Official 2008 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='Mirpkered']If you don't mind me answering your question as well, I mostly ebay my dupes that I find. Last year I came across 4 FF7s and for the most expensive one paid $15 for it complete. I also came across a disc only copy of Valkyrie Profile fo $5. Most recently I game across a HUGE pile of RPGs at a pawn shop. I paid $75 but got some stellar titles. It's just a matter of persistance.

I have yet to trade with any CAG yet as I am using the money from ebay to help fund a trip to Belgium and also to finish my NES library (only about 100 titles to go...)

On one other side note, I actually asked Snotknocker if I could hang out with him last year too but have yet to leave Missouri to even attempt it. I'd love to though as he gets some amazing deal and has a higher population probably to buy from than rural Missouri (mainly referring to the X'Eye from earlier this year...)[/quote]

Being in a populatetd area helps, but even in a populated area one town will be a gold mine and another total bust. Knowing your territory is very important.

[quote name='darkslime']Bookman's is one of the best video game stores out there, even though they're freakishly overpriced. You can get the credit for almost free, since they give it out at so many festivals, and I offer to clean out family member's book shelves with Bookman's trades. This week, my cousin and I cleaned out my Grandma's shelf, and have took the books in seven times in the past week. Each time, a different person checks it, and they'll take different books. We have gotten $300 credit total. And after the seventh time, we took it to this bookstore right next to bookman's. They bought $40 more worth of books, and we looked on the board that said what books bookman's wants, bought them there, and sold them to them. lol[/quote]

If I remember correctly my friend brought a few books that bookmans didnt want, but they still gave her $3 credit for the effort and she kept the books. They are high priced, but they are also universally priced on some items like comics. All comics are .50, but I found VF+/NM- Jack Kirby Captain America comics for .50 each, which is a great price, but for a 90's image book not so much.

Is bookmans a chian? we have a local Boos/Gamestore but trade value is set on two seperate lists, book/MTG credit can't be transfered to game credt, but game credit can be used towards Books/MTG credit.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Is bookmans a chian? we have a local Boos/Gamestore but trade value is set on two seperate lists, book/MTG credit can't be transfered to game credt, but game credit can be used towards Books/MTG credit.[/quote]

It is a small chain with 6 locations in AZ. Here is their website: http://www.bookmans.com/

I believe they have two types of credit A and B. They give you playing cards to turn in for credit. The system sounds similar to the one you described.

[quote name='snotknocker']If your ever in NJ let me know. I'd love to take you out on a Saturday morning and nullify your skepticism, teach you some tricks and help to cheaply build your game collection.[/quote]

I bow down to you and Moeity/Evilmax...

:bow::bow::bow:

[quote name='slowdive21']It is a small chain with 6 locations in AZ. Here is their website: http://www.bookmans.com/

I believe they have two types of credit A and B. They give you playing cards to turn in for credit. The system sounds similar to the one you described.[/quote] Now they have only A credit, so you can trade in books to get videogames. ^_^

Went to a moving sell and saw a box of gamecube stuff marked for $200. Picked out four games and asked for a price. Asking price was $10 a game, CIFed $20 for the four games. Found out today I ended up with 2 free games in the Wind Waker case.

Resident Evil (complete)
LoZ: Wind Waker (complete)
LoZ: Collectors (complete)
LoZ: Master Quest (complete)
LoZ: Twilight Princess (CD)
LoZ: Four Swords (CD)

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm62/runace/DSC04243.jpg

Looking back I should of picked up a controller too since they had more then 6 in the box, but I saw the games and just got out quick.

I've found one of the best deals at yard sales is CD's. With people switching over to digital music, lots of people are getting rid of their old CD's. You can buy a lot of CD's for $0.25-$0.50 a piece and swap them out at FYE/Suncoast and build up some massive credit that way. During the last Geneon B1G1 deal I was able to get a Samurai Champloo boxset and Paranoia Agent boxset + about $50 extra credit for $20 worth of CD's I purchased at a yard sale.

