OFFICIAL 2007 Yard Sale thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE! IF ANYONE HAS AN AC ADAPTER FOR AN ATARI 7800 THEY CAN SELL PLEASE LET ME KNOW

pretty good finds yesterday

1001419zh2.jpg

Tinhead - complete like new
TOTAL: $2
Lady would'nt budge on her $2 IAP. It looked like a megaman clone which was a plus and I'm not sure but I think it was made by the same folks that did Dynamite Heddy which is one of my favs. On top of all that it was minty new so I had to buy it

1001425fq1.jpg

GBC w/ 8 games
TOTAL: $4
Went back and forth on this one, IAP of $10. Finally agreed on $4 after poiinting out that there were no batteries in it and some condensation in the zip lock bag this stuff was in.
After agreeing on the price but before paying for the stuff I put some batteries in it (I always carry some for situations like this) and it worked fine

1001422we7.jpg

1001423xv6.jpg

1001424ya0.jpg

Atari 7800 (no power supply)
4 controllers
cool game case
3 genesis games
27 games 7800 games
TOTAL: $5
This lady was quite drunk. There was about 10 crap genny games and she wanted $10 for everything. CIF'd $5
PLEASE if anyone has a AC adapter let me know I'll buy it off you. This is my first 7800 since I regretfully sold my original one back in the day. I really want to hook this up and give some of these games a go. If anyone could hook me up it woyuld be greatly appreciated.

1001427sh7.jpg

SNES
Final fight
megaman x2
megaman soccer
ranma 1/2
knights of the round table
DKC2
TOTAL: $1.50
I was stunned to pull up to this sale and find these games at .25 each. My cheapass still tried to CIF $1 for all but the lady was'nt having it.

1001426ge8.jpg

SMB3
SP adapter
TOTAL: $1
This sale had a busted up NES w/ about 10 games nothing worthwhile except the SMB3. The SP plug was marked $1. Not really wanting anything else out of the NES pile I grabbed the SMB3 and CIF'd $1 for both.

1001430kd6.jpg

MUSHA
Road Blasters
CIF'd $1 on these 2 and passed on the complete sonics marked at $5. I've been waiting on MUSHA for a long long time, I came really close to dropping good scratch for this baby on ebay a few months ago. Glad i held off.

1001431gu1.jpg

2 like new PS2 dualshock controllers
TOTAL; $1
This sale was typical of of people not knowing the value of stuff. They had stacks of Genesis and NES games that they wanted $5 each on. I tried to CIF $2 on Super Dodgeball for the NES. The lady was adament that she could take no less than $5 a game. so I started walking away when I noticed the controller wires dangling from a table filled with clothes. To my surprise they were marked $1 ea. So I CIF'd $1 for both and the lady did'nt even hesitate. $5 for double Dribble and $1 for 2 like new PS2 controllers - where's the sense in that?

1001417dx7.jpg

Misc non gaming stuff
C& H books - .50
Spy Kids 3d w/ glasses - .25
2001 A Space oddysey - $1
Dune - $1
Sleepy Hollow - $1
Santa Clause 1 & 2 NEW! - $1 for both
Beastie Boys Liscense to Ill - .50
ZZ Tops GH - .50
Portable color TV - $1
The TV was a great find. I actually bought this exact same model at a YS last year I think and was looking hi and low for it last month but could not find it.
Comes in handy when you're on the go during football season.

[quote name='Trikip']Next time you go yard saling, Troz, always ask for games. You'd be surprised how many people have games they want to get rid of but don't put them out.[/QUOTE]
I asked every chance I got. One guy went through the house to look for games but came back with nothing. I'll keep trying in the coming weeks.

found a 64 with 18 games but the lady didnt like my 10 buck offer. most were sports but she let me buy what i wanted for a buck a game. scored star fox, rouge squadrn, doom, tourk 2, and goldeneye.

later on i found a stash of 2600 games for a quarter a piece. got some classics like defender, missle command, space invaders, yars, chopper command. i think i picked up 15 or so but they were just ones i didnt have before. meh. not bad.

