Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zsciaeount']I always find it hilarious when people can't handle a stray thread, then compound the very issue they're criticizing by endlessly complaining about a post. These forums move very fast and stuff gets buried quickly. Stop acting so incredulous any time someone misses a thread. It really undermines the spirit of sharing information that is the very foundation of this amazing resource.[/QUOTE]

I love it. I may put it in my sig *bows*

Finally! My bb is having the sale! Got stranglehold 360 for $5, blacksite ps3 for $5 and saints row 2 ce ps3 for $20. Gonna go back tomorrow and see if a few others drop some more. DDRU3 360 was $35 and Endwar PS3 w/ headset was $40 still...i hope they go down within the next few days.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I couldn't find any of the EndWar games at $20 near me...if any of you guys out there have stores with a few, I'll pay cost + shipping for the headset...you can keep the game :p Shoot me a PM.[/QUOTE]

Target has the PS3 w/headset one for $50 nationwide right now.

[quote name='Josef']Why would you even want to brag that you're a thief and a fraud?[/QUOTE]

I'm not bragging and I'm quoting myself again, "I'm going to hell for this", but I need it one for my nephew and that was all I could afford, go and be rightful someplace else douch.....

Besides other fellow CAGs may be needing to get it at 50% off anyways.....

[quote name='obijuan71']I'm not bragging and I'm quoting myself again, "I'm going to hell for this", but I need it one for my nephew and that was all I could afford, go and be rightful someplace else douch.....

Besides other fellow CAGs may be needing to get it at 50% off anyways.....[/QUOTE]

No one "needs" a video game. However you want to word it you stole from the store and are a thief.

[quote name='Josef']No one "needs" a video game. However you want to word it you stole from the store and are a thief.[/QUOTE]

No one cares what you think, have you notice is only YOU and ME going back and forth, : P

And if you want to go and explain the word NEED to me, don't waist your time, just go to Best Buy and get yourself one.

If you are not in Texas, oh well.

CHILL!!!!!

[quote name='obijuan71']No one cares what you think, have you notice is only YOU and ME going back and forth, : P

And if you want to go and explain the word NEED to me, don't waist your time, just go to Best Buy and get yourself one.

If you are not in Texas, oh well.

CHILL!!!!![/QUOTE]

You are pretty much a douche for bragging about what you did.

[quote name='Malik112099']You are pretty much a douche for bragging about what you did.[/QUOTE]

Really I was not bragging, I was really hoping to get it as $19.99 as some people have been saying here, I just bought one wireless communicator about a week ago from Amazon for $39.99 the cheapest I have seen one in a long time.

I'm not flipping it, selling it or try to return it to Amazon to get money back for the one I bought recently, so there, what you guys think, well is not my problem, haven't I been at work on a not so busy Saturday, I would have never notice your little complains.

so keep posting

Enjoy your weekend.

Found a Resistance 2 CE marked to $40 in a %50 off bin. Had to get a manager to override it (he didn't even talk to me, and his password was clearly 1111. Poor employee, having to wait purely on protocol.), and the cashier kept glaring off towards the game department, saying "Resistance 2 for twenty dollars...". I told him there was still a copy left, hope he gets it. Not for myself, hopefully R2 isn't insurmountable plot wise without having played R1, not that I think the recipient will particularly notice or care.

[quote name='Malik112099']You are pretty much a douche for bragging about what you did.[/QUOTE]

No he's a douche for stealing, and a dumbass for coming on here and telling everybody about it.

[quote name='gaxur']Found a Resistance 2 CE marked to $40 in a %50 off bin. Had to get a manager to override it (he didn't even talk to me, and his password was clearly 1111. Poor employee, having to wait purely on protocol.), and the cashier kept glaring off towards the game department, saying "Resistance 2 for twenty dollars...". I told him there was still a copy left, hope he gets it. Not for myself, hopefully R2 isn't insurmountable plot wise without having played R1, not that I think the recipient will particularly notice or care.[/QUOTE]

I preferred R2 by FAR... something about it is just more "fun"

Okay...my Best Buy (Pittsburgh Mills) wasn't doing the collector's edition thing, HOWEVER they did have a fantastic little special going on. There was an entire section near the registers FILLED with games marked with a yellow sticker, and anything with the yellow sticker was $10.

