Noby Noby Boy - Gen. Discussion & Info

Ok so what is the point of eating stuff? You can grow yourself without eating, but then you just can just eat and hold more stuff.

[quote name='airwavexiii']Ok so what is the point of eating stuff? You can grow yourself without eating, but then you just can just eat and hold more stuff.[/quote]

Pencil trick FTW!!! :D

I can dig it! Just picked this up and played for about an hour - very cool! I even recorded a video and uploaded to youtube via ps3 - cool - first time I've used that capability on the ps3 before. Nothing too special I don't think but it's a vid of me wrapping BOY around the land form thing twice around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YwELxtvB-g

Maybe I'm missing something, but what is the point of this game? I just played for an hour and had no idea what the fuck I was doing. Is there a goal other than to eat shit and make yourself bigger? If not, I just blew $5 as I don't see myself picking this one up again.

I was a huge Katamari fan and picked this up on instinct, but I kind of have a feeling this game can only be enjoyed under the supervision of heroin.

[quote name='blackjaw']Maybe I'm missing something, but what is the point of this game? I just played for an hour and had no idea what the fuck I was doing. Is there a goal other than to eat shit and make yourself bigger? If not, I just blew $5 as I don't see myself picking this one up again.

I was a huge Katamari fan and picked this up on instinct, but I kind of have a feeling this game can only be enjoyed under the supervision of heroin.[/quote]

If you poop out a bike and a ninja sitting on a pig sees it you win. Good luck!

[quote name='dallow']There is no point to it. It's a sandbox game, do as you please.
There trophies to earn if it helps.[/QUOTE]

Wish I knew that before I plopped down $5. I don't really care about trophies and I probably did about as much as I could do in an hour with twisting and knotting stuff. I'm really disappointed with the game.

You can mark me down as an unhappy customer. I think everyone should know going in that there is no story, goals (other than girl to get more levels to do nothing with), or real replay value to the game. Hopefully my experience saves someone else $5.

I think you're overreacting. If you don't like it, fine, but it's not like everyone feels they've wasted $5. It's a game that is more like a toy...as someone else said - it doesn't need to have goals. When you buy an action figure or a toy car...there's no goal. you just play with it and have fun.

Just a little bit of reading and you should get a pretty good idea of what the game is about - sounds like an impulse buy gone wrong. Might be a good idea for you to wait and read a bit about games (and watch vids) before making future psn purchases.

I can't seem to put the game down - been playing for like 2.5 hrs doing nothing and everything. Having a blast!

Uh, yeah, did you just blindly buy the game?
I only did that in the NES days.

Any review, or info from the recent PS blog posts about the game, or simply asking here would have saved you $5.

Is this game shareable? I mean granted its only 5 bucks i may pluck it down but I was hoarding my psn monies for other games and a buddy wants to share flower for noby noby boy.

I'm gonna buy this in a few... People like to crap on trophies/achievements but you have to admit it sounds like in a game like this they at least provide a "goal". So I think I'll have fun trying to get those done. And meanwhile my kids will enjoy it for the messing around factor. That is if I can get my 6 year-old to stop playing LBP enough to check this out. That kid hasn't stopped since Christmas day.

Noby Noby Boy is basically a Katamari experience without the King imposing a minimum Katamari size and time limit. Enjoying it amounts to discovering weird things you can do, seeing how creatures react, and soaking in the atmosphere.

Katamari is the more goal-oriented game, but Noby Noby Boy is more interesting if you don't care for level requirements. I wouldn''t roll my Katamari around in a free level for more than a few seconds before getting bored but played Noby Noby Boy for hours last night.

Yeah I was struggling with that too. Sometimes it would focus on the my back end or the center of my body and it would take a lot of manipulation to get it to focus on my head.

[quote name='KongaKing']Wish the camera was a little better[/quote]
This is my one and only gripe with the game.

What determines length? Just how far you've stretched or how much crap you've eaten?

I believe you can hold L1 and press left or right to change where the focus is - something like that - it's in the manual under camera controls.

It seems to me camera control is very good/fully controllable once you learn all the ways to control it.

I'm downloading this now, but I'm wondering what the progress is, if you can tell, as far as unlocking new levels by the community.

How do I make Boy small again? Does he just reset whenever I quit and start the game up again?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any kind of local multiplayer to this game? I'm guessing not but thought I'd ask. I still can't download it because now both boys are playing LBP.

I don't think there is but both ends of Boy are controlled independently so you can co-op by sharing a single controller. Boy's head uses L2 to jump/eat and L-analog to move, tail uses R2 to jump/poop and R-analog to move.

Cool, just downloaded it (only took 10 minutes by the way - and I have the PS3 on wireless). Unfortunately have to head to dinner with the family now, but we'll definitely be playing this when we get home.

Wow, this gets crazy when he's stretched out. I hope the places that get unlocked with girl are larger. I've gotten close to 600 m in length, but it's so hard not to just fall off at that point.

For some questions: How big do you need to be to eat clouds, and is it based on length, or just total stuff inside you?

Something I don't understand still, :lol:

I understand stretching him out is what makes him bigger, but is it eating that lets you stretch yourself further?

I know I asked something similar, but I'm just not getting "this"

I wanna know if there's any real way of convincing someone to sit on my BOY or if I just have to wait until 10 people decide to sit on it to get the trophy.

[quote name='happy']Wow, this gets crazy when he's stretched out. I hope the places that get unlocked with girl are larger. I've gotten close to 600 m in length, but it's so hard not to just fall off at that point.

