Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
wait, are you saying you think the $150 edition of the order won't sell out? cos would love to pick that up down the line.
It depends how many people are on the hype train.

If people are really excited for it (ESO Online comes to mind). Then yes it will sell out.

The premium edition becoming a new post-pandemic all depends on where it's sold and if the game is good.  The fact that it's already being sold at Amazon is already one strike against it.

nvm, since amazon has it, it will end up being $70 on awd for the premium edition due to return, because of a small smudge on the outer box

What was the last really valuable amazon exclusive CE? Fallout 3? Then the Zero Escape VLR/bracelet bundles?

I'm just asking out of curiosity. 

^ hmmm. probably bravely default ce. thought cos amazon, bestbuy and gamestop all had it i could get it day one in store. def kicking myself over not preordering. 

^ hmmm. probably bravely default ce. thought cos amazon, bestbuy and gamestop all had it i could get it day one in store. def kicking myself over not preordering.
ummm... if amazon gamestop and best buy carried it (which they all did) then by definition it isn't an amazon exclusive is it?

^ you're absolutely right. i guess i was just more answering the "valuable" part of your question. cos the premise of your question is availability = < value? and bravely default proves the exception to the rule?

I'm not sure if I want it (the CE) so I just pre ordered and figure I can cancel later if need be

Edit: are the 3ds xl and vita the same legnth? I was thinking I could use this case for my vita when I get it if it is. I looked online, but all I get is screen size comparison

Amazon is usually the first site to run out for collectors editions since you aren't charged until it ships. The other sites you get charged right away.

They didn't "run out".

This happens everytime with amazon really. 99% of the time they come back in stock in a few days, a week or a month but they will come back. Only thing I can guess is amazon puts a limit on pre order numbers till they get a better idea of how many they will be getting, or something a long those lines.

But Ive seen dozens of CE go out of stock only to return shortly. Sometimes they do it with regular versions of games also, like all those dumbasses that actually believed amazon sold out of Mario kart 8 pre orders haha.

Far Cry 4 Collectors Edition up at Amazon as well for $130

http://www.amazon.com/Far-Cry-4-PlayStation/dp/B00KAED850/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402408530&sr=8-1&keywords=far+cry+4

• The Far Cry 4 Collector's Edition is the ultimate package. It includes: 

•  Far Cry 4 Limited Edition game with a set of 3 bonus missions and a harpoon gun

•  7.9 inch figurine of the villain Pagan Min seated on an elephant throne
    •  16.5x30 inch Pagan Min propaganda poster
    •  Travel Journal
    •  Map of the Himalayan open-world of Kyrat
    •  Exclusive collector's box

http://www.amazon.com/Far-Cry-4-PlayStation/dp/B00KAED850/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1402408530&amp;sr=8-1&amp;keywords=far+cry+4

• Far Cry 4 Limited Edition game with a set of 3 bonus missions and a harpoon gun

• 7.9 inch figurine of the villain Pagan Min seated on an elephant throne
    • 16.5x30 inch Pagan Min propaganda poster
    • Travel Journal
    • Map of the Himalayan open-world of Kyrat
    • Exclusive collector's box
Yeah...no thanks. This just makes the $79.99 CE for The Order: 1886 look that much better in terms of value.

&lt;p&gt;

http://www.amazon.com/Far-Cry-4-PlayStation/dp/B00KAED850/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1402408530&amp;sr=8-1&amp;keywords=far+cry+4

• Far Cry 4 Limited Edition game with a set of 3 bonus missions and a harpoon gun

• 7.9 inch figurine of the villain Pagan Min seated on an elephant throne
    • 16.5x30 inch Pagan Min propaganda poster
    • Travel Journal
    • Map of the Himalayan open-world of Kyrat
    • Exclusive collector's box
Knowing Ubisoft, thid CE will dropnin price a month after release. Rule of thumb is to never buy Ubisoft CE at MSRP release

Preordered the Persona Q CE, already have the 3DS LL coming from Japan, so might as well grab the CE...

Undecided if I want The Order or not.

Knowing Ubisoft, thid CE will dropnin price a month after release. Rule of thumb is to never buy Ubisoft CE at MSRP release
LOL.. they made CE's for all five platforms? This is guaranteed to get a significant drop. If you're not tied to a specific platform and you just want the CE's for the extras there is no reason to preorder this at MSRP.

