Official Amazon Quick Picks FAQ - READ 1st POST

crap i had a bunch of artbooks i wanted this morning and figure did get them tonight but when i got home they were gone! This crap rolls over too fast sometimes, its not 24 hours. Not even 12 hours i think.

I need to try to get them back in my box. They're apple volume 2 and 3:
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Vol-3-Various/dp/189737609X/ref=pd_ys_ir_all_73
and
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-2-v-Various/dp/1897376375/ref=pd_ys_ir_all_93

they're in my recommendation box. Ive gone in and tried to 5 star most of the stuff thats linked to it but i had a question: If i 5 star these 2 items does that give them a better chance of showing up, or does it exclude them from showing up? I cant remember how that works. I really want them to show up ASAP. Especially since ones low on stock. Can i 5 star them or will that screw them up?

Not sure what else i can do to get them to show up again. Ive had stuff turn up 2 days in a row before but not sure what lets you do that, and what makes it just go to the end of the line

If I go to Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360), it mentions that it's a Gold Box deal. I go to the Gold Box deal page, and it doesn't show anywhere. Not in Lightning deals, nor in Quick Picks.

[quote name='slowdive21']Dark Souls official guide: $23.74[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up, used my Skyrim CE guide pre-order to get this today. All too easy.

On that note, anyone get the Skyrim CE guide yet? I'll see if I can't reverse engineer this tomorrow for the same effect.

[quote name='slowdive21']I got the regular skyrim guide today 16.02.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I had that in the past too. The CE is too pretty not to get, so I guess I'll keep my eye out if you guys get it.

I seem to just keep getting the same stuff over and over again. Got a new one today though, along with Tekken again. Would it be better if I posted the ones I've gotten before as well, that are already well known, just so you can update the dates? Cause I tend to only come here when I see a new one.

:ps3: Tekken Hybrid
:360: Wipeout In the Zone

Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide [Hardcover] 25.07 (preorder)

skyrim softcover 15.38

Fate/Extra Limited Edition (PSP RPG?) 37.99

Shit i was trying to get rune factory on my list, and it worked!... kinda. I got it for the wii, and i wanted it for the ps3 >_< 2 questions:

Is there any way to get the ps3 version for goldbox instead?
if not, would pthrowing the wii version in my pre-order box give me a chance to get the ps3 version or would it block the ps3 version out?

ya but im worried that may block me from getting the ps3 version =( I really wish when stuff was in your gold box it let you pick the platform. is there no way to do that? I could just buy it for the wii for the hell of it, but im concerned that may block the PS3 version. Does anyone know if it would do that?

*edit* f it pre-orderd the wii version and gave it 5 stars.. it shows the ps3 version on the top of my recomend list now. Hopefully that shows up tomorow?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kenshindono']*edit* f it pre-orderd the wii version and gave it 5 stars.. it shows the ps3 version on the top of my recomend list now. Hopefully that shows up tomorow?[/QUOTE]
Unless for whatever reason it is not eligible, then 100% yes.

[quote name='Jodou']Unless for whatever reason it is not eligible, then 100% yes.[/QUOTE]

damnit it didn't show up for some reason.. not sure why, i DID see it show up before but i didn't get it at the time. If i just let it sit will it pop up again, or do i have to shuffle stuff around again to give it another chance?

*edit* should i give 5 stars to the PS3 version thats sitting at the top of recommendations? or would that prevent it from showing up?

[quote name='Kenshindono']damnit it didn't show up for some reason.. not sure why, i DID see it show up before but i didn't get it at the time. If i just let it sit will it pop up again, or do i have to shuffle stuff around again to give it another chance?

*edit* should i give 5 stars to the PS3 version thats sitting at the top of recommendations? or would that prevent it from showing up?[/QUOTE]
Don't touch it. If it was eligible and in your recs, then it should show up the next day. Since it didn't, they probably pulled it from quick picks. You can try letting it sit a day, but in practice that hasn't helped me.

bah.. this quick pick thing seems so god damn random. Another day and its still not there. When i look at recommendations its at the very top of the list, but today i have a bunch of stuff thats nowhere on the first dozen or so pages of my recommendations. Half of it is stupid stuff lik e pet supplies and juicers. I really wish the recomendations section was easier to browse so i could take the stuff that spawns this out

Not really sure whats going on, maybe yoru right and its just not avalible for quick picks anymore?
http://www.amazon.com/Rune-Factory-..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1318395162&sr=1-1

thats the item btw. I guess i'll wait one more day then just forget about it and delete the pre orders i had done to get it at the top of the list. I DO notice that its now out and no longer a pre-order

[quote name='Kenshindono']Not really sure whats going on, maybe yoru right and its just not avalible for quick picks anymore?[/QUOTE]
Anymore? It has never been confirmed as a quick pick other than the Wii version you got. You said you got it before for PS3, but it has never been reported here as being seen. As I said yesterday, if it didn't show up right away then it's just not eligible and never will.

