Official CAG Destiny Thread - Rise of Iron

I'm bach'ing it until Sunday, so I'm up for a raid or a nightfall pretty much any time until then. I can also do some more general stuff with a diverse fireteam because I'm still on the first step of the Outbreak Prime quest on my hunter and titan. I also need to get that quest on my warlock...
I think my Warlock is on the part where you enter the first code. I just completed that stuff randomly. My Hunter I think still needs some of initial steps before that. I also need a Nightfall on my Hunter so we could run that if nothing else. Of course getting a second one is not a priority now with the increased light cap - it would just be for an exotic shard which I don't really need (the Raid seems to like giving out 385's now that are just shard material). But I don't mind helping out if anyone needs it. I can also buy the two pieces for code entry on my Titan since I completed it on him, so if anyone needs a Titan for completing either step let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I LFG a group when I got home from work and did the heroic raid with challenge mode included.

I ended up with crap rewards.

2 X 400 Sidearms
2 X 385 Fusion Rifles
385 Auro Rifle
385 Arms
400 Boots
400 LMG
400 Exotic Chest from final boss chest
399 Telesto
385 Monte Carlo
400 Bond

I used keys at Vosik and one at the end. Still feel like a missed something but my postmaster only had 14 items when I was done so nothing got pushed out.

I didn't even know there was a sidearm.  I haven't gotten that yet.  And I'd take that 400 LMG and 400 exotic chest!  Looks like your only hard mode raid piece was the boots, though, so that does kind of suck.  And none of the hard mode primaries either.  Supposedly the boots are a guaranteed drop from the Challenge mode (and I've gotten them both times) but we had a guy last night who didn't get them.   He was pissed.

Yep right now my helmet and gloves are 398 so that's what's holding me back.
Before last night's Raid, my ghost was just 392. Then I got the 400 one. Forge just wouldn't give me any the other night after a couple of hours in there. Of course, after I got the 400 one, forge started giving me more...

Right now my heavy weapon is 397, and my other characters have lots of lower armor that needs to be bumped up. I took care of my Hunter's 386 chest piece with the extra 400 one I got for my Titan last night. But my Hunter's helm is still at 390 I think. I have a lot to do with those other guys. I won't see what they can be till I transfer all the weapons over, but I'm sure nowhere near the 399 of my Titan.

Did my last Nightfall via LFG and got exactly what I needed: a 400 heavy weapon.  Put that right into my Dark Drinker for the raid.  That was a relief after 20 strange coins and 10 3 of coins on my other 2 runs.

My Hunter is 398 and ready for the Raid and in desperate need of a new helmet - stuck at 390 there...  So I'd really like to get it done to completion on my Hunter tomorrow!

Xur is in the Reef and has crap (only legacy engram and none of the new exotics).

Did my last Nightfall via LFG and got exactly what I needed: a 400 heavy weapon. Put that right into my Dark Drinker for the raid. That was a relief after 20 strange coins and 10 3 of coins on my other 2 runs.

My Hunter is 398 and ready for the Raid and in desperate need of a new helmet - stuck at 390 there... So I'd really like to get it done to completion on my Hunter tomorrow!

Xur is in the Reef and has crap (only legacy engram and none of the new exotics).
Xur has heavy :) that's all I need from him

It looks like IB is back next week.  Also, this video shouldn't have only been the Honorable Mention:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqYm9nkG3bg

I'm probably going to have to return for some iron banner fun.... Which I will probably try to run on walls during...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

...and, just like that I found out I have to travel next week for work.  So no Aksis challenge mode and, apparently, no Iron Banner for me.  I might be back Friday night, but I might also have to stay over next weekend.  Blah.  And here I wanted to hole up and turn off all news and social media on Tuesday.  Vegging out and playing Iron Banner would have been perfect.  But instead I'll be surrounded by other people and will be hearing about it endlessly.  Gross.

So for sure I want to get my Hunter through the raid while I still can.  I'll definitely be looking to run that tonight or tomorrow.  Plus I need to get that Trials Festival of the Lost emblem.

I don't really have anywhere to be excited about this, so I'm going to post it here.
I finally took he time to finish festival of the lost on my titan.

