2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I've wondered on things like this, I preordered my RE3 standard on BB when it first was announced and I just checked my order details and the free steelbook is NOT included. So to be safe I cancelled and reordered, but I wonder if I would have just left it if they would have automagically added it on.
They're hit or miss, really. I've had times where they added all pre-order bonuses after the fact, but I've also had times where I've had to contact their customer support to sort it out. Case in point, I never received my digital pre-order code for DBZ: Kakarot. Redoing that order was the right call.

Nioh 2 Steelbook available for purchase from Amazon.de for 9.99 Euros.  This is a different steelbook than the one included in the special edition. 

bigsteelbook-nioh-28490261_8491859.jpg

These individual listings always seem to go pretty fast so if collecting these is your thing, I'd say pull the trigger quick.

http://www.amazon.de/Nioh-2-Exklusives-Steelbook-PlayStation4/dp/B084CMZPZR/ref=bdl_pop_ttl_B084CMZPZR

PM Studios has announced that all retail preorders of the Switch version of Ministry Of Broadcast will contain a steelbook at no additional cost (so I guess it is a Launch edition).  You can currently order this at BB for $39.99 (or $31.99 with GCU).

Looks like it is sold out online at Gamestop too, not sure if in-store is still taking preorder for it.
Walmart still has it up for preorders

Edit: nevermind sold out now, it was up earlier this afternoon. I placed an preorder.

PM Studios has announced that all retail preorders of the Switch version of Ministry Of Broadcast will contain a steelbook at no additional cost (so I guess it is a Launch edition). You can currently order this at BB for $39.99 (or $31.99 with GCU).
ep4d3hzueaajrp1_8492948.jpg

Picture in case anyone was curious of what it looks like. They call it "Steel Box" so it might not be a Steelbook™, but looks good either way.

So are those two different designs? The spine is visible on both, so that can't be a front/back image.
They've heard our complaints about Switch Steelbooks lacking titles on the spine, so going forward all Switch Steelbooks will have two spines with titles on both spines. For hardcore collectors, the inability to actually open the Steelbook will be a non-issue.

So are those two different designs? The spine is visible on both, so that can't be a front/back image.
Oh, nice catch. I think it's a mistake on their graphics design part. My guess is that it really is front and back and they just forgot to give a flipped version to accurately depict that. Originally there were two images, but I shared the one focusing on the steel case.
Here is the other image:

ep4yqqmu4aay5x8_8492947.jpg

Mine came on Friday and honestly it's in really good condition. I was pleasantly surprised!
Can i return/cance one of both of the Lego games and not be charged for the steelbook? The last time I did this with Shenmue 3 when I returned the game the steelbook took on a 20 dollar charge on my order so my refund was less

Can i return/cance one of both of the Lego games and not be charged for the steelbook? The last time I did this with Shenmue 3 when I returned the game the steelbook took on a 20 dollar charge on my order so my refund was less
Doubt it. Mine was rung up like a bundle so any return and the steelbook gets a $29.99 charge.

I got an email cancellation from Amazon on my Doom Eternal CE order. Said they weren't getting the item from the manufacturer and gave me a $10 credit for the issue. Wondering if anyone else got this?

According to Playstation.blog, "Since selling out last September, we’ve been working closely with the teams at PlayStation to make more The Last of Us Part II Ellie Editions. We’re delighted to let you know the Ellie Edition will be back and available for pre-order in limited quantities (available at select retailers across US and Canada only) starting Thursday, February 13, at 6:00am PST at Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Walmart.com, Target, and in Canada exclusively at EB Games for $229.99 USD / $299.99 CAD MSRP."

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

"and in Canada exclusively at EB Games"

They always find a way to make these events miserable up here.
I'd take it as a blessing. $230 ($300 CAD) is an absolutely absurd price to pay. If you're really into collectors editions and feel like you cant live without this one than I'd say maybe $120, but $230 is laughable.

Side note: Is there any way to track collectors editions on amazon for price drops? Have a couple I'm eyeing but theyre at strict prices, and im hoping to wait for a price drop without checking everyday.

I'd take it as a blessing. $230 ($300 CAD) is an absolutely absurd price to pay. If you're really into collectors editions and feel like you cant live without this one than I'd say maybe $120, but $230 is laughable.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm sitting this one out. I just mean EB being the only option for retail. Happens pretty often and I can't think of a time their site didn't crash for a big launch.

Side note: Is there any way to track collectors editions on amazon for price drops? Have a couple I'm eyeing but theyre at strict prices, and im hoping to wait for a price drop without checking everyday.
I've had good luck with Keepa.

Anyone here have Darksiders Genesis CE preordered from Best Buy? It comes out in 3 days and the listing has been removed from the site entirely. My order page still says "December 31st" as when it's to be expected and I haven't been charged and it isn't in preparing to be shipped phase yet.

I wonder if they will ship on time. Best Buy usually ships my pre-orders 2-3 days before they release.

Anyone here have Darksiders Genesis CE preordered from Best Buy? It comes out in 3 days and the listing has been removed from the site entirely. My order page still says "December 31st" as when it's to be expected and I haven't been charged and it isn't in preparing to be shipped phase yet.

I wonder if they will ship on time. Best Buy usually ships my pre-orders 2-3 days before they release.
I didn't but this reminds a little of the Zombie Army 4 CE preorder from BB (where the listing disappeared from the site after a few weeks). I'm curious did anyone actually receive the Zombie Army 4 CE from BB and if so, was it sent and received by its release date?

I didn't but this reminds a little of the Zombie Army 4 CE preorder from BB (where the listing disappeared from the site after a few weeks). I'm curious did anyone actually receive the Zombie Army 4 CE from BB and if so, was it sent and received by its release date?
Yes, I received my Zombie Army 4 CE from Best Buy on release date. It shipped the day before like always.

I got my Zombie Army 4 CE the day of release from Best Buy, it shipped the day before.

My PS4 Nephilim Edition is now "preparing to ship" on Bestbuy.com.

Just got charged for the CE so I think it still coming Friday

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Went up on Target with the b2g1 free sale lol. Soldout so fast, was at checkout and had to change my card and boom nothing in cart.

^Yowza, I was thinking of skipping or waiting on Avengers after seeing that depressing box art, but the steelbook looks so superior that it might be a day-one buy for me now. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back