Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']Man, they better not be going all "one per household" on us now. That would really suck for us West Coasters because they let people close to MA get 10+ coupon codes but since ours take so much longer to get there we're stuck in limbo.

But I think even people who have yet to get a code are not getting them either, so that's probably not it anyway.

Just to be sure I checked the terms and they haven't changed. While the vague "Limit one discount per household, per qualifying order." is still there, the main part of the deal simply says "Limit one discount per qualifying order.". That only means you don't get more than 1 code on a single submission even if you go over $120. The household thing makes no sense as the second part says it is "per qualifying order". So that means each household's qualifying orders should get codes - one per order...[/QUOTE]

They would really have to get revisionist on us to make it one coupon per household at this point. The promotional details include the line "In the case of multiple trade-in orders, the coupon code will be given for each qualifying order that is received." - which pretty clearly lays it out, even if the "one per household per qualifying order" seems a bit ambiguous. I also think they would lose a lot of business if they decided to start limiting the coupons - between that and the lack of control once the package is in the mail with regard to getting your games back if one or more of them is rejected, a lot of people would just stop using Amazon's trade-in (myself included).

[quote name='finsfan0210']can anyone clarify what they mean by having stuff in their glodbox please? I buy off amazon all the time and didn't know about that.[/QUOTE]

if you're logged into your amazon account, click on today's deals and scroll down. You'll have your own list of items that are a few dollars cheaper then normal.

Well, yeah, I had forgotten about that line you quoted there sengar. That pretty much seals it (that we should get one coupon per $60+ trade-in).

Finally some good news - the submission that had been stuck on "Processing" since Saturday AM came through at the very odd hour of 8pm Pacific (for every other order received I got email about it from around 7am - noon, so this was odd). All the games I sent were credited and the ones I excluded simply say "Not received". This was an order I sent on the last day back when you could not edit or reprint labels on the last eligible day (though I figured out a way to print the label and it is in the OP now). However, like I said earlier, they seem to have fixed this problem now as I could edit ones that needed to be shipped today. Back on this order I couldn't even edit them the night before they needed to be shipped ('cause I guess the turnover time was on Eastern time).

So I've had like 5 things received since Friday. Time for some codes!

My Endless Ocean trade-in was accepted today - was sent on Saturday via USPS Media Mail. Now I am waiting for two $30 codes....

still got a 50% coupon to trade. Still...hoping for 2 $30 codes.

also been thinking of getting rock band beatles but I only want the game. But if anyone just wants the instuments, I'd be up to ship it to you and have you send me the game, if you cover the cost after ECA and 50%.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']if you're logged into your amazon account, click on today's deals and scroll down. You'll have your own list of items that are a few dollars cheaper then normal.[/QUOTE]
Are only the quick picks, the ones based on your interests, purchases, etc? Or best deals, dotd, & lightning deals too?

I get confused when folks say Gold Box since their is only one item in their, people are refearing to Quick picks which is an extra 5%

So what's the current word on cartridges? I got some SNES games I want to trade in since they're getting decent money, and I got them in Wii Ware now. I see it's YMMV.

[quote name='starmask2k3']how do i get the 50%off coupon[/QUOTE]

This was given during the previous promotion and is no longer available.

[quote name='imacgod']So what's the current word on cartridges? I got some SNES games I want to trade in since they're getting decent money, and I got them in Wii Ware now. I see it's YMMV.[/QUOTE]
YMMV, but old games (N64 and older) are much more oftenly accepted without case & manual.

[quote name='starmask2k3']how do i get the 50%off coupon[/QUOTE]
Too late.

I have to chuckle how people can't get DC added, yet mine haven't been updated in a week with one just sitting at acceptance. I'm beginning to think it's a waste of money for tracking purposes, but I guess with UPS picking up the ball now it won't really matter.

[quote name='imacgod']So what's the current word on cartridges? I got some SNES games I want to trade in since they're getting decent money, and I got them in Wii Ware now. I see it's YMMV.[/QUOTE]

With those you could just take a chance. If you have over $60 worth just send them all in cart-only and see what happens. You'd have to figure they will either take them all or reject them all in which case they get mailed back and you aren't out anything. What you don't want to do is mix those with other stuff because they might take the other stuff and not the SNES games and leave you under $60 - unless you don't mind going in just getting some fraction of straight-up credit without the $30 code.

