Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='Potatoeman']Alright, I got out of my last class early today, and on the way home I took a trip through a neighborhood by accident, because of a road closure. Down that road I saw some ayrd sale signs, and thought, "yard sales on a Thursday"? I dont think ive ever seen them advertised on thursdays in my town, but I was intrigued, I followed.

Im very glad I did! I had a nice find. This mom was selling her sons old dreamcast(among other things). She had 26 games, 3 controllers, some memory cards, etc. The system was priced at $50, but the games were marked $6 each. I talked her down to $3 each, since most of them have scratches on the cases, or replacement labels. I think I did pretty well anyway, considering some of the games they had!

She had a lot of imports, which is what I DIDNT buy. Here's what I did though! I had her test all the games, since some had scratches and stuff. She didnt complain, and they all worked!

1000591.jpg

So, $48 for

Grandia 2
MVC2
SF3 double impact
Skies of arcadia
Virtual On Oratorio tangram
Nightmare Creatures 2
Record of Lodoss War
Capcom Vs SNK
Seaman
Evolution 1/2
Psychic Force 2012
Gunbird 2
Sword of the Berserk Guts' Rage
Bang! Gunship Elite
Shenmue[/QUOTE]

Seaman is frickin' CREEPY! I had nightmares similar to that game when I was a kid.

[quote name='slowdive21']Rough day today. [/QUOTE]

Too bad . . . looks like Potatoeman is the big winner so far. What a great cache of Dreamcast titles!

I had to keep things short this morning because I was with my kids.

I did poor on games but I did find some nice DVDs and a big score (but not huge in value) of CDs.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Seaman is frickin' CREEPY! I had nightmares similar to that game when I was a kid.[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! I am watching seaman on youtube....

hahaha.

What's Seaman with a Mic worth nowadays? I've got them both sitting around my basement somewhere . . .

Also, my mom called me from Colorado today saying she picked up a complete Genesis with all cables and 15 games for $10 - it was her first CAGer find - I told her I was proud :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SaraAB']Someone here is advertising a sale as a "divorce sale", lol! Wonder if it has anything good.[/QUOTE]

fuck . . . I just saw an ad in my Sat. paper for a divorce sale too . . . "everything but his clothes." I figure a scorned woman might do something crazy with some old gaming stuff :)

But its a Fri. and Sat. sale. The ad wasn't in yesterday and I didn't cruise that street. Pretty much certain that anything good will be gone by the time I work it in today.

Oh well, I'll ask about games if I get to it later.

Sara . . . did you get to the sale you mentioned???

Divorce/breakup sales are the best. I think the best find I've had at one of those was a complete copy of Lunar: Silver Story Complete (which was indeed complete) for $5. This was at about 11am, and she said that she'd sold all of his other games earlier in the day for $1 each. Lunar was $5 because "that one's bigger than the others."

My advice to anyone who sees one of those sales: jump on it. Don't miss those. They're always incredible.

I went to 4 sales today before work, tired as hell. Three advertised games. The only games AT ALL that I saw today, were some Leapster, and a guitar hero wii game. And those were both at one sale.. The last sale wasnt a total bust though. I got 6 textbooks(dated around 2004/2006) for $2 each. Havent checked them online yet, but they look great condition wise.

BUT. I went to one sale advertising fisher price toys.. only because schultzed said they were potential finds.

The woman had 10 different sets, with a lot of the pieces still in tact. I bought 4 of them. She asked $12 each, I got her down to 7. If shultzed doesnt mind id request that he helps me see their value..

XBOX system
Power and AV cables
2 Xbox controllers
2600 Wico Command Control Joystick
$5.50 total
I offered $5 for the Xbox stuff and 50 cents for the joystick.

Monty Python's And Now for Something Completely Different DVD
NES Play Action Football
$1 total
I offered $1 fopr the DVD, and the game was free. I initially skipped this sale because I went to the same place a few weeks ago and they had nothing. So I learned a lesson.

Nausicaa Valley of the Wind VHS (sealed retail demo tape)
Porco Rosso VHS (sealed retail demo tape)
My Neighbour Totoro VHS (sealed retail demo tape)
75 cents total
They were asking 25 cents. Is there a chance these are worth anything?

