Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']I think UC3 will take a little longer to drop since t's Uncharted and will likely sell much better than those games did. I think most CE's do drop in price however, I wouldn't consider that a Sony thing. On the other hand, some CE's that Sony has put out have become much harder to find including LBP2's CE and GT5's.

Personally I don't care for the UC3 CE. I like the box it comes in but really have no need or space for it. I definitely don't need the drake statue, or buckle. Really, I just want the Steelbook and nothing else :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the problem for me is not waiting for a drop, but knowing when to get a CE/LE before they thin out (meaning a much higher price in the long run, and less chance for me getting it). I regret more when I don't get a CE than when I pay too much for a CE

I wish there was a store that would sell only the special tin cases. That's all i really want. I could care less for the dlc or artbook. Like , Say i bought a regular edition batman: ac, just go to lets say a website and just order the steelbook from there. No game just cases. Maybe I should start my own company that sells these things. Order about 5k cases of each game or movie that comes out. And sell them for about 5 to 10 bucks a pop, i think it would be pretty cool.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City [Special Edition]

388262_288097721211122_185275861493309_961217_884375225_n.jpg

Features

• Pre-order the Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Special Edition and receive the U.S.S. Costume Pack which includes six alternate costumes, including one for Vector, Lupo, Bertha, Spectre, Four Eyes and Beltway
  • Special Edition includes the Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City game, SteelBook case with exclusive art, a stylized foil sleeve, Umbrella Security Service patch, Spec Ops Field Unit embroidered patch and eight bonus weapons
  • Take on the role of an Umbrella Security Service soldier as you enter Raccoon City to destroy the evidence of a deadly T-virus outbreak and eliminate any survivors
  • Fight alongside other soldiers in this third-person team-based shooter set within the dark and creepy Resident Evil universe
  • Battle against a team of elite soldiers dispatched by the U.S. government as well as terrifying zombies and Bio-Organic Weapons (B.O.W.s) in adrenaline-pumping action
  • Compete alone in Campaign mode or enlist the assistance of up to three other players in four-player co-op team battles
  • Prepare for a distinct combat experience that breaks the norms of traditional team-based shooters in online multiplayer modes that let you clash with the Umbrella Security Service, U.S. Special Ops and the threat of zombies and B.O.W.s
  • Rewrite the events surrounding the Raccoon City outbreak by destroying all evidence of Umbrella's involvement and uncovering UBCS operative Nicholai Ginovaef's true intentions
  • Encounter memorable Resident Evil enemies, iconic landmarks and characters, including Leon S. Kennedy and Hunk
  • Become engaged in the terrifying and thrilling action with the ominous setting of the Resident Evil universe
  • Take the combat online in multiplayer modes that feature unique three-corner combat between the Umbrella Security Service, U.S. Special Ops and the threat of zombies and B.O.W.s
  • For 1 to 4 players

Best Buy - PS3 - Xbox 360

Price: $69.99
Release Date: 3/20/12

[quote name='ssjmichael']I think UC3 will take a little longer to drop since t's Uncharted and will likely sell much better than those games did. I think most CE's do drop in price however, I wouldn't consider that a Sony thing. On the other hand, some CE's that Sony has put out have become much harder to find including LBP2's CE and GT5's.

Personally I don't care for the UC3 CE. I like the box it comes in but really have no need or space for it. I definitely don't need the drake statue, or buckle. Really, I just want the Steelbook and nothing else :D[/QUOTE]
Amen... I'm going to wait for a price drop on this CE, by then I should have finish playing the game.

i wish the jurassic park CE was available through Amazon or B&R retailers... i really don't want to register for another web site just to buy this

This may have been asked, but what are the chances based on previous games that amazon will offer the same game credit for the mass effect CE that it has for the regular edition? I want the CE but it sucks they don't offer the $10 credit like the regular edition.

[quote name='iwannadie']This may have been asked, but what are the chances based on previous games that amazon will offer the same game credit for the mass effect CE that it has for the regular edition? I want the CE but it sucks they don't offer the $10 credit like the regular edition.[/QUOTE]

They usually don't offer credit bonuses to the CEs

Whats going on with the Fate/LE? amazon shows it back ordered for some reason... havent got a shipping notice for my GS order either. Amazon shows its backordered up to 3 months o_O did anyone actualy get a shipping notice or is it delayed?

[quote name='Serpentor']There's no JP CEs for the consoles?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know Telltale has never done a CE for any of their console versions. They've all been for the PC.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Whats going on with the Fate/LE? amazon shows it back ordered for some reason... havent got a shipping notice for my GS order either. Amazon shows its backordered up to 3 months o_O did anyone actualy get a shipping notice or is it delayed?[/QUOTE]

my GS copies shipped yesterday.

[quote name='Serpentor']SSJ, I edited the Fate PSP game with Gamestop online exclusive for the 15 pages Visual Art booklet.