In my package I pulled the prince mask...and a ghost ghost. Int/str roll but very excited about it anyway

IB was very nice to me last night:

400 Lingering Song

400 Clever Dragon (forgot how much this owns)

400 The Distant Star

400 The Silvered Dread (#heart)

400 Iron Saga Grips x 2 (or 3 maybe, I lose track)

400 Iron Breed Vest

400 Iron Regalia Boots

And also, unrelated, these exotics:

400 Super Good Advice from a Legendary Engram

399 Trespasser from a Legendary Engram I bought from the Cryptarch

I hate that Exotic Engrams aren't reliable for 400 LL equipment.  I remember at 335 it was either 334 or 335, but the rate at which 335 dropped was decent.  I probably went through two dozen Exotic Engrams when I was 397 and maybe four of them were higher light.  #IB4lyfe

I think I ended up

5 Pulse Rifles all 400
3 Machine Guns all 400
2 Ghosts at 400
3 Legs at 400
3 Chests at 400
3 Artifacts at 400

The bounties got me

Helmet at 400
Bond at 400
Sniper at 400
Fusion at 400

I think I ended up

5 Pulse Rifles all 400
3 Machine Guns all 400
2 Ghosts at 400
3 Legs at 400
3 Chests at 400
3 Artifacts at 400

The bounties got me

Helmet at 400
Bond at 400
Sniper at 400
Fusion at 400
You state that as though you are done. I'm only 1/3 of the way there. :D

Again the Fusion Rifle eludes me!

I'm coming home tomorrow!  Will look to IB to get me a lot of that 400 gear.  I hadn't even thought of that.

Played a little IB last night.  I got a 400 MG from the very first match (where I got dropped into a losing team so it didn't last long).  That was nice.  I played for no more than 2 hours and got another MG, a Clever Dragon, boots, helm, chest piece, and 2 exotics.  All at 400.  I only turned in 2 or 3 of my bounties so far and haven't even hit the rank 3 reward yet.  I'll definitely be playing this all weekend.  I have at least 2 sets of gear for each character that I need to get to 400: PvE (mostly for the raid) and PvP gear.  I still have a ways to go - some of my characters are still at 390 or worse on a few of the slots, especially on the PvP side.

What's the deal with the challenge mode this week?

Played a little IB last night. I got a 400 MG from the very first match (where I got dropped into a losing team so it didn't last long). That was nice. I played for no more than 2 hours and got another MG, a Clever Dragon, boots, helm, chest piece, and 2 exotics. All at 400. I only turned in 2 or 3 of my bounties so far and haven't even hit the rank 3 reward yet. I'll definitely be playing this all weekend. I have at least 2 sets of gear for each character that I need to get to 400: PvE (mostly for the raid) and PvP gear. I still have a ways to go - some of my characters are still at 390 or worse on a few of the slots, especially on the PvP side.

What's the deal with the challenge mode this week?
FYI, once your first character hits Rank 5 with IB, the amount of rep your other characters get is ridiculous. I spent WAY more time on my main getting to Rank 5 than I did with my 2nd.

FYI, once your first character hits Rank 5 with IB, the amount of rep your other characters get is ridiculous. I spent WAY more time on my main getting to Rank 5 than I did with my 2nd.
Isn't it just as long as any character is higher than the others? I plan on getting my Titan to rank 3, then starting on one of the others to get them to rank 4, then leapfrogging to the third to go to rank 5, then back to the Titan again. That's the way I've always done IB. The double bonus applied to any character that was a lower rank than the others. Hopefully they didn't change it to requiring rank 5 for the bonus.

Isn't it just as long as any character is higher than the others? I plan on getting my Titan to rank 3, then starting on one of the others to get them to rank 4, then leapfrogging to the third to go to rank 5, then back to the Titan again. That's the way I've always done IB. The double bonus applied to any character that was a lower rank than the others. Hopefully they didn't change it to requiring rank 5 for the bonus.
I assume it's the same, but I powered my main to Rank 5 before starting my other two.

No more rank 3 and 5 packages.

I swear if my team wins only one person gets an IB drop. If we lose all but one or two get a drop. Makes me want to throw every match to increase my odds.

No more rank 3 and 5 packages.

I swear if my team wins only one person gets an IB drop. If we lose all but one or two get a drop. Makes me want to throw every match to increase my odds.

The R3/R5 drops were based on that quest that Efrideet gives you, and that's only once per character. This is the first time I've put my Warlock and Titan through IB so they both have the quest and those extra drops. I can't count how many 400 MG I've gotten from matches and those quests...

I've had decent IB drops.  Got me from 388 to 391.  I got the hand cannon with a good roll and I'm loving that thing. 

On a fluke, I LFG'd into an Aksis Phase 2 heroic group.  I have never played the hard raid except with a crap team for 20 minutes at Vosik.  Well, one go, and we got it.  It was by far the easiest run at Aksis I've ever attempted (on normal).  Got that and the iron song achievement today. 

