Nintendo E3 2009 - Mario times 2! NSMB2, SMG2, Metroid OM, Golden Sun DS, and more!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

WTF I want to watch the damn presentation.

METROID FROM TEAM NINJA details plz 2D? DS?[/QUOTE]

3D on Wii. Looks like a DMC/NG type action game.

So Metroid, which last game was released 2 years ago gets a trilogy and a whole new game but Zelda whose last console game was 2.5 years ago gets nothing console wise.

[quote name='crunchewy']It all looked pretty great to me. OK, so not the vitality sensor. ;^)[/QUOTE]

Oh... so you will be first in line for Women's Murder Club?

[quote name='bigdaddy']I give them a D+ just because of Metriod.[/QUOTE]
I usually like you. But are your posts for real? Mario Galaxy 2 plus an apparently delicious Metroid developed by Team Ninja is kind of like Microsoft announcing Halo 3 2 and a Team Ninja developed... uh... Blinx or something. Nintendo had a solid presentation. Give them credit.

[quote name='PhaperPlane']That's all folks!

No Miyamoto? How weird...:whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

There are rumours that Nintendo will hold some type of event in Japan after E3, maybe he stayed behind to announce something really huge?

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Well that was... interesting.

Good:
NSMB Wii
Mario Galaxy 2
Metroid
Golden Sun DS

Meh:
Wii Fit Plus

Bad:
No Miyamoto
Wii Vitality Sensor[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm looking forward to Wii Fit Plus, but I'm not the norm here. :) Also I think the Wii MotionPlus looks awesome, though we already knew that, and Wii Sports Resort looks to be a lot of fun (but, again, perhaps I'm not the norm here.)

[quote name='Ski Hawk']So Metroid, which last game was released 2 years ago gets a trilogy and a whole new game but Zelda whose last console game was 2.5 years ago gets nothing console wise.[/QUOTE]

On top of that Zelda: TP wasn't a true Wii game.

Team Ninja + Nintendo = Metroid Ownage. Almost saved their entire conference right there.
Mario Galaxy 2 the sequel to one of the highest rated games of all time was great news.
New Super Mario Brothers Wii version looked pretty good.
Golden Sun was the best DS announcement for me.
Wii Pulse = wtf?
Rest of the show was pretty boring.

I'd give it a D++

Metroid... I dunno, I don't have a good feeling about that. The NSMBfW game is lackluster, and SMG2 is AWESOME. I just don't know how to feel. The conference was reallllllly short.

[quote name='Bavgate']No Pikmin?! RAAAAAAAAAGE![/QUOTE]

Meh, Nintendo held back Pikmin and Zelda for a future event. Learn to dole out the announcements....

Still Nintendo, wouldn't the vitality sensor have done over better with the audience in Japan better?

Metroid looks like Metroid: God of War

It's team ninja, but it's not the same old team of Itagaki, so I'm skeptical.

kinda disappointed about no DSi VC news... oh well.

anyone else lol when they had "Why join a book club, when you can join a woman murder club!"

:lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']Oh... so you will be first in line for Women's Murder Club?[/QUOTE]

No, but unlike you I'm not impossibly hung up on Nintendo going after a variety of markets. Good for them.

Metroid looked good Yes now I will keep my Wii.

But look closely they took the Ninja Gaiden engine stripped out the bump mapping and HDR, and Re-skinned Ryu with Metroid looks good but nothing special.

and

Metroid M Summer 2010

Mario Galaxy 2 Christmas 2010

I still have NO idea what Nintendo's Big Christmas 2009 game is???

Wii Resort or Wii Fit 2 or Spirit Tracks??

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I usually like you. But are your posts for real? Mario Galaxy 2 plus an apparently delicious Metroid developed by Team Ninja is kind of like Microsoft announcing Halo 3 2 and a Team Ninja developed... uh... Blinx or something. Nintendo had a solid presentation. Give them credit.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo makes one new 3D Wii game a year? When does SMG2 come out? This year? More of the same from the last game. NSMB... more of the same. Metriod won't come out until 2010 at the earliest... so what is there to fill between titles?

It's not just my problem with Nintendo, it's all the companies. Xbox is just a bunch of Halo spinoffs and ripoffs, there is no longer anything creative being made in the video game industry. I was hoping Nintendo would try something new and daring, but now that they are raking in the money why bother spending it to make games?

bread's done
Back