Jodou - I've gotten DC added to about 8 and in all but one case it has shown 1 or 2 intermediate destinations (the sorting facilities that handle media mail). Only one went right from acceptance to delivery and even then I knew it was delivered so I knew when to start looking for the credit.

However, since everything gets there eventually anyway I've started to cut back. I mailed 4 today and only got DC on one.

By the way, those little boxes from Target are PERFECT since I've been sending in 4 games at a time and they are just the right size for that and just enough (but not too much) padding. They cost $1.39 so they are cheaper (and much better) than the padded mailers I bought the other day. Thanks for the tip on that one guys! My problem is that I need 3 more and I didn't buy enough so I'll have to go to Target tomorrow and then come home and get my last 3 ready to mail on the very last eligible day (they are Endless Ocean/Star Wars Lightsaber Duel trades...).

Then I have one more after that with Beautiful Katamari and Halo Wars, then I'm done for a while. I haven't submitted a trade in 3 or 4 days now!

[quote name='Jodou']I have to chuckle how people can't get DC added, yet mine haven't been updated in a week with one just sitting at acceptance. I'm beginning to think it's a waste of money for tracking purposes, but I guess with UPS picking up the ball now it won't really matter.[/QUOTE]

It isn't a tracking service. Its just meant to tell you when/where it is delivered.

Both my shipments say 'acceptance' right now. The one i sent almost a week ago is still in acceptance at the PO i dropped it off at. But the one i sent yesterday already has an intermediate destination listed LOL. No worries :)

SMALL UPDATE on my Gazelle trade-in:

I submitted a $43 order today. The shipping options offered are either USPS or UPS but i qualified for a free postage-paid shipping box and decided to wait for that. The box should arrive at my house in 2-3 days. The destination is Boston, MA. I think the prepaid box im getting will be shipped via USPS. I'll find out in a couple days. They seem very professional so far :D

Here is the email they sent me...

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Send your stuff to us in the postage-paid box you'll be receiving in the next two to three days. Please remember to use plenty of packing material to keep everything safe. Just pack and mail the package. That's it.

If you have your own box and want to send your stuff right away, that's no problem. We've attached a prepaid shipping label for you to print out. We'll email you as soon as we receive your stuff to let you know it arrived safe and sound.

Remember, you can check the status of your item at any time. We will apply a $2.15 bonus to your $43.00 box total when we pay you.

The Amazon & Gazelle Trade-In Team

agc.gazelle.com

edit: Doh! Just checked out their twitter page. You get another 5% bonus if you type in this promo code: tweet

:rofl:

OK, so here's what I just got on my wife's Amazon "Quick Picks" (or Gold Box or whatever you want to call it). Note that I have tailored hers just like mine with all video game recommendations so I have double the chance of getting good stuff to preorder.

The MS points and Wii Motion Plus are great (though I already have 2 Wii Motion Plus and like my points cheaper than that) but can everyone else see what is wrong with the rest of the picks? Think of them as a package deal. Insert redneck jokes here...

Okay.

I almost screwed myself over. For some reason I thought this promotion was a minimum of $50 worth of games like the others were. So I had two orders and neither were over $60, so I had to resubmit one of my orders to meet the $60 requirement.

I mailed out a shit ton of SNES/N64 games that were cart only. I will post my results for you all when it finally gets reviewed.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Fifa soccer 09 is the deal of the day for 26, nice......[/QUOTE]

It's $45 at GS - you got another source?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this GH deal.

$59.99 - ECA = $53.99
$53.99 - $30 coupon = $23.99
$23.99 - $10 coupon (for a later purchase) = $13.99 (sort of)

So I'll pretty much be getting GH 5 and GH Van Halen for half of an Endless Ocean game that I traded in. This seems too good to be true. You get Van Halen for free after a mail in rebate, correct?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']No, I'm just disappointed and relieved at the same time that there isn't a good deal of the day to flip.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Yeah, I hear you there. I'm relieved too...