I don't have my car so I couldn't go out to many places. Ran into the same fucken guy with a SCANNER , shit now this guy is going to be everywhere.

First off thanks to Schultzed and the others who posted about the 3D puzzles.

Here are this weekends finds:

Catherine Wheel Chrome (One of my favorite albums of all time) and curious George PS2 for $1.50

This is from the sale where the game guy cleared him out (before I got there).

Paid $3 for everything. The corkscrew is silver plated. Moments of Glory is still sealed.

Nick and Jessica, because I want to believe, they will get back together.

Paid $5 for the models. One is from 1986, 2 are still sealed. At the same sale I also got the next pic's contents.

World's Dirtiest Gameboy with 6 games. Wanted $20, paid $3.

Story: Asked about video games and
he came out with this.
He said "What do you think $20? for all of it?"

Me: "That's OK someone else may want it..."

"How about $15?"

Me: "I really only want 2 of the games."

"How about $5"

Me: "I was thinking more like $2 since I really only want 2 games."

"How about $3 for everything?"

Random Guy looking over my shoulder with Indian accent "If you do not buy it I will take it!"

Me: "$3 sounds good. Thank you!"

Millennium Falcon 3D puzzle, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 guides. Paid $5 total.

I also bought these at the same sale for $5 total.

Lego Creator Board game is complete. The 3D violin puzzle is still sealed.

I got to a sale that had just opened and offered $1 each for these.

I really need to brush up on Lego values, Board Games, and 3D puzzles, but I think pretty much each one I picked up is worth between $50-$200.

Does anyone know of a good board game price guide? Or a reference I could print out. I am just going with my gut for the most part, but it would be good if there were a top value board games list.

[quote name='slowdive21']

[/QUOTE]

That is without a doubt the nastiest Gameboy I've ever seen. Remember to get your tetanus shot before handling it with your bare hands.

Yay for Mega Man, though.

[quote name='TiKi2']OMG you got a fucken epic duels. Damn you[/QUOTE]

I have to admit, I didn't know it was worth money.

I just bought it because it was Star Wars and it was $1. It has all the figures and battle cards, but I haven't counted the playing cards yet. It looks to be complete! :bouncy:

Atari 5200 games - $3 each, nothing totally notable here. A good mix of R1,R2 and R3 rarity games.

More Atari 5200 games - $3 each. These games are what initially caught my eye. A complete in box copy of Miner 2049er (Gold Label), a loose color label Miner 2049er and...

BOUNTY BOB STRIKES BACK!
- In case you people aren't familiar with your retro games, this is the Panzer Dragoon Saga of Atari 5200 games. It used to be an R9 rarity game, but got demoted to an R8 for one reason or another. Still, it is incredibly rare and likely worth $200 - $300. Once again, I paid $3 for it. :D

Heroscape Master Set, BRAND NEW - $10

Assorted stuff, Walking Dead TPB Vol. 1 for $0.25, Suikoden IV, KH, and KHII, for $10 total (marked $5 each, but offered $10 and seller accepted). N64 Gameshark Pro Ver 3.2 - $0.50
Wireless NES Controller - $0.10

I'm really glad that all the video game buyers in my area don't know the first thing about games older than the NES (and thus, refuse to pay anything over $0.25 for each cart), otherwise there is no way in hell those Atari 5200 games would have sat there for as long as they did. I'm also really stoked about Heroscape, as I've wanted this game for a while. I might sell my new set and use the money to buy an opened one. When I bought the one I got today, I had no idea it was new. I didn't realize all the tape was still there until I starting walking away from the seller.

Last edited by a moderator:
6d9fbac4d6b94ec2ba97ba0716d53028.jpg

:xbox: Dragon's Lair 3d: Return to the Lair, Doom 3, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
3 SNES controllers (2 official, 1 high-frequency)
$10

Also, Jerry Seinfeld "I'm Telling You For The Last Time" CD $.50.

That's it. I had a feeling I wasn't gonna find much today and hey, I was right.