Question that I should probably know the answer to.....do factions rank rewards drop higher than 390?  I ranked up with the vanguard, Shaxx, and New Monarchy last night and all of them gave drops at 390 and I'm 392. 

Question that I should probably know the answer to.....do factions rank rewards drop higher than 390? I ranked up with the vanguard, Shaxx, and New Monarchy last night and all of them gave drops at 390 and I'm 392.
Yeah, running IB is really the best way to get to 400 now. Between the primaries, heavies, chest, boots, ghost, and artifact drops you should be able to get all those slots ranked up. And then you ought to get a smattering of exotics and the bounty rewards as well for, hopefully, other slots.

I really need more chest pieces, which are actually supposed to be drops this time. But damn, IB seems to only want to give me heavy machine guns (and boots if it is armor - which is the most useless slot to get multiple 400's for IMO). I swear I've gotten more HMG than everything else combined. I was able to max out several including all three of my Tormod's Bellows (so each character can have that PvP RL in reserve). So that's nice I guess - saves me a few seconds of switching weapons around when I just from character to character. I've also gotten a fair number of secondaries (just randomly from exotic engrams and the bounties). Luckily I got 2 helmets from the bounties as well. That bumped my Hunter's helm slot from 390 to 400 in one step. I still need a 395+ helmet for my Warlock though.

I'll be looking to finish up IB tonight and I also have 2 more Nightfalls to run through if anyone wants to do that.

I may try to LFG the raid even though I have no idea what the challenge is. My last attempt to LFG hard mode ended in miserable failure, though, when the team I was on couldn't even clear one damage phase on Vosiks.

Question that I should probably know the answer to.....do factions rank rewards drop higher than 390? I ranked up with the vanguard, Shaxx, and New Monarchy last night and all of them gave drops at 390 and I'm 392.
Yeah, running IB is really the best way to get to 400 now. Between the primaries, heavies, chest, boots, ghost, and artifact drops you should be able to get all those slots ranked up. And then you ought to get a smattering of exotics and the bounty rewards as well for, hopefully, other slots.

I really need more chest pieces. But damn, IB seems to only want to give me heavy machine guns. I swear I've gotten more of those than everything else combined. I was able to max out several including all three of my Tormod's Bellows (so each character can have that PvP RL in reserve). So that's nice - saves me a few seconds of switching weapons around when I just from character to character. I've also gotten a fair number of secondaries (just randomly from exotic engrams and the bounties). Luckily I got 2 helmets from the bounties as well. That bumped my Hunter from 390 to 400 in one step. I still need a 395+ helmet for my Warlock though.

I really need more chest pieces, which are actually supposed to be drops this time. But damn, IB seems to only want to give me heavy machine guns (and boots if it is armor - which is the most useless slot to get multiple 400's for IMO). I swear I've gotten more HMG than everything else combined. I was able to max out several including all three of my Tormod's Bellows (so each character can have that PvP RL in reserve). So that's nice I guess - saves me a few seconds of switching weapons around when I just from character to character. I've also gotten a fair number of secondaries (just randomly from exotic engrams and the bounties). Luckily I got 2 helmets from the bounties as well. That bumped my Hunter's helm slot from 390 to 400 in one step. I still need a 395+ helmet for my Warlock though.

I'll be looking to finish up IB tonight and I also have 2 more Nightfalls to run through if anyone wants to do that.

I may try to LFG the raid even though I have no idea what the challenge is. My last attempt to LFG hard mode ended in miserable failure, though, when the team I was on couldn't even clear one damage phase on Vosiks.
I might be able to run nightfall tonight around 9:30/10:00 if you're going to be on that early.

I might be able to run nightfall tonight around 9:30/10:00 if you're going to be on that early.

Eastern? Yeah I can do that. Its miserable and rainy out so I'm at home today and can get on early. In fact I might get soon and do some IB. Just let me know when you are ready for the NF.

I could be on tonight for some IB and a hard mode clear. I do have a Phase 2 checkpoint I think since that's where my LFG group phased out on Tuesday afternoon.

The challenge mode is that you have to have one of the other empowered people slam the Servitor plate that lights up before you slam his back. And you have to do that for each teleport phase.

Eastern? Yeah I can do that. Its miserable and rainy out so I'm at home today and can get on early. In fact I might get soon and do some IB. Just let me know when you are ready for the NF.
Central. If that still works.

Moose and I 2-manned the Nightfall.  It's not too bad this week.  I still need one more that I'll be doing Monday evening.