Had another strong weekend at the yard sales. Hit mostly two large neighborhood sales. Here you go.

N64 & Hookups
2 Controllers (1 1st party, 1 Knockoff)
Mario Kart 64
N64 Carry Bag
Mad Catz Steering Wheel & Pedals
Kraft Joystick
$5
---------
SNES & Hookups
Frogger SNES
Madden NFL 95 SNES
Toy Story SNES
Jurassic Park: The Chaos Continues SNES
FIFA 96 SNES
Ms. Pac-Man SNES
Pac-Man 2 SNES
Super Mario World SNES
Entertainment Center for NES/Atari 2600/Sega Master System
$10
----------
SNES No Hookups or Controllers (Perfect Color, No Yellowing)
$1
---------
Super Mario All Stars SNES
$.50
----------
Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World
$.50
---------
Super Mario World
$.50
---------
NES & Hookups
1 Controller
Stealth NES
PS1 & Hookups
1 Controller
SNES & Hookups
1 Controller
Super Mario Kart SNES
$10
---------
Gameboy Game & Watch Gallery
$.25
---------
Star Wars The Video Game PS2 NGH
$3
---------
Gamecube Controller
$5.00 (Now have 4 for the GC/Wii)
---------
Gameboy Advance SP NES Version (A little nicked up on the exterior, screen fine)
Carrying Case
Flexible Light Attachment
$3.00
---------
PSone Portable & Power Cord
1 Controller
Carrying Case
Game Only Monster's Inc., loose in console.
$7
-Found out after got home a hinge is cracked on the screen. Will not stay upright, but works ok if propped up. Damn it.
---------
PS2 Controller
PS2 Network Adapter
Network Adapter Start-up Disc
PS2 Remote Control
PS2 Multiplayer Adapter
$5
---------
PS2 8MB Memory Card
$1
---------
Head Catapult 200XL Racquetball Racquet
$.50
---------
4 VeggieTales DVDs
$8

Picture here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54735563@N00/1508901713/

Snotknocker it still amazes me the hard to find worthwhile retro gaming stuff you find week after week collecting dust at yardsales around you even though a good chunk of the time what you buy is pocket change even for the IAP, in this case even as yardsale season is slowing down! I say you start playing the lottery if you don't already since you'll be winning big in no time if you can bring over that luck you have at yardsales lol

[quote name='willc23']Had another strong weekend at the yard sales. Hit mostly two large neighborhood sales. Here you go.

N64 & Hookups
2 Controllers (1 1st party, 1 Knockoff)
Mario Kart 64
N64 Carry Bag
Mad Catz Steering Wheel & Pedals
Kraft Joystick
$5
---------
SNES & Hookups
Frogger SNES
Madden NFL 95 SNES
Toy Story SNES
Jurassic Park: The Chaos Continues SNES
FIFA 96 SNES
Ms. Pac-Man SNES
Pac-Man 2 SNES
Super Mario World SNES
Entertainment Center for NES/Atari 2600/Sega Master System
$10
----------
SNES No Hookups or Controllers (Perfect Color, No Yellowing)
$1
---------
Super Mario All Stars SNES
$.50
----------
Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World
$.50
---------
NES & Hookups
1 Controller
Stealth NES
PS1 & Hookups
1 Controller
SNES & Hookups
1 Controller
Super Mario Kart SNES
$10
---------
Gameboy Game & Watch Gallery
$.25
---------
Star Wars The Video Game PS2 NGH
$3
---------
Gamecube Controller
$5.00 (Now have 4 for the GC/Wii)
---------
Gameboy Advance SP NES Version (A little nicked up on the exterior, screen fine)
Carrying Case
Flexible Light Attachment
$3.00
---------
PSone Portable & Power Cord
1 Controller
Carrying Case
$7
-Found out after got home a hinge is cracked on the screen. Will not stay upright, but works ok if propped up. Damn it.
---------
PS2 Controller
PS2 Network Adapter
Network Adapter Start-up Disc
PS2 Remote Control
PS2 Multiplayer Adapter
$5
---------
PS2 8MB Memory Card
$1
---------
Head Catapult 200XL Racquetball Racquet
$.50
---------
4 VeggieTales DVDs
$8