[quote name='TiKi2']I don't have my car so I couldn't go out to many places. Ran into the same fucken guy with a SCANNER , shit now this guy is going to be everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Scanner?

[quote name='Nico0020']Scanner?[/QUOTE]

Price scanner. Certain phones and PDAs have a UPC scanning feature/app that allows you to scan the UPC of any item and retrieve the eBay/Amazon value of said item. Scanners basically let you cheat at yard saling, however, nothing beats old fashioned knowledge and memorization. Knowing immediately that something is worth money is a lot faster than sitting there and scanning the UPC. Plus, if you find a cart/disc only game, the scanner can't check it.

Scanner? ^^^what he said.

That heroscape is some good stuff. I have 3 copies of the morrow master set. Picked them up on amazon a couple of years back cheap , amazon has a some kind of deal with hasbro where they do crazy sales around the holidays.

Anyone have any tips on winning a ebay dispute? Some bitch is lying about a mini projector I had sold here saying it doesn't work yadayadayada. After 2 weeks of her having it. The thing was basically new.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']

That's it. I had a feeling I wasn't gonna find much today and hey, I was right.[/QUOTE]

I would be happy to find SNES controllers. Those were a good deal!

Maybe we can start a yard sale guide (if there isn't one already), to help other CAGs find deals. Here are some tips.

99% of the time a sale says "games" they are talking about board games.

If you are not there 15 minutes before the sale begins, the advertised video games will probably be gone before you get there.

This is how I plan a route.
It works and you will hit more sales in less time. Forget the gps unless you really don't know where you are going. ;)

Buy a paper and highlight the sales that start that day. Then break down your neighborhood into sections you will remember.

Pick the sale you want to hit most (get there at least 15 minutes early) and then hit the rest of the sales in that area.

Move on to the next area and hit those sales.

Always hit the sales the 1st day ASAP from when they open.

You can always add craigslist listings and weave them into your route.

If your local paper is online, usually you can see the classified ads a day early to start planning your route. (Or at least pick the sale you plan to go to first).

Cross off the sales you hit.

The next day repeat and use a different color to highlight the new sales.

I know some of this stuff may be obvious, but it works. I found most of the stuff I just posted on Friday in less than 3 hours.

Today was a dump run of VHS and moldy papers to crooked flea market dealers for $6, but there were a few notable and nifty finds--not to mention there's some Wii games I may have to go back and nibble down tomorrow.

Golden Sun: The Lost Ark
Lego Knights Kingdom

$4

This is like my umpteenth score from a not-so secret community sale. Guy wanted $3 each for GBA titles (said he started at $5) so I used my "gamer's sense" to pick out the two games that weren't about snowboarding or just for little kids.

The Business of Illustration (textbook?) - 25 cents

This one isn't worth a whole lot, but a sweet pick-up nonetheless. I dabble a little with drawing and books on commercial art / typography fascinate me. Plus nothing beats the seller giving an asking price of $1-4 on kiddie books, but I explain how I found this book in a far-off box marked DO NOT WANT XD

16 Rock CDs w/ Excellent Disc condition - $9

Oh yeah, I messed up and paid a dollar more than the asking price (many of these were double-sized cases). Noteables (for me) included PJ Harvey's Dry, Beck's Odelay and Yellow Gold, The Best of the Doors, The Smashing Pumpkins Mello Collie & The Infinite Sadness, and Veruca Salt American Thighs. Lots of good traders too--the only downside to this seller was how many of his CDs were missing (I pulled out something like 15-20 cases), not to mention a lack of certain key advertised items--his entire Playstation collection for instance ;)

Next stop for Indigo is the Revisit Game; confidence is so-so
:D

[quote name='slowdive21']I would be happy to find SNES controllers. Those were a good deal!

Maybe we can start a yard sale guide (if there isn't one already), to help other CAGs find deals. Here are some tips.[/QUOTE]

I've got a few of my own to add *nod*

1. Concentration: Naturally you have a better chance of finding games for a good price at an Annual Flea Market (namely from people who aren't regular dealers) and suburban community sales (where you can ask many people about their "hidden" in-house collections) than at individual sales.