Some notables...

:ps2:
SMT: Persona 3 FES
DDR X w/ Mat
Namco Fighters Collection (T4, TTag, and I forget the 3rd game)

:360:
Prizefighter
Facebreaker
Dark Messiah: Might & Magic
NFS: Pro Street

:ps3:
Quake Wars
Legendary
NFS: Pro Street
Blitz the League II
Facebreaker

And a shit-ton of Wii, PSP, and DS games.

Definitely YMMV.

BB 50% off sale RACKs at Independence, MO
Star Ocean: 1st Departure (PSP) $9.99 after discount (some mark $19.99 & some mark $29.99)
Resistance 2 LE (PS3) rang up $59.99 with 50% off $29.99 plus taxes
The Red Stars (PS2) $9.99 after discount
End War Bundle (PS3/360) didn't check the price :(

Too many games but i really BROKE. Just picked up i want the most :) I wonder Resistance 2 Limited Edition (PS3) worth $30 or not ??

The Howell, NJ BestBuy had Guitar Hero Aerosmith Guitar Bundle for PS3 for $19.99, the game alone was $9.99.

They also had a big rack of various $9.99 games at the front of the store. Mostly 2008 Basketball Games.

ok..went back today....and found Need For Speed: Pro Street for $5

Valkryia Chronicles is $15 and I kinda want to pick it up but im not a big RPG fan

I was also tempted to get Ninja Gaiden DS for $5

Gonna go back every day (its only 2 miles) in hopes that the DDRU3 bundle ($35) and Endwar PS3 bundle ($40) drop in price some more

Time to check those resistance prices again. My best buy finally drop the ce's from 72 to 44. I snagged one since I had 25 in rewardzone bucks anyways. I'm hoping it goes down in price within the next 45 days so I can price match it even lower..

Stopped by the Best Buy in North Aurora, IL today and they had quite a few games right at the front of the store for 75% off. Games I picked up, all PS3 were:

Monster Madness - $3.99 marked down from $15.99
Afro Samurai - $9.99 marked down from $39.99
History Channel Battlefield - $7.49 marked down from $29.99
NBA 09 - The Life - $14.99 marked down from $59.99
Wanted - Weapons of Fate - $12.49 marked down from $49.99

They had quite a few games from all systems. The store in Geneva, IL and South Elgin, ILright up the road were doing an 80% off rack but their selection was rather limited.

Nice haul today at Best Buy.

Picked up Saints Row 2 CE (PS3) for $19.99. I also picked up Resistance 2 CE for $23.99. Great, great prices.

I seen the Bin on Friday and snagged up the last Gear of War 2 limited edition, I also wanted the Resistance 2 so I waited till today to get it. To my amazement they had Fallout 3 Collectors edition for 30 so Got that instead of resistance. Best Buy I wub ooo.

Best Buy North Avenue in Chicago has the Endwars again for $19.99 and Dance Dance Revolution with the Pad for $9.99 (Going to pick one up now.)

[quote name='Darth Indy']Went to see if mine had Resistance 2 CE's but saw none. Anyone in Oklahoma seen them?[/QUOTE]

The Owasso Best Buy has them but they are still $55ish

HOLY CRAP!

I just snagged Endwar LE with headset fir 19.99! But it really should have been 39.99!

So I grabbed it off the shelf, said 39.99, no marking of 50% this shelf or anything, so I bring it down, it scans as 40 so I say "hey, shouldn't this be 50% off, I think you have to do it manually" So she shows it to someone and says "Are these still 50% off and the guy said yes. But the thing is, the price of 39.99 was probably already the 50% off price of the original 80 or 90.