I'm going to open this up to strategy guides and possibly cross-reference this thread with the CE guide to try generating more traffic. I feel there's a healthy enough interest, at least from me, to track them.

Today I've got the Uncharted 3 CE guide, and in the past few days I've gotten the Dark Souls CE guide and Batman AC CE guide

oh, should also note that today I also have the MGS HD Collection CE for PS3

[quote name='Jodou']Anymore? It has never been confirmed as a quick pick other than the Wii version you got. You said you got it before for PS3, but it has never been reported here as being seen. As I said yesterday, if it didn't show up right away then it's just not eligible and never will.[/QUOTE]

I'm like 90% sure it was the ps3 one that i had before.. maybe i was wrong. I didn't get it again today. I keep getting weird kitchen stuff that i can not find the link to. I went through over 500 sugestions to try to find them and couldn't. Thing seems to be just going all wacky on me

good to hear about the MGS LE showing up. I may get htat if i see it

Super Mario 3D Land 37.99

Just a thought. Shouldn't we put the price of the quick pick? Sometimes it is 5% off sometimes it is 10% off for the same game. I know I can do the math, but I would like to be able to easily reference the lowest available price for a game. I'm not sure if anyone else feels that way too...

[quote name='slowdive21']Just a thought. Shouldn't we put the price of the quick pick? Sometimes it is 5% off sometimes it is 10% off for the same game.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure it is always 5% off of Amazon's price-- which may be already discounted from MSRP.

[quote name='slowdive21']Just a thought. Shouldn't we put the price of the quick pick? Sometimes it is 5% off sometimes it is 10% off for the same game. I know I can do the math, but I would like to be able to easily reference the lowest available price for a game. I'm not sure if anyone else feels that way too...[/QUOTE]
From the OP:
For video games, it's always an additional 5% off the sale price.
What you're seeing is Amazon combing the amount off rather than saying 5%+5% off.

I had Goldeney 007 Reloaded for PS3 today. I hope this goes cheap on BF, because I would like to get this before the MP dies off but I doubt I'll be committing much time to it. Can't justify $60 on a game like that.

something is fucked up with my list. I got a bunch of crap that shouldn't be there again. Office products, software, and electronics (office tape, ink, ect) I checked the sections they belong in and theres NOTHING in them. I dont understand. Its kinda pissing me off

The only way i know to find something is search every single page of your recommendations and then remove it. How do you get rid of it if its not in your list at all? They really need to add a 'fix this recommendation' right on the quick pick page

[quote name='Kenshindono']something is fucked up with my list. I got a bunch of crap that shouldn't be there again. Office products, software, and electronics (office tape, ink, ect) I checked the sections they belong in and theres NOTHING in them. I dont understand. Its kinda pissing me off

The only way i know to find something is search every single page of your recommendations and then remove it. How do you get rid of it if its not in your list at all? They really need to add a 'fix this recommendation' right on the quick pick page[/QUOTE]

Once every other week or so I get kitchen stuff in my quick picks and I don't know why. The only thing I've ever bought on Amazon besides books, games, and movies was a watch for my Dad over a year ago.

Every now and then I'll look and there will be a rice cooker in there. It doesn't make any sense.

I've updated the FAQ so that perhaps it's more clear, but you guys really need not sweat getting garbage in your picks. I think you forget that quick picks are a delivery system for Amazon to sell popular items at the time or crap that isn't selling. If you get a kitchen sink in there, it's nothing you did wrong because Amazon will always give you something you didn't want. The point of manipulating picks is so that you get stuff you do want on top of the garbage.

ya that makes sense, but im still pissed i couldn't get rune factory. I tried for like 3 days with tons of pre orders linking it. Itso n the top of my recommendations but wont show up. I guess the PS3 version just doesn't count anymore. Im gonna delete the pre orders and just forget about it i guess

Got Uncharted 2 yesterday.
banner.png
:whistle2:#

:psp: Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom LE

(this is the game where you date guys, right? :whistle2:? all of the dating sims in Japan that could have been localized, and they bring over the one with guys?)

bread's done
Back