2. Master Certain Neighborhoods: Revisit the areas where you have made scores in the past and make it into your turf. Think about what demographic you make most of your purchases from. For me, I have better luck with (male) 20 to 40 somethings who have gainful employment and are just looking to clear out their house. I have much less success with the elderly or women--you can ask if you wish but chances are these types are a gateway to a husband's or son's collection (occasionally children) at best. At worst they are inflexible gatekeepers who want all the money they can get.

Something else to think about is the availability of parking in that neighborhood. Having extra curb space and places to turn around without damaging your car is far more appealing than narrow one-way streets. Being able to get in and out quickly means that you can reach more sales than your competition can--good parking will also keep your spirits up to keep looking when you hit a dry spell.

3. Be a Bottom Feeder: Never neglect the noontime or whenever your concentrated populations start closing up for free or semi-free goodies. Games that were overpriced in the morning can be much more lenient after some much-needed hours baking in the sun. CHECK CRAIGSLIST'S FREE SECTION AT THIS TIME. Remember, you can't be early for every sale (especially the ones with the 5 am psychopath who takes your boxed Earthbound) but you sure can pick which ones to be "casually late" to. Think like a buzzard and you'll soon carve out a niche no early bird can match.

@slowdive21

Completed listings for the Lego 6078 seem to range between $20-50 shipped on ebay. That sucker is right out of my childhood! :D

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']@slowdive21

Completed listings for the Lego 6078 seem to range between $20-50 shipped on ebay. That sucker is right out of my childhood! :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that one will probably go on amazon, since the cheapest is $63.00 without the box. ;)

Ok guys finally got my $20 PS2. It was marked $40 but my mom helped me talk the people into taking $20 for it if I didn't get the games that came with it. I didn't want the games anyways because they are just worthless sports games (we usually tell the people that I don't like sports games). The PS2 works perfectly and also came with a memory card and 2 genuine sony controllers. Here is a pic:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Its a bit dusty but it does work, and I don't think it was played that much because there was only a few sports games and a few saves on the memory card. The people I bought from said the person who owned it upgraded to a Wii and didn't want it anymore.

The PS2 has a DVD player too and my DVD player just bit the dust so that is just another bonus for me.

The 2 games were from another house, I paid 1$ each.

[quote name='slowdive21']Does anyone know of a good board game price guide? Or a reference I could print out. I am just going with my gut for the most part, but it would be good if there were a top value board games list.[/QUOTE]

Nice finds. A board game reference would be cool. I have to thank you Slow . . . I picked up some sets of Charmed to sell (yesterday about $3 each) but I left behind 1 and 2 because their value is low. But then later I realized that the entire series would have it's own listing. I was able to get back 2 hrs. later and get the other 2 sets ($5 for the pair). I listed all 8 for $140 and it already sold. I'll have to get to my game finds later . . . we're going to a concert tonite . . . Weird Al Yankovic.

Do you guys recommend selling Lego sets and those 3D puzzle sets on Amazon? I've run across a bunch of that stuff, but have no idea on how to price it.

[quote name='neschamp']Do you guys recommend selling Lego sets and those 3D puzzle sets on Amazon? I've run across a bunch of that stuff, but have no idea on how to price it.[/QUOTE] Be prepared to wait several months .

6x PS2 games $10 IAP 2 for $5
2 x Shitty PSX games $1 each. Missed out on the little mermaid 2 who would have thought it would be worth more than duke nukem
Resident Evil 4 collectible controller $5 IAP was $10
Electronics kit SEALED $1 can't seem to find this sucker anywhere online.
Konami comics - $2 for 15 IAP was .25 cents each
Not pictured - Official SNES and GENESIS AC adapters $1 for both.

ironman8-1.jpg

[quote name='slowdive21']Yeah, that one will probably go on amazon, since the cheapest is $63.00 without the box. ;)[/QUOTE]

Dang! (Now where are those ebay sellers who always say "Selling on amazon sux, you make less money there.")

