Nier PS3 (reprint) -$19.99 - Gamestop

JohnnySucco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
Looks like Gamestop has reprinted :ps3: Nier and is selling it for $19.99.  There are over 10 copies available online and it has shown up at every local store within 100 miles of me.   I stopped in a store and can confirm that they are complete copies with manuals/artwork.  Using the Kongregate coupons or the B2G1 coupons it's not a bad deal considering used complete copies sell for around $40.  

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/nier/75034

I hate GameStop... They've single handedly have decided to make me stop collecting disc based games. Good to know my orig copy is now going to be worthless seeing as how they couldn't even do a label variant. Hopefully they see that Kuon, Calling and Ju-On are going for a bit on ebay to make those purchases fucking worthless too.
I sincerely hope they do.

the+manliest+of+manly+tears+were+shed+_6138451d5af8d4916c53b57f9fd19fe3.png

As stated earlier, prepare to shed manly tears

I never knew this game was rare when blockbuster was still around the one closest to my house always had a copy for $5 and I never bought it because the game never caught my attention.

Some of you are talking about using a B2G1 coupon-- didn't that end a little while ago?

If you really want to get cute you can order 3 online use the b2g1 hope they come complete and trade the other 2 to amazon and end up with $37 at amazon and a copy for yourself...assuming you lock a trade in before it tanks.

I hate GameStop... They've single handedly have decided to make me stop collecting disc based games. Good to know my orig copy is now going to be worthless seeing as how they couldn't even do a label variant. Hopefully they see that Kuon, Calling and Ju-On are going for a bit on ebay to make those purchases fucking worthless too.
Wasn't Kuon the game people mercilessly flipped like crazy back in 2006? I remember stories of people getting banned because they would try and trade in massive stacks of them to GameRush, if I remember correctly.

See what would happen if people kept those stacks of Kuons sealed for 8 years? *LOL* So whatever did happen to all those Kuons that Blockbuster was saddled with?

I, for one, have no problem with Gamestop doing this whole reprint business. How many people wanted the Metroid Prime Trilogy but didn't want to spend $150 on ebay for it (me)? How many of those people can buy the SAME EXACT GAME for $100 less now? Everyone from column A.

Nier, however, isn't a game I thought was rare or highly sought after. I can swear I saw it every time I went into a game store and never even thought of buying it.

I consider Nier at the top of my list of games that are rough around the edges while actually being phenomenal at the same time. 

If you're on the fence, I recommend checking it out. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh....is this is really a reprint? Quite a few of my local stores have had a copy/copies of this for quite a while for about this price, I guess MORE stores have copies now?

Regardless, $20 is a great price for a like-new copy of this.

I, for one, have no problem with Gamestop doing this whole reprint business. How many people wanted the Metroid Prime Trilogy but didn't want to spend $150 on ebay for it (me)? How many of those people can buy the SAME EXACT GAME for $100 less now? Everyone from column A.

Nier, however, isn't a game I thought was rare or highly sought after. I can swear I saw it every time I went into a game store and never even thought of buying it.
but gamestop is evil(all corporations are obviously) and is anti consumer and hates us and us wants us to suffer. their employees suck too because they don't know every detail about every game in existence and they only give 5 cents trade in for new games. HOW DARE YOU PRAISE GAMESTOP!!!!!

/sarcasm

Nier has one of the best soundtracks of the past gen. 

I'm looking for the guide though, if only they'd reprint those.

Does anyone have a B2G1F coupon good for August?

The very least, if anyone needs an RPG list:

-Nier

-Resonance of Fate (it's particular, but good)

-Star Ocean: The Last Hope International (you will NEVER complete this game to platinum; has one of the hardest to get trophy lists around)

-Valyria Chronicles (recommended)

-Eternal Sonata (recommended as well)

-Folklore (one of the first, pretty dated, but quite original)

-White Knight Chronicles 2 (has the first game on disk, but first game does not unlock trophies; if you want the trophies, you have to get the original disk, which is lame)

-3D Dot Game Heroes (recommended)

-Disgaea 3 or 4 (they are rare at this point)

-Tales of Xillia (it's had a fair share of sales already, but is the best Tales game on the PS3) or Graces F or Symphonia Chronicles (another great RPG that got ported)

So ... I did some research. The game came out in 2010 and the graphics seem to look terrible, but some people defend them. Either way, I'm game play over graphics and this is one of those games where people have different opinions. The game doesn't seem to be too great of a deal. 

Walmart is selling a 360 copy for $14. Thanks OP for showing me a game I never heard of, though. Really dig SRPG/RPGs and It'd be cool if there were more posts like this in future.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/23109436?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227024376669&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=41307605701&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=70632366061&veh=sem

I consider Nier at the top of my list of games that are rough around the edges while actually being phenomenal at the same time.

If you're on the fence, I recommend checking it out.
That's exactly what I thought... and as you play the game more and more, those edges start to disappear, but the brilliance only gets brighter. And then you finish the game, where there's a "what, what?" revelation at the very end, and you think, "so we're just going to ignore that?" And then you load your save, thinking it's a new game plus... and it is, but...

...play this.

So with Nier being re-printed, would this explain why Killer is Dead LE popped up everywhere a month ago when it was sold out since last year?

I just picked up a complete preowned PS3 copy at Gamestop for $15 and change with the birthday coupon and PowerUp card. It's not reprinted and says 2010 on it disc and back cover art. I highly doubt Gamestop will reprint a petty game and put a $19.99 price on it. They'd jack it up to $39.99 or more. More than likely they had a bunch of new copies in the warehouse, shipped to stores to be gutted, and sold as preowned.

^ I think the current exchange rate is 1 Nier per 1/2000 of a Ferrari. So, looks like you can get a paint chip or something!

I doubt this is a reprint because most of the stores in my area don't have any copies.

This. I'm actually curious at this game. Sort of passed on it, as I had plenty of other games to play/get. At thsi price I might get one.

Oh yeah, funny watching Craigslist/Ebay/etc prices just plummet.

To those of you angered by a reprint you are a collector and not a gamer. A collector should understand the risk of a reprint happening if the market is there. If you love a franchise, as many do Nier, this is really is an opportunity for the franchise to be resurrected and have a sequel if Gamestop flies through it's inventory. These high valued games fail for one reason or another (late in a generations cycle, lack of advertising, poor reviews, limited runs, etc.) and often the market for the game is found after the game goes out of print and its been clearanced from major retail stores. This puts the hurt on studios and publishers so who can blame them for trying to recoup some of the money they invested if Gamestop is willing to do a reprint? And as far as gamers who missed the game before it was difficult to find are concerned, to play these games without a reprint there are two options: paying beyond retail value in the 2nd hand market or illegal downloading them and using an emulator. Both are not good options if you support the gaming industry. I think Gamestop is doing a great thing with these reprints (as long as they are responsibly priced). If you are bitching about values tanking stick to buying limited edition and collector's versions of games. Now someone please do a reprint of Panzer Dragoon Saga.
Then why not just pirate everything that is out of print... the devs don't see the money at that point anyway. If you are just in it for the game you should have no problem with a disc with some sharpie on it.

Every GS near me has a copy of this now. Those of you who don't see too many copies, give it a few days. 

bread's done
Back