Then I went back to IB and instead of giving me heavy weapons it started giving me boots.  Lots and lots of boots ;).  I did get one chest piece and was able to bump my Warlock's Voidfang Vestments up from 386 to 400 for PvP.  That was nice - those grenades upon spawn are awesome.

I'll be running IB a bit more Monday in the hopes of getting another chest piece though.

Those of you looking for good rolled Clever Dragons, you do not want range perks. You want stability.

Good rolls(I have this one) : Hand Laid Stock, High Caliber Rounds, Counter Balance

Perfect Balance, HCR, Counter Balance

Braced Frame, HCR, Counter Balance

Personally if you don't have HCR in the middle tree I wouldn't even bother. No other perk is worth a shit IMO

Those of you looking for good rolled Clever Dragons, you do not want range perks. You want stability.

Good rolls(I have this one) : Hand Laid Stock, High Caliber Rounds, Counter Balance

Personally if you don't have HCR in the middle tree I wouldn't even bother. No other perk is worth a shit IMO
I wish you had posted this yesterday. I think I had one with 2 stability perks and I got rid of it in favor of one with range perks! It may not have had HCR in the middle though.

Edit: Hmmm, it looks like I kept another one. How is this?

Perfect Balance, Armor Piercing Rounds, Glass Half Full (or Life Support)

My other one: Send It, Appended Magazine, Headseeker

I thought Headseeker was the preferred perk for pulse rifles?

However, I have actually been using the Raid Pulse (Steel Medulla) for IB and have been very successful with that. The auto fire makes it like a longer-range auto rifle and the 4th burst doing extra damage usually procs as a headshot so that is pretty good. I seem to be 50-50 on firefights with people using Clever Dragon. For my old reflexes, not having to pump the trigger like crazy is much better. I just see no one else using it.

I wish you had posted this yesterday. I think I had one with 2 stability perks and I got rid of it in favor of one with range perks! It may not have had HCR in the middle though.

However, I have actually been using the Raid Pulse (Steel Medulla) for IB and have been very successful with that. The auto fire makes it like a longer-range auto rifle and the 4th burst doing extra damage usually procs as a headshot so that is pretty good. I seem to be 50-50 on firefights with people with Clever Dragon. For my old reflexes, not having to pump the trigger like crazy is much better. I jus see no one else using it.
I think the vendor roll has two out of the three perks. So you could always buy one and infuse one of your others into it.

Does HCR mean anything in PvP, or are you speaking only for PvE?

I think the vendor roll has two out of the three perks. So you could always buy one and infuse one of your others into it.

I see these perks on the Vendor version:

Iron Red Dot / Iron Warrior Sights / Iron Ranged Scope

Perfect Balance / Braced Frame

Snapshot / Casket Mag

Counterbalance / Life Support

I've seen three different types of Gear drops from IB:

Iron Saga

Iron Regalia

Iron Breed

What determines which you get? My hunter has three Iron Breed Vests and neither of Iron Saga or Iron Regalia. I think the Iron Breed Vest looks badass so I'm happy with it, but I wouldn't mind having all three. :)

I see these perks on the Vendor version:

Iron Red Dot / Iron Warrior Sights / Iron Ranged Scope

Perfect Balance / Braced Frame

Snapshot / Casket Mag

Counterbalance / Life Support

I've seen three different types of Gear drops from IB:

Iron Saga

Iron Regalia

Iron Breed

What determines which you get? My hunter has three Iron Breed Vests and neither of Iron Saga or Iron Regalia. I think the Iron Breed Vest looks badass so I'm happy with it, but I wouldn't mind having all three. :)
It was because of that fairly useless middle perk that I didn't get the vendor pulse.

As for the gear, the Iron Saga stuff is the new gear. The others are from older Iron Banner iterations I'm pretty sure. I think I had most of it already in any case. Now I seem to be getting 90% new stuff. I instantly use the older stuff for infusion since I already have most, if not all, of that and I have no room. In fact I've been getting rid of some of the Iron Companion gear (yet another iteration).

I'd also recommend buying the vendor armor and infusing any of the new stuff you get from drops (talking boots/chest here) since the vendor rolls across the board are near max. I bought all 6 pieces from there (2 each for all 3 classes) and nothing I've gotten for a drop has come close to them.

Anybody want to do heroic mode phase 2 tonight? I have had no luck with LFG groups today at all. At this point I don't even want to do challenge mode and I just want to get it done.

