2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pfft... good luck trying to get one at Best Buy. Been trying for both the CE and the Ellie Edition and it's always the same- page shows it in stock, but then sells out as soon as I add to cart.

The one time I got close, I got a fucking Verified by Visa thing at check-out and of course, it sold out by the time I tried going back to change to another card. Pissed me off like crazy, because it's a card I used before on larger purchases there and never got that.
LoU 2 CE, not Ellie, still available in store at GameStop.

I wonder if Best Buy will ever list Psikyo Shooting Stars Bravo Edition.  They've had the Alpha version up for months.

I ordered from that Casetopia site someone mentioned last thread for PS4 replacement cases. I ordered weeks ago, they never shipped, I called and no one answered and it said their mailbox is full so I couldn’t leave a message. Anyone ever order from here before?

Dec 22nd Amazon Japan declined my payment for mega man switch set- gave them new payment, they shipped it. Arrived via DHL on the 24th. No shipping fee. I’m impressed.

Well sad times my GCU expires today so I used my 25% farewell coupon along with 20% GCU for Darksiders Genesis Nephilim Edition.

Mine will sadly be expiring soon too. Do you get the coupon after it expires?
You should receive the coupon by email about a week before GCU expires.
Make sure you print/save that coupon from the email as soon as you got it. When I got mine, I just starred the message in gmail because it had a pretty long expiration date (I want to say 4 months?) and then went I went to use it 2 months later, the link was broken/dead.

So lately, I've been trying to look for "niche physical games that were once easy to find but their availability is now dwindling and will be super hard to find at a good price very soon" games.

Do we already have a thread for those on here? If not, I think it would be a good thing to keep track of. Though I'd have no idea where to even begin with compiling a list of those kinds of games. I'm not talking about AAA games, so that would narrow it down a lot. Just to throw out a couple examples, I've always wanted to buy Cave Story+ for Switch, but just forgot I guess and I remembered recently and it's sold out at every retailer. Another I had some difficulty tracking down recently was The Sexy Brutale physical edition. I'm talking niche games like those that are well regarded, had a niche or quiet release and now are starting to become hard to find.

Anyone else interested in releases like that?

I like weird shit, usually because they’re fun games not so much the value. One I found recently that’s cool and likely niche is “Ghost Parade.” Like a Pokemon vania.

So lately, I've been trying to look for "niche physical games that were once easy to find but their availability is now dwindling and will be super hard to find at a good price very soon" games.

Do we already have a thread for those on here? If not, I think it would be a good thing to keep track of. Though I'd have no idea where to even begin with compiling a list of those kinds of games. I'm not talking about AAA games, so that would narrow it down a lot. Just to throw out a couple examples, I've always wanted to buy Cave Story+ for Switch, but just forgot I guess and I remembered recently and it's sold out at every retailer. Another I had some difficulty tracking down recently was The Sexy Brutale physical edition. I'm talking niche games like those that are well regarded, had a niche or quiet release and now are starting to become hard to find.

Anyone else interested in releases like that?
This thread covers current gen obscure stuff and non-LRG releases: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/357745-indielimitedobscure-physical-release-deals-and-discussion-thread/page-1

May not be exactly what you’re looking for though

Having finally gotten around to playing Ghost of a Tale, I'd love to see a CE for it now. Such a love letter to Mouse Guard and Redwall fans in a nice little soulsborne package. Adorable and dark; fan-fucking-tastic.

Anyone have Zombie Army 4 CE preordered?  I have been waiting for it to become available at both Best Buy & GameStop to no avail.  I've tried GameStop retail locations since the game was announced, but they never opened it for preorders.  Same thing Best Buy. 

Meanwhile, the game has been available for months at EB Games Canada website.  I'm debating using a proxy service from Canada to the US just to get my hands on this bad boy, but was wondering if anyone out there has been successful in getting this preordered before I start the order...

Anyone have Zombie Army 4 CE preordered? I have been waiting for it to become available at both Best Buy & GameStop to no avail. I've tried GameStop retail locations since the game was announced, but they never opened it for preorders. Same thing Best Buy.

Meanwhile, the game has been available for months at EB Games Canada website. I'm debating using a proxy service from Canada to the US just to get my hands on this bad boy, but was wondering if anyone out there has been successful in getting this preordered before I start the order...
It actually was available to preorder from Best Buy for a few week's time, but then they completely removed the listing from the site (just as I decided I wanted to preorder it). Definitely makes me wonder what is going on with it.

It actually was available to preorder from Best Buy for a few week's time, but then they completely removed the listing from the site (just as I decided I wanted to preorder it). Definitely makes me wonder what is going on with it.
It actually worked for that gift card offer they had with any game purchase of $100 or more even though it shouldn't have. I already received the gift card and I got the GCU price. My preorder is still active, so I think they just ran out of stock for preorders.

