Noby Noby Boy - Gen. Discussion & Info

Well, "feature" is probably the wrong word, but the way it shows off your messages is hilarious. Had no idea the PS3 could do that.
So it can read your messages in the background...

[quote name='dallow']Cheap. 5 bucks.
Custom soundtracks, Youtube uploading, xmb screenshot feature. Good little package.[/quote]

Yep. I'm happy w/ my purchase. Though I dont know how the fuck im going to talk my friends into buying this, it's a little tough to describe.

[quote name='Corvin']:rofl: I love how sending an in game message is a feature.

Digs aside, this game looks unique, but it's priced right. I'll probably DL it tonight. Might pick up Flower at the same time.[/QUOTE]

youre doing yourself a disservice not experiencing flower.

OK, I just played this for an hour and........... I don't like it.

Which is very difficult for me to say right now, because Katamari Damacy is one of my favorite games ever. Period.

Right now, I'm thinking that the only reason this game doesn't have explicit goals, is because if you DID have to accomplish something specific, you'd be so frustrated with the controls that you'd snap the controller in rage.

It's a diverting little sandbox, but as of right now, I don't see myself spending much more time on this title. Good thing it was only $5.

**All opinions subject to change. It took me awhile to get into Katamari, but once I did, there was no going back.

Okay so I bought this game and I've downloaded and installed it. It goes to a screen that says today's date and the online interactions warning...then the system informs me the game data is corrupted.

So I downloaded it and installed the game again.

Same thing happened.

Downloading and installing this game takes at least 20 minutes each time. I don't have much patience for this, what's going on?

[quote name='cheezisgoooood']Okay so I bought this game and I've downloaded and installed it. It goes to a screen that says today's date and the online interactions warning...then the system informs me the game data is corrupted.

So I downloaded it and installed the game again.

Same thing happened.

Downloading and installing this game takes at least 20 minutes each time. I don't have much patience for this, what's going on?[/quote]

Could be that you've got a bad sector on your hdd.
You might want to download a demo or video that is 400mb+ then try to download the game. If you do have a bad sector the video/demo should be written to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fnord']Could be that you've got a bad sector on your hdd.[/quote]
Well I don't have any similar problems with my other games, the last downloadable game i got was a gameshare of Wipeout HD from someone else and that works fine. However I have been having a continuous problem trying to download ratchet and clank quest for booty from a different gameshare. It gets to 98% every time and then stops. It's continuously done that every time I've tried to download it since.

I also downloaded the Killzone 2 demo from the code I redeemed from pre-ordering at Gamestop and that's worked fine, had no problems. Played it about ten times too.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I uploaded a video into YouTube, but it's quite short. Really funky and pretty cool though (Noby Noby Boy).[/quote]

linkage?

Yeah, don't expect a full game like Katamari.
This is simply a virtual playground, just as he always wanted to make,

I love the little touches and sound effects in this game. I'll post some pics and my youtube video in a bit.

Holding L1 and R1 at the same time give you greater camera control, that's what my video is about. :)

Oops...

2nsrmgy.png

I played with this for about 20 minutes, and I love it. It's completely fucking absurd, definitely the oddest game I've ever played. But it's somehow fun.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'll be getting this tomorrow since I'm waiting to get paid and have to pay off other crap first. love it though.

what's the filesize of this?[/quote]

360 Megs

Bought it, played it for an hour, and have no idea what the heck I am supposed to be doing.

At one point I was flying around in the air, but have no idea how I did that.

Is there some sort of Katamari thing going on with how big Boy gets based on what he eats? I think eating bigger stuff makes Boy poop out smaller stuff.

I like what this game achieves, it invokes the What the hell is this? What the hell am I doing?!? but it's likable at the same time.

I have been playing it and I think it is awesome.

Everything from the sound design to the visuals are top notch and unique. I really like that weird sound Boy makes when you are stretching him and then the sound gets more intense the more he is stretched.

The game has a calming and mesmerizing quality that just makes it interesting to play.

The screenshot feature is the same as in MLB 09. Bring up the XMB and go to the Photos section. It'll be under there.

OK, here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_9R92RA9zc

I started out just twisting around some trees and trying to make a knot, but then I noticed he was flying towards the screen and decided to go with that. If you watch till the end you can see me rope together the clouds. LSD trip message courtesy of smog. :lol:

Also ha, I had no idea I was recording for so long. I guess I really lost track of time trying to get those clouds. And the saddest thing was he completely unraveled as the video was uploading. :cry:

[quote name='OatmealMu']The screenshot feature is the same as in MLB 09. Bring up the XMB and go to the Photos section. It'll be under there.[/quote]

Wow, thanks. I had no idea some games had that feature. I'll have to try it out next time because there's always insane stuff going on.

What the hell did I just spend the last hour and a half doing? All I remember was crapping stuff out of my neck when I broke into two pieces.

I thought i would pick it up seeing as i had just enough left over from me buying Flower.

Hmm, its interesting to say the least lol. I only had like 20 minutes with it or so. All i mainly did was eat things and crap them out haha...and i got a few trophies :whistle2:s

Does anyone know why sometimes you poop stuff out but sometimes it stays inside you?

Last night I was on a mission to eat everything on the map. And it was all staying inside me for a while, but then I ate a robot and stuff sputtered out of me. I know if you hit the R1 button you can eject stuff on purpose, but I didn't press that.

You can only have a certain amount of crap in you at any one point and the larger you get the more you can hold.

Yup, to hold more get bigger.

I got some nice screenshots I'll share when I get home.

Also, press left on the stick + select to see the credits.
Right on the stick + select to "play" the original 2D TGS intro.

Ok I just started this.

How do I actually eat something and hold it? I don't understand how to grow..?
Everytime I eat something he immediately spits it out.

[quote name='lilboo']Ok I just started this.

How do I actually eat something and hold it? I don't understand how to grow..?
Everytime I eat something he immediately spits it out.[/quote]
You have to stretch yourself with the sticks to grow, and not by eating stuff.

Here's a tip, if you hold L2 halfway down, he keeps his mouth open.
Makes it a bit easier to eat.

[quote name='lilboo']Hmm. But the more you eat, the more you can stretch yourself out?[/quote]Actually, the other way around, the more you stretch, the more you can eat.

[quote name='Ronin317']So where can you check on the size of Girl? Is it through the game menu or on the web, or both?[/quote]
Press up on the stick + start for the size and report menu.

Down + start for messaging menu.

Right + start for stats menu, including friends leaderboard. I think this show's Girls size as well.

[quote name='dallow']
Press up on the stick + start for the size and report menu.

Down + start for messaging menu.

Right + start for stats menu, including friends leaderboard. I think this show's Girls size as well.[/quote]
Grazie. I'll check it out when I get home!

It seems to me that as your Boy eats more objects, he gets thicker and can eat bigger objects. I'm not sure if there's a point in eating other than firing it out the back like a cannon.

The only thing I wish were in the game that isn't is an more extensive soundtrack. For $5 I can't complain about the lack of variety, and the music and sound effects in the game are great (some are weirdly hilarious while the background guitar in a level is soothing/nap-inducing). It's just easy to have hopes for more, given the sheer quality and quantity of awesomeness in Katamari Damacy.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back