I really need more chest pieces. But damn, IB seems to only want to give me heavy machine guns. I swear I've gotten more of those than everything else combined. I was able to max out several including all three of my Tormod's Bellows (so each character can have that PvP RL in reserve). So that's nice - saves me a few seconds of switching weapons around when I just from character to character. I've also gotten a fair number of secondaries (just randomly from exotic engrams and the bounties). Luckily I got 2 helmets from the bounties as well. That bumped my Hunter from 390 to 400 in one step. I still need a 395+ helmet for my Warlock though.
I just counted, and I have 4 Silvered Dread MG's between my three characters, and this is after using 3 of them to make my exotic swords 400. But lately, I've been getting the RL (The Titanium Orchid). Before they started dropping I didn't even know there was an IB RL.

Does HCR mean anything in PvP, or are you speaking only for PvE?

However, I have actually been using the Raid Pulse (Steel Medulla) for IB and have been very successful with that. The auto fire makes it like a longer-range auto rifle and the 4th burst doing extra damage usually procs as a headshot so that is pretty good. I seem to be 50-50 on firefights with people using Clever Dragon. For my old reflexes, not having to pump the trigger like crazy is much better. I jus see no one else using it.
PVP. Also Armor Piercing is pretty worthless. The gun is a Grasp archetype so you want stability

I had Clever Dragon from last IB even and using it now with the new rolls I have been able to get my hands on I prefer, Perfect Balance, Snapshot and Headseeker.

People seem to act like Snapshot is a throwaway perk but I most certainly do not think so. Maybe it is just play style? Also headseeker makes three bursting super easy. I never get in really long range encounters so I have never felt the gun needed THAT much more stability personally. Again, likely just comes down to play style because I still consistently land on top when I play PvP (when I am not half-assed barely there just waiting to get post game rewards : P)

I had Clever Dragon from last IB even and using it now with the new rolls I have been able to get my hands on I prefer, Perfect Balance, Snapshot and Headseeker.

People seem to act like Snapshot is a throwaway perk but I most certainly do not think so. Maybe it is just play style? Also headseeker makes three bursting super easy. I never get in really long range encounters so I have never felt the gun needed THAT much more stability personally. Again, likely just comes down to play style because I still consistently land on top when I play PvP (when I am not half-assed barely there just waiting to get post game rewards : P)
I think people don't factor in play style very often. I know a lot of people dismissed Outbreak Prime for PvP but I have been using it and those Siva shards have saved my butt quite a few times. I found myself more effective with that than any other gun in my arsenal.

I think people don't factor in play style very often. I know a lot of people dismissed Outbreak Prime for PvP but I have been using it and those Siva shards have saved my butt quite a few times. I found myself more effective with that than any other gun in my arsenal.

I agree I would much rather use the Outbreak Prime before any of the Clever Dragons I have got from drops or the vendor. I have not got lucky enough for one to drop with both headseeker and HCR which might change my mind.

Some of the big PvP streamers did tests and Headseeker was marginal IIRC, may have changed with meta so not 100% sure. During the grasp farming times yeah Headseeker was desirable but stability perks were regarded as god roll. Snapshot I can take it or leave it on a primary, a shotty or sniper yes give it to me.

Snapshot on a dragon is also a middle tree perk, which is where HCR is. So therefore for most a throwaway perk

Didn't even touch the raid this week until 9pm last night but got my Challenge mode clear in.  Mechanics make the fight much easier and you can probably down Aksis in 2 dps phases if your team is efficient with using their supers.  

I did run IB on all characters and have more than enough 400 weapons and armor now.  Was only missing one 400 helmet to get my hunter there and used a skeleton key on the NF to get a 400 Malok helmet.  Of course my NF reward ended up being a 400 exotic helmet (Mask of the 3rd Man).  Also got a Sparrow Toolkit from one of my NFs, which I didn't even know was a drop.

The clever dragon might have changed me to a pulse rifle user in the crucible from the MIDA.  I didn't even get a god roll and I was still outgunning most people.  

Some of the big PvP streamers did tests and Headseeker was marginal IIRC, may have changed with meta so not 100% sure. During the grasp farming times yeah Headseeker was desirable but stability perks were regarded as god roll. Snapshot I can take it or leave it on a primary, a shotty or sniper yes give it to me.

Snapshot on a dragon is also a middle tree perk, which is where HCR is. So therefore for most a throwaway perk
HCR was tested with RoI in PvP and Pulse Rifles showed little to no difference. PvE it was noticeable with the bursts to stagger but in PvP pulse rifles didn't seem to be causing any extra flinch with HCR. I only care to use Clever Dragon for PvP so to me HCR is not really a priority.

bread's done
Back