NHL 2k5 - CAGHL II: TURBO - thread one: locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='dafoomie']Sorry BigDirty, I fell asleep before our game and left the Xbox on. The painkillers I took kinda put me to sleep... I'll find some different medication soon. But let me know when you're around and we'll try again.

Since its my fault, you can give him the win if the games need to be skipped.[/quote]

ok, but here's my plan as far as advancing the schedule goes (i'm going to make it big so people will notice):

since the new jersey spot was vacant for 4 days, i will let this week's schedule go an extra 4 days, which means you have through SUNDAY 11/21 to play your games.

i'm only doing this because of the special circumstances, so everyone please don't make a habit of waiting until the end of the week to get your game in.[/quote]

Good thing i got Halo2 and just bought HL² .... i guess i'll have to wait 4 more days before week 4....

I need to stay in touch with the messages here... i'm always looking on the league page and no one posts there anymore... =] also, is anyone interested in player movement? i've had some trades up for close to 3 weeks that seem to be unnoticed...

[quote name='bkrobson']I need to stay in touch with the messages here... i'm always looking on the league page and no one posts there anymore... =] also, is anyone interested in player movement? i've had some trades up for close to 3 weeks that seem to be unnoticed...[/quote]

i should probably have posted about the schedule extension on the league page, but i forgot. i would just check this thread often. i'm pretty sure more people check the CAG site than the league one, so i try to use this to keep everyone up to date with what's going on.

as far as the trades go, i did approve the one trade that you and someone else accepted, so that went through. speaking of trades, would you be interested in scott mellanby for jason arnott? i sent you a trade offer through XBL, so let me know if you accept.

oh, and the new jersey/philidelphia game has been played (new jersey gets the win 6-5). so to you stragglers, play your games, darn it.

I got the Colorado team in the league. I got in touch with BigMes/flybrione (Toronto) this past weekend. We were supposed to play our games Monday and then Tuesday night, but he was unable to make it. He's been really busy with work it looks like. I've yet to check the in-game messaging if he's messaged me through there as of Wednesday, though.

Don't just give him the loss, though. I'll keep seeing if we can play our game, but that's just an update on our end.

BTW, I hope that trade I accepted with Dallas is ok. I know he mentioned it a while ago and I'm not sure whether he wanted to back out or not, but I went ahead and pulled it off. Not sure if it was good or not, but I'm not a hockey savant.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I got the Colorado team in the league. I got in touch with BigMes/flybrione (Toronto) this past weekend. We were supposed to play our games Monday and then Tuesday night, but he was unable to make it. He's been really busy with work it looks like. I've yet to check the in-game messaging if he's messaged me through there as of Wednesday, though.

Don't just give him the loss, though. I'll keep seeing if we can play our game, but that's just an update on our end.

BTW, I hope that trade I accepted with Dallas is ok. I know he mentioned it a while ago and I'm not sure whether he wanted to back out or not, but I went ahead and pulled it off. Not sure if it was good or not, but I'm not a hockey savant.[/quote]
do what you can. if you guys can't play by the end of sunday, i'll probably just flip a coin or something and give the winner of that the win.

this league will still continue as long as at least 5 out of the 9 games per week are played.

as far as the trade goes, it was pretty even.

If people start to not play can we at least have a tournament for the top players or something? It sucks that people put time into it and nothing is accomplished.

Also, I wouldn't be against just simming it to the end just to get to the playoffs. Whoever is still involved gets the win. How do you determine winners anyway? In my football league it seemed to just pick at random who would win when a game was not played.

Got a PM from BigMes today. We'll be playing it Saturday afternoon if all goes according to plan. If that falls through and we miss the deadline, I'm not opposed to just doing it by coinflip and moving onto the next week.

got a PM about our game

[quote name='sj41']I won't be able to. I forfeit this game and I'm going to drop out of the league. Sorry.[/quote]

So I guess I win, and you can count one more game as played.

[quote name='KingDox']got a PM about our game

[quote name='sj41']I won't be able to. I forfeit this game and I'm going to drop out of the league. Sorry.[/quote]

So I guess I win, and you can count one more game as played.[/quote]Yep. I won't be able to have my Xbox back until Thursday at the earliest I think and I may not be able to get XBL for even longer, so I'm just going to drop out of the league as I've already missed last weeks game as well. :(

Sorry that I screwed up with this but I just wasn't able to make this work. Getting on XBL at a certain time for clan matches and stuff like that on other games was really simple for me before, but getting it scheduled with 1 person never worked out for some reason. :(

If our game is the last one, then give the win to Dox, but if not, please wait until tomorrow to give the win to him. If by some chance I get my Xbox back, I will play our game. If you'd prefer to just give the win to him now, you can do that as well.