For some questions: How big do you need to be to eat clouds, and is it based on length, or just total stuff inside you?[/quote]

Stretch yourself out like an elastic, use pivot points like trees, and try to double anchor your body and get the middle caught by a windmill or seesaw. Those things will just keep stretching your body until it snaps into pieces. The biggest area I've seen so far is four 'blocks' by four 'blocks.'

I've never gotten big enough to eat clouds. I did, however, fly up to the sun and it just brought me to the report screen. Kind of anticlimactic.

[quote name='lilboo']Something I don't understand still, :lol:

I understand stretching him out is what makes him bigger, but is it eating that lets you stretch yourself further?

I know I asked something similar, but I'm just not getting "this"[/quote]

Do you mean for total length? From what I've gathered it seems that stretched length, items eaten AND meters walked all contribute.

Did anyone notice the 1K ranking markers on GIRL? They're all giants in golden Pac-Man cosplay. Pretty rad.

[quote name='cheezisgoooood']I wanna know if there's any real way of convincing someone to sit on my BOY or if I just have to wait until 10 people decide to sit on it to get the trophy.[/quote]

You have to be long to have 10 people sit on you. I got this trophy and the trophy for having 20 things in your stomach at the same time. So try getting really long and then eating as much as you can. Let me know if that works.

Yeah Girl is over 110 million meters right now so we are almost a third of the way to the Moon.

I haven't found any real way of convincing things to sit on boy.

Regarding the eating/stretching thing - for me it seems to be there is a limit and I can stretch out to it and even when I eat more stuff it won't let me stretch any further. I can stretch out until the camera backs up to the earth view where you no longer see the land form. I sorta stretch to the width of the screen there and then it'll go to just the earth view - maybe I'll try and make a vid. I did post the vid of me wrapping around the land form twice around earlier in the thread.

Also - I'm sitting on 15k to report right now - but it won't do it. Says it's unable to report and to try again later. Has said this about an hour or so - I just quit. I sure hope all that 15k isn't gone...

I've gotten it out to the wide view (it goes back even further than the earth view.

I did snap myself in half once when I got pretty long, how do you get yourself back together (if you can), I was wandering the two halves around hoping they would pop back together (and seeing if I could eat my other half), but eventually I just had to hit triangle and come back as a whole.

Finally. I don't know what convinced him to get on, but he did.

2i8dts7.png

[quote name='jkanownik']It was at 50 million KM last night, which means there was roughly 330 million KM left to go to the moon.[/quote]
It's at just over 111 million meters right now and the moon is 384,403,000 meters from the Earth, so we're nearly one-third of the way there.

It's weird how boy still moves when viewing stats or the manual, but as long as he doesn't horrifically snap into pieces like I managed to do before, it's fine. I think I caused boy's butt to violently explode by trying to shove too many things out of it at once. :whistle2:( :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's at just over 111 million meters right now and the moon is 384,403,000 meters from the Earth, so we're nearly one-third of the way there.

It's weird how boy still moves when viewing stats or the manual, but as long as he doesn't horrifically snap into pieces like I managed to do before, it's fine. I think I caused boy's butt to violently explode by trying to shove too many things out of it at once. :whistle2:( :lol:[/quote]

Haha. Yeah if you have a lot of stuff inside Boy and then press R2, Boy will explosively shoot out all—or almost all—of the stuff inside of him. Sometimes when shooting stuff out of his ass it sounds like a shotgun blast or something; it is pretty ridiculous [awesome].

Has anyone been to donut world? It is a land full of multiple kinds of donuts stacked on top of each other.

I have started going to lands with a lot of hills too. It seems like the more I play the game, the more lands I travel to.

There was also this land with this super asterisk shaped cylinder that spins at high speeds. Grabbing onto that with one end and watching Boy wrap around it is hilarious.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Strange. Girl's length just shot up to 150 million meters, so we're past the 1/3rd mark.[/quote]

Well the game does say that when you report your unreported length to Girl that her length is not updated immediately. So maybe that explains the 40 million meter increase?

yeah I've seen the donut land! I've also been to an elongated skinny land that isn't a square and to the hilly lands. I'm at 100th place (for now at least!)

I can't find the prince - but I haven't looked on every world I've been to - also didn't realize he looked like that - I was looking for the more typical prince.

Oh yeah! I forgot! The land where I got the eat 20 things and have 10 people sit on you trophies was on this land with giant animals—like cats, dogs, and rabbits—with really really tiny people walking around. It was crazy!

Hey guys. I buddy and me threw together a quick site for the game. Thought it might be fun to have a central spot on the net to share stuff. Anyways it's not done yet but this is it so far::

www.nobynobyboy.net

Your video's from here are all linked to in the Gallery section and I've added some of your pics too.
This is my first site so please let me know what you think and if you have any recommendations.

Thanks

I've been to that mushroom level. The only person there was a guy driving a bulldozer around. Went to another place that was essentially a forest of trees, deer, bears, and some Little Red Riding Hood girls.

[quote name='fnord']Hey guys. I buddy and me threw together a quick site for the game. Thought it might have fun to have a central spot on the net to share stuff. Anyways it's not done yet but this is it so far::

www.nobynobyboy.net

Your video's from here are all linked to in the Gallery section and I've added some of your pics too.
This is my first site so please let me know what you think and if you have any recommendations.

Thanks[/quote]

That is actually some pretty good design for a first site. Plus I think the style is evocative of the style of the game. Good Job.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I've been to that mushroom level. The only person there was a guy driving a bulldozer around. Went to another place that was essentially a forest of trees, deer, bears, and some Little Red Riding Hood girls.[/quote]

Uh that second place with Little Red Riding Hood girls sounds a bit creepy, haha.

Has anybody seen the places with people riding anglerfish, narwhals roaming the streets, and sailboats sailing down the road? That place was weird.

bread's done
Back