OFFICIAL 2007 Yard Sale thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slim Gatsby-Im jealous that you found a NES toploader. I've only seen one and it was being sold at a flea market for $85. Maybe someday, but congrats on a great find!

Snotknocker-wow...

::Finds::

SNES
+Zelda: Link to the Past
+Super ghouls and ghosts
+Spider-man vs. x-men revenge
+FIFA '96 (mint in box with poster and everything)
+Bass Masters classic (mint in box with poster and everything)
+Pacman2
+Donkey Kong Country 3

Total:$35 (high but, the games are worth more than that, and some I've been looking for)

PSP:
System with case *free*-its broken, but I called sony and they'll give me a NEW unit for $89.95 plus tax ^^
Charger-$2

NES
Wood and Water Rage-$2

I had my own yard sale and a lot of people do take the stuff and hold it which is good, thankfully I didn't have any disputes, I had people give me really good prices on stuff and my mom got 25$ for a leather coat that she was only going to sell for $5 or 10$ by putting make offer on it (on top of the 93$ I made on worthless stuff).

My neighbors only had overpriced stuff at their yard sale, my stuff was selling and theirs wasnt', never let your kids price their own items.. No one is going to pay $10-15 for that used CD player then it just turns off potential buyers. Only put prices on stuff that you yourself would pay at a yard sale, anything you are not sure of put make offer on, you might get more than you expect. Label your stuff well (if you have the time, if not do it during the slow times at your sale), this shows you care and people will be more likely to buy.

You really have to be fast when shopping at a yard sale, if you see something you want ask about it, if the price is too high, decline. If you ask and pay then other people are less likely to steal it out from under you.

No yardsailing for me, but at a thrift store they had an Intellivision for $24.99, and an atari for $24.99. They also had about 50 games, around 25 for each system, for $3.99 each.
I hate whoever prices games at that store.

[quote name='snotknocker']Some decent insanely crazy good finds today[/QUOTE]

Fixed!

What time did you find this? Your neighborhood is magical or something when it comes to finding old games at yardsales cheap lol

Double Dragon III for Famicom

Got this at the flea market today, .25 (IAP) first time I've found a Japanese game in the wild. Before this I have only found 2 Pal Megadrive games over the last few years.

[quote name='FOnewearl']Fixed!

What time did you find this? Your neighborhood is magical or something when it comes to finding old games at yardsales cheap lol[/quote]

Got the larger NES lot at 8:15
Got the PS1/NES stuff at 11:00
Got the joysticks at 11:05

Just for the record I pass on a lot of stuff that is way overpriced. I see a lot of NES games usually at $2 - $5 or PS2 Xbox, and Gamecube games for $10 or more.

But for the most part my area is very densely populated middle class with outrageous property taxes,. high cost of living etc. So I think a lot of people are glad to get a few bucks for games that are just collecting dust

FOnewearl--
Your Double Dragon appears to be a Chinese bootleg copy, not a Japanese version. (The text is Chinese, not Japanese.) Still pretty good for a quarter, though. I'd certainly bite.

[quote name='Cmosfm']I normally have great yard sale weekend, and I actually had a decent one this weekend but I am still kicking myself in the ass over a great deal I missed out on because I didn't think quick enough.
[/quote]Good story to read, but I'm sorry of how it came out for you. This reminds me of a lesson I've learned: When you see something you like at a yard sale or thrift store, GRAB it right away. Don't say "I'll get it on my way out." You never know when someone's going to snatch it up. If you're uncertain, you can at least carry it around for awhile while you think about it and put it down if you decide against it.

I admit this might be more of a thrift store tactic than a yard sale one, since it may work against you if you try a CIF. The seller will know you're intested no matter what, and may be less willing to negotiate. So use at your discretion.

[quote name='cranguy']Good story to read, but I'm sorry of how it came out for you. This reminds me of a lesson I've learned: When you see something you like at a yard sale or thrift store, GRAB it right away. Don't say "I'll get it on my way out." You never know when someone's going to snatch it up. If you're uncertain, you can at least carry it around for awhile while you think about it and put it down if you decide against it.