Well yesterday on the way to work I hit a random yard sale and scored for the first time on videogames:

Stopped and saw some old sports titles and crusty controllers for Xbox and asked if they had any other videogame stuff.. So the lady went in to ask her son and he came out with some PS2 games...

Onimusha
Onimusha 2
Onimusha 3
Chaos Legion
Project Snowblind

"All have a little bit of scratches but nothing major and all are otherwise complete with case,insert, and manual.

$10 for all :bouncy:

[quote name='nickmad']whats the best place to start looking for yard sales? do you hit craigslist or local newspapers?[/quote]

I would say both seeing some people will not pay for an ad so they go craigslist and of course people who will go for local paper.

Some people do not post anywhere and thats when you follow those random rummage signs..

[quote name='Derrick1979']I would say both seeing some people will not pay for an ad so they go craigslist and of course people who will go for local paper.

Some people do not post anywhere and thats when you follow those random rummage signs..[/quote]

Just look for dates on the signs as alot of people never take them down and you might be following a month old sign

Well the city I live around seems to enforce the "no hanging signs on anything" policy so the police will actually drive over and bring the sign they find and tell you to take down the rest because your supposed to advertise it in the paper,etc. Im not sure if it is actually a law here or bored police. But it has happened to my parents and a neighbor last summer when they had thier usual rummage.

[quote name='thack']I've found one of the best deals at yard sales is CD's. With people switching over to digital music, lots of people are getting rid of their old CD's. You can buy a lot of CD's for $0.25-$0.50 a piece and swap them out at FYE/Suncoast and build up some massive credit that way. During the last Geneon B1G1 deal I was able to get a Samurai Champloo boxset and Paranoia Agent boxset + about $50 extra credit for $20 worth of CD's I purchased at a yard sale.[/quote]

Does that work well at thrift stores too? I've never really looked at the selection of CDs at them. I'm interesting in getting credit at FYE. :D

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']So let me get this straight. You pilfered your Grandmother's book shelve, which definitely has sentimental value with apparently no second thought.

Bravo young man. Bravo.[/quote]
So let me get this straight. This is the liar calling out the thief.

[quote name='cranguy']So let me get this straight. This is the liar calling out the thief.[/quote] I didn't take her books. I helped her move them all because she was putting in new carpet. My dad was trying to convince her to get rid of all her stuff for a long time, because she hoards stuff. She finally decided to get rid some of her over 1000 books, and gave me and my cousin about 5 boxes.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Well the city I live around seems to enforce the "no hanging signs on anything" policy so the police will actually drive over and bring the sign they find and tell you to take down the rest because your supposed to advertise it in the paper,etc. Im not sure if it is actually a law here or bored police. But it has happened to my parents and a neighbor last summer when they had thier usual rummage.[/QUOTE]

Wow. That sucks. Some of my best finds are unlisted sales. And even listed ones, I love having good signs to lead the way even with a gps just because some of them are in tangled confusing neighborhoods. Following the signs are one of my favorite parts of yard sales.
Once, last year, We saw signs on a major road and decided to follow it. Everytime we were about to give up, there was another sign. This literally went on for about 8 minutes and 6-7 miles. Finally, my friend, the driver, infuriated, says if the next sign doesn't say anything different (keep going straight it always instructed) he was turning around. We drive for another minute before finally seeing the sign, telling us to turn left into a small neighborhood. We find two old ladies at the sale selling some old lady jewelry and clothing. I laughed the 12 minute ride back. Ahh. great times.

Update: Recap: After going to the best yardsale of my life this past saturday, I arrived home and realized the guitar hero controller was missing its receiver and didn't work. I took it back and asked if they could find the receiver. The dad wasn't there, but his wife got it and gave it to me. On my way leaving, I asked if she had any ps2 games to sell, and she said to hold on. I gave her my # and she asked if I had a ps2. I said I broke it modding it so she gave me one in pristine condition minus wires. It works great.