Again, sorry for screwing this up.

[quote name='sj41']Yep. I won't be able to have my Xbox back until Thursday at the earliest I think and I may not be able to get XBL for even longer, so I'm just going to drop out of the league as I've already missed last weeks game as well. :(

Sorry that I screwed up with this but I just wasn't able to make this work. Getting on XBL at a certain time for clan matches and stuff like that on other games was really simple for me before, but getting it scheduled with 1 person never worked out for some reason. :(

If our game is the last one, then give the win to Dox, but if not, please wait until tomorrow to give the win to him. If by some chance I get my Xbox back, I will play our game. If you'd prefer to just give the win to him now, you can do that as well.

Again, sorry for screwing this up.[/quote]
i'll still hold off on advancing the schedule until the end of tomorrow, sunday, 11/21.

if anyone could help find a replacement, it would be appreciated. i'll do my best, but if you guys know of anyone looking to join a league (preferably a CAG user) it would help out the cause. i would get the person who was going to take new jersey to play, but he still hasn't read the PM i sent him about it. so yeah, if anyone reading this wants to play, or knows someone who does, send me a PM or post here.

otherwise, feel free to start planning your games for next week. the new week begins monday, 11/22.

[quote name='ultimate matt x']Also, I wouldn't be against just simming it to the end just to get to the playoffs. Whoever is still involved gets the win. How do you determine winners anyway? In my football league it seemed to just pick at random who would win when a game was not played. [/quote]
that's what we'll do if we have to, but hopefully it won't come to that. we'll see, i guess.

well, there's 3 games left:

Boston @ San Jose
Colorado @ Toronto
Phoenix @ Los Angeles

if they aren't played by the end of the night, los angeles will get the win, and the other two games will be resolved by coin flip, unless someone wants to fess up for it being their fault the game wasn't played.

it seems we need a new phoenix owner, so any help on that would be appreciated.

week four will being tomorrow.

Was scheduled to play Toronto on Saturday afternoon, but something urgent came up and I couldn't play so give him the win. I PMed him about it on CAG and on the league webpage, but he hasn't replied so I hope he understands.

obviously it sucks that not all the games are being played, but i think we should definately continue since the majority of the games are being played. maybe some replacements are in order? or how about we take a vote on what to do.

Replacements would be a good choice, I think. Give it a week to fill in, if we can't then start simming games for wins against the empty teams.

Here are the best options I have concerning this leagues future:

1) Everyone has a 3 strike policy. Things come up sometimes and its hard to play. Therefore, everyone should get 3 chances. If someone fails to play their game 3 times, boot them from the league. Especially since the games are once a week and each person has ample time to play.

2) We can skip to a best 4 out of 7 playoffs. If a user misses a playoff game it counts as an AUTOMATIC LOSS.

3) We can shorten the schedule.

4) We can have "bots" (CPU teams) to play as the dropped players if that is possible.

If we skip to a playoff, the remaining teams should be seeded like this:

Rank 1 plays Rank 8
Rank 2 plays 7
and so on.

If there is an odd number of teams, the best team receives a bye. In case of a tie, go by goals scored as a tie breaker.

[quote name='manofpeace20']Here are the best options I have concerning this leagues future:

1) Everyone has a 3 strike policy. Things come up sometimes and its hard to play. Therefore, everyone should get 3 chances. If someone fails to play their game 3 times, boot them from the league. Especially since the games are once a week and each person has ample time to play.

2) We can skip to a best 4 out of 7 playoffs. If a user misses a playoff game it counts as an AUTOMATIC LOSS.

3) We can shorten the schedule.

4) We can have "bots" (CPU teams) to play as the dropped players if that is possible.

If we skip to a playoff, the remaining teams should be seeded like this:

Rank 1 plays Rank 8
Rank 2 plays 7
and so on.