Fate/Extra Limited Edition (PSP)

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/180/fateq.jpg

Includes
:

• Special 15-page Fate Visual Works art booket (Gamestop online exclusive)
  • 11 song Limited Soundtrack

Release: 11/01/11
Price: $39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop[/QUOTE]

The Visual Works art booklet isn't a GS exclusive, it's at every retailer. You can see it in the pic at amazon (the red booklet):

51nL8rdT-IL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The GS exclusive is for a different booklet titled "Fate/ The Fact". That's different from the Visual Works booklet and looks like this:

Fate_Extra_bonusLG.jpg

[quote name='sabanoo']As far as I know Telltale has never done a CE for any of their console versions. They've all been for the PC.[/QUOTE]

If this is true then I'm buying this game solely to support the developers even if I don't get around to playing the game. I'm all about developers who give an edge to the PC community in an already console saturated gaming market. :applause:

I was debating pre-ordering Fate LE on GS Sunday night, waited, and they stopped taking pre-orders for it on Monday. No booklet for me :(

I guess there's stock issues everywhere though, gg. Shouldn't have hesitated!

[quote name='Jbyrd117']How long do you guys think until the Skyrim CE will get a major price drop? I'm talking $60 or less.[/QUOTE]
See ya next Christmas.

[quote name='Jbyrd117']How long do you guys think until the Skyrim CE will get a major price drop? I'm talking $60 or less.[/QUOTE]

I would even pay 80 but since I only want the book its definitely too much right now. I havent seen an uber SE/CE become rare other than the crazy Crysis 2 one so hopefully it will go through a decent post holiday drop.

It sounded like quantities were very limited, so I think the main reason they didn't sell out of stock during the preorders was that it was just way too expensive and many people didn't want/need the statue.

So if I had to guess, I think we'll see a price drop before the end of the year, but once it drops, it will probably sell out pretty quickly due to the limited number of copies. However, if the quantities are truly limited, I highly doubt it will drop to $60...since drops to $120 or $99 will probably clear out all stock.

I also think the stores will be motivated to clear these out of their inventory sooner rather than later because the size of the box is fairly large and prevents them from stocking other items.

Of course, that's mostly just guesswork.

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about buying MW3 Hardened Edition for collecting purposes (i.e. keepin' it sealed).

Two questions:
1) Is it a worthwhile collectible? I don't want to buy something that's gonna depreciate in value in a few months like Killzone 3 Helghast Edition.
2) Is the Xbox 360 edition or the PS3 edition more collectible? It seems like PS3 versions always end up being worth slightly more... more limited quantities?

Thanks!

[quote name='simplylemonade']Hey guys,

I'm thinking about buying MW3 Hardened Edition for collecting purposes (i.e. keepin' it sealed).

Two questions:
1) Is it a worthwhile collectible? I don't want to buy something that's gonna depreciate in value in a few months like Killzone 3 Helghast Edition.
2) Is the Xbox 360 edition or the PS3 edition more collectible? It seems like PS3 versions always end up being worth slightly more... more limited quantities?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
Well its already sold out on Amazon, gamestop, bestbuy, and walmart. It may become very rare.

Two questions:

Thanks![/QUOTE]
1.No - They make so many of these things they eventually become half priced in a couple of months

[quote name='ssjmichael']The Visual Works art booklet isn't a GS exclusive, it's at every retailer. You can see it in the pic at amazon (the red booklet):

51nL8rdT-IL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The GS exclusive is for a different booklet titled "Fate/ The Fact". That's different from the Visual Works booklet and looks like this:

Fate_Extra_bonusLG.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You are correct, sorry! Yes, that's what I meant...

[quote name='Fatbot3']I would even pay 80 but since I only want the book its definitely too much right now. I havent seen an uber SE/CE become rare other than the crazy Crysis 2 one so hopefully it will go through a decent post holiday drop.[/QUOTE]

Two questions:

Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Troutyogurt']Well its already sold out on Amazon, gamestop, bestbuy, and walmart. It may become very rare.[/QUOTE]

Like Troutyogurt said, it's sold out everywhere. Good luck finding one though. You may still be able to pre-order in store...no?

lulz i can't believe modern warfare of all franchises is possibly gonna have a limited quantity CE

brb selling 10 million copies but making 5,000 hardened editions

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']lulz i can't believe modern warfare of all franchises is possibly gonna have a limited quantity CE

brb selling 10 million copies but making 5,000 hardened editions[/QUOTE]

It's because instead of offering things like an RC car they are packaging an item they sell separately for $60 in it. That's the reason
I knew it would be a truly limited LE.

