Noby Noby Boy - Gen. Discussion & Info

So that's cool. I just reported 2.6 million in growth and it didn't register. I lost several days' worth of length. That's the last time I ever play this.

edit: That's me speaking too soon then. Currently ranked #7. I'm less than a day behind #4 but it's going to be a serious effort to medal or take the top spot. The lead guy is over 8 million right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really can't help it. I absolutely adore Takahashi's work. I wish he would talk more on his blog posts about how he makes those plushes.

I have a certain length goal I want to hit and then I'm peacing out until we get some updates. I think Takahashi and his team are going to have to bow to Namco and create some objectives or structure for this in order to keep people buying and/or playing.

OK someone help me with the Unproportional Trophy please. It's the only one I have not gotten yet.
Is there a You Tube tutorial on it?

This is my result from how I read the description someone posted earlier on this thread on what I needed to do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxzS3oDcxIk
Do I need to make the ass bigger and head smaller?

Thanks. :)

Yes it does. I sat a friend down with this a couple days ago and he enjoyed it much more than I do. So hopefully the MP will offer something for both of us.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Your ass isn't big enough. Keep eating and eating until you're able to eat houses, trees and chimneys with no problems.[/quote]

Gah this is frustrating.. someone needs to make a video tutorial on how much you need to eat to get this tutorial. XD

nice! superb man and ur a great helper to the cause.

on a side note, whenever the local multiplayer releases I expect lengths to go up by x4 since it looks like 4 people can play together at once.

[quote name='Sinistar']Gah this is frustrating.. someone needs to make a video tutorial on how much you need to eat to get this tutorial. XD[/QUOTE]

I managed to get that trophy yesterday. Here's my findings:

Stretch out nice and long (at least the length of the map), and start eating. Once you've eaten enough small stuff, you can eat bigger stuff (I had some roosters on my map I couldn't eat right away, but could after filling about halfway up.) Once you can't eat any more without losing an object out your backend, shrink up with L3 and ONLY L3- do not use R3!

Once you've shrunk (and all the stuff you ate finishes blasting out), you'll find 2 things have happened: 1) your butt's a little bigger. 2) You haven't lost the ability to eat larger objects. Repeat the process, but this time, skip the small stuff and go straight to the largest things you can eat, moving up into ever-larger things. You may have to switch maps to find bigger things to eat. As you do this though, your butt will gradually get larger and eventually the trophy will trigger. (At which point you can press R3 and shrink your butt back to normal.) I never got big enough to eat houses- I think I was up to small trees/bushes or so when it finally kicked in.

Thanks for the props, everyone.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
on a side note, whenever the local multiplayer releases I expect lengths to go up by x4 since it looks like 4 people can play together at once.[/quote]

This hasn't been confirmed but I will be damn happy if it is the case. We are at about the 3% to Mars mark the last time I checked and I get the feeling that the DLC could be the bump in the ass that this game needs to get us to Mars. It's only going to happen if we get a LOT more players. By my quick and dirty calculations, even if a PS3 with four controllers running for a full year will only produce about 1.25 billion in length. I would have to convince 43 other people to be as unhealthily obsessed with this game as I am. Not going to happen.

I have absolutely no faith we will make it any further into the Solar System. Takahashi and co either need to come up with some objectives to gameplay to get people to play this more OR give out stretch multipliers. Reaching a planet a month might be enough to keep folks interested. I have a funny feeling that sales came up really short of expectations or Namco thought this game would have longer legs than it does.

this is a dumb question i know but what button or buttons do you use to give length to girl ? i just started playing and i hate reading manuals thanks plus on sdtv its hard to read

Up on the left analog stick and the start button.

You should check out the manual since they've done something interesting with it in Noby Noby Boy.

Anyone in here want to join a real gameshare group not some paypal split cost group. No i'm talking about lame ass people going " oh my games are to good for you " or " oh your a Brokeass gamer i'm sorry i have more games than " . I mean like real sharing not the fake kind that is so rampid in here. I am talking about games for games , or videos , or themes , not pissy excuses like your $9.99 game is not good enough to share with my $19.99 game. Come on people a game is a game and the dollar amount don't make one more fun , or better than the other.

So if this sounds like something you would want to do then send me a pm here or voice chat or pm me on PSN Affrowhale

Oh i almost forgot im looking for 2 - 3 people to join or i could join you if you are real game sharers like this thread was soppossed to be before people became so jaded

[quote name='bobobill']Anyone in here want to join a real gameshare group not some paypal split cost group. No i'm talking about lame ass people going " oh my games are to good for you " or " oh your a Brokeass gamer i'm sorry i have more games than " . I mean like real sharing not the fake kind that is so rampid in here. I am talking about games for games , or videos , or themes , not pissy excuses like your $9.99 game is not good enough to share with my $19.99 game. Come on people a game is a game and the dollar amount don't make one more fun , or better than the other.

So if this sounds like something you would want to do then send me a pm here or voice chat or pm me on PSN Affrowhale

Oh i almost forgot im looking for 2 - 3 people to join or i could join you if you are real game sharers like this thread was soppossed to be before people became so jaded[/quote]

Get that bullshit out of this thread.

Just get. Out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVFH...hi-bringing-noby.html&feature=player_embedded

Looks like Team Noby (can we even call them that?) is bringing BOY to the iPhone. Very interesting and hopefully we can get some kind of growth multiplier out of this. Takahashi said something in his GDC talk about being dead by the time the solar system is connected at this growth rate. Perhaps Takahashi realizes that there are some flaws with his newest project and will address them. Yay!

takathumbs-1.jpg

That little diagram of the PS3 and 360 controller cracked me up.

That's the one. If I recall correctly he got his degree from art school and one of his prior GDC presentations reflected that. I remember him showing off a planter shaped like a goat that would piss out all the excess water poured into the plant. Pretty funny.

bread's done
Back