I admit this might be more of a thrift store tactic than a yard sale one, since it may work against you if you try a CIF. The seller will know you're intested no matter what, and may be less willing to negotiate. So use at your discretion.[/QUOTE]

Well the thing is, I normally do that, but the person that bought it was already looking at it when I noticed it and asked the price of it. Shoulda whipped 5 bucks out and handed it right to her. Rats. :(

Man, I YS in NJ just like Snotknocker and I NEVER find what he does (seemingly every week) despite living in a similar area with outrageous property taxes. Indeed his area is magical.

Anyways, poured rain after 1030 AM but a couple of decent finds.

NES Games with dust sleeves and case
Mario 1
Mario 2
Mario 3
Wrecking Crew
Dragon Power
Yo Noid
Lode Runner
Kickle Cubicle

$5

Game Gear in decent shape
7 Games
9 Game Cases

$7

Paid way more than usual for this but I figure I can flip three of the games and get everything else for free
SNES System with all hookups/2 controllers
Mario World
Tetris Attack
Tetris/Dr. Mario
Mario Kart
Zelda
Top Gear
SF II
SF II Turbo

$40

4 Different Yugioh game Strat Guides
2$

Raystorm PS1 complete with foil cover
Ed, Edd, and Eddy GC

$5

Set of Nintendo Dominos complete
$1

Pile of 12 or so Gameboy manuals
FREE

[quote name='snotknocker']Got the larger NES lot at 8:15
Got the PS1/NES stuff at 11:00
Got the joysticks at 11:05

Just for the record I pass on a lot of stuff that is way overpriced. I see a lot of NES games usually at $2 - $5 or PS2 Xbox, and Gamecube games for $10 or more.

But for the most part my area is very densely populated middle class with outrageous property taxes,. high cost of living etc. So I think a lot of people are glad to get a few bucks for games that are just collecting dust[/QUOTE]

I figured that you at least found the first find early since you said that at least a couple of games were out on a table in the open but that still amazes me that it lasted at least 15 minutes (assuming no early sales)! It seems a bit tougher for me to find old games every year between less to go around & more interest, I don't typically see anything way overpriced for a yardsale when I do see 8 or 16-bit stuff but although reasonably priced I've never had any luck in convincing people to part with a system and games for $5 or less by haggling. I still remember a couple of years ago seeing a SNES with about 10 games marked $25 said that $20 was the best they would do (CIFed $15 with no luck) as soon as I left somebody else came in and snapped it up.

[quote name='cranguy']FOnewearl--
Your Double Dragon appears to be a Chinese bootleg copy, not a Japanese version. (The text is Chinese, not Japanese.) Still pretty good for a quarter, though. I'd certainly bite.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info I guess I proved what I know about imported games (little to nothing :D) I am somewhat versed at least with SMS games Pal vs US. It's too bad it's a bootleg but for a quarter even the case itself would have been worth it to me.

This past weekend I picked up for my Xbox 360 Over G Fighters, Quake 4, Hitman Blood Money, and X-Men The Official Game. Asking price was $5 each, but I got all 4 for $15. Nothing great, but $15 for any 4 360 games (except the BK ones) is worth it to me.

Unfortunatly around my area, it has been extremely dry. I have been going on from 7 - 10:30ish. I have had decent luck at a couple pawn shops. I picked up Rampage for Wii and Caslvania: Portrait of Ruin for DS. I just have to say this. PoR is a fantastic game and I would suggest it to anyone with a DS. I paid 25 for both, but I really wanted PoR so I didn't care to much about the price. Hopefully, I will geta decent score this weekend and get to share it with everyone here.

Just got back and sorta pissed about this weekend's sales. First house I went to, they had two games and were like, "Name an offer" and I went with $2 and got Populous The Beginning & Medal Of Honor for PS1.

Then I went to a huge family/church sale and that's when the bullshit started.

