Nintendo E3 2009 - Mario times 2! NSMB2, SMG2, Metroid OM, Golden Sun DS, and more!

Metroid looks fantastic. Bulldog into a headshot? COUNT ME IN!

Super Mario Galaxy 2 should be solid, but I wish was something Earth-based this time to keep the Galaxy theme fresh. It just feels like a typical Nintendo sequel.

Really wish New Super Mario Bros 2 is 4 player co-op WITH Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Peach.. ya know, the four people from Mario bros 2 ;)

That was my dream game.

:applause: at that, Metroid, and Galaxy 2.

[quote name='Snake2715']I love it when trolls repeat themselves.

I am trying to find some video of th Tecmo metroid game... I missed the E3 feeds.[/QUOTE]
Me too :applause:

about that whole pre programmed waggle commands, what exactly are going to be the xbox's controls for its Natal interface...

jump, jump,wave arm, punch arm, jump, jump, wave arm, kick

oh, yeah, much better. imagine how it is going to be when they try to replicate multiple functionality/commands with that thing, its not like they have any buttons to assist it. Dunno, but I'm not looking forward to it at this point. I see alot of jumping around and waving your limbs, people were already complaining about the waggle movements :roll:

Very surprising conference by Nintendo, lots of good stuff in there. Lets see what Sony brings up next.

[quote name='pete5883'] And are we not supposed to notice that
Other M is an anagram for Mother?
[/QUOTE]
I hate you for pointing that out.

It's not happening. Let it go. :(

[quote name='KaneRobot']I just hope they make sure the camera doesn't suck. Ninja Gaiden II was pretty much ruined for me thanks to this.[/QUOTE]

If Nintendo is working on the project with Team Ninja you better believe Nintendo will not let them put out crap. Especially for a title like Metroid.

[quote name='MorPhiend']I hate you for pointing that out.

It's not happening. Let it go. :([/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be referring to "Mother Brain" not the RPG? :whistle2:?

[quote name='Mr. Twist']Is NSMB 4 Player Online Co-Op or do people have to go out and buy 3 more WiiMotes

3 WiiMotes $105 + NSMB game $50

Ouch[/QUOTE]

Because this is the first game that allows for 4 players, I guess.

[quote name='lombarvm']If Nintendo is working on the project with Team Ninja you better believe Nintendo will not let them put out crap. Especially for a title like Metroid.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo would rather delay the title than put out crap. Sure, delays become a joke sometimes, but you really gotta respect them for their dedication to quality

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Because this is the first game that allows for 4 players, I guess.[/QUOTE]
By quoting you circumvent the ignore list.
Also, apparently you can't sync wiimotes to more than one wii? God forbid you bring your own controller to play video games at someone else's home. Ouch!

[quote name='ananag112']Decent showing for Nintendo. NSMB Wii reminds me of Four Swords on the GameCube. Should be fun, but I think it should have been a Wii Ware game. [/QUOTE]
Big franchise on Wii Ware instead of packaged = throwing away $$.

[quote name='lilboo']Really wish New Super Mario Bros 2 is 4 player co-op WITH Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Peach.. ya know, the four people from Mario bros 2 ;)[/QUOTE]
Peach probably got her dumb ass kidnapped again.
[quote name='zewone']Wouldn't it be referring to "Mother Brain" not the RPG? :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]
Indeed.

[quote name='pete5883']Big franchise on Wii Ware instead of packaged = throwing away $$..[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Nintendo wants to stimulate Wii sales in Japan. Wiiware won't do that.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']You can check out Nintendo's press site. They have other games coming that weren't at the conference. This is how we found out about Mario Party DS and Super Paper Mario.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16127531&postcount=1

Yeah. Nintendo wants to stimulate Wii sales in Japan. Wiiware won't do that.[/QUOTE]

Wow, there's some interesting stuff there!

Endless Ocean 2 (Doomed will be ecstatic)
Glory of Heracles
Picross 3D
Layton 2

Checking out Line Attack Heroes and Monado.