Update: So far, I haven't been able to return the receiver, because the one she gave me is for a logitech wireless ps2 controller! Doesn't really matter cause I bought two controllers over the weekend anyway with gh2+3.

I took pics of the comics just to give you some scale of the enormity of it. 15 boxes chock full of comics, sorted by issue # and title. The boxes are even sorted alphabetically, with avengers beginning and so on. All are major names published by either DC or Marvel.

If anyone's interested in trading or buying any, I will be fine with it after I read them. :)

hpim0709oi6.jpg

hpim0710wj6.jpg

hpim0711yd5.jpg

Nice haul! 15 longboxes. Even if they are 'crap books' (I am not saying they are), you can easily sell them for profit at that price. There are probably a few gems in there too!

[quote name='slowdive21']Nice haul! 15 longboxes. Even if they are 'crap books' (I am not saying they are), you can easily sell them for profit at that price. There are probably a few gems in there too![/QUOTE]

That's the best part. None of them are crap boxes. I've been collecting for 12 years and I knew literally all the comic titles in there!

[quote name='Derrick1979']Well the city I live around seems to enforce the "no hanging signs on anything" policy so the police will actually drive over and bring the sign they find and tell you to take down the rest because your supposed to advertise it in the paper,etc. Im not sure if it is actually a law here or bored police. But it has happened to my parents and a neighbor last summer when they had thier usual rummage.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like my town

1) Your only allowed to have 2 yardsales a year and you have to get a permit to have one

2) Your only allowed to have signs up for your yardsale on your property

Derrick1979 I'm guessing it's a law as I'm pretty sure that you can get fined for it around here but I'd imagine that the first time you'd most likely get a warning.

Looking in the paper I haven't seen a lot of sales in my town. I just checked and out of 52 listed today only 1 or 2 of them are actually in my town the rest in surrounding areas. I'm starting to think that since it's been like this for a year or two now that some people will decided on not having a yardsale around here with all of the strict rules.

i do a combination of a local radio website that lists yard sales/ the paper/ and driving around for signs..

even at best though.. in the summer there are generally only around 8-12 sales going on any given week. so usually i average 1 maybe 2 V-game related items a day.. but others its like when it rains it pours.

this will be the first actual week I can go out yard saling (being so busy the last few weeks i finally have time to go)

i couldn't find the direct quote relating to music cds but here it goes..

those things IMO would be incredibly hard to flip at an FYE or music store.. unless you get like say 200 for 5 bucks or something.. unless you have some that people actually want.. (and like everyone else is switching over to digital distribution..the price of used CDs goes down and the price they take goes way down).. i mean most people selling these at yard sales probably just have stupid crap nobody wants in the first place (country, boy band pop) so IMO it probably isn't worth your time.

Vinyls on the other hand.. are easier to find, and if you have popular artists you can get better prices off of ebay..

of the two towns i live between on ehas the no hanging on poles rule, and one dosent....the no hanging on poles town has the worst garage sales ever, the other town has amazing sales, like finding multiple $5 NES/N64/SNES's a week good!!

Hopefully, the long promised CAG 2.0 blog feature will allow me to not bother those who don't like stories with their postings. Skip to the end of the post for a picture link if you don't like backstory.

Was walking through my neighborhood yesterday afternoon and noticed what might have been either preparation for a yard sale or garage clean out. I walked up to the owner and asked if he was having a yard sale and he said yeah. I noticed that he had an empty XBox 360 box out front so I figured that there was a gamer in the house. Good sight.

I asked him if he had any video games or systems he was going to sell. He told me that he had some Playstation games, but would have to pull them out of the closet and he couldn't do it until today sometime. Knowing that I would be at work, I knew that if he had anything good it would be gone by the time I got back from work today. He seemed wise to this and told me that he would hold everything for me until this afternoon. He said if I didn't want them, he knew that they would sell Friday or Saturday.