I spotted a N64 and they wanted $30 for the whole thing. I saw Donkey Kong 64 (with the box!) and Mickey Speedway USA (with box) and World Driver Championship. I grabbed Mickey & World Driver and asked the seller how much. I offered $5, she offered $8. She wouldn't go any lower and said, "I'd rather take $30 for the whole thing then sell it individually." It's supposed to be a sale to help a youth group and the jerk wouldn't budge! So I just put it back in the bag and went on.

There were several tables with several sellers. I saw "Gamecube Games" so I browsed. The woman at the table had a clipboard with a LIST of all the prices for the games! She had some GREAT games -- like Mario Kart Double Dash for $35. Most of the prices were way too high for me. From what I remembered, it was about $100 for the whole set. I looked at the list, trying to figure out how to negotiate with her on it. I asked where she got the prices from. I said "Ebay?" She told me, "No, my son went to EB Games and saw those prices and he wanted to try to stay competitive." Look it's a yard sale, be happy I'm wanting to buy from you!

I offered $25 for the whole thing and she acted offended. I walked off and came back and asked her if she changed her mind. "No," she said. "What about $35?" "No." I looked at Metroid Prime & Metroid Prime 2 and she countered with "What about $15 for both of those?" I asked her if she would budge on the Mario Kart price. No, she wouldn't. She said, "I think it's crazy to sell all the games for $25 or $35." Look be happy I'm buying from you! I ended up buying both Metroid's instead.

I feel like going back to that sale and seeing if SHE wants to sell those games at exborant prices. If not, I'll tell her where to stick it.

I went to a couple of sales today, but didn't get much. I found a Genesis with three games and a PS1 with a couple of games for $10 each. I passed. Next one I went to this guy was selling a Wii with 8 games for $500. He had MP: Corruption on there but wanted to sell the full package.

Then I headed to a big community sale and missed the "No Parking" cone that was 15 feet away. Needless to say, I got slapped with a $15 parking ticket and nothing to show for it but an Othello board game I bought for $1 and Will and Grace Season 3, which I found out we already owned.

So all in all, a horrible yardsaling morning... :cry:

[quote name='guyinga']Just got back and sorta pissed about this weekend's sales. First house I went to, they had two games and were like, "Name an offer" and I went with $2 and got Populous The Beginning & Medal Of Honor for PS1.

Then I went to a huge family/church sale and that's when the bullshit started.

I spotted a N64 and they wanted $30 for the whole thing. I saw Donkey Kong 64 (with the box!) and Mickey Speedway USA (with box) and World Driver Championship. I grabbed Mickey & World Driver and asked the seller how much. I offered $5, she offered $8. She wouldn't go any lower and said, "I'd rather take $30 for the whole thing then sell it individually." It's supposed to be a sale to help a youth group and the jerk wouldn't budge! So I just put it back in the bag and went on.

There were several tables with several sellers. I saw "Gamecube Games" so I browsed. The woman at the table had a clipboard with a LIST of all the prices for the games! She had some GREAT games -- like Mario Kart Double Dash for $35. Most of the prices were way too high for me. From what I remembered, it was about $100 for the whole set. I looked at the list, trying to figure out how to negotiate with her on it. I asked where she got the prices from. I said "Ebay?" She told me, "No, my son went to EB Games and saw those prices and he wanted to try to stay competitive." Look it's a yard sale, be happy I'm wanting to buy from you!

I offered $25 for the whole thing and she acted offended. I walked off and came back and asked her if she changed her mind. "No," she said. "What about $35?" "No." I looked at Metroid Prime & Metroid Prime 2 and she countered with "What about $15 for both of those?" I asked her if she would budge on the Mario Kart price. No, she wouldn't. She said, "I think it's crazy to sell all the games for $25 or $35." Look shut the fuck up and be happy I'm buying from you! I ended up buying both Metroid's instead.