[quote name='Strell']People are complaining about release dates, when everything MS showed is 2010 or later?[/QUOTE]

2009:
Forza 3
Halo: ODST
Left 4 Dead 2

Still not a lot, but it's still 3 games. People are complaining about the release dates because there ain't shit for the Wii, so any new game that actually looks worthwhile is gonna be highly desired.

The Mario games look good. I'm really excited for Metroid but I don't have a Wii and won't buy one until it's dirt cheap. The conference was good. Waaaayy better than last year.

What's up with that RE game?
Didn't Steve die in Code Veronica, or is my memory hazy?

[quote name='evanft']2009:
Forza 3
Halo: ODST
Left 4 Dead 2

Still not a lot, but it's still 3 games. People are complaining about the release dates because there ain't shit for the Wii, so any new game that actually looks worthwhile is gonna be highly desired.[/QUOTE]

No, that's just ignorance for most people. It's like they purposefully ignore news on good games so they can harp on garbage to justify their anger towards the Wii. It's really sad.

[quote name='Blackout']The Mario games look good. I'm really excited for Metroid but I don't have a Wii and won't buy one until it's dirt cheap. The conference was good. Waaaayy better than last year.

What's up with that RE game?
Didn't Steve die in Code Veronica, or is my memory hazy?
[/QUOTE]

Takes place during the CV time.

[quote name='foltzie']Takes place during the CV time.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok. That explains it. I am super pumped for Metroid though. I think it's the first Wii game I actually care about.

A lot of the stuff does work on that page, though. For one thing you can get their "partial" list of upcoming DS and Wii titles, disc/cart and download. Lots of games on both lists that I didn't know about.

[quote name='Strell']http://press.nintendo.com/E32009/

User: E32009
Pass: nintendo

Unfortunately it looks like much of it is broken. I tried to download a video of "Monado" since I don't know what that is, and it errors when I try to play it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks sadly for some reason the Sin & Punishment video keeps crashing out of Quicktime.

[quote name='zewone']Wouldn't it be referring to "Mother Brain" not the RPG? :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]
Oh. That's embarrassing. Of course that makes more sense. I guess I am just tired of people bringing up the "Other M" game.

The more I think about the conference, though boosted by the press press kit, the more I think it was fantastic. So much good stuff coming.

Good!

100_2145-495x371.jpg

Koopa Kids?
Day 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am angry that it's Mario, Luigi, and 2 Toads. :roll:

I do like that Yoshi is also in this game. It's also going to be neat to be Toad with a Fire Flower AND using Yoshi :lol:

Peach SHOULD have been in replacement of the second Toad and they should have all had their attributes in Mario Bros 2. :nottalking:

I mean, can't we just go save Daisy or something?!

No one cares about Daisy, not even Luigi. If you put a blonde next to a brunette, chances are good that the blonde gets the attention.

:cry:

Well, can't we save Toadsworth or Toadette? Actually..who wants to save Toadette :lol:
Actually, if they refuse to give me Peach :nottalking: I wouldn't mind Mario, Luigi, Toad, Toadette :lol:

Didn't Peach save Toadsworth in Super Princess Peach?

In either case, I like the idea of bringing back Toadette. She was kinda cute in Thousand-Year Door.

I can't wait for New Super Mario Brothers Wii, Super Mario Galaxy or Metroid. Nintendo had a really great press conference. I'm surprised we didn't hear anything about Retro's new game though.

No, Peach saved Mario, Luigi and ToadS in SPP.

I'm ALSO mad that one of the Toads isn't the real Toad! The real toad is white cap with red circles. Not the blue and yellow Toads. :nottalking:

Finally got caught up on this thread -- very excited for Metroid especially. But now I feel sort of ashamed that Super Mario Galaxy is still sitting in my backlog. I think I'll push it up to be the next on the list now that a sequel is coming.

My only real disappointment is that it took so long for Mr. Twist to be banned. Other than that, I look forward to (hopefully) finding some video of the conference this weekend.

bread's done
Back