If there is an odd number of teams, the best team receives a bye. In case of a tie, go by goals scored as a tie breaker.[/quote]

my question is this: how much of that is actually possible for me to do? i mean, those settings aren't the ones i set up for the league, so is it actually possible to change them at this point?

i'm fine with the 3 strike thing, but i need to make sure SJ41 will still try to play this week. you're my next opponant, so please let me know.

and as far as advancing the schedule, i dropped the ball on that one. i have been gone all day (from 9 AM to getting home just recently), so i will advance the league tonight after midnight, so it counts as tomorrow.

this will be next week's schedule:
Calgary @ Atlanta
NY Islanders @ Boston
Philadelphia @ Colorado
Columbus @ Tampa Bay
Dallas @ Toronto
Los Angeles @ Detroit
San Jose @ Montreal
NY Rangers @ New Jersey
St. Louis @ Phoenix

either way, i want to let this go a few more weeks at least to see what happens, so let's try to see what we can do.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i'm fine with the 3 strike thing, but i need to make sure SJ41 will still try to play this week. you're my next opponant, so please let me know.[/quote]I'm grounded for now, but I might get my Xbox back on Thursday. I'll let you know when I get it back.

Obviously, I don't know what settings are possible because I'm not in the position you are. I was only throwing around suggestions on how to get through this season without people playing their games.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='thatstoobad']i'm fine with the 3 strike thing, but i need to make sure SJ41 will still try to play this week. you're my next opponant, so please let me know.[/quote]I'm grounded for now, but I might get my Xbox back on Thursday. I'll let you know when I get it back.[/quote]

for some reason my girlfriend thought this was very cute, the fact you are grounded and all. she's 24 and has never been grounded in her life, but i on the other hand feel your plight brother. best wishes in the struggle... 8)

[quote name='manofpeace20']Obviously, I don't know what settings are possible because I'm not in the position you are. I was only throwing around suggestions on how to get through this season without people playing their games.[/quote]

ok, i just wasn't sure because, as we know, i didn't know you could reset the results of a game either.

i mean, your ideas make sense and sound good if they are necessary, but i think the only thing i can do is sim the games that need to be simmed. i could be wrong, though.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Sweet! I play Cheapy this week.[/quote]

You are in for a hell of a battle. His record does not reflect his skill.

He scored 4 goals on me legit and I screwed around at the end giving him 5 goals. Normally, my games are defensive battles. I ended up winning 6-5, but it was a tough game going back and forth.

[quote name='zewone']So when are we suppose to play week 4?[/quote]

i just simmed the games that needed to be and then advanced the schedule. so play your game any time between now and december 1.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Sweet! I play Cheapy this week.[/quote]
Want to play tonight?
Btw 5:30-8:30pm EST works best for me.

[quote name='manofpeace20'][quote name='SteveMcQ']Sweet! I play Cheapy this week.[/quote]

You are in for a hell of a battle. His record does not reflect his skill.[/quote]

Thanks!

If anyone in this league isnt active and hasn't been playing their games, I will join in their place. PM me if a spot opens up. I am on Live every day so being in the league would be easy for me.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='SteveMcQ']Sweet! I play Cheapy this week.[/quote]
Want to play tonight?
Btw 5:30-8:30pm EST works best for me.

[quote name='manofpeace20'][quote name='SteveMcQ']Sweet! I play Cheapy this week.[/quote]

You are in for a hell of a battle. His record does not reflect his skill.[/quote]

Thanks![/quote]

i agree, zero and three, but top five in scoring i bet. tell roeNECK to step it up :wink:

As for a replacement player, I may be able to grab one of my friends that's still back up at school and is obsessed with hockey. Plus he'd be available pretty often for games. Let me know if there's a slot that needs to be filled and I'll circle back with him and see if he wants in.

[quote name='TJordan522']If anyone in this league isnt active and hasn't been playing their games, I will join in their place. PM me if a spot opens up. I am on Live every day so being in the league would be easy for me.[/quote]
we'll see what happens with sj41. i'll probably send you a PM about it around thursday (or whenever i end up finding out what's going on).

[quote name='wildwop']As for a replacement player, I may be able to grab one of my friends that's still back up at school and is obsessed with hockey. Plus he'd be available pretty often for games. Let me know if there's a slot that needs to be filled and I'll circle back with him and see if he wants in.[/quote]
i figure it would be a little better to have a CAG user in the mix, but if we end up needing more replacements, i'm perfectly fine with it. i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='TJordan522']If anyone in this league isnt active and hasn't been playing their games, I will join in their place. PM me if a spot opens up. I am on Live every day so being in the league would be easy for me.[/quote]
we'll see what happens with sj41. i'll probably send you a PM about it around thursday (or whenever i end up finding out what's going on).[/quote]

Thanks--I would really like to play. I would've signed up for the league originally but I didn't have Live yet.

[quote name='CheapyD']
Want to play tonight?
Btw 5:30-8:30pm EST works best for me.[/quote]
Aw crap. I forgot to check this thread. I should be on around that timeframe tonight. Can't say exactly when, but send me an invite. I'll be playing a friend on ESPN NFL so hopefully we can play right after that.