I feel like going back to that sale and seeing if SHE wants to sell those games at exborant prices. If not, I'll tell her where to stick it.[/quote]

so you are mad that she wouldnt come down off her asking price?...its her games she can charge whatever she wants, you have no right to expect to pay 1/4 of what she was asking and if she doesnt accept you should not get pissed about it

Another bad day. I'm from south jersey, and never seem to find the kind of deals snotnocker finds. I just got a "you don't know jack" 1-4 set that is 9 years old for $3.

Decent yardsaling today.

Got a green N64 with one controller and all cords with the following 3 games:

Zelda Ocarina of Time (gold cart)
Super Smash Bros
Penny Racers

for $7 CIF.

Also picked up a sweet John Deere weedwhacker and a weight set for another $50.

[quote name='Jedi1979']so you are mad that she wouldnt come down off her asking price?...its her games she can charge whatever she wants, you have no right to expect to pay 1/4 of what she was asking and if she doesnt accept you should not get pissed about it[/quote]

I wasn't pissed about her not accepting my offer, just that she had a list with certain games seemingly worth more than others based on the perception of used prices at Gamestop. Yes, it's true, she can charge whatever she wants, but if she wants ebay/gamestop prices, she's not going to get them at yard sales. I went back later and she was still going to stick with the prices. Since she had a copy of Baten Kaitos, I went ahead and picked that up for $15 (which isn't that bad of a price at all). The others, Mario Kart Double Dash, Legend of Zelda Four Swords, Animal Crossing, Mario Gold Toadstool Tour, Resident Evil, Resident Evil Zero, and Resident Evil 4, I hated to leave. The rest I already had copies of. I will say this, her son has great tastes in games!

So I guess we're not supposed to try to make deals with people? I threw out $25 or $35 initially because one or two of the items were at that price. If it were me, I would figure "Hey, I can get rid of that game at $35 along with some others too." God, you make me feel like an asshole. :lol:

I got a great find today. I stopped at one yard sale specifically because it said 'games'. After pulling in, I quickly spotted some Ps1 games;

1459265872_a68f3bee47_m.jpg

The woman running it was asking $6 for all. But upon looking through it, I noticed Musashi had no discs, so she gave it to me for $3. (Although when I first mentioned it she took and said, "I'll just throw it away" NOO!!! Rare game case and manual!) When I went through it I found disc 3 of Final Fantasy. She had a Sega Genesis (dirty no hookups) for $7, dirty gamecube, no hookups $5 and a GBA that didn't work.

Edit: Picked up Golden Eye 007 at a flea market for $1.

There was a ton of sales today must of hit up about 50. Lots of gaming stuff but much of it overpriced. I did manage a couple of good finds. The day started off good and fizzeled for about 3 hours and ended with a pretty good bang.

First sale I hit I found a New Ultrex Pro Deep fryer for $3. Should be great for quick wings, poppers, fries etc. Then about three hours of nothingness made me feel like it was time to call it a day. I decided to hit up one of my irregular routes for unadvertised sale and was glad I did. I scored all this stuff within a 3 mile span in less than an hour

1001411ny6.jpg

PS1 mini system and the following games all complete and all in great shape except for some cracked cases and lightr scratches on some of the games
Driver
Driver 2
GTA
GTA2
Tomb Raider 3
Tomb Raider Last Revelation
Wild Arms 2
FFVII - Black Label (I've been very lucky finding FFVII's this year)
Marvel Superheroes
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil Survivor
Xenogears
Tomba
TOTAL: $10
These goodies were bagged up and sitting on a table. I peaked inside the bag saw the mini and Tomb Raider Last Revelation. I did not have a mini or TRLR, both were high on my want list. So I picked up the bag walked over to the lady and tried to CIF $5, She said she thought it was at least worth $25. I scoped out the rest of the games in the bag, after seeing the titles I displayed a total look of disbelief and was gonna fork over the $25, i guess she took my look the other way and she immediately said 'How about $15 then?" The ballsy fellow that I am, I countered with How about $10? and she reluctantly took it saying that I was getting one hell of a deal - but i already knew that.