Pulled into the driveway this afternoon and his daughter immediately pulled out a box full of PS1 games. I asked her how much was her dad asking for them and she said $60. I didn't have that much so I offered $45 (sorry Snotknocker, couldn't offer $2, don't have big enough balls).

Now I am no expert at old PS1 games, but I think I did pretty good. Here is what I picked up:

RPG Maker (Big Previously Played Blockbuster case)
Apocalypse (Blockbuster)
Dino Crisis (Blockbuster)
Danger Girl (Blockbuster)
CTR Crash Team Racing (Blockbuster)
Gex (Full Size PS Case)
The Lost World Jurassic Park
Ten Pen Alley
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Asteroids
The Mummy
The Simpsons Wrestling
Monsters, Inc. Scream Team
Looney Tunes Sheep Raider
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver
Machine Head
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Croc Legend of the Gobbos
Tomb Raider
Dark Stone
NFL Gameday2001
Die Hard Trilogy 2 Viva Las Vegas
Gex entr the Gecko
Mission: Impossible
Mort the Chicken
Spyro the Dragon
The Next Tetris
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (GH)
Air Combat (GH)
Crash Bandicoot (GH)
Doom (GH)
Syphon Filter 2
Caesar's Palace 2000
The X Files
Parasite Eve
5 Memory Cards

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54735563@N00/2440422670/

$45

Not too, bad. Should be able to double up what I paid for them.

Good luck this weekend everyone. No garage sales for me this weekend, running/walking a half marathon.

^ Not bad, nothing rare, but worth it. I would have tried to get afew of them for $2 a piece instead of byign the whole lot for $45, but that's because I have multiple copys of some of them. I looked at soem sales today and found nothing, bu ti have about $200 in my pocket for the city-wide sales tomorrow!!

There are two block sales and a ton of multi-family yard sales tomorrow. I'm going to get to bed soon, get up extra early and play BioShock until 8:30, then hit the gas station and ATM and be at the first one fo its 9 AM start.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']There are two block sales and a ton of multi-family yard sales tomorrow. I'm going to get to bed soon, get up extra early and play BioShock until 8:30, then hit the gas station and ATM and be at the first one fo its 9 AM start.[/quote]
Bioshock FTW!

I'm curious, what time do all of you start out in the morning? I usually try to get going at about 7:00.

Went to a few yard sales this morning, found nothing but old PC games (albeit good ones).

The 7th Guest - $2
King's Quest: Mask of Eternity - $1
Might & Magic IX - $1

[quote name='willc23']6:00 if I want to get coffee, 6:30 at best. If I go out after 7:00, I feel that the best game deals pass me by.[/QUOTE]

YES, this is how I feel. My lazy fuckin BF can't wake up unless he HAS to (like for work). It's 9:30 and we still didn't fuckin leave yet!!

I went to maybe 20 sales this morning. The first five or so had nothing. Then I started having better luck. Here's what I got:

Purple Game Boy Color with Batman Beyond - $1.50
Lego Star Wars for GC(Complete) - $5
Suikoden III for PS2(Complete) - $5
Skullmonkeys for PS1(Complete) - $3

My biggest find was a SNES with 2 controllers and 10 games. Among them were Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country and Battletoads in Battlemaniacs.

I paid $20 for this, which was a little high for me. But everything is in excellent condition and I mainly bought it for Yoshi's Island and the controllers. After I sell the system and the other games, I figure I'll come out a bit ahead. Skullmonkeys should also make a profit.

Unfortunatly the sales this weekend were not as stellar as my last couple outings but did manage to score some decent items...