There's another one on houston and bway in NYC for someone else to grab!

Awesome deal!

just my luck....the wireless headset doesn't even work. I returned it and the SECOND one doesn't work. WTF? I'm going to go tomorrow and request a non-bundled wireless headset

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']just my luck....the wireless headset doesn't even work. I returned it and the SECOND one doesn't work. WTF? I'm going to go tomorrow and request a non-bundled wireless headset[/QUOTE]

Are these the PS3 or 360 versions? I picked up the PS3 version for $6.99 at my BB as did my brother. Both headsets work fine for us.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']just my luck....the wireless headset doesn't even work. I returned it and the SECOND one doesn't work. WTF? I'm going to go tomorrow and request a non-bundled wireless headset[/QUOTE]

Umm... That would be stupid.

It's completely improbable that two headsets in a row didn't work.

Just charge the thing or call tech support and have them walk you through setting it up.

[quote name='manlai']chicago south loop bb had guitar hero ds, aerosmith, sf4 ce (xbx), re5 ce (xbx), left 4 dead, mercenaries 2, and other assorted games (some actually appealing if I remember correctly for 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Just came from that Best Buy.

They have Grid for 50%.

Other than that it was all 360 games and PS3 NFL Head Coach. So I wasn't interested.

[quote name='rainless']Umm... That would be stupid.

Just charge the thing or call tech support and have them walk you through setting it up.[/QUOTE]

I don't know wtf I'm doing wrong, and when I called microsoft they told me to return it to the retailer...thanks lol

It's simple, usb plug goes into 360 controller port and the small thing goes in the hole (lol im a child)

no lights are flashing indicating it's charging. 360 is on...

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']I don't know wtf I'm doing wrong, and when I called microsoft they told me to return it to the retailer...thanks lol

It's simple, usb plug goes into 360 controller port and the small thing goes in the hole (lol im a child)

no lights are flashing indicating it's charging. 360 is on...[/QUOTE]

Perhaps the 360 USB port isn't functioning properly. Have you tried plugging the headset into a known-working USB port on your PC with the PC on?

If something (like, say, Endwar) shows up on Best Buy's store pickup locator as "unavailable" for a certain store, is it still worth going and checking clearance tables for it? Do they remove clearance items from active inventory?

[quote name='RichterIX']If something (like, say, Endwar) shows up on Best Buy's store pickup locator as "unavailable" for a certain store, is it still worth going and checking clearance tables for it? Do they remove clearance items from active inventory?[/QUOTE]

They do sometimes. I have noticed that they have pretty aggressively been removing discontinued inventory from the web locator when I know for a fact they still have multiple copies of a particular game in the store. Not sure why that happens. Of the four stores closest to me, three out of the four have the End War bundles, but only one shows up on the web locator as having any.

[quote name='bojay1997']They do sometimes. I have noticed that they have pretty aggressively been removing discontinued inventory from the web locator when I know for a fact they still have multiple copies of a particular game in the store. Not sure why that happens. Of the four stores closest to me, three out of the four have the End War bundles, but only one shows up on the web locator as having any.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll go check out some Best Buy stores, then. I'm all the way in the Midwest, but a lot of people seem to be having pretty good luck finding these bundles for cheap.

Just out of curiosity, how much were your BBs carrying the bundle for?

[quote name='rainless']Umm... That would be stupid.

Just charge the thing or call tech support and have them walk you through setting it up.[/QUOTE]

I'm having the exact same problem... just got done returning the first one 'cause of the dead headset, and now the second one doesn't work.

I tried charging it from 2 different PCs and the 360 itself, there's no life in the battery right now (won't turn on), and it never indicates that it's charging in any USB port I've tried... same USB ports that have no problem charging my PS3 controller.

I think I'm just going to get a refund - I didn't know these headsets were that flakey.