Picture here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54735563@N00/1508901713/[/quote]

a picture frame mount does the trick those things with hinges runing down the middle with two simmetrical grooves all most like this (J:L) J=one side, : = hinge, L = Other side but theyd be the same

Just a $1 Gamecube controller for me this week. It's pretty beat up, but I needed a fourth and it seems to work just fine. Other than that, the only other gaming item I saw was a stack of ho-hum PS2 games at $5 each (Midnight Club, Donald Duck, Twisted Metal Black, Driving Emotion Type-S, and a few others), all in used game cases from Hollywood Video.

Fairly mediocre weekend considering I easily hit 60 sales.

N64 with Expanision Pak
LE Gold Controller
Yoshi's Story
Cruis'n World
Paperboy
Banjo Kazooie
Pokemon Stadium x2
Army Men Sarges Heroes
Turok Dino Hunter
$12

Xbox with all hookups
2 of the S Controller
Ninja Gaiden Disc Only
$25
Don't know why I bought this considering I already have 4 or 5 Xboxes....

Fat Ps2 with 2 1st Party and 1 3rd Party Controller (no power cable)
$10

Contra Shattered Soldier Case and Manual (plus a bunch of others)
Yoshi McDonalds Toy

Devil May Cry 3 Tshirt (new in plastic)
$1

And the best find of the day

Atari 5200 NearMint with the vinyl cover
Atari 2600 not so mint
Genesis with Lion King Pack in, complete in box

Boogerman Gen Complete

5200 Games (all with manual)
Mario Bros
Qix
Wizard of Wor
Pac-Man
Pengo
James Bond 007
Kangaroo
Joust

2600 games (a few manuals)
Spider-Man
Super Challenge Football
Missile Command
Asteroids
Combat
Smurf
Freeway
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Ms. Pac-Man
Night Driver
Berzerk
Maze Craze
Defender
Breakout
MASH
Jungle Hunt
Space Invaders
Donkey Kong
Pac-Man
Canyon Bomber
Keystone Kapers
Montezuma's Revenge
Surround
Enduro
Vanguard
Frogger
$10

Anybody know if any of the Atari games are rare? It is really the only system I don't collect. The only one I know is uncommon is Montezuma's Revenger.

I ran into a really rude person this weekend, she was the type who said she would rather throw stuff in the garbage than let it go for low prices, she was trying to charge me 5$ for an obviously very used ps1 multitap adaptor even though she said OH I WOULD RATHER THROW IT IN THE GARBAGE CAUSE I PAID 35$ FOR THAT AND MY BOYS NEVER USED IT!!! She was also trying to sell used and extremely washed out abercrombie shirts for god knows what price each because she claims she paid 45$ each for them, and there were like 20 shirts there. Sorry lady but that logic just fails with me, why not take a lower price, at least you are getting something out of your wasted purchase, and if your going to buy into things like console games and abercrombie then you have to be ready for the depreciation on things. She was also running around saying DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS, ITS ABERCROMBIE I PAID 45$ EACH FOR THESE SHIRTS!!!!!!!! Then she was complaining to us about the price of the ad for the yardsale at which point I mentioned that you could post yard sale ads for free on craigslist and other websites, and hang signs around the neighborhood if your opposed to the price of the ad, then she comes back with, oh I don't do all that internet crap.