While visiting my normal pawn shops, I noticed that some new DVD box sets had arrived. I was even more suprised when one of them happened to be the Naruto Uncut Box Set Volume 4. This was a plesant surprise as I really like the show. I walked in and noticed it was marked $12 with all the disks. However there was also a sign that said all collections were $8. I ended giving $8 for it and it is well worth it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2443212092/

While at this sale I noticed that there were no games, so I did what any respectable gamer would... Ask. After thinking for a second, the man at the sale said he had some Game Boy games he didn't want anymore. He went into the house and dug around for a couple minutes and then came back with a stack of games.

Pac-Man Collection (GBA Complete)
Konami Collector Series Arcade Advanced (GBA Complete)
Baseball Advance (GBA cart only)
Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits (GBA cart only)
Super Mario Advance (GBA cart only)
Super Mario Land (GB cart only)
Super Mario Land 2 (GB cart only)
Street Fighter 2 (GB cart only)
The Flintstones: Burgertime in Bedrock (GBC cart only)
Namco Museum (GBA Manual only)

After looking at the selections, I was going to cherry-pick a couple out but then asked what he would take for the set but he didn't know. I offered $10 and the he hastily accepted. Not a bad deal for these after all but I possibly could have got them for less...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2443211938/

This was a sale that had a whole bunch of nothing unfortunately. I was just fortunate enough to find the following books in hardback format:

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

I ended up paying a whopping $0.75 for all these which was a plesent deal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2442383809/

Well, thanks to having to rely entirely on my parents to drive, I was able to hit a whopping 2 yard sales. Hah. My main issue was not having ANY singles, so I couldn't CIF. :/

But I did get some decent finds.

First sale I went to had a crap load of Star Wars/Trek items, but I had no clue what they were worth so I had to pass. :/ But I did snag this Zapper NES game for $0.75.

Pics:

collection004.jpg

Next sale I went to was a multi-family one. I saw a Dreamcast sitting there and bolted over. She wanted $30, I offered $15, and she countered $20 and I bit. It came with 3 controllers and 13 games that were in nice condition and complete (except for that baseball game). Not an amazing deal for $20, but I should be able to double that (not to mention I actually did want to try out a Dreamcast).

Picture:

collection003.jpg

I just dropped $142.50 at sales today, i will post pics and titles in a bit. the reason i spent so much was because one GS was run by a collector and i spent $112 there.

Went out for the first time this year. There weren't as many GS as I had hoped, but still some interspersed. Here's my take for the day:

First sale was pretty much cleaned out. They had an old discolored NES missing its door on the table. I picked it up and they told me to just take it! Unfortunately someone already grabbed all the games. Even still, free NES.

Second had a Dreamcast. I asked how much (still working on the CIF part) and he said $5. I countered with $2, and we met at $3. No games or controllers but still not bad IMO.

Non game related, I got a golf bag cart and a shiatsu massager. That was kinda funny, cuz I offered $5 for both (massager had $4, golf cart $3) and the older guy had to check with his wife on it. She would NOT NOT NOT come down on the massager at all. They bickered for a few minutes while I just sat there. Finally he said "go ahead $5 is good" to which I thought she was gonna freak out! "I'm NOT taking less than $4!!!" "I know, I'll just take $1 for my cart" So, got both for $5. Cart's in decent shape, I actually got it for my friend since I already have one.

[quote name='Sinnbox']I just dropped $142.50 at sales today, i will post pics and titles in a bit. the reason i spent so much was because one GS was run by a collector and i spent $112 there.[/quote]

My digital camera's batteries are out so i will ahve to post pics later.

The first few sales i went to had no games or games that were priced way to high, and no one would respond to a CIF.