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I'm still trying to wrap my head around this GH deal.

$59.99 - ECA = $53.99
$53.99 - $30 coupon = $23.99
$23.99 - $10 coupon (for a later purchase) = $13.99 (sort of)

So I'll pretty much be getting GH 5 and GH Van Halen for half of an Endless Ocean game that I traded in. This seems too good to be true. You get Van Halen for free after a mail in rebate, correct?[/QUOTE]

Yep, that seems right. I really wasn't going to buy either of these games any time soon since I still have RB2, GHWT and will have Beatles RB to play through. But for that deal I don't think I can pass it up.

The only problem is... NO freaking $30 codes! C'mon Amazon! It is prime code sending time right now and still nothing. If I don't get anything by 2am I guess that means yet another day without them being sent out.

Same here, I wasn't going to buy either of these games until they were cheap. I wasn't even going to get Rock Band Beatles until it was $10 or $15, but I'm buying the bundle also with a 50% off coupon. I used another 50% off coupon on the ion drums and I've had a lot of fun playing it the past couple days. I guess the more games I have, the more use I'll get out of the drums.

And with GH 5, I'll be able to use 4 sets of drums or 4 guitars simultainously. Maybe I'll actually get a use out of all these plastic instruments lying around.

I may have to get the Ions with my second 50% coupon since I can't think of anything else.

GH5 can have 4 drums or 4 guitars going at the same time? Wow - I didn't know that. That is actually cool because I also have way more plastic instruments than I ever thought I'd need. If I get the Ions for 360 I'll have those, the Beatles RB ones, the RB2 ones, and the GHWT ones :roll:.

For the PS3 I only have wired RB1 ones... So I was thinking of getting the Ions for that but then I can't play these games on our TV the PS3 is hooked to anyway because they make me sick (it is a big DLP TV and the combination of the screen size and 60Hz refresh kills me I think on the those moving blobs).

Meanwhile, 12:50 AM Pacific and no codes :bomb:

For anyone who ordered a TE stick with ECA + 50% email them about the price change before it goes back to $150. this is the email I just got from them.

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on "Street Fighter IV FightStick". I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that the price change is significant from the time the item shipped.

Under the circumstances, I'll make a one-time exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $20.00. You should see the refund in the next 3-5 business days.

Please understand that I'm issuing this refund because of the exceptional circumstances, and I'm doing this for you against our standard policy.

WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A PRICE GUARANTEE?
While we don't always beat the best available price on every product, we do offer deep discounts on many thousands of items. From time to time, prices on some items will change due to special offers from suppliers and manufacturers or our inventory and sales volumes. When we can offer a lower price for new purchases we will, but we cannot extend these discounts to completed orders.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com. We look forward to your next visit.

Good luck with the codes io. I'm rooting for ya. I sent in 5 packages on Thursday and they haven't arrived yet, so it will be a long time before I see any codes.

I definitely recommend using a 50% off coupon on these ion drums. I never planned on buying these expensive ass drums ever until I realized how cheap they were with the coupon and ECA. I've only played the ion for about 3 hours total, so I haven't run into any problems that others have talked about like broken foot pedals, etc. It's such a big difference though. I can play songs with ease that I couldn't even finish with the regular drums.

On another side note, I'm actually going to take my bed out of my bedroom and just make my bedroom a videogame/movie room. I really don't even have enough room to comfortably play 1 set of drums with this bed in here. This is a great problem to have though. I actually have so much fun stuff to play with that there's no room in my room. Thanks Amazon!

[quote name='io']I may have to get the Ions with my second 50% coupon since I can't think of anything else.

GH5 can have 4 drums or 4 guitars going at the same time? Wow - I didn't know that. That is actually cool because I also have way more plastic instruments than I ever thought I'd need. If I get the Ions for 360 I'll have those, the Beatles RB ones, the RB2 ones, and the GHWT ones :roll:.

For the PS3 I only have wired RB1 ones... So I was thinking of getting the Ions for that but then I can't play these games on our TV the PS3 is hooked to anyway because they make me sick (it is a big DLP TV and the combination of the screen size and 60Hz refresh kills me I think on the those moving blobs).