[quote name='SaraAB']I ran into a really rude person this weekend, she was the type who said she would rather throw stuff in the garbage than let it go for low prices, she was trying to charge me 5$ for an obviously very used ps1 multitap adaptor even though she said OH I WOULD RATHER THROW IT IN THE GARBAGE CAUSE I PAID 35$ FOR THAT AND MY BOYS NEVER USED IT!!! She was also trying to sell used and extremely washed out abercrombie shirts for god knows what price each because she claims she paid 45$ each for them, and there were like 20 shirts there. Sorry lady but that logic just fails with me, why not take a lower price, at least you are getting something out of your wasted purchase, and if your going to buy into things like console games and abercrombie then you have to be ready for the depreciation on things. She was also running around saying DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS, ITS ABERCROMBIE I PAID 45$ EACH FOR THESE SHIRTS!!!!!!!! Then she was complaining to us about the price of the ad for the yardsale at which point I mentioned that you could post yard sale ads for free on craigslist and other websites, and hang signs around the neighborhood if your opposed to the price of the ad, then she comes back with, oh I don't do all that internet crap.[/quote]

maybe she had some issues and couldnt make it to her shrink that day and instead wanted to complaain to ppl that came to the sale.

-------------------------------------------------------------

unrelated to the above post theres one guy near me that is like havng a non stop sale last year i went to it and he has like one table set up but i got a virtual boy a nes with tetris and a sega genises for $2 he was basically throwing the stuff at me just really generous thats the kinda sales i like i am gonna go see what he has this time.

[quote name='SaraAB']I ran into a really rude person this weekend, she was the type who said she would rather throw stuff in the garbage than let it go for low prices, she was trying to charge me 5$ for an obviously very used ps1 multitap adaptor even though she said OH I WOULD RATHER THROW IT IN THE GARBAGE CAUSE I PAID 35$ FOR THAT AND MY BOYS NEVER USED IT!!! She was also trying to sell used and extremely washed out abercrombie shirts for god knows what price each because she claims she paid 45$ each for them, and there were like 20 shirts there. Sorry lady but that logic just fails with me, why not take a lower price, at least you are getting something out of your wasted purchase, and if your going to buy into things like console games and abercrombie then you have to be ready for the depreciation on things. She was also running around saying DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS, ITS ABERCROMBIE I PAID 45$ EACH FOR THESE SHIRTS!!!!!!!! Then she was complaining to us about the price of the ad for the yardsale at which point I mentioned that you could post yard sale ads for free on craigslist and other websites, and hang signs around the neighborhood if your opposed to the price of the ad, then she comes back with, oh I don't do all that internet crap.[/quote]

I think all the mental patients were running their sales this weekend.

No wonder she wasn't selling anything and people were just dropping stuff and leaving... I should know better that when I pull up to a sale on a sunday morning that has tons of stuff left from the last day that its an overpriced sale with a mental patient running it.

If your having a yard sale you have to take the yard sale attitude, which is sell it for cheap prices, I had my own yard sale and I was also giving away stuff, or telling people they could take extra things if they bought a lot of stuff, you get rid of more that way, and the less leftovers the better. Plus if you sell in volume, it adds up, those 25 cent items add up after a while... Your better off selling it for 10 or 25 cents then having to pick it up and drag it back into the house.

On another note I went to a church sale where they were throwing stuff into the compactor as I was grabbing it, I ended up paying 1$ for a whole box of stuff, I was basically saving everything from the trash that I could!

I've run into several people that have said they would rather throw it in the garbage than sell at my offer price.

On more than one occasion and this is inclusive of people with way high IAP's - I've nicely explained to the people that I buy gaming stuff all the time and their monetary expectations are way high and that they would be very very lucky to get what they're asking. I have talked these types of sellers down many many times. For the most part they're clueless and if they believe what you're telling them chances are you're gonna get a pretty good deal. You get a feel after a while who you can talk down. It's a pretty darn good feeling when you can pay1/10th of what the person was asking.

More than once I've bought stuff that I did not really want just to hone my skills, it's weird but I almost consider it a challange. Nonetheless it's good practice even if you don't make the deal. The most important thing you need to remember is it's unlikely you'll ever see these people again and if you do you'll know right off the bat if you can make a deal or not

I've also run across people that I get a bad vibe from and just wont waste my time with.