Ultimate Fighting Stick (PS2, Xbox) - $5
F-1 World Grand Prix & WCW Backstage Assault (N64) - $1
Lego Indiana Jones 2 (NDS, Complete) - .50

The arcade stick was asking price. Asked about games and 4 N64 games were brought out I picked out the two I got with no problems with my offer of a buck for the both of them. Saw one lone DS game at a yardsale with no price and was thinking about if I should try and make an offer of 1 to 3 for it guessing that they were asking anywhere from 3-10 for it. Ended up asking about the price and the lady came up with the price of .50 out of thin air as if she came up with it on the fly.

Friday Non Find BS -
Left the house at about 8:30 and was out till shortly after noon. Got to 28 sales with 7 of them being unadvertised or piggybacking off of an advertised sale on my list.

Didn't see any video games that were priced way over the top. One house I was told that a "lady" bought all of the playstation games, another I missed a video game system that sold yesterday (Thursday) and at one house I was told that they just sold a Playstation 2 when I asked about old games.

One house I saw advertised I remembered stopping at about a month or two ago. When I asked about games my first visit the guy told me that he had some at home (lived way out, probably almost an hour away in the country) and mentioned that they were going to be selling again next week. Easy to pass by on my route as this is right in town but wasen't selling the next week or the week after that. Back to today I stopped by and didn't see anything and it was a lady selling this time around so I figured I'd ask again about old video games since this lady wasen't around last time I stopped by. I was told that they were out selling the week before and that they had some old games for sale but that her son (IIRC called) and asked for her to pull the games from the sale and not sell them and it sounded liked her and her husband (?) who just walked out as I was talking to her would love to be rid of the games unlike jr. I don't think the guy I talked to before was the son as he didn't look that much younger then her but it was funny having two different near finds (for the lack of a better term) when asking about video games at this house.

Other then that some of they typical misfires and at one house when I asked about old games I overheard the lady I asked about games ask her dad as I left "what did mom ever do with that old Nintendo?" Yes I know interesting stuff :D

4 PS1 Manuals - Free
Wario: Master of Disguise (Complete) & Action Replay DS With Disc & Manual - $5
5 SNES Games & Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (Xbox, Complete) - $4
SNES With Hookups, 2x 1st Party NES Controllers & 10 NES Games - $5
Dino Crisis 3 (Complete) - $3

Sold a Playstation and games at one sale already and 4 manuals somehow got left behind, I wasen't really interested in them but when they were going to throw them out I offered to take them. DS game was marked $5 & the Action Replay $2, offered $5 for both. Xbox games out at one house was told that they were $2 or 2 for $3, asked about older games and the guy offered to bring out some SNES games he doesn't play anymore. I offered $3 for what I got and took the counter of $4. Asked about games at one house and the guy brought out everything but the SNES system which he went back into the house and found. I offerd $3 and he countered with $7 to which I offered to meet in the midde at which he did (but some what reluctantly). Dino Crisis 3 was actually from the same house that about a month ago I got some Atari stuff and both of the Fatal Frame games on Xbox at. Last time it was $5 for any unmarked PS2, Xbox game but today it was down to $3.50. I had to go to the car and get some change but the family member selling on behalf of the owner of the games today said not to worry about it so it ended up at 3 even.

Saturday Non Find BS -
Small list for Saturday with only 16 sales on my list, got out about 8:05 and was out till shortly after 11, got to 24 sales total.

Only video games I was told about missing was a Playstation with games at the house I got the free left over manuals. For most expensive I saw a DS Lite for $50 (not cheap for a YS but not way over the top) but the games with it were $10 each and 5 out of the 6 were card only and non of them anything special. It said "all DS games $10" and the way it was worded I figured it was the price of all of them, I was gonna offer $2 for a card only Devilish if they would be willing before talking to them and finding out that was for each to which I quickly thanked them and left. Not surprising to anyone I'm sure who doesn't already know but GameStop has them beat ($10 New or $4 used if you can find it) and it probably wouldn't be hard to get a new copy on eBay for $10 shipped or less I'd imagine.