Meanwhile, 12:50 AM Pacific and no codes :bomb:[/QUOTE]

io!!
I just got my codes!!
The first one was accepted on the 7th and the second on the 10th.
You should have yours soon.
Good luck!

Edit: codes received on Wed 8/12/09 12:02 AM PST

Edit 2: so where do you guys see the $10 coupon offer for GH5?
Thanks

1:02 AM Pacific... Just got two $30 codes via email (in the same message, separated by a comma) :whee:

The only problem is that I have so many things submitted that it will be hard to keep track of which codes go to which submissions! Up till now it was pretty easy because I always got the codes 2 days after getting the credit (and I only had four submissions and two of those were under the previous promos). Now I can't be too sure which these go to so if I don't end up getting them all when this is all said and done it will be tough to point out the one I didn't get it for. Hopefully they just all come through and I don't have to deal with that ;).

But really, I think 2 is about right - the other ones were just received Monday/Tuesday so I wouldn't expect those yet.

Newlu - Well, crap! The $10 promo is GONE. It was on the "see more product promotions" page just a few hours ago when I posted about it. Damn - I can't help but think they knew there might be a flood of orders with the batch of $30 codes they sent out and they rescinded the $10 deal. I was going to order it right away to lock that in but now I'm not in so much of a hurry. I'll give it a few days to show up in my Gold Box picks. So now we're back to $24 for the two games instead of $14 - still not bad but not OMFG like it was before. Sneaky, Amazon, very sneaky...

[quote name='io']1:02 AM Pacific... Just got two $30 codes via email (in the same message, separated by commas) :whee:

The only problem is that I have so many things submitted that it will be hard to keep track of which codes go to which submissions! Up till now it was pretty easy because I always got the codes 2 days after getting the credit. Now I can't be too sure which these go to so if I don't end up getting them all when this is all said and done it will be tough to point out the one I didn't get it for. Hopefully they just all come through and I don't have to deal with that ;).

But really, I think 2 is about right - the other ones were just received Monday/Tuesday so I wouldn't expect those yet.[/QUOTE]

Yay, I'm happy and relieved you guys are getting codes. Seemed like for a while there they weren't sending them for multiple trades on the same account.

If you get delivery confirmation on everything, you could sort of figure it out by seeing which games were delivered when and which codes you got sent when. It wouldn't be an exact science, but it might help.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']For anyone who ordered a TE stick with ECA + 50% email them about the price change before it goes back to $150. this is the email I just got from them.[/QUOTE]

hehe. Thats a canned message. I got the same email for a printer price match to staples.

[quote name='io']I may have to get the Ions with my second 50% coupon since I can't think of anything else.

Meanwhile, 12:50 AM Pacific and no codes :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Logitech has a drum set that is supposed to be the premium equivalent for Guitar Hero. Ions are probably better though. But at least you got a premium drum choice for both games. Can the Ions be used as a midi drum set? I really don't know anything about this product :whistle2:#

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']If you get delivery confirmation on everything, you could sort of figure it out by seeing which games were delivered when and which codes you got sent when. It wouldn't be an exact science, but it might help.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know when they were delivered. It is going to be tough when they got multiples in a 2 day period (like Mon/Tues they got 3 from me and processed the one from Sat finally). But it's a nice problem to have - hopefully the codes flow in from now on. The little holiday there was a bit strange but clearly they have set times for processing those things.

[quote name='Japakneez']Logitech has a drum set that is supposed to be the premium equivalent for Guitar Hero. Ions are probably better though. But at least you got a premium drum choice for both games. Can the Ions be used as a midi drum set? I really don't know anything about this product :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I hadn't heard of the Logitech set. I'm pretty sure you can get a "brain" for the Ions and make it a real drum kit. I might be interested in that for my son, though he has a real drum kit in his room already ;). So, yeah, we went from having no drums a year ago to a having a real set (his Christmas present) and all these plastic ones.