[quote name='snotknocker']I've run into several people that have said they would rather throw it in the garbage than sell at my offer price.

On more than one occasion and this is inclusive of people with way high IAP's - I've nicely explained to the people that I buy gaming stuff all the time and their monetary expectations are way high and that they would be very very lucky to get what they're asking. I have talked these types of sellers down many many times. For the most part they're clueless and if they believe what you're telling them chances are you're gonna get a pretty good deal. You get a feel after a while who you can talk down. It's a pretty darn good feeling when you can pay1/10th of what the person was asking.

More than once I've bought stuff that I did not really want just to hone my skills, it's weird but I almost consider it a challange. Nonetheless it's good practice even if you don't make the deal. The most important thing you need to remember is it's unlikely you'll ever see these people again and if you do you'll know right off the bat if you can make a deal or not

I've also run across people that I get a bad vibe from and just wont waste my time with.[/quote]

Thanks, that's good advice....my problem is I get people that have a high asking price but WON'T come down at all. Their solution/counter seems to be "Gamestop would buy it!" or "I can sell this on ebay and make more!" And they're still clueless, but they won't believe me or even realize they are suppose to negotiate. They have the mistaken assumption that they're suppose to make money at yard sales.

The ones that don't come down at all ends up still having almost of the items they were going to sell and would have sold if they came down on their price.

[quote name='guyinga']Thanks, that's good advice....my problem is I get people that have a high asking price but WON'T come down at all. Their solution/counter seems to be "Gamestop would buy it!" or "I can sell this on ebay and make more!" And they're still clueless, but they won't believe me or even realize they are suppose to negotiate. They have the mistaken assumption that they're suppose to make money at yard sales.

The ones that don't come down at all ends up still having almost of the items they were going to sell and would have sold if they came down on their price.[/quote]

I know that type well - it's like beating a dead horse
Just move on and do'nt waste your time. In this game time is always of the essence. I've missed lots of good deals by minutes and on occasion by seconds. You never know when you're gonna hit deal - the more sales you hit the better your chances

1001430kd6.jpg

MUSHA
Road Blasters

MUSHA is the gem of the shooter s on the Genny. I still have mine complete when my bro bought 17 years ago....
Excellent find snot. Also nice on the other complete Genny ganes.

[quote name='IkilledLassic']
MUSHA is the gem of the shooter s on the Genny. I still have mine complete when my bro bought 17 years ago....
Excellent find snot. Also nice on the other complete Genny ganes.

[/quote]

I'm loving this game. It was very high on my want list and will probably go down as one of my most memorable finds. Now, if I could only find a copy of Einhander or Secret of Mana my season would be complete

[quote name='snotknocker']I'm loving this game. It was very high on my want list and will probably go down as one of my most memorable finds. Now, if I could only find a copy of Einhander or Secret of Mana my season would be complete[/QUOTE]
I also got Musha. Found it awhile back at goodwill. Sadly, I haven't gotten around to it and most of my other classic game stuff.

I would probably say my season would be complete if I could Secret of Mana or any other SNES rpgs. That or some saturn & PS1 rpgs, or any good saturn games. I would love to find a copy of Valkyrie Profile so I could have a complete copy.

Usually if I get a bad vibe from people I just drop all my stuff and leave, unless of course its something really awesome that I just have to have. After all voting with your money is the best way to go, if you don't like the price, don't buy it, chances are that person will then be stuck with tons of leftovers to clean up afterwards because no one will be buying. There is no better way to send a message about a person's yard sale than to not buy anything. As other posters mentioned your best not beating a dead horse with these people, if they think they can get 45$ for that washed out abercrombie shirt then let them and move onto the next sale, as there will always be more sales!

Or, you could do what my friend does, go by the overpriced houses the next day or before the garbage pickup comes and pick the garbage and then get all the items you wanted for free!