I went to afew sales where someone was buying all the games there as i got there. at oen sale a guy was purchasing CIB copys of Castlevania 4, Mortal Kombat 3, and 3 other SNES games that i didnt see the title's on, I asked if there were anymore and he said no, but the lady running the sale is from my church and said that she had alot more inside that she will talk to me about later!! :)

I spent $36.50 at the majority of the sales

$1.00 2 wireless PS2 controllers( .50 apiece)
$2.00 (Gamecube)Frogger Beyond
$2.00 SNES with Yoshi's Island
$5.00 (Gamecube)LOTZ: Twilight Princess(at a stop at the pawnshop)
$1.50 Gold Gameboy Pocket with Vegas Stakes
$1.00 (PS1) Great Valley Racing Adventure
$4.00 (X360) Call of Duty 2
$4.00 (X360) Controller
$2.00 (DVD) Scary Movie 4
$2.00 (DVD) Serpico
$2.00 (DVD) Unleashed
$2.00 (DVD) Friday Night Lights
$2.00 (DVD) Ernest in the Army
$2.00 (PS2) Herdy Gerdy
$2.00 (PS2) The Hobbit
$2.00 (PS2) The Lord of the Rings ~ FOTR~

The sale where i hit the mother lode but spent aton of money was crazy, I pulled up and hollered otu my car window "do you have any videogames?" the lady said yes so I went up and looked, they had a ton of games all marked at or above market price!! I CIF'd $100 for all of them, but the guy said no, I dug around in my wallet and offered $120, the guy siad no, so i dug through the games and pulled otu all the N64 games because they were all over priced and again CIF'd $100 the guy said $120 and i said no, he then made a offer of $110 and i bit. we threw everrythign into abox but he moved some stuff ad said it wasnt included. So i mised out on a lot of controllers and hardware, I also got some old comics from him for $2.00.

here is what i got:

(NES) SuperVision Megacom 76 in one!!!!
Honney Bee (Famicom to NES converter)!!!!!
(NES) Deathrace anyone know anything about this? looks like a pirate cart

Silver Gameboy Pocket
White GBA

(XBOX)Madden 08 traded in at the gamestore on the way home.
(GC) UFC throwdown
(GC) Bad Boys: Miami Takedown
(GB) Final Fantasy Adventure
(GB) Final Fantasy Legend II
(GB) Mickey's Dangerous Chase(CIB)
(GBC) Turok
(GBC) Paperboy
(GBC) Driver
(GBA) TLOZ: Four Swords
(SNES) Supe rMario World
(SNES) Brain Lord
(SNES) Lord of The Rings
(SNES) Illusion of Gaia
(SNES) Alien vs. Predator
(SNES) Ms. Pac-man
(SNES) Killer Instinct
(SNES) Street Fighter II
(SNES) Doomsday Warrior
(SNES) Bevis and Butthead
(SNES) Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
(SNES) Monopoly
(SNES) SMW: yoshi's Island
(SNES) Simcity
(SNES) Starfox
(SNES) Super Mario All-Stars
(SNES) NBA Jam
(PS2) Evil Dead: Regeneration
(PS2) FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus
(PS2) Suikoden Tactics(NEW/Sealed)
(PS2) Dragon Quest VIII (COMPLETE)
(PS2) Need for Speed Carbon
(PS2) UFC Throwdown
(PS2) 24 the game(NEW/SEALED)
(PS2) Evergrace
(PS2) The Getaway
(PS2) The Getaway:Black Monday
(PSX) ChronoCross(GH)
(PSX) Driver
(NES) ZELDA
(NES) Chip and Dale
(NES) Chip and Dale 2
(NES) Megaman 4
(NES) A Nightmare on Elm Street
(NES) Castlevania (2 copies)
(NES) Castlevania II(CIB)
(NES) Kid Icarus
(NES) Super Mario Brothers 3
(NES) The Bards Tale
(NES) Bart vs. The World
(NES) Gun.Smoke
(NES) Destiny of an Emperor
(NES) Felix the Cat
(NES) Castlevania III: Draculas Curse
(NES) Megaman 2
(NES) Romance of the Three Kingdoms
(NES) PirAtes
(NES) Hatris(CIB)
(NES) Tetris(CIB)
(NES) Crysalis(CIB)
(NES) RoadRunner(CIB)
(NES) Clash at Demonhead(CIB)
(NES) Legacy of the Wizard(CIB)
(NES) Fester's Quest(CIB)
(NES) The Goonies(CIB)
(NES) Snakes revenge(CIB)
(NES) Firehawk(CIB)
(NES) Lethal Weapon(CIB)
(NES) Rygar(CIB)
(NES) IKARI III the Rescue(CIB)
(GEN) Aladdin(CIB
(GEN) Spiderman Venom Maximum carnage(CIB)
(GEN) VR Troopers(CIB)
(GEN) Castlevania Bloodlines
(GEN)Shove It!!....The Warehouse game(CIB)
(GEN) Sonic The Hedgehog (NOT FOR RESELL) (CIB) (2 Copies)
(PSX) 2 memory cards