Boring day overall for non find BS only other thing not even really worth nothng is I saw a A/V cord at a sale and asked about it, .50 to which I offered .25 which was replied with a "no". Perhaps I'm an ass but something like this always gets any kind of offer taken and I was reminded of the one lady a few years back that didn't want to take anything less then asking on some new VHS tapes.

[quote name='FOnewearl']

Ultimate Fighting Stick (PS2, Xbox) - $5
F-1 World Grand Prix & WCW Backstage Assault (N64) - $1
Lego Indiana Jones 2 (NDS, Complete) - .50

The arcade stick was asking price. Asked about games and 4 N64 games were brought out I picked out the two I got with no problems with my offer of a buck for the both of them. Saw one lone DS game at a yardsale with no price and was thinking about if I should try and make an offer of 1 to 3 for it guessing that they were asking anywhere from 3-10 for it. Ended up asking about the price and the lady came up with the price of .50 out of thin air as if she came up with it on the fly.

Friday Non Find BS -
Left the house at about 8:30 and was out till shortly after noon. Got to 28 sales with 7 of them being unadvertised or piggybacking off of an advertised sale on my list.

Didn't see any video games that were priced way over the top. One house I was told that a "lady" bought all of the playstation games, another I missed a video game system that sold yesterday (Thursday) and at one house I was told that they just sold a Playstation 2 when I asked about old games.

One house I saw advertised I remembered stopping at about a month or two ago. When I asked about games my first visit the guy told me that he had some at home (lived way out, probably almost an hour away in the country) and mentioned that they were going to be selling again next week. Easy to pass by on my route as this is right in town but wasen't selling the next week or the week after that. Back to today I stopped by and didn't see anything and it was a lady selling this time around so I figured I'd ask again about old video games since this lady wasen't around last time I stopped by. I was told that they were out selling the week before and that they had some old games for sale but that her son (IIRC called) and asked for her to pull the games from the sale and not sell them and it sounded liked her and her husband (?) who just walked out as I was talking to her would love to be rid of the games unlike jr. I don't think the guy I talked to before was the son as he didn't look that much younger then her but it was funny having two different near finds (for the lack of a better term) when asking about video games at this house.

Other then that some of they typical misfires and at one house when I asked about old games I overheard the lady I asked about games ask her dad as I left "what did mom ever do with that old Nintendo?" Yes I know interesting stuff :D

4 PS1 Manuals - Free
Wario: Master of Disguise (Complete) & Action Replay DS With Disc & Manual - $5
5 SNES Games & Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (Xbox, Complete) - $4
SNES With Hookups, 2x 1st Party NES Controllers & 10 NES Games - $5
Dino Crisis 3 (Complete) - $3

Sold a Playstation and games at one sale already and 4 manuals somehow got left behind, I wasen't really interested in them but when they were going to throw them out I offered to take them. DS game was marked $5 & the Action Replay $2, offered $5 for both. Xbox games out at one house was told that they were $2 or 2 for $3, asked about older games and the guy offered to bring out some SNES games he doesn't play anymore. I offered $3 for what I got and took the counter of $4. Asked about games at one house and the guy brought out everything but the SNES system which he went back into the house and found. I offerd $3 and he countered with $7 to which I offered to meet in the midde at which he did (but some what reluctantly). Dino Crisis 3 was actually from the same house that about a month ago I got some Atari stuff and both of the Fatal Frame games on Xbox at. Last time it was $5 for any unmarked PS2, Xbox game but today it was down to $3.50. I had to go to the car and get some change but the family member selling on behalf of the owner of the games today said not to worry about it so it ended up at 3 even.

Saturday Non Find BS -
Small list for Saturday with only 16 sales on my list, got out about 8:05 and was out till shortly after 11, got to 24 sales total.

Only video games I was told about missing was a Playstation with games at the house I got the free left over manuals. For most expensive I saw a DS Lite for $50 (not cheap for a YS but not way over the top) but the games with it were $10 each and 5 out of the 6 were card only and non of them anything special. It said "all DS games $10" and the way it was worded I figured it was the price of all of them, I was gonna offer $2 for a card only Devilish if they would be willing before talking to them and finding out that was for each to which I quickly thanked them and left. Not surprising to anyone I'm sure who doesn't already know but GameStop has them beat ($10 New or $4 used if you can find it) and it probably wouldn't be hard to get a new copy on eBay for $10 shipped or less I'd imagine.