I'll probably end up getting the Ions though. And I guess I should do that while they are in stock since they seem to go in and out of stock pretty frequently. I've never tried to sell anything on Craig's List but maybe I can get rid of my RB2 drums that way. It's too bad no game stores take them (though I understand why). I paid full price (in GS credit of course) for the standalone RB2 drums when they first came out last year. If I could get $20-$30 for them I'd be thrilled.

Now, what to use these codes on... I just wish my Gold Box picks for today didn't consist of MS points cards, Wii Motion Plus, and the raccoon roasting set (see my screen cap on the last page). Well, actually, those were my wife's. My picks are all office and computer supplies for some reason (never bought such a thing from Amazon ever).

I really want to know what the next trade-in promo will be. September can't come soon enough!

So i got a decent plan for my 50% code. I'm going to get the DJ Hero Renegade Bundle for $200. It will cost $80 after 50% code and ECA. I will sell the carrying case that comes with it. That should knock at least $30 off bringing me down to a grand total of $50 for the game and premium turntable :D

[quote name='io']

Newlu - Well, crap! The $10 promo is GONE. It was on the "see more product promotions" page just a few hours ago when I posted about it. Damn - I can't help but think they knew there might be a flood of orders with the batch of $30 codes they sent out and they rescinded the $10 deal. I was going to order it right away to lock that in but now I'm not in so much of a hurry. I'll give it a few days to show up in my Gold Box picks. So now we're back to $24 for the two games instead of $14 - still not bad but not OMFG like it was before. Sneaky, Amazon, very sneaky...[/QUOTE]
Well...that can't be coincidence, can it now? ;)
I think I'll pass without the $10 coupon offer.

Japakneez - yeah, after the 50% promo a lot of people put down the $30 one. But it is great because it is multiple use (yeah, I know the 50% turned out to be too but because of the stated limit most people didn't bother getting more than 1) and very versatile. It basically means free DS or PSP games and console games at essentially clearance or future-proof MSRP pricing ;).

It will be tough for them to top both of these last two promos and I can't help but feel we'll be disappointed. Wasn't the initial promo for this trade-in program pretty lame? I remember thinking the whole thing would be a failure because it wasn't all that great and otherwise their prices didn't beat GS base prices for the most part. Plus I thought there would just be an introductory promo - much to my surprise they kept them rolling and made them better.

Anyway, gots to work at my real job and stop obsessing over all this Amazon stuff (but it is kind of fun to think about what to get :mrgreen:).

Yayyers!

NHL 10: $59.99
Gran Turismo 5: $56.99
-----
total of Items: $116.98
Shipping & Handling: $5.48
Super Saver Discount: -$5.48
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$28.50
Credit Upon Ship: -$0.00
------
Total: $88.48
Gift Cards: -$53.00
------
Total for this Order: $35.48

Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition

Item(s) Subtotal: $149.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$75.00
Promotion Applied: -$15.00
Total Before Tax: $59.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Gift Certificate/Card Amount: $53.50
----- Grand Total: $6.49

A few notes...

I still see people complaining about delivery confirmation. If you need delivery confirmation, ship it by UPS. Their shipments are trackable and included in your free service. So on top of getting confirmation, it will get there much faster for most of us.

Second, I had NHL 09 packaged to ship for another trade. Cancel trade, resubmit trade minus one filler game, reprint. Awesome.

Last, as far as the next trade-in promo, I'm always concerned they're just going to stop doing promotions. We'll see. I'm going to start accumulating games as it gets close to the end of the month and submit my trade-ins. I'll wait to mail in case they have something better. My guess is we'll never have something like the 50% off again or even the $75 off a console and the $30 off will be the most we can hope for. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd honestly take this $30 deal as long as they want to do it. I've preordered tons of games, picked up a few almost free games for PSP, and reduced my gaming budget to almost zero. When there's $30 off a game along with ECA, I can generally beat the game and sell if for more than I bought it for here. If Amazon would start selling PSN cards, I could probably officially bring my budget to zero.

