Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why people would... I mean I would of been more surprised if they handled these any different from what they did with Tomb Raider...

And it looks like this will be EXACTLY like tomb raider... both consoles get G1, all stores will get a boat load of inventory---most likely the entire first run will be steelbooks.
my store only got 3 of each and they are a very high volume store. i dont even know if they have enough to cover pre-orders so i cant comment on other stores but i would go out and pre-order now if you are interested.

Never understood why people cared what the steelbook was between G1 or G2. It's a couple centimeters bigger than the other size. Oh no!

As long as the design is nice, it shouldn't matter.

Never understood why people cared what the steelbook was between G1 or G2. It's a couple centimeters bigger than the other size. Oh no!

I've never cared if its G1 or G2. I just know that some people do. Man if a high volume store only got 3 couples it seems a bit troubling since Target doesn't really hold your preorder.

Crazy talk. Size absolutely matters!

Seriously though, G1 is considered old school, a DVD. G2 was introduced with bluray. It's newer, hence seen as 'better'.

Not really a big deal, but it won't fit on a shelf sized to fit blu rays and PS3 games.

The (German?) steelbook of FFXIII-2 was G1 also, so at least consistent.

my store only got 3 of each and they are a very high volume store. i dont even know if they have enough to cover pre-orders so i cant comment on other stores but i would go out and pre-order now if you are interested.
It's 1/31; you don't think that more inventory will come before 2/11?

My store which serves a very small market had at least 20 preorder cards for both systems.

I've never cared if its G1 or G2. I just know that some people do. Man if a high volume store only got 3 couples it seems a bit troubling since Target doesn't really hold your preorder.
there is still 2 weeks before release so im sure they will get more but then again ive seen this store gets limited editions in the first shipment and never get them again. If you are interested in this, i say go on day one to pick it up. you are right most stores dont hold your pre-order but mine does,so ill pick mine up later in the day so i can sleep.I just say go early otherwise im sure we'll hear stories of "el hoardo" claiming all the copies

• Will pre-purchasing or pre-ordering give me early access to the game?If players pre-purchase the Digital Standard or Digital Imperial Edition for PC/Mac from The Elder Scrolls Online Store (https://store.elderscrollsonline.com), they'll receive five days of early access to the game. Additional PC/Mac early access programs are available through participating retailers - players can contact their preferred outlet to inquire. We have not announced plans for early access on console formats.
Has Best Buy confirmed that they will be sending out codes or whatever to provide early access? According to ESO FAQ, it appears it's only guaranteed if ordered from them directly.

Ugh I already have the CE of LR: FFXIII but I really want that Steelbook as well...I wonder how much they'll be after market.  Maybe it's worth pre-ordering and then just selling the LR game and code right away?

Ugh I already have the CE of LR: FFXIII but I really want that Steelbook as well...I wonder how much they'll be after market. Maybe it's worth pre-ordering and then just selling the LR game and code right away?
im sure you can make up most of, if not all of the cost if you sell the game and dlc right away

I have to believe you were purposely trying to stir trouble with this post, but to let you understand why people make a big deal is ps3 and 360 cases. Me myself only really collect ps3 steelbooks, not 360, so the G1 and G2 size makes a difference

On a side note, I wasn't planning on buying Elder Scrolls Online, but with a 12' statue, I think I might have to drop a ps4 pre order!

my question is how does target get these exclusive steelbook preorder deals? it isn't exactly known as a place for gaming. especially gamestop does not even get some of these steelbooks.

my question is how does target get these exclusive steelbook preorder deals? it isn't exactly known as a place for gaming. especially gamestop does not even get some of these steelbooks.
$

They've been doing this a lot lately, just usually with movies. I know 2 of the last 3 DC Animated movies (Batman: Dark Knight Returns Complete and Justice League: WAR that comes out this Tuesday) have had Target-exclusive Steelbooks. Other movies have as well. There's a thread in the Blu-Ray/DVD forum that keeps track of all the Steelbooks worldwide (well at least NA & Europe.)

It does look weird on the shelf. Sometimes it can't be helped. I have the PS3 Borderlands 2 Loot Chest Edition Steelbook housing my 360 copy of the game as my local GS kept it for me when someone traded it in as they know I collect Steelbooks.

M1FIIeo.jpg

got to see these close up today and it looks pretty nice
Me gusta. BTW, if your Target is dumb like mine and only got pre-order cards for one system, just get it and exchange the game for the system you want on release day. Better than missing out on the $5 GC just because they have incompetent stockers.