It seems ever since eBay more and more people think their shit is gold.

It's a GARAGE SALE, you're just trying to get a couple bucks out of stuff you'd otherwise pay to have disposed of.

If the people having the sale happen to have a dog running around (and quite a lot do for some reason), I'll offer to buy the dog for two dollars. I've had some people actually get all pissed at me.

[quote name='PyroGamer']
It's a GARAGE SALE, you're just trying to get a couple bucks out of stuff you'd otherwise pay to have disposed of.[/quote]
If only more sellers would adopt this attitude.

The "I'd rather throw it away" logic is such a bizarre stubbornness. I guess I can understand the basis for "I paid X for that", and wanting to recoup that money, but it's just not realistic. Yardsales are not meant for profit. And going beyond the scope of videogames, some of the stuff people try to sell at outrageous prices just doesn't make sense (e.g. clothes/shoes, pots/pans, plastic kid toys, kitchy junk, etc). eBay truly has truly altered the yardsale perception and experience.

My season pretty much ended last weekend. Don't have time to hit sales for the rest of October, so I figure I might as well start stashing back cash for March. I did pick up Prima guides for Gran Turismo and Evolution, though. 50 cents each.

I picked up a Xbox this last Saturday for $5. The guy said sometimes it works and sometimes it won't. I figured for $5 what do I have to lose. I get it home and try playing Riddick. It works for about 5 mins and then gives me the dirty disk error. I try it again and it only plays around 2 mins. I'm thinking ok I just replace the disk drive but then I tried my lens cleaner CD in the Xbox and now it works perfectly. What a deal!

Well im yet to find any sort of video games at and rummage/garage sale around me but with it barely reaching 50 degrees out around here my hopes of Rummage game gold waits till next year..

The problem here isn't ebay, its the price of the ad for the paper, I live in a city of very stupid people who care more about drugs than computers, but when the local paper charges 30$ for a yard sale ad people are like I MUST MAKE UP FOR THE COST OF THE AD, instead of using free advertising services such as craigslist and hanging up signs all over the place.

This is why yard sales here are so overpriced...

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']this is going to be the last weekend of the season here in NY...[/quote]

That's what I'm thinking if I'm lucky maybe 2

Well, I saw the first snow of the season on the ground today. The season is over for sure.
Good thing there's about seven thrift stores around here. Winter is when I find the best things at thrift shops around here.

[quote name='SaraAB']The problem here isn't ebay, its the price of the ad for the paper, I live in a city of very stupid people who care more about drugs than computers, but when the local paper charges 30$ for a yard sale ad people are like I MUST MAKE UP FOR THE COST OF THE AD, instead of using free advertising services such as craigslist and hanging up signs all over the place.

This is why yard sales here are so overpriced...[/quote]
No reason to bother with the paper here...you might get a good deal if you put just the address, date and time, and describe your items as "Misc". When I ran a garage sale last year, I was quoted a price of $28 to run an ad of about 12 words for 3 days. I ended up pasting about three home-made signs instead and still drew in enough customers to raise $200. While the newspaper is what I use to draw up my route, I always take detours for unadvertised sales. They're usually better in terms of both prices and quality of items.

Hrm...15 sales in my zip code tomorrow, and I happened upon a few extra bucks. Maybe my season isn't over yet?

[quote name='skid']Well, I saw the first snow of the season on the ground today. The season is over for sure.
Good thing there's about seven thrift stores around here. Winter is when I find the best things at thrift shops around here.[/QUOTE]
You're lucky to have thrift stores in your area. All I have is a bunch of goodwill stores, one salvation army, and two crappy chain pawn shops that don't deal with anything old.

findze.jpg

Stuff from today and Sunday:

Japanese Mario's Tennis for the Virtual Boy - $3
Gun Force snes game - $1

Blue Debugger PS1 w/ hookups, controllers, 3 games, memory cards and link cable - $60

That debug unit is a nice find. I'd love to find one of those.

