2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Bayonetta/Vanquish SB from BB yesterday...  second steelbook in a row that arrived somewhat damaged...  this time just to the slipcase.  My Death Stranding LE was pretty badly dented, this one isn't as bad.

Anyway, I was also I bit hesitant at buying this set since I have both digital (and 2 copies of Bayonetta on the 360, one of which is still sealed), but I love both games...  the price was right and the packaging tight.  Haven't played Vanquish again yet, but I started Bayonetta again, and it does look slightly better than the 360 upscaled on the X1.  Also noticed some of the VA has been changed (so far the only part I noticed was the person saying Bayonetta when you first start the game).

Also, the art book for the OG Bayonetta is going for over $200 on Amazon...  glad I bought when it was $35 a few years ago!

Future Press just announcement their next guide: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

https://www.future-press.com/animal-crossing-new-horizons

87259115_10157969928616163_1880131928212897792_o.jpg
As much as I like their guides I wish they could manage to get the guides out on time.

I also had my Rune Factory CE canceled today by BB but thankfully the item isn't sold out (and that I still have GCU) and was able to order it again today.  When an item gets delayed from an original release date there seems to be some sort of disconnect between the item description (which has the right release date) and the actual order (which seems to be going by the original release date). Sometimes it gets corrected and your preorder is not canceled (like with the Doom Eternal CE) and sometimes it doesn't get corrected and the preorder gets canceled (like Rune Factory and the Owlboy CE).

And just now I got an email from BB saying my Last of US Part 2 CE is now "Item delayed."  Oh boy, this better get corrected as its currently out of stock....

Someone should start a thread about TLOU delay emails on the BB forums so they're aware of it and our orders don't get cancelled in a month lol.

I’ll add to the confusion. The Ellie edition I purchased is overpriced at $249 instead of the 229 or whatever is supposed to be. I’m just going to wait until after to have them correct it I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This dropped to $10. Ordered one. Got the game for $3 might as well get the collectors content for $10
wtf, I ordered it from this same listing for $20, wonder if I have any recourse? Wonder if I can ship the other back and reorder for $10 or something, this is bs!

Which steelbook is in the dark zone?
i think its the orange one.
According to this annoying unboxing, there isn't a SteelBook case in the package.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON3SnoZaYuE

It may be different since we are talking about the "does not include game" version but I doubt it.

EDIT - Never mind, this video might be the wrong "Collector's Edition."

According to this annoying unboxing, there isn't a SteelBook case in the package.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON3SnoZaYuE

It may be different since we are talking about the "does not include game" version but I doubt it.

EDIT - Never mind, this video might be the wrong "Collector's Edition."
Can confirm there is a steelbook with this set got mine for 20$ off ebay sale no game version

Granblue Fantasy Versus Premium Edition won't come to Europe, according to Marvelous: "been cancelled in Europe due to "ongoing time constraints and production issues".

Makes me wonder if Premium Edition run in US be limited too.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

The XSeed store did use a box for my Rune Factory 4 Special: Archival Edition but there was no packing material. Just a heads up about using them since I'm sure others may be unlucky. 

Genuinely excited to dive into this game. It's the first Rune Factory game I will have played since the first DS game. 

Reminder that FFVII Remake CE charges in 2 days. If you don't want it, cancel now.

Thank you. I preordered this a long time ago. I recently found out it's a 'fake game'. When I ordered this I didn't know that FF7 remake was episodal. I'm not waiting to play the game in stages. I'll just wait another five years when the "Real Complete Ultra GOTY Edition" comes out and it's $20. I'm not paying $80 x 3 to play the real FF7.

Thank you. I preordered this a long time ago. I recently found out it's a 'fake game'. When I ordered this I didn't know that FF7 remake was episodal. I'm not waiting to play the game in stages. I'll just wait another five years when the "Real Complete Ultra GOTY Edition" comes out and it's $20. I'm not paying $80 x 3 to play the real FF7.
Yep cancelled mine for same reason, didn't realize it as I was trying to not look at too much about it to be surprised but glad I found that out before it was too late!

