I think Microsoft is punishing everyone who doesn't have NXE right now, because when I'm anywhere (in a game or not), when I look at a Friend to see what they're playing it just says the game and "Online". No flavor text. Doesn't matter if it's Gears, Halo, or Banjo. It just says "Online".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Corvin']Yeah, I can confirm what thrustbucket is saying. Mine showed the same thing last night. It might just be a Gears thing.[/quote]

it's every game but it was doing it on and off last night... i think when everyone has the new dash it should be back to normal

jakehossavatar.jpg

Mine unlocked yesterday on account of my beta signup. Its really cool. The avatars are hella cool. Not enough options though. Microsoft hit a win with this one.

[quote name='Goodeye']It must be you. I can see gamerpics... Avatars and the games everyone is playing....[/quote]

Look at the signature above my previous post.

[quote name='thrustbucket']If a friend is playing Gears of War 2, for example, I'm only able to see that he's "online". Before, I could see exactly what he was doing; where he was at in campaign, what type of multiplayer match, etc.[/quote]

That's odd. I could see details, like what they were doing and where (e.g. Gears of War 2, Campaign, Act something, etc.). :whistle2:k

I really wish the vBookie made it's way over (and it worked) as I for one would like to see how long people think Live is going to be down with everyone grabbing the updats

[quote name='Chase']That's odd. I could see details, like what they were doing and where (e.g. Gears of War 2, Campaign, Act something, etc.). :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking it might just be a compatibility thing with people that still have the old dash. We'll find out tomorrow, I guess.

[quote name='zewone']You didn't discover that.[/QUOTE]

Prove I didn't. I did it on my own. If there's a post where someone else did this, show me.

[quote name='lllusion']I am with BoneMonkey on this, Do the updates start at midnight tonight?[/QUOTE] Probably around 2am PST like they have done in the past.

Crap. Just logged on to my Netflix account and took a look at the Top 50 movies from last week and saw Caillou: Caillou's Winter Wonders on the list. One reason my wife agreed to getting an Xbox is so she can use the Netflix feature. Once she puts that on for my 2 year old daughter (which she will, my wife is savvy enough to know how) I'm never getting control of my Xbox again.

Crap.

Edit - looks like they have a really good selection of Classic movies for streaming if you're into that sort of thing. Their Film Noir list isn't too hot but their classic comedies has some great ones. Plenty of Bogart and Monroe flicks too.

Sorry I'm not e-thug enough for that.
Bad news for Netflix people. Sony Home Ent took down all their movies from the streaming library for obvious reasons

[quote name='Goodeye']It will be its because the NXE private chats and messages use a different audio codec. You wont see that issue after the 19th....[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's what I figured. It's also all wonky inviting people to games now as well since you are forced to invite them to a party as well, which obviously non-NXE users can't join.

[quote name='slickkill77']Sorry I'm not e-thug enough for that.
Bad news for Netflix people. Sony Home Ent took down all their movies from the streaming library for obvious reasons[/QUOTE]

Ahahaha, what a dick move.

Bad news for Netflix people. Sony Home Ent took down all their movies from the streaming library for obvious reasons[/quote]

Indeed. A whole bunch of the movies I had in my queue now have the "not available Xbox 360" next to it. Also, I just noticed that a number of the movies seem to be due to be taken down entirely in December. Anyone have any info on that?

Bad news for Netflix people. Sony Home Ent took down all their movies from the streaming library for obvious reasons[/quote]

Well, one more reason that I probably won't be getting Netflix anytime soon.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Thanks, that's what I figured. It's also all wonky inviting people to games now as well since you are forced to invite them to a party as well, which obviously non-NXE users can't join.[/quote]

Wait, what? I've never needed to invite someone to my NXE party before inviting them into my game whether it be Gears 2 or Halo 3. HotShot hasn't reported any problems either about him sending me invites.

However I have noticed that occasionally messages don't show up nor am I able to send any and I need to relog onto Live. Although you won't notice it unless someone tells you via some other method that they sent you something. I don't this is NXE centric though as I believe I've gotten it a few times before as well.

:rofl:

fucking Sony.

I actually didn't think about it, but it's pretty funny that they feel so threatened to pull them a day before NXE launches. It's pathetic yet funny.

[quote name='SynGamer']Kudos to them. Their movies are still available on the PC (and DVD) but not Xbox.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. It makes a feature of the NXE *that much* less exciting, even if *that much* isn't a lot.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Does that mean those movies still works on Play-on?[/quote]
Should, though i'm not sure if PlayOn tells Netflix anything...

Installed the update today (early beta access redemption). Streamed a few episodes of The Office so far - loving the NXE, as it seems they've streamlined everything and applied a fresh coat of sexy to it.

Just for posterity -

[quote name='slickkill77']Owned![/QUOTE]

I'm sorry I do not sit on the internet 24/7 like an asshole like most of the people in this community.

shrike2424 deleted my blog post with no information as to why.

I'm sorry I randomly found something on my own, regardless as to if I was the first person on the PLANET EARTH to discover it or not.

[quote name='BlueSwim']I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but do we know exactly when the update will be made available?[/quote]

Nobody has an exact time. Most of the game updates and content go up between 2-4 AM PST, so I would look for the NXE to show up around then.

Watch majornelson.com for updates.

just now or before yesterday?

bread's done
Back