Thanks for the heads up on Best Buy at least being open for a little while. I'm going to bite the bullet and order from EB Games Canada. With the Canadian Exchange Rate, it will wind up being around $100 US ($30 less than US retail). Figure whatever savings can help pay for the Proxy shipping from Canada to the US. Just wondering why there's a larger window of availability for Canada versus US. Maybe seeing the Strange Brigade CE on clearance at GameStop had an effect of some sort on their order of ZA4 CE

I just received an Item Delayed email from Best Buy on my TLOU - Ellie Edition, telling me my item is delayed, and they will work on getting my items to me until January 29, 2020.  

I hope this is a mistake, considering I ordered as soon as it went up and it doesn't even come out until May, lol.

No, they derped a bunch of release dates including Darksiders AGAIN. IDK WTF they're doing over there but they already corrected the dates.

Had to replace my debit card because of a fraud report from Walmart

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it at Best Buy? I got that a few times with them and got locked out from purchasing for 24 hours.
i oredered everything from BB, but it was Capital One that texted me. Probably because it was multiple individual orders because I got excited seeing all the games I wanted.

The Best Buy exclusive deluxe premium edition with the pouch finally started working with GCU. Not sure when this happened, but I know at least for the first week or two GCU didn't work with it. Still think it's a ripoff as it's $20 more for items that probably cost like 20 cents to make, but if you want it, GCU now works for it.

The Best Buy exclusive deluxe premium edition with the pouch finally started working with GCU. Not sure when this happened, but I know at least for the first week or two GCU didn't work with it. Still think it's a ripoff as it's $20 more for items that probably cost like 20 cents to make, but if you want it, GCU now works for it.
I appreciate the heads up, but it will be an easy pass for me.

Gamestop have the Division 2 Gold edition for $25 on both systems, also Jump Force collector edition for $89 (XB1/PS4), instore only, sold out online. I did a impulse buy for Jumpforce today. Ni nu kuni 2 CE $35 available online as well.

Gamestop have the Division 2 Gold edition for $25 on both systems, also Jump Force collector edition for $89 (XB1/PS4), instore only, sold out online. I did a impulse buy for Jumpforce today. Ni nu kuni 2 CE $35 available online as well.
If only jump force CE came with season pass

Is there an eta on when the CE will be available? I went into both Gamestop and Best Buy to place an order but it wasn't in their system for pre-order.

Anyone have Zombie Army 4 CE preordered? I have been waiting for it to become available at both Best Buy & GameStop to no avail. I've tried GameStop retail locations since the game was announced, but they never opened it for preorders. Same thing Best Buy.

Meanwhile, the game has been available for months at EB Games Canada website. I'm debating using a proxy service from Canada to the US just to get my hands on this bad boy, but was wondering if anyone out there has been successful in getting this preordered before I start the order...

Is there an eta on when the CE will be available? I went into both Gamestop and Best Buy to place an order but it wasn't in their system for pre-order.
Pretty sure you missed the window. Both Best Buy and Gamestop did preorders online months ago now. I don't think they are going to be available in stores given the limited quantities available. Maybe check again a week before release on Gamestop.com as they will do some cancellations for failed payment I'm sure.

"As far as we're aware via our distributor it is still available in the US. It has sold very well though so you may have to do a little digging to find your own edition. Calling your local retailer might be an idea as they may be able to locate a copy for you." This was the response I got when I emailed them, so very likely I missed the pre-order. However, I could wait and see for any cancellations around release date.

Alright, last post about this. I went into a Best Buy store and was able to put $5 down on the Zombie Army 4: Dead War CE. So anybody interested, try that.

Alright, last post about this. I went into a Best Buy store and was able to put $5 down on the Zombie Army 4: Dead War CE. So anybody interested, try that.
How were you able to it's not listed on the site?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm curious as well, though I'm sure it will come up again on the site as we get closer to the release date.
I asked the rep the same thing, lol. He didn't know either but guessed it was probably just an in store thing. We will see on release date if my order actually comes through.

Darksiders III Collector Edition :ps4: $35.97 (launched at $150), :XB1: $45.xx
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/games/products/darksiders-iii-collectors-edition/10165988.html

- Game
- Fury figurine
- Soundtrack
- Artbook
- Steelbook
- Season Pass ($20 alone) Expires 01/04/2216

Picked one up myself today.
too bad gamestop's website is more useless now than before. can't order for pickup, can't check which stores might have it anymore, you need to call yourself to every store in your area. and every DOTD as of late afaik is strictly on the preowned version of games or pop figures.

Ended up canceling my FF7 First Class edition since SE wouldn't even let me change the state for delivery. Definitely gonna be my last order from that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back