1001410lx0.jpg

Nintendo 64, 2 controllers, 6 games,
TOTAL: $3
There were 3 young ladies running this sale, I chatted a bit and then asked for games. The one girl said she had a N64 with some games and went inside to get them. She came out and showed me a bag with the stuff. I CIF'd $3 and she said is that all? i told her I find this stuff dirt cheap all the time and people just have them sitting around collecting dust cause they do'nt play them anymore. She took my 3 bucks but she looked like she was gonna start crying. i felt a little bad and said you do'nt have to take my money. She said that that was'nt it, it was just that she loved that N64 back in the day, but she knew that she was'nt ever going to play it anymore. It was a really weird transaction

1001412rb0.jpg

Hitman 2 - PS2 mint - $2
FFVII Advent Rising DVD - $1
X-men spiderman - Genesis complete - $1
All independent sales and nothing to really talk about

Playing catch-up today...

2 weeks ago:

Rainy days make for crappy saling.

Last week:

We saw tons of stuff this week, most of which was unfortunately overpriced. We barely walked away with what we did, but some persistent haggling made sure that we didn't go home empty handed.

This week:

Tons of sales this week, but an unusual lack of game stuff. We hit a couple of strange sales, including one that forced visitors to remove their shoes (some of which almost got sold!) We also analyze the "kid prices" phenomenon, which was in full abundance today.

I've actually been lucky with kids for the most part.
Many times they take the offer just to have the cash.
But more times than not they always start off asking way too much

[quote name='snotknocker']snatch the pebble from my hand - grasshopper[/quote]

How in any way does that relate to my post?

I bought a genesis with all hookups, 2 controllers and some games, 4 out of 5 are sports games. I paid $2 for the lot and everything works perfectly now! (I had to clean the controllers and resolder the power input on the system)

[quote name='snotknocker']I've actually been lucky with kids for the most part.
Many times they take the offer just to have the cash.
But more times than not they always start off asking way too much[/quote]

I've seen some kids that were VERY shrewd negotiators -- it's like they told their mom to read them "The Art of the Deal" after watching Power Rangers and Spongebob Squarepants.

I had some good luck yesterday and none today. Yesterday I visited a nicer neighborhood and came back with some nice stuff. I don't find as much stuff as some of the other people in this thread, but I usually compensate with a few quality finds.

$5 Gamecube
$5 for the snes arcade sticks
$1 for Maniac Mansion
$2 for the PS2 game

The gamecube was on my second house I visited. It was marked at $10. I talked the lady down to $5 since there a plastic piece stuck in the av port. It was part of a connector that must have been snapped off. I was able to get it out and there didn't appear to be any damage.

I didn't need it, but I wanted to have a black gamecube instead of the purple one I picked up from a sale last year. It sealed the deal when I saw it had the digital out port, which means I can use my component cables. It also had that crash game inside. I might keep one of the gamecubes as a spare or I might try to find someone who would be interested in trading an old style DS for my other gamecube.

A few house down I found the arcade sticks. I saw it and took a look inside. I surprised with 2 of the sticks. I did try to see if they'd go down. They wouldn't but I still got it since that was a good deal.

Maniac Mansion was a few house down. He said he wanted $1 for it and I didn't try to go lower. It was complete.

The last game I found in a neighborhood down the road. I'm not sure if it is any good, but I can atleast use it for trade fodder.

I stopped at one sale today and found a Colecovision complete with 8 games and the big old Super Action Controllers (for Baseball).

She said $10 and pulled together $6 (5 singles and 4 quarters) and she said OK.

[quote name='erehwon']

I picked up Maniac Mansion earlier this summer, for the same, a buck. To my surprise it was complete, and to a bigger surprise, complet copies sell on Ebay for over $100. Nice finds.

I have had a pretty good couple of weeks. Not alot of $1 deals, but good to me nonetheless. Gonna be prettty long so bear with me.

