NHL 2007 Season Thread

Helluva game. I've been up off my couch yelling more times than I can count.

Come on, Zetterberg. Just score already, so I can go to bed!

My god. I really want to go to bed but somehow the game's not over. The wings are all over them!

Next break, I'm going upstairs to watch on the other tv. That way, I'll be one floor closer to my bed when it finally ends.:D The intermissions are killing me...

Holy crap! another ot?! just keep doing OTs till I get home, another hr. or so. xD

Don't listen to those east coast douches. lol

Lets go pens. Lets go zzzz zzz zz Pens. Lets g zzzzzz zzz zzz zzzz zzzz Huh what its still going? I need a monster! I say the pens all go back and all drink 5 redbulls. No defense men all power skates do or die! I need sleepy! I gots to be up at 6:00

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Lets go pens. Lets go zzzz zzz zz Pens. Lets g zzzzzz zzz zzz zzzz zzzz Huh what its still going? I need a monster! I say the pens all go back and all drink 5 redbulls. No defense men all power skates do or die! I need sleepy! I gots to be up at 6:00[/QUOTE]

But wouldn't Red Bulls give them Red Wings?

What a game, made 20$ off that. Was worried the Wings might take it, but it seemed they were way gassed mid-way through the 2nd OT, after expending all that energy.

Fleury is lock down.

Entertaining game. Samuelsson couldn't have scored on a garage door tonight. Fluery really played very well. He held them in tonight. The boys will win it all Wednesday.

Not that it afected the game, but those two penalties for goalie interference were terrible. This is hockey not touch football. And to top it all off the friggin back ref should have gotten an assist on the game winner with his skate pass to Malkin. :applause:

Wow, if they were gonna lose anyway, they should have told someone so I didn't have to stay up to see that shit. Seriously, a fucking 4 minutes penalty in OT. What the fuck?

sweating bullets right now...

Holy shit. Hossa almost tied it up at the end. If Osgood had touched the puck with his glove, it would have gone in. What a frickin' great series.

Always somewhat dissapointing when the cup isn't won at home because needless to say, the crowd will be somewhat biased.

I wonder if anyone's ever dropped the cup during this part...

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']We fucking Did It[/QUOTE]

"You" didnt do anything, the redwings did... they were the better team in this series... maybe next year for the pens

[quote name='zman73']"You" didnt do anything, the redwings did... they were the better team in this series... maybe next year for the pens[/quote]

You know what? maybe Wings fans feel like they are part of the organization, and maybe we actually, you know, CARE about our team and feel like they are family? You are an idiot.

Just got back from the game the building was crazy, loudest it has been in the 18 years that I have had season tickets. The Penguins were clearly outplayed the whole game it just sucks that Fluery let in two soft goals. The third Red Wings goals seemed like it was between his pads for like 10 seconds before he knocked it in.

p.s.
The Pens management needs to do what it takes to keep Hossa here he is a beast and was the teams best player in the finals.

LET'S TEAR THIS PLACE APART!! I GONNA LIGHT A BAG O' SHIT ON FIRE AND PUT IT ON KWAME'S DOORSTEP!

[quote name='zman73']"You" didnt do anything, the redwings did... they were the better team in this series... maybe next year for the pens[/QUOTE]
Just go to bed.

That was a great season from the Wings. They played their asses off from start to finish. Very fitting that Lidstrom becomes the first European to captain a cup winner. He might not be physical or be really flashy, but every year he plays at level that few ever reach. Truly the type of player every organization dreams about. I can seriously see the Wings repeating. This team is built good to go for a few more years. Yeah they are aging, but there are guys like Helm and Franzen just coming into their own. Its been a hell of a ride and with Babcock turning out to be a way better coach then I thought he was I don't see any major problems anytime soon.

The pens will get their cup. Malkin looked worn out this entire series. He's learning the grind that a long playoff run really is. I'm glad he wasn't 100% or else this series could have turned out different. The pens need to figure out a way to keep Hossa and Orpik. They are very good players and Hossa was the most consistantly dangerous player every game of the final. The pens also need to become more solid on defense. Another top 4 defenseman to play on the PP would help them greatly.

[quote name='georox']I feel our winning streak has just begun. 5 years of cup :O C'mon Wings, you can do it![/quote]

Damn Hoarders!! :bomb:

;). Congrats.

Just wanted to stop in and say congrats to the Wings fans. Despite all the past seasons and nay-sayers this season, you guys won it all and now everyteam will bow down to your awesomeness. Good effort from the Penguins just not good enough, which was a shame.

See you guys next season.

Congrats Wings fans. It was so close...yet so far away. Even if hossa did score the clock was on zero anyways. The gola would have been disallowed. Kinda sucks to win the cup on enemy soil. The only one who got cheered was osgood. As he should have.