The XSeed store did use a box for my Rune Factory 4 Special: Archival Edition but there was no packing material. Just a heads up about using them since I'm sure others may be unlucky.

Genuinely excited to dive into this game. It's the first Rune Factory game I will have played since the first DS game.
Best Buy actually shipped mine in a bubble mailer, which was a little surprising since they mostly ship these big box editions to me in a box. It arrived a little dinged up, especially on the corners, but nothing enough to have to replace it.

Best Buy actually shipped mine in a bubble mailer, which was a little surprising since they mostly ship these big box editions to me in a box. It arrived a little dinged up, especially on the corners, but nothing enough to have to replace it.
I got mine in a box with two air packets top. In my experience, items shipped from their warehouse usually comes in a box and items shipped from a store tend to used bubble mailers.

On the subject of BBY though, found out my GCU is ending this weekend. Any recommendations or things I should order now to take advantage of my last days?

Anyone need a Doom Eternal CE?  I ordered mine way back when I had GCU and was balls deep in collecting.  Willing to just let it go for what I paid (GCU included).  PS4 version btw.

On the subject of BBY though, found out my GCU is ending this weekend. Any recommendations or things I should order now to take advantage of my last days?
Avengers for the steelbook.

And me a copy of Gears 5 Ultimate for that steelbook while it's on sale ;)

Mine GCU has been gone since November....fun while it lasted.

Damnit I kinda wanna get that Gears 5 Ultimate now, my GCU also expires soon 3/20 I believe. I see it's on Amazon though for $45 as well and I have a $25 card coming Tuesday I got from doing a review, so I kinda wanna wait until then and get it but dunno that it'll be on sale for that next Tuesday. Decisions, decisions... :whistle2:k

• Cyberpunk
  • Doom Eternal
  • Final Fantasy 7
Only thing from this list is the Doom Eternal CE. Waiting on it to go back in stock, hopefully soon.

I can do that, just shoot me a PM and we'll work out the details.

Anyone need a Doom Eternal CE? I ordered mine way back when I had GCU and was balls deep in collecting. Willing to just let it go for what I paid (GCU included). PS4 version btw.
I might be interested, assuming I can't catch it in stock from now until the weekend.

So did anyone keep the Final Fantasy VII remake CE? Just got the email that mine was cancelled lol
I kept it. FFVII is tied with Persona 3 as my favorite game. FFVII was my first Final Fantasy game, and the first game to make me cry. So the nostalgia is strong. I barely buy CEs anymore due to space contraints, so spending more on one from an IP I love isn't too big of a deal.

My Darksiders Genesis CE finally shipped. Was sure it was gonna be cancelled.
What was the deal with these anyway? Wondering if they got shortchanged on numbers but how much sense would it make that they only make some of them if a factory is shut down altogether? All I know is I got mine late and was about to return it since the game is getting meh reviews, but now I see it's fairly rare and selling for about double. . .

I kept it. FFVII is tied with Persona 3 as my favorite game. FFVII was my first Final Fantasy game, and the first game to make me cry. So the nostalgia is strong. I barely buy CEs anymore due to space contraints, so spending more on one from an IP I love isn't too big of a deal.
I decided to keep it too. It was the first RPG I ever finished and I spent hours upon hours exploring the game. It's a top ten RPG for me and holds a lot of fond memories. I even replayed it a few years ago and found that I still loved the game. I'm not sure about all the changes they're making because I loved the original but everything they've shown so far seems promising.

Did they ever release a FF13 box set with games 1,2,3? I don’t recall one, but they did release 10 and 10-2 together eventually.
So I don’t really expect them to do so for 7R. But the “guaranteed” eventual PS5 release of 7R-1 is why I’m not getting the PS4 CE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back