Last weekend:

NES System 2 Controllers & Hookups
Pinball
Mike Tyson's Punchout
Roller Games
Days of Thunder
Major League Baseball
Metroid
Super Mario Brothers 2
Toki
GI Joe-The Atlantis Factor
Joe & Mac
RoboCop 2
-Terminator 2
Metal Gear
Dr. Mario
Joust
Burger Time
Rad Racer
Spyhunter
Magmax
Super Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt
Adventures of Link
American Gladiators
Adventure Island
Adventure Island II
Adventures in the Magic Kingdom
Super C
&
Madden 07 XBOX 360
$15

PS1 System One Controller & Hookups
NCAA Football
Driver
Driver 2
Gran Turismo
Opened it up and found Cabela's Big Game Hunter
$5

PS2 Games
GTA III
GTA VC
Burnout 3
Dog's Life
$12

N64 Hookups Only
$5

This Weekend (One Neighborhood Sale)

PS2 Phat & Hookups
Opened it up and it had SOCOM Navy Seals
$10

Wii
Mario Party 8
GC
Mario Party 6 (In a Mario Party 5 case)
GBA
Mario Pinball Land x3
Yoshi's Island x2
Pokemon Emerald x2
Pokemon Fire Red
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team
Pokemon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire
Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
NDS
Pokemon Dungeon Blue Rescue Team
$60 (Probably overpaid, but figured that I could Ebay MP6 & GBA/DS games and still come out even or a little ahead on the MP8)

Got too excited about the MP8 and didn't check it out. Opened it up, big scratches. Took it to Game Crazy for a buffing and it came out clean, plays fine. While I was there, a lady was trading in a ton of GC games and I told her that if they didn't take anything that I might be interested. They took all of her games, but did not have the Mario Party microphone she wanted to trade in the system. Saw that they had one for sale for $9.99, offered her $3 and she took it

Pics if anyone is interested.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54735563@N00/1461459048/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54735563@N00/1460596289/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54735563@N00/1460595841/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54735563@N00/1461457568/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54735563@N00/1460594797/

Finally have some decent finds to talk about. So here we go.

No big story here. I went to one of the thrift stores while I was out and about one day and picked this up for $1.00. It was:

Tell Me Why 1

$1.00 for a CD-i game. Not bad.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/1464214344/

My freind and I were on our way to a game store after I got done yard sailing. We stopped along the way though at what we THOUGHT was a yard sale. As we walked up a man came out and greeted us. He then proceeded to tell us that he was not have a garage sale but just cleaning out his garage. But then he said that if we interested in anything let him knwo and would not mind making a deal on it. I spotted a Guitar Hero 2 box sticking up out of another box and asked about it. It turns out that his sone has the game but didn't want to keep the box. He told me I could have it if I wanted is, so I took it. Now if I can only find a copy of the game too, I'd be in business.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/1464213270/

I went to this yard sale and almost didn't see this one. I walked over and thried to haggle down from the $5.00 mark but was unable to. I ended up get this this though since it did come with Space Invaders.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/1464213652/

Another decent score today. I walked up to this yard sale and saw this item. I debated on it for about 3 minutes and finally decided to try and get it. It was markes $20 so I reached in my pocket and started out by CIFing $10. After some hesitation, she took the $10. Not a bad deal for a 10 MP3 CD Changer

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/1464212934/

Well I went to a game store out of town that I have been frequenting and traded in a broke Xbox (which is an earlier find in this set), a couple N64 AC adapters, a Super Game Boy, and Game Boy Game Genie. I milled around for a while and noticed a TON of magazines in the corner. I started looking through them and then picked out all the nintendo power magazines. Probably about 40.The manager came and tols me that they would trade me straight across. I went for it. Some of the magazines had the Super Power Club Cards in them as well as some SMRPG player cards. I also picked up a Gamecube extention cable for $6.00 as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/1463357501/

Some good finds this week but just missed on two huge scores, (an NES and SNES with 40 games for 10$ and a GCN with 40 games)