Dunno if would be considered a CE, but:

Nintendo GameCube controller for Super Smash Bros.: Many Super Smash Bros. fans grew up playing Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo GameCube system, and some will always prefer that system's controller. The Nintendo GameCube controller also could be used in Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii. To honor that devoted loyalty to a classic way to play, Nintendo is introducing an adapter that lets up to four original Nintendo GameCube or WaveBird controllers work with Wii U. The adapter will be available at a suggested retail price of $19.99. Nintendo is also launching a retro Nintendo GameCube controller with Super Smash Bros. markings at a suggested retail price of $29.99. Additionally, Nintendo is offering a special bundle that includes Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, one special Nintendo GameCube controller and one adapter at a suggested retail price of $99.99. All of these items are scheduled to launch the same day as Super Smash Bros. for Wii U this holiday season.

And of course, I like the steelbook in the Guillotine version more... dammit.

*edit* It's a Futurepak (Metalpak). Desire went down a bit.

Whew.  That took a bit, that is what I get for going on vacation I guess.  Well that and being kind of a lazy sack since I got back. ;)

I think I got everything that has been announced....

Madden NFL 15 Ultimate Edition for PS3/4, XBox 360/One

$69.99 MSRP

Gamestop exclusive? (Official Madden Ultimate Team twitter tweeted out GS links but no one else)

http://t.co/kKFpUkedSc

http://t.co/EKe6WbAr01

http://t.co/3ZFUFIgzNY

http://t.co/WVX0p1TWyA

30 free MUT Pro Packs (given out 3 every week for first 10 weeks of NFL season)

Exclusive Draft Class MUT Pack containing 10 of the first round draft picks

May stack with the preorder promo of getting $15 in free Pro packs (depends of if GS has that print on the receipt or if it's something in all regular versions of the first print run since all retailers have it. If that's the case then I'd say no since EA wouldn't double dip intentionally.)

LOL Sports CE/LE
It's cheaper than most other CE being only a $10 upgrade and you could say it has more value as it's giving you $45 of free content with the free 31 MUT packs.

But if you don't like sports, then ya it won't appeal to you, but don't knock the value of this.

i am guessing the uplay shop exclusive collectors edition are only available on uplay.com at msrp price? i wish they would actually just release the uplay shop exclusive collectors edition as the main collectors edition in the US. the content difference is night and day. is uplay shop exclusive CE handled by digital rivers as well?

Does anyone know if the hold that BBY put on your CC for PO keeps appearing back and forth? I have GCU which will really benefit me with the expensive prices of CE's but I PO from Amazon anyways to be safe. They could've at least added a Steelbook on the Assassins Creed CE for that price. I'm sure some or most of these will be rare since they're mainly for next gen only, I haven't seen AC IV or Watchdogs CE available yet after release.

Well that Persona Q PE isn't stupid overpriced.

Seriously, they couldn't even give you the rest of the arcana for the premium edition? Just a CD, a hard case that only half your audience can use, and an "artbook"? Is this "artbook" going to be like the Etrian Odyssey Untold one, Atlus? Because that didn't really count.

But hey, at least it's only $30 more than the $50 base edition of a non-canon crossover. Yeah!

...I'm sorry, I'm really disappointed right now, ignore me.

Does anyone know if the hold that BBY put on your CC for PO keeps appearing back and forth? I have GCU which will really benefit me with the expensive prices of CE's but I PO from Amazon anyways to be safe. They could've at least added a Steelbook on the Assassins Creed CE for that price. I'm sure some or most of these will be rare since they're mainly for next gen only, I haven't seen AC IV or Watchdogs CE available yet after release.
Best Buy will put reoccurring charges on your CC. Once when you preorder and one or two times more depending on the time frame between when the order is placed and when it is picked up. If you are worried go buy a Best Buy gift card and use that to place your order instead of having an open order sit on your CC.

it keeps appearing back and forth.

Well that Persona Q PE isn't stupid overpriced.

Seriously, they couldn't even give you the rest of the arcana for the premium edition? Just a CD, a hard case that only half your audience can use, and an "artbook"? Is this "artbook" going to be like the Etrian Odyssey Untold one, Atlus? Because that didn't really count.

But hey, at least it's only $30 more than the $50 base edition of a non-canon crossover. Yeah!

...I'm sorry, I'm really disappointed right now, ignore me.
The artbook looks like it might be the size of the Xenoblade/Demon's Souls artbook, which is about half a page, but not full size. The CD sampler might have very few songs as well. The case, however, did sell in Japan for like $25 alone. Not saying it's worth getting excited about. Actually, I've just made myself less excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back