$

They've been doing this a lot lately, just usually with movies. I know 2 of the last 3 DC Animated movies (Batman: Dark Knight Returns Complete and Justice League: WAR that comes out this Tuesday) have had Target-exclusive Steelbooks. Other movies have as well. There's a thread in the Blu-Ray/DVD forum that keeps track of all the Steelbooks worldwide (well at least NA & Europe.)
that reminds me, hey guys please vote +1 over at bestbuy forum for future video game releases to have steelbooks as preorder bonus

.http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Bring-FutureShop-s-Best-Buy-Subsidiary-Gaming-Steelbook-Program/idi-p/776127

Anyone preorder ESo: imperial edition from game stop and get their early access code? I ordered right after they went live with it...and no code yet. Supposed to go out, according to the site, within 2 days of ordering. Emailed them about it, but no reply, yet. Just wondering if everyone is seeing the delay or just me.

I cant seem to find the FFXIV PS4 Collectors edition on amazon yet. Is it only available from the Square store for now?

anyone have a extra copy of PO for :

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Special Edition CE PSV

please pm ( i miss it went it was live)

I'm a huge FPS/Sci-Fi fan and I can't justify that $200/$250 for the Titanfall CE, I'm more then happy with the standard from BB. That ESO one however has my eye for $80 after the discount.

hopefuly titanfall ce stay out of stock.  got a couple pre-order and would like sell the other to subsidize the one i'm keeping.  

If they (Titanfall CE) aren't reselling for significantly more then MSRP prior to release then they never will. No reason to have to deal with returning a bunch. Just look at the market a week before release and make a decision based on what IS happening not what you WANT to happen.

If they (Titanfall CE) aren't reselling for significantly more then MSRP prior to release then they never will. No reason to have to deal with returning a bunch. Just look at the market a week before release and make a decision based on what IS happening not what you WANT to happen.
^This. I have two preordered currently. One to keep and one to potentially sell. If I don't see any market for it then I will just cancel my GameStop preorder as I made that one in store.

I'm not sure about the steelbook honestly, but I know for sure the $10 rewards bonus applies to CEs
Cool, im in for the :ps4:. Thanks for confirming the bonus will apply to the CE.

that reminds me, hey guys please vote +1 over at bestbuy forum for future video game releases to have steelbooks as preorder bonus

.http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Bring-FutureShop-s-Best-Buy-Subsidiary-Gaming-Steelbook-Program/idi-p/776127
Done.

What are the odds that the Tales of Symphonia CE will get extra shipments for non pre orders at gamestops?

I tried to put a pre-order down a few weeks ago but they stopped taking reserves :(.

What are the odds that the Tales of Symphonia CE will get extra shipments for non pre orders at gamestops?

I tried to put a pre-order down a few weeks ago but they stopped taking reserves :(.
Virtually 0 I'd guess. It sold out universally, even on their own site. Unless someone cancels or something (Though I'm sure employees and their friends would have first dibs).

Even when I worked there, we almost never got extra copies of a CE unless it was a Gamestop exclusive one and was for a super popular series. (CoD, Halo, etc), and even then that was rare.

hey guys sorry to spam, and bump the thread, but please just take a few minutess of your time, and make account over at the bestbuy forum, and vote +1 for steelbook for all future video game releases at bestbuy
They couldnt even get my pre-ordered game in stock during release week (Nor cared enough to resolve the issue). Don't see why they would even care about that

They couldnt even get my pre-ordered game in stock during release week (Nor cared enough to resolve the issue). Don't see why they would even care about that
i can understand your frustration, but it does not hurt to try. all you gotta do it is vote, sort of like a poll. lol

I know you had that issue, but honestly every CE I have ever ordered from BB has arrived perfectly, I know it sucks about your order but it seems to be something that isn't super common with them

I voted for you guys, but still...its Best Buy, I wouldnt hold my breath.

Seems like half the CE's I ordered from Best Buy had an problem. (Either not arriving, or being sold somehow). Plus their stupid authorization/card pinging process keeps me far away from ordering anything expensive. (Had them triple charge me for Fire Emblem Awakening while waiting for launch)

I voted for you guys, but still...its Best Buy, I wouldnt hold my breath.

Seems like half the CE's I ordered from Best Buy had an problem. (Either not arriving, or being sold somehow). Plus their stupid authorization/card pinging process keeps me far away from ordering anything expensive. (Had them triple charge me for Fire Emblem Awakening while waiting for launch)
Best Buy is usually good about orders and I had a perfect track record with them until recently. I had ordered two copies of a CE and they only had one for me when I went to go to pick it up at the store. I got the confirm email saying it was ready for pick up and boom only one copy. I complained and eventually got a $50 gift card. With that said I had to wait there for at least 30 mins or so because the staff was so incompetent. I shouldn't have to be the one to say can I talk to a manager.

I also hate how they do the authorization. I almost lost some Xbone preorders because it pinged my card multiple times and my credit card company thought it was fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back