PS2 Games Complete
Sly Cooper
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Dr. Muto
Orphen
Spongebob Revenge of the Dutchmen
SSX Tricky
Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped
$12

2 Mario Power Tennis Inflatable Hammers
Descent in Long Box Complete and Mint
FREE

2 Sega McDonalds Mini Games
Small Yoshi Figure
Pokemon Pikachu Mini Gameboy
1.5" Mario Figure
Erazer Guncon (I think for XB and PS2)
$1.50

2 N64 Transfer Packs
1 N64 Mic with Receiver
3rd Party Memory Card
GBA Link cable
$1.25

Tecmo Bowl NES
Bases Loaded NES
$1

QBert Board Game 1983
$1

2 Foot tall Plush Mario
Knuckles Beanie
Mario Statue stomping Goomba on a red stand 1988
$1.25

South Park: Luv Shack Dreamcast
Bomberman Party Edition PS1
Lego Star Wars II XBOX
Glover 64
Lego Racers 64
Zelda OOT with Manual
2 PS1 Dance Pads
2 GBA SP Chargers
$8.75

All Complete and Totally Mint
Tekken 3
Legend of Mana
Resident Evil Director's Cut
5$

Bah! Excellent yuppy neighborhood sale today that I did not remember until 11 a.m.!
Damn, damn damn....

Managed Halo 2 Collectors minty with manual - $5

My area sucks for garage sales.

Wait, this area sucks in general.

The best score I've had so far has been an Atari Jaguar for $5, with an RF hookup + 3 games and two paddles. Turns out the system didn't work.. Ugh. :/

I want to come to where all these other good ones are going on! Unfortunately, it's snowing this weekend, and around here, that ends the garage sale season..:cry:

Got back from several sales in a few subdivisions and got:

DT Racer (PS2)
Blitz The League (PS2)
Arena Football (PS2) - All for $10

Tetris Plus (PS1)
Spyro The Dragon (PS1)
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (PS1) - All for $8

Ridge Racer (PS1)
Croc (PS1) - $1 each

Namco Museum Vol. 1 (PS1)
Spyro: Ripto's Rage (PS1) - $3 each

Crash Bandicoot (PS1)
Crash Bandicoot 2 (PS1)
Crash Team Racing (PS1)
Star Wars Rebel Assault II (PS1)
Crash Bandicoot Warped (PS1)
Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit (PS1)
007 The World Is Not Enough (N64)
Star Wars Rebel Squadron (N64) - All For $10

Nothing great today. Went to like 6 yard sales and only found some PS2 games at the last one. There were a lot of sports games but managed to pick up:
GTA: Liberty City Stories
Black
Jak & Daxter
All in good shape and complete for $10.

Not the greatest deal, but not bad I guess.

Next time you go yard saling, Troz, always ask for games. You'd be surprised how many people have games they want to get rid of but don't put them out.

I stayed home this weekend. There weren't many neighborhood sales in my area and none of the individual sales looked all that interesting. The only interesting sale in the paper listed an xbox360, but I'm not if I would trust one from a garage sale unless I could get it for very cheap.

This is partly a good thing since I need to save some money for the holiday season.

I also did the whole yard sale thing today, and after hitting about 5 individuals and 4 REALLY HUGE community sales all I got was:

Total Annihilation and TA: The Core Contingency for $1

I guess next time I"ll ask about other videogames, but it would be pretty annoying to have to ask everyone. Is there any to tell just by looking if they might have some games?

There's really no way to tell. But if it's some old lady running the sale, chances are they won't have games. You just have to be lucky.

Has anyone else had experiences with really rude people running yard sales?

For example, today I dropped by a sale and asked for games. There were no other people there browsing, and there was tons of stuff left (it was around 1:00). The five or so people running it were sitting in the garage; and one of them said they had a couple of NES games in the house (Zelda, Dr. Mario and Wheel of Fortune). I asked how much he wanted; he said $5 and I offered $2; he came back with three.