_________
I got a call from a lady that i gave my number to at a garage sale earlier and I just wnet back and picked up

(SNES) Contra III: The Alien Wars
(SNES) Space invaders
(SNES) Super Punchout
(SNES) Sunset Riderrs anyone have any info on this one?
(SNES) bubsy
(N64) Diddy Kong Racing
(N64) Wave Race
(N64) Goldeneye 007
(N64) Banjo Kazooie

for $18(I shoudl have CIF'd)

so my total for the day is

$166.50 by far my most expensive GS day ever!!

Great day for YS'ing. There were about a dozen sales in my hometown and a town 20 minutes west of me was having its city wide yard sale.

Went to the first sale advertising games and picked up 2 Bond games and a boxing game for the N64 for $2.

After a few misses I went to a sale where there were no games out. After asking the guy running the sale if he had any games, his little girl shouted that they had games inside. After going inside, I saw three boxes full of systems games and accessories. After seeing Breath of Fire II in one of the boxes, I asked the guy running the sale to shoot me an offer. He offered $50, and I countered with $40 which he accepted. As I left, another guy at the sale told me to come back in 1/2 an hour, and he would have another box of games. I asked him to hold it for me and I would be back around noon. All told I got:

- 1 SNES System w/ Hookups
- 21 SNES Games, iincluding BOF II, Mega Man X, Super Punch- Out, Nobunaga's Ambition, & Brain Lord
- 10 NES games
- 3 PSX systems w/ Hookups
- 8 PSX games mostly sports & generic stuff
- 2 Sega Genesis systems w/ Hookups
- 14 Genesis games all sports & Sonic

At another sale in my hometown I picked up a box of 100+ CD's for $50. They were mostly alternative and all in good shape. It had several good bands such as Tool, U2, DMB, & Nirvana, After a quick search on the SecondSpin website, it looks like I should be able to get $200-$250 cash for the box, or maybe a little more in FYE credit if I haul them to a store.

Unfortunately, I was skunked at the City Wide yard sale in the next town. I hit over 20 sales without any luck. It was a 2 day sale, and I ran into the familiar, "I sold some games yesterday line" several times. After coming home I stopped at the sale where I picked up the boxes of games, and bought the other box they mentioned earlier for $4. That box had:

- 10 NES & SNES games including Mario All-Stars, DKC 2, & Mario Paint w/ Mouse
- Several SNES & NES controllers including an NES Advantage

I am noticing that people are starting to sell Wii's at Garage Sales here but they all want $300 for them.

I didn't do very well yesterday. I went to a neighborhood that connects to mine, but they didn't have anything. I next went to my grandfather's neighborhood. I don't usually have much luck there and I didn't this time either. I should have went there first. Several sales were picked them clean of games early on. I did get from one sale:

Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario Kart
F-Zero
Donkey Kong Country

Those cost me $4. They had a bunch of other snes games, but some of them were scratched up pretty bad. I'll probably keep F-Zero since it's the only one of those I don't have already, but the rest I'll sell on ebay for at least $10 each. I've almost paid off my ps3.

At another sale, I picked up two books and two guides for $1. I got the Chronicles of Riddick and the Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 guides.