Boring day overall for non find BS only other thing not even really worth nothng is I saw a A/V cord at a sale and asked about it, .50 to which I offered .25 which was replied with a "no". Perhaps I'm an ass but something like this always gets any kind of offer taken and I was reminded of the one lady a few years back that didn't want to take anything less then asking on some new VHS tapes.
[/QUOTE]

The bargaining happens to me all the time, its really YMMV on who wants to bargain or not. Its getting later in the season here so I think there will be more people willing to bargain as there are only a few more weeks of yard sales left. I was really lucky to get the price down on that PS2 as half the asking price game systems won't come too often around here (and most people ask $35-50 for PS2 systems). I have tried to bargain with people and some people just won't take the offers no matter what, its really ridiculous, considering that pretty much everyone has a lawn full of stuff and hardly any of it moves. Very few empty sales here, most people have a lawn full of stuff, no one sells everything.

I didn't get to the "divorce sale" that was advertised, just thought it was unusual, it was actually in another neighborhood that is over an hour drive from here.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Dang! (Now where are those ebay sellers who always say "Selling on amazon sux, you make less money there.")[/QUOTE]

I don't know if that was directed at me, but...

I never said it "sux", I just said I prefer ebay. On amazon I can price it for $75 figuring I will lose 20% in fees (I know I will get a detailed amount of fees when I list it). $60 is higher than the completed listings, plus I save .20 per month, so it goes on amazon.

I basically check ebay, half, and amazon for the highest value for each item. Some items can not be sold on half that can be sold on amazon or ebay.

Most of the time it is on ebay since I get a lot of scammers on amazon and half (and I am a top-rated seller on ebay). If it is a low value item, I will just dump it at my own garage sale 1-2 times a year. I probably waste too much time looking for the highest profit. Sometimes it is better to quickly turn stuff around so you do not have it laying around the house for years! :lol:

But I do hate people undercutting me daily by a penny. If they kept it at the same price we would both have the lowest price.

Half was actually the worst for scammers, even though they are an ebay company.

I didn't really feel like going out this weekend. I stopped at a solitary sale on my way back from the grocery store and wound up with a God of War II 2-disc set and Gauntlet Dark Legacy for $8. I probably could have gotten them cheaper, but meh.

Mmk, I've been quiet long enough -- can we NOT turn this into a reseller thread? Last I checked, it was supposed to be a bragging rights thread, not "omg i turned a 9000% profit!!!oneone". Keep it to yourselves; let's just brag about what we found.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Mmk, I've been quiet long enough -- can we NOT turn this into a reseller thread? Last I checked, it was supposed to be a bragging rights thread, not "omg i turned a 9000% profit!!!oneone". Keep it to yourselves; let's just brag about what we found.[/QUOTE]

You haven't been quiet, you posted the same thing last month. It was ignored then and it will be ignored again. It's a forum. People are free to discuss whatever they please, if you don't like it just ignore it.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Come on, this isn't a reseller info thread, just a place to brag about our finds. Is this really necessary?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jaysapathy']Mmk, I've been quiet long enough -- can we NOT turn this into a reseller thread? Last I checked, it was supposed to be a bragging rights thread, not "omg i turned a 9000% profit!!!oneone". Keep it to yourselves; let's just brag about what we found.[/QUOTE]

And that's really still bragging... =P I think for the most part, it's the same people that posts in this thread, so it's not really a bad thing to help each other out, imo.

[quote name='jaysapathy'] "omg i turned a 9000% profit!!!oneone". [/QUOTE] Excuse me but wouldn't that be considered bragging? I mean this is the bragging section of the forums no?