BigMes let me know when you can play i hear you've got a strict schedule.... i personally am available later in the night usually, 10pm est and after.

[quote name='TJordan522'][quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='TJordan522']If anyone in this league isnt active and hasn't been playing their games, I will join in their place. PM me if a spot opens up. I am on Live every day so being in the league would be easy for me.[/quote]
we'll see what happens with sj41. i'll probably send you a PM about it around thursday (or whenever i end up finding out what's going on).[/quote]

Thanks--I would really like to play. I would've signed up for the league originally but I didn't have Live yet.[/quote]

Any updates?

[quote name='TJordan522'][quote name='TJordan522'][quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='TJordan522']If anyone in this league isnt active and hasn't been playing their games, I will join in their place. PM me if a spot opens up. I am on Live every day so being in the league would be easy for me.[/quote]

Thanks--I would really like to play. I would've signed up for the league originally but I didn't have Live yet.[/quote]

Any updates?[/quote]
well, sj41 said he was grounded until thursday or something, so i guess we won't know until then. if i don't hear from him by the end of thursday (meaning once the clocks turn to 12AM friday), i'll probably let you in, since i would like to get my game in soon.

[quote name='TJordan522']Any updates?[/quote]

if you want in, you're in. please either post your xbox live tag here or PM it to me, and i will send you a league invite. thanks.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='TJordan522']Any updates?[/quote]

if you want in, you're in. please either post your xbox live tag here or PM it to me, and i will send you a league invite. thanks.[/quote]NOOOOOO. Off by so little time. :wink:

I still won't get my Xbox back for awhile it turns out, so I wouldn't be able to play anyways. :(

Instead I'm stuck playing Metroid Prime (first one), Pikmin 2, Donkey Konga, and Paper Mario 2. GameCube gaming. :)

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='TJordan522']Any updates?[/quote]

if you want in, you're in. please either post your xbox live tag here or PM it to me, and i will send you a league invite. thanks.[/quote]NOOOOOO. Off by so little time. :wink:

I still won't get my Xbox back for awhile it turns out, so I wouldn't be able to play anyways. :(

Instead I'm stuck playing Metroid Prime (first one), Pikmin 2, Donkey Konga, and Paper Mario 2. GameCube gaming. :)[/quote]

*prays to God my XBOX never breaks so I don't have to play Gamecube again*

Stuck playing Prime as well. Right at the end but it's just so annoying right now.

BTW, I wasn't able to play Cheapy since he said the next time he'll be on is this Tuesday.

ok, we have a new owner for the phoenix team. it's CAG user TJordan522 and his XBL gamer tag is "NJDevilsFan". the first post in the thread has been updated to reflect such information.

three games have been played so far:

tampa bay @ columbus ------------ tampa bay wins 3-0
new jersey @ new york rangers - new jersey wins 5-2
calgary @ atlanta ------------------- calgary wins 4-2

these games still need to be played:

NY Islanders @ Boston
Philadelphia @ Colorado
Dallas @ Toronto
Los Angeles @ Detroit
San Jose @ Montreal
St. Louis @ Phoenix

get your games scheduled.

[quote name='stevemcq']Stuck playing Prime as well. Right at the end but it's just so annoying right now.

BTW, I wasn't able to play Cheapy since he said the next time he'll be on is this Tuesday.[/quote]
that's fine. try to see if you guys can get the game in on tuesday.

[quote name='sj41']Instead I'm stuck playing Metroid Prime (first one), Pikmin 2, Donkey Konga, and Paper Mario 2. GameCube gaming.[/quote]
nothing wrong with that. i've been playing metroid prime 2, and it's great.

gojtron has not responed to my PMs here on CAG, I've sent him a friends request and hope to get our game played soon.

Good luck with that, he slowed our football league down and I gave the game like an extra week and then he quit on the last day of the deadline.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']
gojtron has not responed to my PMs here on CAG, I've sent him a friends request and hope to get our game played soon.

Good luck with that, he slowed our football league down and I gave the game like an extra week and then he quit on the last day of the deadline.[/quote]

Tried telling everyone that guy was a bum....

[quote name='KingDox']gojtron has not responed to my PMs here on CAG, I've sent him a friends request and hope to get our game played soon.[/quote]

see what you can do. his AIM name (according to the ESPN site) is "gojtron5k", so you may want to try using that route, if you haven't yet.

four games still need to be played:
NY Islanders @ Boston
Philadelphia @ Colorado
Dallas @ Toronto
Los Angeles @ Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back