Just letting people know about this LE coming next year for the PSP

http://www.amazon.com/Hakuoki-Demon...p/dp/B005T3GSCM/ref=pd_ys_qtk_general_recs_97

Made by Aksys Games, gameplay very similar to visual novels like Tsukihime and Disgaea Infinite (wished there were more games like this in the US). Storyline is geared mainly towards women (and some men?) as you're a female protagonist surrounded by whole cast of male supporting characters in Edo Japan. Aksys hasn't given out details about the extras, but we can speculate that they will add items according to this survey, with artbook being top choice.

http://www.aksysgames.com/2011/08/05/hakuoki-survey-results-and-more-idea-factory-on-siliconera/

More thorough description + screenshots

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/2...ki-demon-of-the-fleeting-blossom-in-february/

Sister mentioned this to me, seemed really excited about it >.>

[quote name='6er']Come on SE, give the USA a collectors edition of FF Xiii 2[/QUOTE]

I really hope they do, I would pre order it as soon as I could lol.

[quote name='Ionotropic']got my fate-extra LE from gamestop, wrapped in a nut-hugger envelope, smashed to the max. Taking to store for exchange. Whack.[/QUOTE]

Lol

Future Shop Exclusive (Canada Only)

Modern Warfare: Trilogy Collection G1 Steelbook

This bonus is free with your purchase of Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Web ID: 10170835). This bonus gift is not for sale. Not applicable to previous purchases and not to be purchased separately - any gifts ordered separately will be cancelled without any notice. While supplies last.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Steelbook (XBOX 360) - Not Available For Purchase - $99.99

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (XBOX 360) - $59.99

:ps3:MGS HD Collection is not available for pre-order anymore on Amazon.

Anyone else's estimated delivery date 11/14? The game comes out 11/8 and I have 2-day Prime...

[quote name='elessar123']fucking hell. I'm never preordering from Aksys again.

http://li.brari.us/fatestore[/QUOTE]

so wait, you can ge the fate fact book thing if you order direct through them? Why would that mean your not preordering through them, did they not offer the book for pre ordering?

I got a UPS missed delivery notice today. Must have been this game from my GS pre order i think

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']:ps3:MGS HD Collection is not available for pre-order anymore on Amazon.

Anyone else's estimated delivery date 11/14? The game comes out 11/8 and I have 2-day Prime...[/QUOTE]

wel.... shit. I was thinking of waiting but it looks like this may actually be rare. I wonder if i can still pre order at Gamestop or something like that. Are other places still taking orders or are we all just shit out of luck? *sigh* i hate having to gamble on what CE's will be rare and which you can just wait 4 months to drop in price. This is one i assumed would be cake to find later. It looks like the 360 version may be, but who the hell wants to play MGS on the 360

[quote name='Kenshindono']so wait, you can ge the fate fact book thing if you order direct through them? Why would that mean your not preordering through them, did they not offer the book for pre ordering?[/QUOTE]

As in, I canceled my copy at Amazon, ordered from Gamestop because it was a Gamestop preorder exclusive, which was a blatant lie again. And like a slap in the face, it goes on their store before my preorder even arrives. fuck that. Not preordering any of their games again.

[quote name='elessar123']As in, I canceled my copy at Amazon, ordered from Gamestop because it was a Gamestop preorder exclusive, which was a blatant lie again. And like a slap in the face, it goes on their store before my preorder even arrives. fuck that. Not preordering any of their games again.[/QUOTE]

Did Gamestop claim it was an exclusive or did Aksys?

[quote name='Kenshindono']
wel.... shit. I was thinking of waiting but it looks like this may actually be rare. I wonder if i can still pre order at Gamestop or something like that. Are other places still taking orders or are we all just shit out of luck? *sigh* i hate having to gamble on what CE's will be rare and which you can just wait 4 months to drop in price. This is one i assumed would be cake to find later. It looks like the 360 version may be, but who the hell wants to play MGS on the 360[/QUOTE]

GameStop is still taking pre-order but I've heard stories how GS sold more MGS4 LE than they have for stock. Also, this wouldn't be the first time that happen except in the past, MGS LE only have an initial print and that's it. So try your luck with GS.

The best way to figure out which will drop in price quick is to consider the words they use, the publisher's history with previous collector editions, the likely size of the audience and whatnot.

Niche games/small publisher like NISA means limited when they collector/premium. Sony is likely to make accordingly to a peojected demand. GT5 CE sold out in most places and lowest it ever hit was 60 at very limited locations. While KZ3 projection was probably really off. Infamous 2 which I expected not to sell as well as hype claim it will allow me to snag the hero edition at 60.

MS tends to make wayyyyyyy too many. I've see the Halo 3 LE lying around 3 years later. I still see the LE for Reach.

Nintendo usually keep a small print run when it comes to limited and special bundles.

As for wording, limited usually mean limited but more so with niche titles. If they say collector for big hits, expect over abundance but be quick when price drops. If they say each will be number, that means nothing since they can keep adding. If they say out of xxxx copies, that mean something. Then you need to consider what is included. Strangely enough, collector editions/limited editions with artbooks tend to sell out quicker and see a limited print run.

So that's the basic rundown/advice I can give you about buying ce/le.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back