[quote name='io']Newlu - Well, crap! The $10 promo is GONE. It was on the "see more product promotions" page just a few hours ago when I posted about it. Damn - I can't help but think they knew there might be a flood of orders with the batch of $30 codes they sent out and they rescinded the $10 deal. I was going to order it right away to lock that in but now I'm not in so much of a hurry. I'll give it a few days to show up in my Gold Box picks. So now we're back to $24 for the two games instead of $14 - still not bad but not OMFG like it was before. Sneaky, Amazon, very sneaky...[/QUOTE]

Crap, that's what I get for being greedy I suppose. Figured I'd try to work this into my gold box for an extra $3-4 off before I ordered. Oh well, like you said, still a good deal....just not *as* good. ;)

Did my first Amazon trade-in (I haven't traded games in in forever)

Didn't really notice that multiple submissions on the same account would reap multiple $30 codes but no biggie. Submitted it all at once, with UPS today.

COD4- $20
Bioshock- $7.50 (beat it when it first game out and ahven't played it since)
Bully 360- $9
LOTR BFME2 - $5
NCAA football 10- $27.50
chinatown wars - $15
hawx- $13
FF7 - 40 (sprung on this, even though I may regret it later. I can always pick it up again on PSN)

So 137 for all those. Plus the coupon. Not bad. I kind of rushed it because I wanted to try and get the code to get in on the Arkham Asylum pre-order deal. I may miss FF7 a bit, evne though I haven't played it in awhile.

I finally got all 3 of my $30 codes today! The bad news is that either the $10 off Wii Sports Resort code doesn't stack, or the one I traded for was already used. Unfortunately it was a bit confusing and so I'm not sure what happened. Now when I try to enter it again it says it was already redeemed, but I don't have the $10 off, only the $30 off and ECA 10% off. :(

IO, I had that same animal trap in my quick picks two days ago. I don't think I had the grill too, but I've had grill accessories almost every day. Also, I think you said your wife's had a Glenn Beck book; mine today has a Mark Levin book (which is just as bad, or worse).

In the two weeks that I've been closely monitoring it, I think I've had *one* game. This is annoying.

In my quick picks, I had games for quite a few days of good games that I got on preorder (Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo, etc.). Now I have all these romance books...bleck.

Sweet, just got my code after 3 days, not bad at all.

I also asked earlier about using the $30 code on the Xbox Live Points Online Game Code, and was told it wouldn't work. I decided to try anyways and it DID work. I just made sure I went through the Amazon.com/games section.

Should I do this considering I want Batman and few other games?

I'm thinking of trading:
Left 4 Dead- $15 (could fetch $25-30 on selling individually)
Fallout 3- $24.25 (Don't really wanna sell since it's my FAVORITE game, but it fetches a nice amount on Amazon)
GTAIV- $12 (could fetch maybe $20-22 individually)
Loco Roco 2- $6.25
Pro Evo Soccer 2008- $3

This would net me over $90 on Amazon.

The orignal plan was to sell all these JUST to get to the needed $60, but I felt like these were ALOT of game to get rid of for only $90:
L4D
GTAIV
The Orange Box
Dead Rising
GH2
GH3
GUN
Alone in the Dark
Pro Evo Soccer 2008
Loco Roco 2
Final Fnatasy 1 (PSP)
SW LEGO: The Complete Saga

I see others got their $30 codes last night, I did too, so hopefully the backlog is done.

Just a quick note to those who might want to pad their trade-in accounts in light of getting so many $30 codes. You can buy Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum for Wii for $27.99 and then trade it for $17.25. I've done this with a couple of my codes now, I'm effectively trading the $30 in game-only credit for $17.25 in all-Amazon credit. Not the best conversion, but likely better than you could get selling the codes. I've got plenty of these $30 codes, more than I will use for my own gaming purchases.

For you lazy folks, I've put out a "beta" edition of my tiv tracker at http://ativ.scurker.com/tracker. Eventually, I plan on adding a history per title, but in the meantime this page will show daily changes, although it may be incorrect between 12-3am CST and may not correctly show values that have been changed within the same day. If you see anything weird other than that, please shoot me a pm.

Right now only the ASIN is listed, but I will fix that in the next couple of days.

You can see today's changes are only for the trade-in deal of the day with FFVII dropping, Fifa Soccer 09 (360) increasing.

In other news, my $60 trade-in was accepted this morning with no rejections, so now I just need to wait on my $30 code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back