As soon as he went into the house, I overheard some of the others running the sale mention they'd be "embarassed" to make an offer or haggle at a yard sale...so I told them to forget it, at which they exclaimed "What?!" and I left.

Anyone else run into similar pricks?

I did find Tak for GBA ($1), Metroid Prime/Fusion and Rogue Squadron 3 guides ($1), seven DC and PSX games (including Powerstone 2, Digimon World 2, and Sonic Adventure, for $7), a Genesis with a couple of games (including Alex Kidd, $5), two N64 controllers and a PSU ($2). I also got both Jak and Daxter games, complete, for my girlfriend ($7).

Someone just called me and said they found five Genesis games with boxes; $2 for all of them. =)

[quote name='Trikip']There's really no way to tell. But if it's some old lady running the sale, chances are they won't have games. You just have to be lucky.[/quote]

Actually, the call I just got was from some old lady who was running a sale. ;D You really never know; so always ask.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']I did find Tak for GBA ($1), Metroid Prime/Fusion and Rogue Squadron 3 guides ($1), seven DC and PSX games (including Powerstone 2, Digimon World 2, and Sonic Adventure, for $7), a Genesis with a couple of games (including Alex Kidd, $5), two N64 controllers and a PSU ($2). I also got both Jak and Daxter games, complete, for my girlfriend ($7).[/quote]
I'd give a nut for Powerstone 2, especially at that price. Lucky bastard! :applause:

[quote name='Trikip']There's really no way to tell. But if it's some old lady running the sale, chances are they won't have games. You just have to be lucky.[/quote]

Didn't someone find Twilight Princess for GC at an old lady's yard sale?

[quote name='jaysapathy']I'd give a nut for Powerstone 2, especially at that price. Lucky bastard! :applause:[/quote]

Its actually the third copy to pass through my hands ;D The first was a disc-only from GC during the original 3 for $10 Classic Plastic, then I replaced it with a complete, minty copy from a thrift shop for about $3 in August. This one is up for grabs if anyone wants to trade it; otherwise its going up on Amazon.

[quote name='IkilledLassic'][quote name='erehwon']

I picked up Maniac Mansion earlier this summer, for the same, a buck. To my surprise it was complete, and to a bigger surprise, complet copies sell on Ebay for over $100. Nice finds.[/QUOTE]

The sequel "Day of the Tentacle" is also hot . . . I found out about 2 years ago when I was clearing stuff out of the basement . . . I sold Tentacle for $80 (complete) . . . I had paid $5 at CompUSA. Wish I could go back in time and make myself buy all 10 copies they had sitting there to just store them away and sell them now for $200 :)

[quote name='schultzed'][quote name='IkilledLassic']

The sequel "Day of the Tentacle" is also hot . . . I found out about 2 years ago when I was clearing stuff out of the basement . . . I sold Tentacle for $80 (complete) . . . I had paid $5 at CompUSA. Wish I could go back in time and make myself buy all 10 copies they had sitting there to just store them away and sell them now for $200 :)[/QUOTE]

I've found several of these games from garage sales. I got all boxed:
Day of the Tentacle
Maniac mansion
Sam & Max
The Dig
Full Throttle

Those are all boxed, but I'm not sure if they are all complete. I think most of them are. I also got a loose copy of Grim Fandango. Grim cost me the most since I found it at EB. The rest cost me about $1 each. The Dig cost me $2 since it also had the strategy guide with it.

I think I still need to find a Indiana Jones adventure game and the monkey island games. To be honest, I haven't played any of these yet. I've been busy with console stuff and I am only now getting back to pc games. I'm not going to be selling any of these. I could make some money, but I like having interesting games in my collection. I do wonder how much I could make from the complete FFVII (PC triangle box version) I found a few weeks ago? I already have the ps1 version and a loose PC version.

It was a pretty good saturday. I got an original Colecovsion with some kind of expansion pack and several games for $1. I got season 5 of Alias brand new for $4 and just missed out on season 3 of Grey's Anatomy for $6. Finished off with an N64 system, Goldeneye, and DK 64 for $3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back