Sadly, I didn't get much today. There were only a few sales that I hit. I found some old lawn darts with the metal tips for $1.50. They don't make em like that any more. I also got Rampage for the NES and the 11th Hour (PC) for $1.

The season is definitely winding down up here (western NY). There were only 5 yardsales near me. At one I picked up a black official Gamecube controller (or as the old lady running the sale referred to it, a "hand thingy") for $1. Then I decided to swing by the Salvation Army. Somebody had just dropped off some Genesis games, so I managed to get Battletoads/Double Dragon, Toejam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron, and Ghouls 'N Ghosts for $3 each. Battletoads and Toejam are CIB and G+G was cartridge only. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

[quote name='Trikip']What a debug unit? Maybe like a unit with an error (since it's blue)?[/QUOTE]
A debug unit is one that developers use for testing the games. I think those can actually play burnt games by default, but I can't remember if there is anything else that is different about them, besides the color.

Ugh. Two people advertisted yard sales today within a mile of my school; I went to both, neither were there.

Big CL haul though...post coming soon in the proper thread.

[quote name='Kuros']
Blue Debugger PS1 w/ hookups, controllers, 3 games, memory cards and link cable - $60[/quote]
hey, that's the one from Craigslist. if i didn't already have one, i would've bought it for sure. the seller had actually been relisting that PSX for a couple weeks now.

Where I live....the yard sales are actually cranking up, as opposed to winding down. They'll be at least SEVEN community sales this weekend. I'm hoping that based on last weekend's results, this weekend will be great too.

[quote name='allyourblood']hey, that's the one from Craigslist. if i didn't already have one, i would've bought it for sure. the seller had actually been relisting that PSX for a couple weeks now.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I was waiting for the price to drop.

It's minty

Just got back and found almost NOTHING at the various community sales I went to. It was close to 11 a.m. before I was done....I just decided to head home and call it a day.

From that I got:

Pro Pinball - Fantastic Journey (PS1) - $2
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (XBX) - $3

And that's it. I think yard sale season is done for me.

I got a Ralph Lauren dress shirt, an Izod lined coat & a water-powered foot massager thingie as well. Argh

Yesterday you were all confident and saying it's cranking up. But it looks like the season is ending for all of us, unfortunately.

[quote name='Trikip']Yesterday you were all confident and saying it's cranking up. But it looks like the season is ending for all of us, unfortunately.[/quote]

:lol: Yup, I did. I was just glad to find reasonably priced X-Box games (can't tell you how many times I see people try to sell individual X-Box games for $10). A very disorganized family is suppose to call me about their games, but they haven't yet (if at all).

Saturday was a bust thanks to some late Friday rainfall, and today was very, very slim. I had many signs leading to nowhere, argh.

Picked up the following for $30 today. Not a great price but not bad, and I've wanted one of the mini SNES units for a while. It's my first haul too :)

071014_snes.jpg

071014_psx.jpg

Absurd haul this weekend, between Yard Sales and CraigsList. Its going to take me a few days to list it all, but I've taken photos and I'm in the process of cleaning and testing it all...which I'm scrambling to do, because I'm vending at a con next week, where I usually sell buttons, stickers, and shirts, but I experimented with selling some of my extra classic games at one over the summer and they went like friggin' hotcakes. The biggest complaint was that I didn't bring any consoles...which I'm prepared for this time.

Oh, but this morning on CraigsList:

Black Sports Dreamcast
VMU
PowerStone
Evolution
Sonic Adventure 1 & 2
Web Browser
Tony Hawk
2x sports BS games
all complete, discs a little scratched but nothing too deep

Green N64, 2 green controllers
Donkey Kong
Smash Bros
Star Fox
Ocarina of time
Mario Party 2
Spiderman

$50

Out of about $200+ spent this weekend, including three other very large lots all in the same price range, and this lot was the smallest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back