The next neighborhood I only manged to find the movie History of the World Part one on DVD for $1. Several of the houses there said they had lots of games and had been picked clean early on.

I think I'll try hitting some of the smaller, older neighborhoods next week.

I found Zone Of The Enders: 2nd Runner complete and mint for $4. So worth my morning.

I also got:

PS3 60 GB
Dualshock 3 x2
SixAxis x2
Call of Duty 4
Assassin's Creed
Rock Band
Grant Turismo 5 Prologue

All for $250. He was asking $400 but I CIF'd a bunch of bills totaling $250. Once he took it I got the hell out of there. I pretended that the whole wad was worth $350.

Now I'm deciding whether I should keep this stuff or sell them on eBay.

wow dude nice PS3 score..

i went to a few sales today.. 2 of the 4 were like newly wed baby type stuff .. and the other 2 were like older people with no games..

ah well.. sometimes you win sometimes you lose.. heres hoping for more next weekend.

This week I hit up a few sales on my bike. Not a bad day.
Could anyone tell me if any of these are worth anything before I dump most of them at play and trade? Most likely they're not. >.> ^_^

First sale:
I asked if they had any video games and they were like no, but we got some other electronics.
All they had was an old cracked computer monitor that was priced at $15. lol

Sale 2: I went to the gated community next to my neighborhood and this lady had:
(DVD)Transformers The Movie: Special Collector's Edition (complete, old school cartoon transformers)
(PS1)Driver 2 (Disc only, later realized it has 2 discs lol)
I CIF'd $1 and she took it.

Sale 3:
I went to this crappy trailer park because there was a sign, and had to bike literally 15 minutes uphill to find the stupid sale, but it was worth it.
It was a fundraiser sale for a little league baseball team, so I didn't bargain with them, and the price was already good. I got for $5 total:
(game gear)Deep Duck Trouble
(game gear)Alladin
(game gear)Poker Face Paul's Gin
(game gear)Poker Face Paul's Blackjack
(game gear)Taz-Mania
(game gear)The Little Mermaid
(game gear)The Lion King
(game gear)Desert SpeedTrap
(game gear)Tom And Jerry: The Movie
(game gear)Taz: Escape From Mars
(SNES)Mario Paint (No mouse. >.>)
(N64)NFL Quarterback Club 98
(N64)Madden Football 64
(N64)Madden 99
(PS1)A/V cable
(PS1)outlet cable
(PS1)R/F adaptor (sealed)
Plug 'n Play EA Sports

Sale 4:
I asked if they had any video games, and the lady said all they had was some duck hunt game, and I could have it for free. So I got for free:
(NES)Duck Hunt

Sale 5:
Large community yard sale, and it had already been cleaned out, so I got for $1:
(XBOX)Project Gotham Racing 2

Then I went to the pawn shop and got for $10:
(GC)Pikmin (Complete non PC)

GetAttachment.jpg

games.jpg

[quote name='deadlykeyboard'] I pretended that the whole wad was worth $350.[/quote]

So, you basically ripped him off. Wonderful. :applause:

I spent about $100 today; got 27 DVDs, two Blu-Rays, Season 2 of Dead Like Me, three Game & Watches, and a handful of games. It was a community yard sale so I was on foot, and ended up oversleeping and apparently missing a lot of gaming scores. The tons of great films I picked up were worth it, though -- I even got the Criterion edition of Yojimbo.

Details and pictures coming after work.

[quote name='Sinnbox']where do you guys host your pics? I need to get some pics up once i find a charger for my camera.[/quote] photobucket.com

That's an amazing haul BTW. I don't know how you guys find stuff like that. ^_^

[quote name='darkslime']photobucket.com

That's an amazing haul BTW. I don't know how you guys find stuff like that. ^_^[/quote]

LOL I only find afew hauls like that per year. I think the guy was a part owner of an old gamestore in my town that closed because the owners kept taking the good games home and no one wanted to buy the games they had for sale.

bread's done
Back