And for the other guy having the same problem... I already tried to just trade out the headset, they said they couldn't do that.

[quote name='RichterIX']Cool, I'll go check out some Best Buy stores, then. I'm all the way in the Midwest, but a lot of people seem to be having pretty good luck finding these bundles for cheap.

Just out of curiosity, how much were your BBs carrying the bundle for?[/QUOTE]

It looks like the local stores and possibly others around the country are having an in-store special of $40 for either the 360 or PS3 bundle. There is actually a professionally printed shelf tag with the deal on it, so I would assume that it's not just YMMV, but I can only speak for the local stores here in Los Angeles.

[quote name='FrankieFiero']I'm having the exact same problem... just got done returning the first one 'cause of the dead headset, and now the second one doesn't work.

I tried charging it from 2 different PCs and the 360 itself, there's no life in the battery right now (won't turn on), and it never indicates that it's charging in any USB port I've tried... same USB ports that have no problem charging my PS3 controller.

I think I'm just going to get a refund - I didn't know these headsets were that flakey.

And for the other guy having the same problem... I already tried to just trade out the headset, they said they couldn't do that.[/QUOTE]

thanks, I'll try anyway tomorrow though. I'll just tell them it's a known defect apparently, and if they want they can open the box and switch out retail versus bundled headsets

[quote name='bojay1997']It looks like the local stores and possibly others around the country are having an in-store special of $40 for either the 360 or PS3 bundle. There is actually a professionally printed shelf tag with the deal on it, so I would assume that it's not just YMMV, but I can only speak for the local stores here in Los Angeles.[/QUOTE]
Those shelf tags can also vary from store to store. I have seen some that say Clearance on the top of them.

anyone have any advice for these faulty headsets? I'm going to feel pretty ridiculous going to best buy tomorrow and telling them I need a THIRD.

I'm going to get it from a different store in case this shipment was dropped on the head as a baby.

Oh and another question, is there any way I can buy a 360 headset off the shelf, then return it saying it doesn't work and I want a refund?

If that's the only way to get one that works, it doesn't really hurt anyone to do a swap. Either way BB sends out a faulty headset to Microsoft. Whether it also wastes a perfectly good copy of endwar is the only difference

I hope I'm not patronizing anyone having trouble with the PS3 headsets, but: did you try to pair the headset by plugging it into the PS3 and then directly into the headset itself (not into the cradle)? The number of people getting busted headsets seems suspiciously high.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']well mine were both for the 360. I plug the usb into the 360 and other end at the base of the headset and no chrge[/QUOTE]

Ditto... 2x dead 360 headsets, the problem isn't pairing - they don't have a charge and won't take one.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Oh and another question, is there any way I can buy a 360 headset off the shelf, then return it saying it doesn't work and I want a refund?

If that's the only way to get one that works, it doesn't really hurt anyone to do a swap. Either way BB sends out a faulty headset to Microsoft. Whether it also wastes a perfectly good copy of endwar is the only difference[/QUOTE]

I'd do that in a heartbeat.

As for what's wrong... I still think two dead headsets is improbable.

It may not be the headset. Could be the cord.

I would say that maybe if it was the ORIGINAL headset... that the made when the 360 was first released three years ago... and it's been sitting on a shelf since then... Well then MAYBE it would lose charge and not be any good.

But Endwar hasn't been out that long, so that's unlikely.

Try a different USB cord.Hit it against a table a couple of times. Sleep with it under your pillow...

It just has to be something ridiculous.

[quote name='FrankieFiero']Ditto... 2x dead 360 headsets, the problem isn't pairing - they don't have a charge and won't take one.[/QUOTE]

This is going to sound odd...but sometimes USB charge devices, when the battery is completely dead, can't be charged from a USB port because it can only put out so much voltage. So if you have a USB AC Adapter, meaning not a USB port on a PC or a hub or on the 360, Try using that, and it may work.

bread's done
Back