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Dang! (Now where are those ebay sellers who always say "Selling on amazon sux, you make less money there.")[/QUOTE]

I'm likely one of the people you're referring to. I don't think it was ever stated that you make less there as there are tons of items where Amazon is the clear winner. I just HATE the way they treat their sellers like were all a bunch of elementary school kids. Every time you violate a policy they force you to write a letter to them about how you plan to fix your problems. Its just incredibly stupid.

I also dislike the ridiculously higher fees, which sometimes serve to completely destroy any gain you'd make by using Amazon over eBay. There's also a higher contingency of dimwitted buyers on Amazon and it is much easier for them to win an A-Z filing over a Paypal dispute.

Amazon does have its benefits (higher selling prices on a good majority of items), but to me everything else is a drawback. I honestly can't think of a single positive thing to say about my experience there and aside from wishing I had liquidated my DVD stock before getting the boot from the site (for giving too many refunds, of all things), I really can't say I miss Amazon. I'm glad I'm not giving them any commisions. I'd much rather eBay get my money...

I just really hope eBay doesn't get to the point where it implements something like Amazon's seller metrics.

So, I decided not to revisit the lady who had the following games:

:wii: Call of Duty 3 (no manual)
:wii: Splinter Cell: Double Agent
:ps3: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

For $5 each.

Black and White 2 for $1.

I offered them $10 on the whole package and they came back with the lame amount of $15. Something about them just rubbed me the wrong way, and even though I could make ~$10 credit on two of the games if I could get them for $8 , somehow saving face seems more important at this juncture.

I guess the moral of the story is never pay a lot if you don't really want or need the games (I have no Wii or PS3).

Personally, I appreciate the "reseller" bragging.

It gives me more ideas of stuff to look for while yardsaling, stuff that I normally wouldn't even bother looking at.

So to all you yardsailers and resellers too - I salute you!

[quote name='Doomstink']I just HATE the way they treat their sellers like were all a bunch of elementary school kids. Every time you violate a policy they force you to write a letter to them about how you plan to fix your problems. Its just incredibly stupid.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if I ever have any serious issues, I'll just cut straight to the fact that they've made x dollars off my sales all these years and that they'd only be hurting themselves. Also if they ever did that crap where they held my money for some undisclosed amount of time I'd take them right to small claims court.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Yeah, if I ever have any serious issues, I'll just cut straight to the fact that they've made x dollars off my sales all these years and that they'd only be hurting themselves. Also if they ever did that crap where they held my money for some undisclosed amount of time I'd take them right to small claims court.[/QUOTE]

Hit them in the pocket book.

Contact the BBB and Contact your states Attorney General.
To many BBB complaints with eventually equate to fines
Too many AG complaints will eventually equate to class action law suits

I haven't gone out in a few weeks, maybe because I stopped following the thread? Oh well, I'm going to try and finish the summer strong.

Banjo-Kazooie CIB
Banjo-Tooie CIB
Donkey Kong 64 CIB
Goldeneye 007 CIB
Mega Man X CIB
Mega Man X2 CIB
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island CIB
Super Mario All-Stars w/ Manual
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
10 Nintendo Power guides
Total: $65

Stopped at a sale that advertised SNES and N64 games, and boy I was not disappointed. Everything was marked $5, except X2 which was $15. I'm going to keep most of it and sell my cartridge only copies, but damn I did not realize a CIB X2 was worth so much! Looks like I could easily get $70-80 given the wonderful condition, but I'm keeping it.

Mario Kart Wii
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (not pictured)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (not pictured)
Total: $40

Nintendo 64 System w/ Controller and Controller Pak
Super Mario 64
Goldeneye 007
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Teal Game Boy Color System w/ Carrying Case
Frogger
Pokemon Red Version
Pokemon Yellow Version
Super Mario Sunshine
Total: $20

Grabbed the Wii games at sale that wasn't on my map and did not look like much from the street, man was I surprised. Sold SMG2 and SSBB at cost to a friend who was looking for them. The second bundle was a surprise find when I was going to said friend's place to drop off the games. I spotted a GameCube while driving by, pulled over and found everything else. Too bad there's no power brick with the N64, those are a bitch to replace for a reasonable price. I also imagine the red NSMB case will be a bitch to replace, too.

bread's done
Back