Oh by the way. This really pissed me off. Did anyone eles notice the comish. touching the cup and rubbing his gimy hands all over it before nick lidstrom got to come up and get it???? Why do you pay two people to carry the damn thing around with white gloves if your going to rub your nacho encrusted hands all over it!

Ps. Another thing that really pissed me off. Why in the blue hell was chris chelios allowed to hold the cup before any members of the wings. He should have been on the bottom of the pecking order! He didn't even play in the finials. God I hate him! After that I turned off the tv. I just thought that was the dumbiest thing I'd seen in a while. You didn't win the cup. Let the team members who did have their turn. You wait at the bottom with your fake jersey and no pads and no sweat! SCREW YOU CHRIS CHELIOS!

[quote name='KaneRobot']LET'S TEAR THIS PLACE APART!! I GONNA LIGHT A BAG O' SHIT ON FIRE AND PUT IT ON KWAME'S DOORSTEP!

Just go to bed.[/quote]

:rofl: That reminded me of the scene in "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle", when Anthony Anderson started going nuts in the fast food place.

Did any riots occur last night? I was kinda pissed that Lidstrom gave the cup to Drake next, instead of someone like Z or Ozzy.

He is extremely popular with the other players in Detroit. He also played in over 80 games including the playoffs this season. Babcock has sad many times thoughout the year its like having a coach on the ice.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Ps. Another thing that really pissed me off. Why in the blue hell was chris chelios allowed to hold the cup before any members of the wings. He should have been on the bottom of the pecking order! He didn't even play in the finials. God I hate him! After that I turned off the tv. I just thought that was the dumbiest thing I'd seen in a while. You didn't win the cup. Let the team members who did have their turn. You wait at the bottom with your fake jersey and no pads and no sweat! SCREW YOU CHRIS CHELIOS![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Congrats Wings fans. It was so close...yet so far away. Even if hossa did score the clock was on zero anyways. The gola would have been disallowed. Kinda sucks to win the cup on enemy soil. The only one who got cheered was osgood. As he should have.

Oh by the way. This really pissed me off. Did anyone eles notice the comish. touching the cup and rubbing his gimy hands all over it before nick lidstrom got to come up and get it???? Why do you pay two people to carry the damn thing around with white gloves if your going to rub your nacho encrusted hands all over it!

Ps. Another thing that really pissed me off. Why in the blue hell was chris chelios allowed to hold the cup before any members of the wings. He should have been on the bottom of the pecking order! He didn't even play in the finials. God I hate him! After that I turned off the tv. I just thought that was the dumbiest thing I'd seen in a while. You didn't win the cup. Let the team members who did have their turn. You wait at the bottom with your fake jersey and no pads and no sweat! SCREW YOU CHRIS CHELIOS![/quote]

didnt he get handed the cup? he met the requirements so he deserves to hold it just like everyone else who was scratched from the finals.

My congrats go to Dallas Drake. Its taken Dally 16 years to win a cup and he does it with the team he was drafted by. Congrats Dally,Congrats Hockeytown. we have our cup back.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']

Ps. Another thing that really pissed me off. Why in the blue hell was chris chelios allowed to hold the cup before any members of the wings. He should have been on the bottom of the pecking order! He didn't even play in the finials. God I hate him! After that I turned off the tv. I just thought that was the dumbiest thing I'd seen in a while. You didn't win the cup. Let the team members who did have their turn. You wait at the bottom with your fake jersey and no pads and no sweat! SCREW YOU CHRIS CHELIOS![/quote]

Oh man. I'm so glad I came back and re-read this post. So funny.:applause::rofl:

[quote name='georox']I feel our winning streak has just begun. 5 years of cup :O C'mon Wings, you can do it![/QUOTE]

Mark my words...

First round exit next year.

[quote name='shieryda']You think Hasek and Chelios can retire happy now? And will they?[/QUOTE]

Hasek maybe or not. Who knows with that flake. Chelios will probably be back.

[quote name='integralsmatic']didnt he get handed the cup? he met the requirements so he deserves to hold it just like everyone else who was scratched from the finals.

Yes he can hold it. After the team members who were on the ice to win it! After the men who gave the blood sweat and tears to get it! You sit your happy ass on the bench till everyone who was actually on the ice playing has touched it. Thats just me. But he skated out to recieve the cup. Stand at the back of the line.

Hahaha. The Mayor just got booed. I wish he would get the message he should just leave. The parade was cool, time to watch the players talk. I wish I was there. :(

Congrats Wings. Way to bounce back from Game 5 and finish off the series. Lidstrom deserved to win a cup as captain of the Wings. Who would have thought when he got drafted in the later rounds way back in the 90's that he would become one of the greatest defensemen to play in the NHL.

bread's done
Back